A place for dead or inactive threads. May they rest in peace.

Registration thread: Version 1.1

Re: Registration thread: Version 1.1

Postby Thalar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Okay.. I've been lenient about this, but in the end it needs to be changed. In the future, if I ask you to make changes to a character, resubmit the character instead of editing your original post.

Ganurath:
I still have some issues with this character, although you've gone quite far in matching what I requested. First off, I'd like you to note the correct term for a tainted drowolath is "Ver'drowendar", so please change the race field to reflect this :)
A note about elendlar summoning.. Creatures to summon are increasingly rare, so your character may have inherited a snake summons from your family, but that snake is likely the only one you have to call upon. You need to have a creature's soul "stored" within a soulmir in order to summon it.

One thing about the gems. A sealing stone in your weapon? Makes no sense. Your sealing armor will have sealing gems in it, simply because it is made to keep the seed within you in check. it can also hold sealing gems you can use to seal demons. But a weapon is not the place for such a thing.

As for recieving encouragement from Sharen classmates, I severely doubt it. A girl from a minor clan is hardly someone they'd associate with, and even if one chose to do so, the others would likely not approve of it. Velnar summoning was not taught openly to anyone before sixteen years ago. Also, before the end of the war, the Sharen were violently opposed to the tainted and their new art of summoning.

Your background currently poses many more questions than it answers. I suggest you try answering them. What ties does your character have with the Sharen, that the Vloz'ress don't trust her? And if the Vloz'ress don't trust you, you're not one of their Nether Summoners, that I can tell you right away. What did she do in the years between school and the war?
If your clan was wiped out in the Inquisition then it is likely that the majority of its members were tainted, why wasn't Ganu'rath tainted back then? Why was her clan wiped out in the Inquisition?

Still refused.
Also, don't edit your post, post the whole background anew with the requested changes.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Driderfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Name:Dri'nith

Race: Drowolath
Weapons: He carries with two somewhat small daggers along with a backup he keeps hidden on a disguised pouch on his pants.Also a small crossbow on his back with bolts.
Equipment: A small sack which he carries his normal junk.100 ada, a few gemstones, mushrooms, paper and pen to write with, and of course a book about driders.
Magic: Shadow Sorcery.
Beginning city: Chel'el'sussoloth
Clan: Beldrobbaen
Background:

Dri'nith was born into the Beldrobbaen Clan.His family was one of which was deeply rooted into Beldrobbaen nobility.His family always followed the ways of Beldrobbaen.Soon after he was born his father was turned into a drider as was tradition.Growing up when he first caught glimpse of a drider his life has never quite been the same.He literally obsessed over them to the point of being distracted and distanced from events happening.As such he had great respect for all driders in particular to the point to going out of his way to do whatever he could for them.

Growing up he was never physicall a powerfull person.Which was partial in his choice of weapons.Though what he lacked in strength he made up for in agility.Being somewhat nimble and quick.He could strike more even though it wasn't as powerful.Though of course with his lack of strength he could not take a hit that well.All of this was taken partial note of when he was sent to be trained as an assassin for the clan.The combination of his natural affinity for shadow magic was quite useful in his training.Though he was frequently distracted during his training years whenever he caught glimpse of a drider.Though he did successfully complete his training despite this.

When he would fight he preferred to use stealth and agility, along with planning and wit instead of strentgh against an opponent to overcome his general shortcomings in strength.Usualy he will not fight much only doing what such is needed to the clan or to help.

He has always been there for his clan doing what he could to support it's well being.Though he had somewhat resentment for those outside the clan.For their betrayal of the driders in the past.

Dri'nith being sometimes distanced not always to note of the events of the tainted.Other than there mere mention he doesn't want to be.He is usualy never up to date on the events as his pure distraction and daydreaming took over.Though whenver he was to do something for the clan or a drider in particular his mind was attentive to the task at hand.

In his spare time he usually sits to daydream or to search constantly for a dtrider of which to do something for.Which makes him seem odd or just downright crazy to most.

Description:
Height: Five foot seven
Weight: 125 pounts
Eye color:Deep blue.
Hair color: White.Usualy left long especialy the sides of his bangs which are kep about an inch shorter than the rest.Though should the situation arise he will tie it back.
Appearance: Very thin and bony.His face is smooth with somewhat high cheekbones, his cheeks are somewhat sunken adding to his bony appearance.He usualy wears a grey shirt trimmed with black.His pants are black trimmed with purple and contain a hidden pouch on the lower part of the right leg for concealing a small dagger.He also wears a black headband around his head.All of the clothes are made of spider silk and made to allow good unrestricted movement.As such are somewhat tighter than normal clothes.They are also somewhat thin to help with movement and allow easier stealth at the cost of not holding as much heat.He also carries a thin black cloth around his neck which he pulls up to conceal the lower half of his face for assassinations.

Personality: He is usualy laid back and lazy.Distanced from most things and daydreaming in general.Also he is usualy sarcastic.He is usualy not up to date on most events.He is in general an obssessed fanatic of driders.He shows great respect for driders and is more than willing to do anything for them.To the point he would abdandon what he was doing to do so.Though he doesn't always express it surprisingly, if he would happen to be injured badly he would be more than willing to became a drider in order to continue serving his clan.

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

(Sorry If things are not 100% correct by chance.Recently got into drowtales and have spent about 8 hours of almost constant reading with few breaks today along with I'm going to take a guess of 4 hours last night before going to sleep.I think I'm starting to confuse real life with drowtales in my mind.Hehe.)
Driderfan
Tik'tikki

Postby Thalar » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 pm

Driderfan

I can't see anything downright wrong with this character. But he seems rather empty, more a coathanger for some skills and a weird fascination with driders, than a person. Now, it is not impossible to play such a character, but since the DT RPG does not focus on fighting but rather on social interaction (with the odd fight), you need to delve a little deeper into Dri'nith's background.

Try thinking about his family life, did he go to Orthorbbae (age 10-30) or was he home-schooled, and if so, why?
Why does he wish to serve driders and what does that make his closest relatives or friends think of him - and does he care what they think? What does serving or helping driders do for him? He's fairly young at 48 (human equivalent; 24), what are his dreams and hopes for the future? If he doesn't have any, how come?

If you want to discuss this more thoroughly post in the newbie school thread :)

Refused.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Ssin'urn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 am

Effective immediately, I hereby retire all of my characters which may still be considered active, though I am not certain which ones this affects and which ones it does not. I just want to start from scratch with all those new rules, opportunities, absence of old playing partners and arrival of prospective new ones.

I do, however, reserve the right to re-apply any of my old characters with slight changes to reflect my heightened knowledge of the worldsetting and the generally risen awareness of the setting due to remakes and the wiki. Expect at least one character from me soon. More if I don't get worked to death. :P
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Thalar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 pm

Ssin'urn

Duly noted. And welcome back :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Character Registration

Postby Cira » Sat May 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Hope I got all of this right and I'm looking forward to trying my hand in this RP setting. Sorry about the lengthy background, I kinda got carried away ^^;

Name: Endelion Ensambran.
Race: Drowolath (Male)
Equipment: Two identical single edged curved dirks, 38 cm blade 48 cm overall length. Also carries two throwing knives 8cm blade 14 cm overall, conceals these up his sleeve in ready throwing position. Typically he wears black breeches and a black shirt with a vest of the same color, generally an Armored spider silk vest if he’s anywhere but his private quarters. He wears a black cloak with a hood that extends to just below the kneecaps and of course the Vel’Vloz’ress scourge mask for public appearances. Black lizard skin boots and fingerless gloves of the same material provide comfort and protection, and to complete his wardrobe he always wears a small ruby earring charged with mana for his sorcery. If he feels he may be going into some heavy combat he places the throwing knives on his belt to make way for steel braces complete with overlapping metal gloves; the bracers have rubies with mana stored in them for fire sorcery and the glove fingers end in claws. He also generally carries two small belt pouches in which he stores daily necessities like money, keystones, flint for fire, some sneezing powder (equivalent to pepper spray), and his overseer’s grocery list.
Magic: He posses an affinity for fire sorcery and is quite adept in the art, as well as being taught how to use shadow sorcery and illusion to complement his stealth abilities. While trained to use shadow illusion his skills still need work and he can only really use it to augment his skills. Like many Scourges he wishes to learn demonic summoning but at the moment he knows only the basics, enough to perhaps summon a demonic mousy of doom, but that’s about it.
Beginning city: Chel’el’sussoloth.
Clan: Former Beldrobbaen currently serves Vloz’ress.
Background: The younger twin to a female Elendlari in a minor house of the Beldrobbaen clan Endelion was born in the shadow of his sister. Their mother was of course disappointed that she had not given birth to twin girls, and as such she made Endelion feel guilty of his gender. On top of that his sister was pampered as a child, not only for being female, and the eldest, but also for being the first daughter child of their mother. Since a mother is expected to raise her first born she focused her attention on her daughter, Elandelion, and almost completely ignored Endelion.
Endelion learned to survive his first 10 years using cunning and trickery. He learned how to hide in the shadows and became as patient as a spider sitting in its web. His habits were like that of a shadow, he followed his sister and learned what she learned, surviving on the scraps she left behind, but remained almost completely obsolete. When his sister was presented to the Devesse of their house Endelion was brought along as well perhaps only so his mother could get permission to dispose of him.
It surprised everyone present that his knowledge of clan customs, politics, and history, matched and perhaps even rivaled that of his sister. Intrigued the Devesse of the house decided that Endelion would be trained as a Velg’larn, to eventually protect his oh so precious sister. So while Elandelion left for the Orthorbbae Crescent to become an Elendlari like their mother Endelion began his training in the ways of stealth and shadow.
His education as a Velg’larn enhanced what he had already begun to learn as a child, and he quickly became adept in the arts of stealth, poisons, and assassination. The only field he had some difficult with was mastery the use of shadow magic and illusions, and even today his skills need work, but he can use it to help cloak his presences or slightly alter his form.
The reason for his difficulties was discovered when they bothered to test for his magic affinity, and it came as a surprise that it differed from his bloodlines norm of shadow magic and was instead fire magic. The Devesse decided that his affinity could prove useful, after all if he ever got in a situation when stealth and his knives failed him he could fall back onto a powerful and destructive magic form. He showed much more progress in his training for this mana affinity than the shadow magic, and quickly became a capable combatant via his magic.
He was also trained to use various light weapons suitable for stealth and concealment, and among these he favored the dagger most of all. In close combat he wields his two dirks simultaneously and favors waiting for an opponent to overextend or reveal a weakness before counter attacking. While capable he is by no means a master knife fighter and he knows it, so he tries to kill from the shadows or a distance whenever possible.
Whenever his sister returned from the Crescent Endelion was assigned to follow her at all times, to protect her if necessary and become accustomed to his future role as her life guardian. Of course his sister began to take advantage of him and treated him as little more than a slave, ordering him on various trivial errands simply to amuse her or to reinforce her superiority. Her haughty attitude also began to get her in trouble with her peers, and they would often challenge her outside of school or send their vassals to put her in her place. She began to rely on Endelion completely to take care of these challenges, refusing to face them herself. This of course was a habit not appreciated by the Devesse, how was she to rise in power when one of her female vassals relied entirely on a mere male? It certainly didn’t endear Endelion to his sister and served to fuel his feelings of jealousy and contempt towards her.
The Devesse summoned Endelion and told him of a test she had arranged for his sister, one he was to tell no one about and he could not interfere in. So when his sister was challenged by a Velnari from their clan posing as a wandering mercenary Endelion remained in the shadows and watched. His sister unaccustomed to a real fight quickly succumbed to the Velnari’s summons and was tainted, proving beyond doubt her failure. When the two returned to the fortress their mother not knowing of the Devesse orders blamed Endelion and disowned him for “failing” in his duty. Used, abused, and discarded by the females of his clan Endelion fled into the city.
Abandoned by the ones he had always attempted to serve Endelion made a vow, to learn the arts and powers that had so long been denied him because of his gender and eventually use those powers to tear down the females from their positions of power. Thinking of only one place that would take in a renegade and possibly teach him summoning despite his gender Endelion fled to the Vloz’ress fortress.
For the last year and a half (His was exiled shortly before the incident with the Beldrobbaen massacre in the school) he has been garroting, backstabbing, and maneuvering his way up the power chain in the Vloz’ress clan and has finally secured a relatively trivial but somewhat secure position as a Scourge in the clan. He is important enough to merit his own room (little more than a cell but he at least has a nice strong door in between him and the demons) but has not yet achieved sufficient status to be trained in demonic summoning. His duties fluctuate from errand boy, to guard, to stealthy killer, the later being his preferred profession.
Description:
Height: 5 foot 4 inches
Weight: 115
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Hair Color: Dyed black
Appearance: He could best be described as scruffy, living in a demonic fortress bath time kind of ranks low on the list of priorities. His hair remains died black, both for concealment and a lingering attachment to his former clan, and extends to about ear lobe length; hair is also often tussled in bed head style. Physically he appears rather thin and gangly but it only serves to hide a capable physical form. Most of his weapons are concealed and you can only see his dirks hilts (he straps them behind his back Chirinide style) His mask has a spider web pattern across its face and the eyes resemble large crescents.
Personality: His demeanor is usually withdrawn and emotionless, he tries not to let others know what he’s thinking and to appear as inconspicuous as possible. Goes along with his philosophy of if you pretend not to be worth someone’s attention then they’ll generally ignore you. Despite his calm appearance he becomes really enthusiastic during action, running through a market place dodging Kyorl templars is great fun for him, and he has been accused of enjoying his job a little too much. He has feelings of resentment and maybe even hate towards females but is willing to push his feeling aside for the sake of his plans to learn summoning.

Time Zone: Pacific standard time.
Last edited by Cira on Mon May 19, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cira
Nether Seed

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Vasael » Fri May 16, 2008 1:40 am

Name: Vasael Xinserai Val’Beldrobbaen

Equipment:
A long katana housed in a plain, hardened, black leather sheath. Also keeps several throwing daggers on hand for tight situations—usually slipped in additional sheaths on his legs or belt, or in his boots when the situation calls for it. Generally also has a dirk on hand as well, for use as a secondary/emergency weapon should the need arise. A short bow and quiver occasionally accompany him—usually when out on missions, and not on casual trips into the city.

Usually, he keeps a small bit of coin on him at all times for his trips about the city. He has a hooded black cloak for traveling and when not on duty he usually just keeps to spider-silk clothing. Around home, he prefers the relaxing feel of robes, but otherwise, he keeps to a suit of black, light, but hardened armor, for mobility. Usually keeps a journal and pen with him at most times and places, so that he can quickly make notes of anything that catch his eye, and so that he can jot down any ideas that might strike him throughout the day. Some other random bits that usually grace his personage include: spider silk rope, a small whetstone, and a ring engraved with the symbolic Beldrobbaen spider.

Magic: Possesses some basic sorcery, and some further potential, namely in the element darkness/shadow, as befitting of his clan.

Clan: Val’Beldrobbaen

Background:
Vasael was born into the Xinserai family, a sub-house of lesser nobility in the Val’Beldrobbaen clan. Two brothers had preceded him, as well as three sisters. His mother was a conniving, power-starved witch that would have fit quite well into the political nightmare of the Vel’Sharen. Unfortunately, fate seemed to flex a sense of humor, sticking her to the ranks of the dying, rather than those of the regal and powerful. Nevertheless, she did everything she could to gain prestige, both within the clan and abroad. Even when the great tragedy struck the Val’Beldrobbaen, in which so many of their daughters were lost or tainted, she merely saw it as an opportunity to capitalize on. She figured with less competition in the clan, she could make large strides in the stature of her own house.

She was wrong.

As for Vasael, he was a strange boy. In his youth, he always took quite affectionately to the spiders his clan so obsesses over. A great deal of his time was spent with those in his family’s possession—down in the nesting grounds, watching them, playing with them, and using them to hide from his brothers. There he flourished; isolated, playing with the shadows and the creatures it bred. His keen connection to one spider in particular—a spider named “Tsukiko”—was noted by many who cared to look, and it would eventually become his dear companion. He was happily ignored for the most part…but all good things must come to an end.

With one daughter dead due to certain incidents in the Nidraachal War and two ugly little brutes for elder sons, Vasael’s mother grew noticeably colder to the world. She assigned his brothers to train him when they’d the time, hoping her youngest son could grow, where his brothers would find only failure. They beat and abused Vasael every day, but his mother didn’t care. Just so long as her “little runt” didn’t die, she was fine with it. Isolation became a rarity for him. His brothers called him weak, called him stupid and useless…said he’d never amount to a thing, and he would bring only further disgrace to the clan. They too, were wrong.

For hours at a time Vasael studied under his brothers’ tutelage. They trained him in an assortment of weapons, but he quickly took to the sword. However, sorcery was wholly shunned, and its use met with violent beatings; this transpired, of course, because the brothers themselves had little to no magical talent whatsoever. One had difficulty halting the truly determined, though—what magic he learned came from the limited number of books he managed to smuggle into his presence—and the limited amount of information he could glean from them on his own—from wherever he could garner them. He was a little pickpocket with good intentions…mostly.

Nevertheless, his training thusly began to focus on swordplay, and, despite what his brothers may have said to his face, he was a quick learner. Yet, despite his burgeoning skill, his brothers seemed to be breaking his will to pieces. His training floundered, and though he had grown adept with swordplay, his skills began to stalemate. Whether he could learn little more from his idiot brothers, or he simply grew so frustrated that he ceased to try, it happened all the same. Yet, he still had a surprise in him that would keep him on the path of success, and get his brothers out of his hair for good…

There is an old saying: “What goes around, comes around.” He was a firm believer.

All of a sudden the tables turned. One of his brothers berated and struck him in one of the corridors of the Val’Beldrobbaen fortress. When the boy’s spider, Tsukiko, attempted to help him, the ignorant brother drew back, and gave it a swift kick, hurling it back. He pushed his little brother too far…Vasael snapped. They trained and they left—the brothers, not Vasael. He waited. He tended to Tsukiko, then crept from his room and set about a trap, waiting for his brothers to return. When they did, it sprung, and the one who beat him found himself in a situation far beyond his control.

What few lights graced the hall went utterly dead on their approach. Suddenly the shadows themselves were coiling about their arms and feet. One broke free, the other did not. The shadows lent echoes of chittering spiders. The one drew his sword—but Vasael struck at the other one. The shadows used to cover the youth faded away and he leapt out, dagger in hand.

With a howl he was upon him, beating and stabbing at him—until his mother’s guards pulled him off with great effort. The brothers retaliated and tried to kill him, but Ki’trisi’ana—his mother—looked differently upon him then. As his brothers were sent back to their dead-end work as guards for the dying clan, she set about finding him a more well-suited teacher. He’d showed spirit—it was better than anything she’d received from those cretins.

Naer’silin, the younger of his two surviving sisters, was chosen for the task. Vasael’s mother never had much respect or care for her, and she thought that while helping Vasael, it would also be a punishment to her. She couldn’t have been further from the truth. Naer’silin was recalled from school to train him, and she was just as pleased by the event as he. She was as kind as any Drow he’d ever met, and in his opinion, likely ever would. Even tainted as she was, she treated him far kinder than any who’d come before her. She enjoyed training him, and took pleasure in watching him succeed, and at the same time made Vasael actually *want* to learn. Of course, another factor in their great relationship was probably that Naer’silin hated Vasael’s mother just about as much as he did.

For long hours at a time, Vasael studied dutifully under his sister, beginning finally to learn more than just the art of the sword. They chatted about his attempt on theirs brothers’ lives; she laughed, but took note of what it meant. Naer’silin opened his mind to the world of magic, greatly expanding upon what little trinkets he’d taken away from his readings, and he quickly took to wielding magic of the shadows. His sister saw a great deal of promise in him, and, not wishing him to tire of such things, took to rewarding him for a job well done. This usually would consist of a trip out and about the city, away from the compound he had been so long confined to.

She would take him shopping and show him off to some of her fellow Val’Beldrobbaen and classmates, that he might also become more accustomed to society and social situations. It simply wouldn’t do to have an anti-social little brat. She was the first to teach him that how one leant themselves to others was just as important as any skill in battle. He could learn to disarm long before blades would ever need to be drawn, destroy before any blood might need to be shed. It was a strange lesson for him, but she comforted him with the knowledge that it was a lesson his brothers had never learned. Another manner, she suggested, in which he was better than them.

During their time together, though, a question came to Vasael, and burdened him greatly. As he followed his sister, going into the city and seeing all those she knew and interacted with, he heard much talk of Orthorbbae and classes and students. None of this knowledge was particularly new to him, but the intensity to which the schools of the Drow were discussed, was. If it was so typical for the noble children to enter the school, why had he not been sent there? Why had he instead been subjected to the whims of his brothers…and then to the tutelage of Naer’silin? The questions plagued him.

When he finally asked his sister the reasoning behind his home schooling, he was not exactly satisfied with the response. His mother, she said, did not trust the Faerns, nor indeed the school as a whole…a feeling held even before the War, and only further stressed with the conception of the Beldrobbaen's "great accident." The loss of so many of the Beldrobbaen's daughters to the accident simply solidified a great hate for any process of education beyond the reach of her own claws. It had been a struggle for her daughters to convince her to let them continue on through school—it would’ve been impossible for a son to do the same. Naer’silin assured him, though, that she would do her best to keep him as prepared as any student of the Orthorbbae.

Around the age of 28, Ki’trisi’ana intruded on his training, seeking to borrow him for bits of time for other noble women’s beds. His youthful and vigorous nature, coupled with a handsome face made him coveted by several women, so his mother certainly wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity. It was just another attempt to gain some manner of prestige; diplomacy and politics at work. However, Naer’silin quickly stepped in and put a stop to it, demanding that he needed to focus on his studies. Their mother’s actions, she snarled, were deplorable. In a rare sight for the young boy’s eyes, his mother backed off.

By 29, however, his sister’s protection came to an end. The moment she declared him fit and ready to service their clan, was the moment he became fully subject to whatever dubious plans his mother had laid out for him.

Ki’trisi’ana quickly inspected him, and with glee declared that Naer’silin had done a fine job. Pleased with how he had turned out, she ‘rewarded’ her “dear daughter” by sending her back to school. Vasael’s sister was less than grateful with the offer, and let her final words to Vasael be a warning, telling him to keep one eye on his mother at all times, lest her foolish ways were to get him killed.

Offering him up to her superiors as a noble warrior, his mother was making her last ditch attempt to gain some manner of prestige for her house. He was just a male, but she still hoped he would do better than his ‘weak’ elder brothers, who’d ended up as little more than simple guards—pawns, and little else. She wanted someone that embodied strength; a protector, of sorts, of her precious bloodline. Vasael was fortunate. Despite his annoyance of a mother, he was a quick favorite among several of his superiors and fellow nobles. Driven by a fiery bit of determination, ever-concealing a calm and calculating personality—trained in sword and sorcery, and blessed with a handsome face, he was quickly accepted as a fellow noble in the ranks. He couldn’t have been more pleased—and neither could his family. In a rare act of kindness, his mother even had a special sword commissioned for him, to commemorate the event. The sword was a katana, encrusted with a fine jewel in the pommel, and crafted to perfection. Vasael had never seen a sword like it, and in awe, accepted it…he uses it to this day, but without any love of his mother in his heart. One kind act does not make for a lifetime of cruelty.

Yet it seems that fate is not without a sense of irony.

Just a year after his acceptance, Ki’trisi’ana met her end. She watched him like a hawk after he had been accepted, but it seemed that such devotion kept her eyes from the goings on around herself. Kyorl’Solenurn worms (as Vasael would call them), struck her down as she and a small group of other Drow (mostly tainted ones, which was what attracted the Grey Skins in the first place…) were making their way back to the Val’Beldrobbaen fortress. Vasael wasn’t exactly saddened by the loss. However, the irony wasn’t finished. His eldest sister, Kae’tris’en, took over the reigns of his house. She proved even more cold-hearted and power-hungry than his mother…

But the world turns, and there is little one can do to stop it. From one mistress to another Vasael thusly passed, with the mums the word of objections. This sister treated him less favorably then his mother had, and certainly lacked the kindness of Naer’silin, but he readily threw himself into whatever tasks she gave him, though they were rarely anything spectacular.

He was tapped as an enforcer, an observer, and at times, a diplomat, though this latter bit was rare. He killed and had attempts made upon his life; he quickly learned the ways of caution, as the life of a noble opened these unfortunate doors to him. Perhaps his greatest achievement was the outwitting and killing of an assassin who was making an attempt on his sister’s life. The devess begrudgingly thanked him, but it didn’t change anything. He was still dirt, and she, the person who tread upon him—neutral observers gave him more praise than she did.

But Vasael pays little attention to this though, for the most part content simply to go about his duties as a loyal member of the Val’Beldrobbaen clan. He’s gathered friends since his anti-social youth, though they may be few, and he guards them jealously, whilst leaning on them to distract him from the political and familial drama that always threatens to consume. He tends to be fairly open-minded with his company, but he seems to harbor a specific resentment towards the Kyorl’Solenurn and, in fact, all grey skins. This does not stem, as it might seem, from their murder of his mother—he didn’t like her either, for obvious reasons. It is a trait about him that stems from his sister, Naer’silin. She was the only one in his household that ever showed him a shred of kindness, though she was tainted…and by their very creed, the Kyorl’Solenurn would be bound to destroy her. That fact puts them much at odds, and he makes no qualms about showing it.

But, above all other important traits about him, he is still young, and though he has learned much over time, there is still much more for him to learn. The world turns, and so his life goes on…

Description:
Vasael has short, straight white hair, with tips dyed as black as pitch. He also has silverish-colored eyes, which are perhaps the most mysterious and mesmerizing part about him. On his back is a relatively large tattoo of a spider—a sign of his devotion to both his clan and to Sharess. He is a handsome man by most standards—as of yet untouched by the horrid luck the Val’Beldrobbaen seem cursed with. He stands at about 5’6” and 119 lbs.

As for his day-to-day appearance, he generally wears some spider-silk sets of clothing (often robes), and his black spider-silk cloak for traveling. The cloak has a hood, but it’s usually kept lowered. A pair of leather boots usually completes his outfit. He never goes anywhere without his katana. He dons his armor for excursions beyond the confines of his home.

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time

*Edited once for minor spelling errors noticed upon review.
Last edited by Vasael on Fri May 16, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasael
Summoner

Postby Karel » Fri May 16, 2008 3:54 am

Personal Information
Kel'Risto Illhar'dro
A Drowoloth male of 30 years old. He has a physical appearance of 15.
Equipment
Typically multiple articles of clothing litter his traveling gears. Ribbons, cuffs, jewelry of may kinds, as well as grooming and cleaning tools. Silver being the most prominent color within his rotation, His clothing he wears consistantly revolves around platinium accessories. On an average day one can find this one wearing a spidersilk band around his head with a platinium stone perfectly handcrafted into the headress, complimented by his earrings which dislplay the house coat of arms. Embroiled upon his normal matching and comfortable spidersilk shoes and slippers are deep blues and golds that coordinate with his pearl white silk shirt and pants. A gray belt holds together the loose fitting outfit and also provides 3 clips for bags to carry small items. In these bags he carries a plethora of ada, some healing salve and a strange salve that mimics mint, ink and a small scroll. Upon one of these clips he carries an light weight fan made of feathers of the Illhar'dro house bird with an odd runic message upon the handle. Another item of note is a 30 inch long blade at his hip, mixed with many materials, diamond seeming to be at the point of the blade. Clearly visible is a greyish jewel(magic in relation to increasing speed) at the handle of the rapier-like weapon.
Abilities of note.
His abilities in magic are of Air Sorcery. A most fortunate ability that allowed him some aspect of worth in his clan's tradition in sound. Trained well in his ability as air is most abundant in any situation posed upon him, His focus at present seems to be to test his defenses of air sorcery against other magics. Aura Vision though not formally trained with Kel'Risto seems to be also well within his grasp
Starting City
The city he begins his story in the DTRP is Chel’el’sussoloth.
Clan and Background.
Kel'Risto is affiliated fully with the clan of the Illhar'dro. As drow nobility are concerned. He falls into a distant minor house of Illhar'dro's many seperate strongholds. His mother, Tess'Ann Illhar'dro, very adept in the mysterious and fabled spellsong. She found it distasteful when he could not grasp the projection of mana within his voice while his two sisters,Esteris and Wynona Illhar'dro, found their talents in the spell song easy. In his early years of his life, he did not seem to possess any ability in mana use besides normal raw and was instead to be sent to learn politics, though he seemed more interested in writing poems and songs for his sisters to sing. A free spirited boy but also very sarcastic and undisciplined and an unusual aversion to confrontation, He was sent to Orthorbbae at the age of 14 to gain a sense of focus. Instead he had already developed a few effeminant traits that caused a small amount of grief for the boy at first. In the classes of the enormous school known as Orthorbbae, He discovered that sound was not his true ability but air was in a session where flying based combat was introduced, and a sense of confidence grew within him as he now had something pleasing to inform his mother. He sent letters to his home immediately to inform her of his success and also the songs he would write to his sisters, in hopes of hearing them by the time he would get out. Basics classes of the first year finished, he would have to hear a horrible news returned to him as he began the next year. War had started with some clan, and rumor has it that his very own father had made choice to join it. Irate that his father might besmirch the name of his clan, He would vow to search for him as soon as he would leave the place.
His mother set his schooling classes to be toward politics, history, musical understanding, Wind instrument playing, and air sorcery, And his wish to surpass his fathers failings, not aware at all of how his mother felt about his doings or the aftermath and fate of his father's actions, fueld his desire to make success common in his studies. Curiosity consumed him for a bit of time though is letters met with apathy about his father from his mother. What he did tell him is her use of his air sorcery and that his younger sisters would be attending ever so soon as soon as she is aware of the effectiveness of the schools education system. A desire to wish his sisters well and perhaps find a well use for his own abilities, the next three years his talents grew as strongly as his passion for fashion and ire for his father grew even in ignorance of his fate or reasoning.
As his eighteenth year of his life passed, He graduated the academy of the rich and headed home, awaiting his carriage. His home undoubtbly was far, and a few days ride would definetely bring the unwanted dread of being in a bad smelling situation for the long rides withen the caverns toward Val'Raveran however two days within his ride, the servant he had ordered had stopped suddenly and fell to the ground. He looked outside the carriage to find his father standing outside the carriage, a smile on his face as he staired upon his offspring. Kel'Risto hesistated as his father proceeded to announce the sounds of what seemed to be summoning. Irritation and hate set into Kel'Risto face as what he thought was the remnant of a man man spoke near the final words of conjuration. He took his air sorcery and raised dust into the mans red eyes and mouth, temporarily allowing himself to mount one of the two Illhar'dro beast of burden that pulled the carriage and hightail it to safety. This meant going backwards to Chel’el’sussoloth and having to deal with finding a place to stay since the times of being sheltered were over.
Surely he could prove his self-reliance by not going to the clan for help. The mount he used, he learned to ride upon correctly incase he would need to ride again, and sent another letter to inform him that his father awaits him and probably his sisters with the intent to taint them, but he would be alright regardless. He learned the city and without much help he leared his ada would disappear quickly. In this he did two things, He sold the Illhar'dro bird to retain his lifstyle and bought for himself a slave that had quite a melodious voice. A small human child of 10 who had a very nice vocal range that would remind him of his sisters, but a most interesting thing about this one was it was blind. In the taverns the mortal did not seem shy at all to use its talents to sing. Little by little a bit of ada added up and the the months allowed this mortals talent to shine. Kel'Risto did not sit in the background and would write songs for her, saying them to her and asking her to sing it as best as she could. Hardly famous but enough noted to gain a bit of a fan base. They were able to eat with little starvation or shelter, though it was difficult in the begining.
Even still his attachment to his mother did not fail and letters were written to them by him. He did not understand the new flux of red eyed drow being accepted even if he knew the politics of it. He wrote this to his mother and she informed him of the war. he had reached 20 and became homesick..his servant was begining to grow a bit and soon he would venture home. This time he had walked and took strange paths to get there. The amusing child he brought with him grows a little bit taller than him and Kel'Rista finally gives his servant a name instead of song-girl. Emil. Reaching home was quite the warm welcome. Six years had passed instead of the four that he had ment to have. His sisters already went to the school that favored the drow. Kel'Risto would finally be able to win his mothers attention And even if it was for his Air Sorcery that he possessed, it was all he wanted.
Kel'Risto found that his mother was indeed pleased by his open mind in his choice of slaves though warned him to never forget his nobility. To show this he ordered that Emil put a choker upon her, and he would remove it when he deemed worthy. He began to train and show his talents at home under daily training. and found that he was rather quick, combining his sorcery for motion, it seemed to be very natural for him to develop and individual style. The rapier was his to command. And one was made for him with his abilities in mind. His mother though had warned him that he will need to protect his sisters and so defensive tactics were created and forged by his kid-tested, mother approved ability.
Relatively peaceful time allowed him to stregnthen his combat techniques, as well as his air motions. Probably the most peaceful four years of his life. He was sent to pick up his sisters and so did so on his own. During his way there, he heard a sound, not far off in a cavern, water being the most predominant noise. Twas deja vu. That unmistaken aura of his father and one of his sisters, the older one. Logic told him he couldnt win, but loyalty forced him to come out, His rapier and speed hoping to win the day. He heard the songs of his sister,Wynona, as he moved to charge his father and the next moment? Hes there alone, waking up to nothingness. Surely he blurred out of their vision with his speed and took them both out to obliteration? No, nothing but Wynona's fan was sitting on him with a note of "Wake up Kel'Rista, You're not ready"
He went to the city of Chel’el’sussoloth and found at least one of his sisters,Esteris, there at the school as promised. She told him there was a big ordeal and they had to leave the school a few days early. He told her what happened and he promised to get her home safely or he would never ever go home. Content with this, He told her to wait around and stay safe, while he went to gain an Illhar'dro mount. Costing much more now..He found out that it was worth not having to pay to learn how to ride one. And so purchased one with the right amount of coin and brought Esteris to come upon him. And her willing to come along, they rode near their home to find that his father had made an attempt to kill his mother with his demon summoning ability and even though he didnt succeed, she was tainted lightly. Estaris grew in shock and took to taking care of her. Kel'Risto feeling rather helpless made a vow to kill his father and his sister to save dignity of his mother. Tess'Ann granted it seeing as he survived twice and perhaps will do so a third time with succession. If he fails one more time he can be expected to return home. A few years have passed and he is still on the hunt....
Description and Appearance
As drow nobility, the silver spoon look upon him is not difficult to discern. Cleanly and hardly any stress marks upon his face gives him a soft apppeance. Weighing 87 pound and having a height of 4 feet and 5 inches, his short stature further florishes the his ability to appear athletic. His hair color is an oceanic blue and his hair color is tinged the same color of blue with the natural white. His hair falls down to his hair and equally softer than most women's hair. His eyes lightly furrowed in his mein gives him a look of a sense of purpose.
Kel'Risto being on a hunt, he is still a boy dealing with some of the stress of the incident of his clan. Irate when dealing with many of those who are tainted, natural distrust from his passed allowing him that. He uses Aura Vision to try to see a resemblance....training it in raw form. On any other note, he is an artist at heart. An open man who shares his talent with his trusty slave Elmi, who is his giant by a few inches. This Ill'hardro carries a soft gait, soft enough that one wonders if you could mearly blow at him to watch him float. His voice has a strange allure that makes it difficult to discern his intent though clearly it is vibrant of life and enthusiasm.

Im in the Eastern Time Zone. I believe that translates into -5 GMT?
Karel
Nether Spawn

Clan: Illhar'dro

Kalandrin Aleiryn Beldrobbaen

Postby Kalandrin » Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Name: Kalandrin Aleiryn Beldrobbaen
Race: Ne'kalsaider
Sex: Female
Equipment:
    On person: Flanged two-handed heavy mace; bastard sword; golem armour enhancements; armour and golem shield; one flask with water; pendant with an expensive gem; backpack; pouch with 100 ada.
    In her backpack: Portable weaving equipment, a few gems to be used as decorations in clothes woven, some unprocessed, ready-to-be-used spidersilk, black hair dyes, minor medical equipment (as in nest), one set of reinforced spidersilk clothes, minor armour and weapon maintaining tools (whetstones, etc.), flint and steel.
    In her nest: Weaving equipment and sets of unprocessed, ready-to-be-used spidersilk; colour and hair dyes of various colours; simple and reinforced spidersilk clothes; minor medical equipment (bandages, strong alcohol for preventing infection and treating wounds); a few gems used to decorate clothing; 2.200 ada.

(Clothing and armour is described in greater detail in the ‘Appearance’ section.)
Magic:
    Earth sorcery: Kalandrin, as a person, has a natural affinity for the sorcerous element of earth, which she has developed and learned to control over the years of her long life. She is capable of controlling her sorcery easily, result of many decades of practise as well as application, commonly using it in conjunction with basic mana mastery (mana arrows, shields, and the like) during combat (be it actual or practice.)
    Golem crafting: Recently, following the Nidraa'chal war and the crippling (for the Beldrobbaen) incident at the Orthorbbae which cost the clan an entire generation of noble females, Kalandrin has taken interest in golem-making, aiming to become a skilled golem-maker and find ways to reduce the vulnerability of golems even against nether summoning. She still has a long way to go before she can start any research, however, as she is still only capable of handling minor golems such as her weapon triggers and toys.
Beginning City: Chel'el'sussoloth
Background:
Kalandrin Aleiryn Beldrobbaen was born Kalandrin Fre'ana in the Drider Hive some 23 decades ago, making her a Ne'kalsaider – a natural, or 'civilised' drider.

Initially working with the Hive's Wu'suul (interior) market and later travelling with Do'suul (the exterior one) she spent a part of her life as a merchant before being enslaved, becoming a gladiator, and later freed and taken in as a warrior and non-noble by the Beldrobbaen clan, also utilising an exchange programme between the Clan and the Hive.

Kalandrin (often called 'Kalan' or 'Kal' by those close to her) was raised by Geld'yl Fre'ana, a sane Waelinder merchant living in the Hive and taught how to treat and utilise her silk to manufacture clothing and other items from an early age, along with self-defence using both her natural, as well as artificial weapons (notably the arming sword.)

Although Geld'yl was Kalandrin's foster mother, they always called each other 'sister' instead.

At an early age, Kalandrin showed she had a natural affinity and talent for earth sorcery, which she began developing with the assistance of her foster mother, who herself had attended the Orthorbbae and could provide her with assistance free of charge.

She also showed an affinity for music from an early age, and although she never got to learn how to play a musical instrument, Kalandrin was considered to have a beautiful voice suitable for singing, although she never quite got to develop it beyond basic, amateur stages.

At approximately the third decade of her life, Kalandrin was employed by Geld'yl in her shop at the Wu'suul Market of the Hive, beginning to attain practical experience as a merchant who sold clothing and light armours of various kinds, along with various imports from the outside world.

As business did not do well, however, due to the relatively low demand of spidersilk products in the Hive itself, Kalandrin and G'eldyl would be forced to move to the Do'suul less than a decade later.

With the Do'suul, Kalandrin attained her first experiences of the outside world, and also the races that inhabited, most notably the Duergar, the Drow, and the Xuile'solen. The hardy life at Do'suul made her considerably tougher (and one could argue more shut from non driders than expected) than she was at the Hive.

Ambushed by an organised and well-prepared team of bandits (probably mercenaries looking for a bonus payment, although Kalandrin never got to really know), the caravan Kalandrin followed took considerable financial and physical losses, including Kalandrin herself, when she was 55 years old.

Wounded, she was captured alive by the cunning leader of the drow team, and had her wounds treated before she was sold for a considerable sum of money as a gladiator slave to a tavern at Chel'el'sussoloth, where she would fight for the following twenty years. Although she was initially expected to die quickly, her sheer stubbornness and determination kept her alive, along with her hatred for her captors.

During her career as a gladiator, during which she fought under the name Phyr'shalee, Kalandrin forcibly further developed her combat skills and almost succumbed to the instincts that the never-ending bloodlust around her seemed to awaken. Especially in the later years she was slowly succumbing to madness, result of her social isolation and mistreatment.

One day, however, the combat-worthy Phyr'shalee attracted the attention of an attending noble, who purchased her. The noble, belonging to House Aleiryn of the Beldrobbaen clan, against the Ne'kalsaider's expectations offered her freedom in exchange for service in the House's drider cavalry units, for which it was notable. Choosing to grasp the opportunity, Kalandrin answered positively and followed.

In the majestic clan fortress of the Beldrobbaen, Kalandrin was positively surprised by what she found: it was a clan that adhered to religious beliefs not far from her own, and accepted driders openly, much unlike the entire city that was built underneath it. She also learned of an apparent cooperation, or 'exchange programme' between the Hive and the drow clan, and eagerly took part in it, joining a drider heavy cavalry unit under the Aleiryn.

In the coming years, Kalandrin almost exclusively developed her sorcery and combat skills (and continues doing so) and became a professional warrior. She has become accustomed in utilising her strength in the form of wearing full plate armour and using swords and heavy melee weapons like two-handed maces and polearms, although she would eventually drop the latter.

By her hundredth birthday, she had settled with an oversized two-handed flanged heavy mace as her primary weapon, and a hand-and-a-half longsword (also known as a “bastard sword” as it's both one- and two-handed) as her side-arm. These made her be assigned in a small shock cavalry unit, at which she has stayed ever since, in which she has so far attained the rank of sargeant.

Later, she would adopt a small set of golems that triggered armour-piercing blades designed to deliver venom to her foes' bloodstream, as well as a golem-triggered light shield. The former, which she has fully integrated in her combat style, she is particularly known for in her unit's ranks.

Other than being a warrior, however, Kalandrin continued practising her trade, weaving clothes and light armours of spidersilk for the clan, and particularly as undergarments for her unit's armours. Even today, manufacturing and selling such items is her chief source of income, and has made her fairly well-off compared to other non-nobles in the Beldrobbaen quarters.

She has taken part in various skirmishes, as well as the Nidraa'chal War, during which she was one of the Beldrobbaen soldiers protecting the clan's quarters in the city and assisted the evacuation of some nobles of the House from demon-infested sectors of the city during a part of it.

For her valour and services during that conflict, as well as her undeniable loyalty shown before and during the incident, Kalandrin was rewarded by being adopted by the House, something that strengthened her loyalty and adherence to Chel'el'sussoloth's black clan even further.

After the Nidraa'chal war, having attained very good control of her sorcery, Kalandrin began studying golem-making, feeling frustrated by the fact that such great machines were totally useless against the new form of summoning that was unveiled. She aspires to create golems immune to netherworld demons, although she still has a very long way to cover before she can even experiment; for now she needs to settle with small, simple golems like triggers and toys.

Following the “accident” that cost the lives of an entire generation of Beldrobbaen girls in the Orthorbbae, Kalandrin has become much more serious and worried, as well as more protective of her clan. She also stepped up her efforts to learn golem-making, finding that if she manages to make her dream come true, she will be potentially restoring the clan's military might to a considerable degree.

Recently, Kalandrin earned a leave following extended hard duty, which she uses to relax and prepare for future deeds, as well as find useful things to do for her clan.

She lives in a small artificial cavern opened in the cavern walls, which serves as an extension of the Beldrobbaen fortress. Until today she retains her links with the Hive and her sister Geld'yl, and whenever Do'suul visits the city, she is there to exchange news and trade.

Description:
    Height: 5 ft 2 in / 1 m 57 cm
    Width: 7 ft 5 in / 2 m 25 cm
    Weight: 187 lb / 85 kg; 264 lb / 120 kg in armour, shield, and weapons
    Eye Colour: Purple
    Hair Colour: Black
    Appearance:
    Kalandrin is a drider typically standing at 157 cm (5’2”) and stretching out to an average of 225 cm (7’5”). From past experiences, as well as the spider nature she possesses, Kalandrin’s lower (spider) body is close to the ground, not allowing large creatures like humans or drow to sneak under her and potentially cause her troubles. Kalandrin chooses reinforced and convenient black-coloured spidersilk clothing when it comes to not wear armour, these clothing once being her most commonly seen outfits up to recently. Her hair is kept of considerable length, always found in hairstyles that do not interfere with her sight – something important for a warrior, after all. Braids and ponytails are most common.

Kalandrin always carries with her a bastard sword able of both cutting and thrusting, with a circa 110 cm length, that is suitable for both one- and two-handed use. She also carries a flask with water and a couple of pouches with portable weaving equipment. Other weapons include her main melee weapon, a two-handed heavy flanged mace with a lengthened hilt and an oversized mace-head, and an armour-piercing stiletto dagger. Her clothing is always covering her entire torso and significant part of her spider cephalothorax and abdomen (including parts of her legs through the use of plate greaves), as well as her neck, with the colour always being that of her clan – shades of black, sometimes paired with dark blue for variety.

Kalandrin uses segmented, composite body armour enhanced with golems (described separately), composing of blackened tempered steel full plate and maille, and black-dyed reinforced spidersilk undergarments that offer her the best possible protection and functionality in the battlefield. Her helmet of choice is a standard Beldrobbaen drider helmet.

The maille Kalandrin wears is “2-to-4” type, meaning each two of the fine links is connected to four others, however strategic parts like the stomach and kidneys are protected with “2-to-8” type maille. Her plate armour also protects significant portions of her legs and important parts of her spider anatomy (making it truly “full plate” armour for her even if she is a drider), significantly enhancing the protection her modified chitin natural armour offers her, and thus her survivability.

Her armour is enhanced by golems in three distinctive parts: the helmet, the gauntlets, and the front four legs. The helmet is actually containing a pair of golems, allowing her to retract both her cheek guards backwards (and thus revealing her face, even allowing her to bite) and raising the rear part of her helmet to free her hair.

Her right gauntlet includes a small golem enabling her to use her 20 cm long stiletto as an armour-piercing punching dagger, while her front four legs' greaves incorporate golems with four armour-piercing short swords (about 60 cm long each) which she can use as support weapons in combat. All of these five hidden blades (the short swords and the dagger) are designed to deliver venom (which she “milks” from herself), contained in special vials within the golems controlling them, straight into her opponents' bloodstream.

Her left gauntlet includes a collapsible golem shield. Some 40 cm in diameter and made of blackened steel with the Beldrobbaen clan symbol on its outside, she can freely deploy or collapse it in battle, depending on her needs at the moment, preferring it over large, heavy shields that prevent her using from two-handed weapons.

Kalandrin’s sword scabbard is placed conveniently at her waist on a black reinforced leather belt, at an angle allowing quick and efficient drawing should she ever need to use it, while her heavy flanged mace, when not used, usually hangs from her right side, strapped carefully on her belt to allow quick use of it at any time.

Kalandrin’s armour, shield, and weapons alike are, in fact, a set, and other than her shield and the colours of her overall equipment, which is almost exclusively blackened steel or black leather (and cloth where applicable), she does not bear any distinctive Beldrobbaen symbols at all, partly owed to the fact she is not a proper noble but a ‘commoner in an elevated position’ instead. As a dedicated warrior, she favours high-quality, reliable equipment that can, however, be replaced easily and not very expensively in the event of damage.

Personality:
    Noone can deny that Kalandrin is a very eccentric person, with some obvious sadistic tendencies. She is a generally reclusive and trusts a few, with rumours of her being either insane or near that among some members of the Beldrobbaen Clan give and take non stop; though she never bothers to react or comment on it, as though she chooses to give fuel to those theories and perhaps even use them to her advantage, despite the troubles they have occasionally caused her.

Despite her solitude, Kalandrin is someone who will definitely come out and talk when it comes to matters of honour and loyalty, as well as occasionally attempt to expand her short list of acquaintances and friends through honest discussion and cooperation. When her clan needs her, she eagerly leaves the silent serenity of her quarters to serve it, often disregarding her own health when it comes to service – she is highly loyal and dedicated, very determined, as well as stubborn, often throwing herself directly into death’s grasp if it means scoring an important victory for her clan or fellow clan members.

As a person, Kalandrin appears to occasionally bully others and use various scare tactics to force those she can or needs to into submission; she can also be paranoid due to her racial status in a city generally hostile to her. She holds prejudice against the tainted and their clans (including the Sharen, a clan she once used to admire before its turn), she is generally focused in what is she doing, and highly patient, liking to neutrally observe and act at the right moment for her, much like the Beldrobbaen Clan does.

Likes: Silence, spiders and driders, music, chatting, weaving.
    Dislikes: Tainted, the Sharen and Vloz'ress clans, being called a bug or an insect, anti-drider prejudice and racism, snoring.
Edits history: (All times are GMT +2)
  • Fri 30 May 2008, 1.40 am: Deducted 200 ada from Kalandrin's pouch, added them to her savings at her nest.
Last edited by Kalandrin on Thu May 29, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Maria » Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 am

Name: Maria Val'Sarghress
Race: Drowussu
Equipment: Uses a one-handed Viking sword (37 inches long, around 1.1kg in weight), and a Norman kite shield.
Magic: Basic fire control.
Clan: Val'Sarghress

Background:
Being born into a middle-class family of the Val'Kyorl'solenurn clan, Maria led a fairly ordinary life, devoid of any drama or much tragedy.
As a child Maria had an obvious thirst for knowledge and an eagerness for praise. Because of this her relationship with her siblings was rather tense, as all of them
wanted their mothers approval. This often led to great conflict between them, although Maria kept a very close relationship with her brother, the youngest and the most emotionally fragile of the children.

Like most drow children, Maria went through rigorous training to become a warden of her clan. After her initial graduation from Orthorbbae, Maria obtained her goal and joined a number of other wardens and templars on her first "expedition" to rid the underworld of the tainted. Her life took an unexpected turn when she witnessed her allies’ turn on one of their own just because they became possessed by a demon.

Even though she harbored a dislike of the tainted, there was no reason to kill those who have done no harm.

As the years passed, Maria became more and more appalled by her own kind. The great religion she once used to enforce and admire was now nothing more than an insane group of religious fanatics to her eyes. Eventually she abandoned her clan, and began a search for a new one.

It wasn't long before she joined the Val'Sarghress, and her new training began.

Now a proud Highland Raider, Maria has accepted the Val'Sarghress as her new family.

Description;
Hair Dye: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5 foot 9
General Attire:
-Red tunic with elbow length sleeves and the Val'Sarghress symbol below the chest
-Black tights
-Knee-high leather boots
-Plain white long sleeved tunic, underneath the red one, for extra warmth
-Black leather belt
Armor:
-Form-fitting plate armor used by the Highland Raiders

Other Equipment:
-Roller bandages for wounds, alcohol (mainly used to clean and prevent a wound from getting infected), a water skin, a loaf of bread, some mushrooms, a logbook to keep track of her travels and a backpack.

Appearance:
European features, with a tall and slender body. She has straight, medium length hair coming down to below her shoulder blades.

Personality:
Being a very open minded and intelligent woman, Maria makes a witty conversationalist and a reliable comrade. She is well known for her patience and her willingness to risk her life for her ideals. Though she has an optimistic personality, Maria is not easy to fool or manipulate. The negative aspects of her personality include a fiery temper and sarcasm.

(GMT -8:00) Pacific Time
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Thalar » Tue May 20, 2008 11:16 am

Cira:

There are no such things as heat charged gems. Gems cannot (from what we know) be infused with elements, only mana.
You can also only have one sorcery. Illusions are mainly the purview of light sorcery, but as Naal'suul has so aptly demonstrated, shadow sorcery can be used for it as well.
Also, since he is a scourge he has likely not gotten any knowledge at all about demonic summoning yet, thus there's no need to put it into the Magic field.

At 35 your character, in drow terms, is still basically a kid. He's of age to start proving himself in society, but not much more. I will allow this age for this character as long as you understand he has a lot to prove.

As for the rest, it's pretty good :) Repost your background with the required change (choose one sorcery).

Refused.

---

Vasael:

I'd like to remind you of the same thing as I said to Cira, about your character's age. 39 is still pretty young, but you can get away with a little more since you're almost 40.
Your magic field is incredibly vague. You have to pick one mana art, and one only. By the sound of it, you should put "Shadow sorcery" in this field.

The Beldrobbaen are not a Vel clan and generally don't approve of tainted - you saw what the Ilharess did to the slaves because one tainted slave tried to kill a member of the clan in the Prologue.. So i'm afraid your sister can't be tainted. Also, I suggest you make her at least a century older, and working as a teacher at the school, rather than being a student. If she were a student, she would have been killed in the demonic massacre which left only Naal'suul alive - and barely, at that.

The group of tainted Vasael's mother was with could've been friends of her, but not clan members. It'd easily mark her as Corrupted to the Kyorl'solenurn, and some kyorls kill corrupted as well as the tainted. But from my understanding the only tainted Beldrobbaen is Naal'suul. (This does conflict with the original thoughts of how the clan works here on the forums, but we can only deal with new information as we are given it.)

All born members of the Beldrobbaen are Val, so technically Vasael's mother has at least some weight in the political struggles within the clan. Being a de'vess of a subhouse puts one pretty much right below the Ilharess, but since there are many subhouses and many de'vesses she could be quite far from the top ranked de'vess.

All in all, nicely done, just a few adjustments required. Please repost with the changes made :)

Refused.

---

Karel:

I'd like a value for the amount of ada he carries. (Suggest around 200, it's quite a decent sum, and ada weighs a lot)
Also it would be better to avoid using words like strange and odd while describing one's items, but I'm not gonna refuse you because you do. But it's better to say what actually makes them strange or odd, instead of just saying that they are.

Like I've said to others, you can't store spells in a gem, from what we know of the worldsetting that just doesn't work. You can only store mana in gems. Or souls in soulmir, but that's a special case, and since your character isn't a summoner you don't have to worry about soulmir.

At 30 you are still a kid by drow standards, albeit one which can finally start to prove himself in society. At 30 you're only the mental equivalent of 17 years by human standards, as well.

As for school. Noble or wealthy children start studying at Orthorbbae when they are 10, and they finish their studies when they are 30. So your character cannot finish school at 18, he's barely just begun.

Since he is an Illhar'dro, he could simply approach the clan's fortress in Chel'el'Sussoloth to gain a place to stay. Since he's only 18 at this point (physically 9, mentally 11) you can't simply expect him to survive in the streets of the great city, nor would his mother or his clanmates expect it from him. He's still just a child at this point.

If you change it so he is 30 when he leaves the school, then it is much more probable that he can do what you've described.
Also, you cannot have a slave who follows you unless that slave is played by another player.

All in all, you have a good skeleton of a story, you just need to move things around and make your character older so it actually makes sense that he survives these things and then makes it his life's task to kill his errant father and sister.
I also suggest you put your text into paragraphs, so it is easier to read.

If you have any questions, ask me in the Newbie School thread. Repost your background with the required changes made and I'll reevaluate it. :)

Refused.

---

Kalandrin:

Thorough and well-written. Well done. :) I'd prefer it if her personality showed up in the backstory instead of being included as a separate part but that has no bearing on whether you get to play or not.

Approved.

---

Maria Val'Sarghress:

Renegade drowussu are extremely rare. But I'll get to that in a bit.

As a Warden, you are completely immersed into the drowussu religious views. A tainted person is simply a shell harboring a demon which will eventually consume what is left of the tainted person, and then another abomination will be loose upon the world. A tainted person, by definition, is already dead. The best way to ease their suffering is to kill them, and this is especially important since killing tainted means killing their seed as well.

Possession is not temporary. Possession is when a demon consumes the entirety of a fae's aura, which means it kills that particular fae, and then takes over the body.

Tainting is a demon laying a seed inside someone's aura. This seed then feeds on the person's aura until it has consumed all of it, which means it's killed that person, and then it takes over the body. Sealing armor can halt the seed's progress, and if it is a weak seed a strong personality can keep it at bay. But the eventual consumption of the aura by the seed is inevitable. Resisting it only prolongs the process and delays what will eventually come to pass.

So if one of your teammates got tainted, you'd kill her to relieve her of the misery she'd face, not to mention the shame, loss of honor, and the inability to function or even be allowed existence in drowussu society. She'd be hunted like a wild beast, never allowed rest, until they caught her and did what you should have done. You'd kill her not out of cruelty, but out of love, because it would be preferable to the alternative - which is a slow death, slow and inevitable, and which leads to the birth of yet another demon into this world. You'd kill her to avoid that, more than anything. The very thought that your friend's body would be inhabited by a demon, is too terrible to consider. In most cases, with only a very few exceptions (like Tir'ade), your friend would accept her death by your hand, because she has the same view of this as you do.

You say in your background that one of your teammates was possessed. This means the demon consumed all of her aura and took over her body. This means that the demon killed her, before your teammates killed the demon. Thus they have not killed someone free of guilt, they have killed an abomination upon this world.

Killing tainted is your sacred duty as a Warden, so you're not allowed to claim they have done no harm. While the tainted person herself may be blameless for her condition, the seed within her is not. And there is only one cure for tainting; death.
If you don't view all tainted as evil, you must still see the nature of their condition. They carry the seed of a demon, and that seed will soon become a full demon, and the person will be dead. Not to mention all the others who will die if you allow this demon to be born.

If you've ever seen the Alien movies, think of a tainted as a person who has been "hugged" by a facehugger. You know an Alien is gonna burst out of their chest pretty soon, you just don't know when. And the best way to stop this from happening, is to kill the person, thus killing the Alien before it can be born.

Now, my initial point was that renegade drowussu are extremely rare. This is particularily because they are united in their purpose, even though there are multiple versions of just how that purpose is defined and how you are supposed to live up to it. The core principles are the same. Purity is important, and the faith in Sharess as well. You are indoctrinated from the moment your mind is open to it, regardless of what part of drowussu society you come from. When you are raised to be a warden, a templar, an inquisitor or a holy lance, you aren't simply trained in combat and magic, you are trained to kill tainted.
Even the commoners, those who serve as crusaders when they are needed, believe that the tainted must die.

Of course, the drowussu mourn their dead, regardless of how they died. But killing tainted is what the clan does. It would not be shocking in the least, to your character, to see someone killed because they became tainted in combat. It might shock you if your comrade became possessed, but only in the sense that you didn't think a demon could overpower a zealous drowussu so completely as to consume her and take over her body.

Also, since renegade drowussu are extremely rare, they are not currently allowed in the DT rpg. But even if they were, I'd not let you through without giving me a reason for leaving the Kyorl'solenurn which actually made sense.

If you have questions, or need new ideas, please post in the Newbie School thread.

Refused.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Vasael » Wed May 21, 2008 1:25 am

Name: Vasael Xinserai Val’Beldrobbaen

Equipment:
A long katana housed in a plain, hardened, black leather sheath. Also keeps several throwing daggers on hand for tight situations—usually slipped in additional sheaths on his legs or belt, or in his boots when the situation calls for it. Generally also has a dirk on hand as well, for use as a secondary/emergency weapon should the need arise. A short bow and quiver occasionally accompany him—usually when out on missions, and not on casual trips into the city.

Usually, he keeps a small bit of coin on him at all times for his trips about the city. He has a hooded black cloak for traveling and when not on duty he usually just keeps to spider-silk clothing. Around home, he prefers the relaxing feel of robes, but otherwise, he keeps to a suit of black, light, but hardened armor, for mobility. Usually keeps a journal and pen with him at most times and places, so that he can quickly make notes of anything that catch his eye, and so that he can jot down any ideas that might strike him throughout the day. Some other random bits that usually grace his personage include: spider silk rope, a small whetstone, and a ring engraved with the symbolic Beldrobbaen spider.

Magic: Possesses basic aptitude in shadow sorcery, and a great deal of further potential.

Clan: Val’Beldrobbaen

Background:
Vasael was born into the Xinserai family, a sub-house of lesser nobility in the Val’Beldrobbaen clan. Two brothers had preceded him, as well as three sisters. His mother was a conniving, power-starved witch that would have fit quite well into the political nightmare of the Vel’Sharen. Unfortunately, fate seemed to flex a sense of humor, sticking her to the ranks of the dying, rather than those of the regal and powerful. Nevertheless, she did everything she could to gain prestige, both within the clan and abroad. Even when the great tragedy struck the Val’Beldrobbaen, in which so many of their daughters were lost or tainted, she merely saw it as an opportunity to capitalize on. She figured with less competition in the clan, she could make large strides in the stature of her own house.

She was wrong.

As for Vasael, he was a strange boy. In his youth, he always took quite affectionately to the spiders his clan so obsesses over. A great deal of his time was spent with those in his family’s possession—down in the nesting grounds, watching them, playing with them, and using them to hide from his brothers. There he flourished; isolated, playing with the shadows and the creatures it bred. His keen connection to one spider in particular—a spider named “Tsukiko”—was noted by many who cared to look, and it would eventually become his dear companion. He was happily ignored for the most part…but all good things must come to an end.

With one daughter dead due to certain incidents in the Nidraachal War and two ugly little brutes for elder sons, Vasael’s mother grew noticeably colder to the world. She assigned his brothers to train him when they’d the time, hoping her youngest son could grow, where his brothers would find only failure. They beat and abused Vasael every day, but his mother didn’t care. Just so long as her “little runt” didn’t die, she was fine with it. Isolation became a rarity for him. His brothers called him weak, called him stupid and useless…said he’d never amount to a thing, and he would bring only further disgrace to the clan. They too, were wrong.

For hours at a time Vasael studied under his brothers’ tutelage. They trained him in an assortment of weapons, but he quickly took to the sword. However, sorcery was wholly shunned, and its use met with violent beatings; this transpired, of course, because the brothers themselves had little to no magical talent whatsoever. One had difficulty halting the truly determined, though—what magic he learned came from the limited number of books he managed to smuggle into his presence—and the limited amount of information he could glean from them on his own—from wherever he could garner them. He was a little pickpocket with good intentions…mostly.

Nevertheless, his training thusly began to focus on swordplay, and, despite what his brothers may have said to his face, he was a quick learner. Yet, despite his burgeoning skill, his brothers seemed to be breaking his will to pieces. His training floundered, and though he had grown adept with swordplay, his skills began to stalemate. Whether he could learn little more from his idiot brothers, or he simply grew so frustrated that he ceased to try, it happened all the same. Yet, he still had a surprise in him that would keep him on the path of success, and get his brothers out of his hair for good…

There is an old saying: “What goes around, comes around.” He was a firm believer.

All of a sudden the tables turned. One of his brothers berated and struck him in one of the corridors of the Val’Beldrobbaen fortress. When the boy’s spider, Tsukiko, attempted to help him, the ignorant brother drew back, and gave it a swift kick, hurling it back. He pushed his little brother too far…Vasael snapped. They trained and they left—the brothers, not Vasael. He waited. He tended to Tsukiko, then crept from his room and set about a trap, waiting for his brothers to return. When they did, it sprung, and the one who beat him found himself in a situation far beyond his control.

What few lights graced the hall went utterly dead on their approach. Suddenly the shadows themselves were coiling about their arms and feet. One broke free, the other did not. The shadows lent echoes of chittering spiders. The one drew his sword—but Vasael struck at the other one. The shadows used to cover the youth faded away and he leapt out, dagger in hand.

With a howl he was upon him, beating and stabbing at him—until his mother’s guards pulled him off with great effort. The brothers retaliated and tried to kill him, but Ki’trisi’ana—his mother—looked differently upon him then. As his brothers were sent back to their dead-end work as guards for the dying clan, she set about finding him a more well-suited teacher. He’d showed spirit—it was better than anything she’d received from those cretins.

Naer’silin, the younger of his two surviving sisters, was chosen for the task. Vasael’s mother never had much respect or care for her, and she thought that while helping Vasael, it would also be a punishment to her. She couldn’t have been further from the truth. Naer’silin was recalled from her position at the school to train him, and she was just as pleased by the event as he. She was as kind as any Drow he’d ever met, and in his opinion, likely ever would. She treated him far kinder than any who’d come before her. She enjoyed training him, and took pleasure in watching him succeed, and at the same time made Vasael actually *want* to learn. Of course, another factor in their great relationship was probably that Naer’silin hated Vasael’s mother just about as much as he did.

For long hours at a time, Vasael studied dutifully under his sister, beginning finally to learn more than just the art of the sword. They chatted about his attempt on theirs brothers’ lives; she laughed, but took note of what it meant. Naer’silin opened his mind to the world of magic, greatly expanding upon what little trinkets he’d taken away from his readings, and he quickly took to wielding magic of the shadows. His sister saw a great deal of promise in him, and, not wishing him to tire of such things, took to rewarding him for a job well done. This usually would consist of a trip out and about the city, away from the compound he had been so long confined to.

She would take him shopping and show him off to some of her fellow Val’Beldrobbaen and peers, that he might also become more accustomed to society and social situations. It simply wouldn’t do to have an anti-social little brat. She was the first to teach him that how one leant themselves to others was just as important as any skill in battle. He could learn to disarm long before blades would ever need to be drawn, destroy before any blood might need to be shed. It was a strange lesson for him, but she comforted him with the knowledge that it was a lesson his brothers had never learned. Another manner, she suggested, in which he was better than them.

During their time together, though, a question came to Vasael, and burdened him greatly. As he followed his sister, going into the city and seeing all those she knew and interacted with, he heard much talk of Orthorbbae and classes and students. None of this knowledge was particularly new to him, but the intensity to which the schools of the Drow were discussed, was. If it was so typical for the noble children to enter the school, why had he not been sent there? Why had he instead been subjected to the whims of his brothers…and then to the tutelage of Naer’silin? The questions plagued him.

When he finally asked his sister the reasoning behind his home schooling, he was not exactly satisfied with the response. His mother, she said, did not trust the Faerns, nor indeed the school as a whole…a feeling held before the great accident, and only further stressed with the conception of the Beldrobbaen's "great accident." The loss of so many of the Beldrobbaen's daughters to the accident simply solidified a great hate for any process of education beyond the reach of her own claws. It had been a struggle for Naer’silin to convince her to let her continue in her role at the school—it would’ve been impossible for a son to do the same. Naer’silin assured him, though, that she would do her best to keep him as prepared as any student of the Orthorbbae.

Around the age of 28, Ki’trisi’ana intruded on his training, seeking to borrow him for bits of time for other noble women’s beds. His youthful and vigorous nature, coupled with a handsome face made him coveted by several women, so his mother certainly wasn’t about to pass up the opportunity. It was just another attempt to gain some manner of prestige; diplomacy and politics at work. However, Naer’silin quickly stepped in and put a stop to it, demanding that he needed to focus on his studies. Their mother’s actions, she snarled, were deplorable. In a rare sight for the young boy’s eyes, his mother backed off.

By 29, however, his sister’s protection came to an end. The moment she declared him fit and ready to service their clan, was the moment he became fully subject to whatever dubious plans his mother had laid out for him.

Ki’trisi’ana quickly inspected him, and with glee declared that Naer’silin had done a fine job. Pleased with how he had turned out, she ‘rewarded’ her “dear daughter” by sending her back to her beloved school. Vasael’s sister was less than grateful with the offer, and let her final words to Vasael be a warning, telling him to keep one eye on his mother at all times, lest her foolish ways were to get him killed.

Offering him up to her superiors as a noble warrior, his mother was making her last ditch attempt to gain some manner of prestige for her house. He was just a male, but she still hoped he would do better than his ‘weak’ elder brothers, who’d ended up as little more than simple guards—pawns, and little else. She wanted someone that embodied strength; a protector, of sorts, of her precious bloodline. Vasael was fortunate. Despite his annoyance of a mother, he was a quick favorite among several of his superiors and fellow nobles. Driven by a fiery bit of determination, ever-concealing a calm and calculating personality—trained in sword and sorcery, and blessed with a handsome face, he was quickly accepted as a fellow noble in the ranks. He couldn’t have been more pleased—and neither could his family. In a rare act of kindness, his mother even had a special sword commissioned for him, to commemorate the event. The sword was a katana, encrusted with a fine jewel in the pommel, and crafted to perfection. Vasael had never seen a sword like it, and in awe, accepted it…he uses it to this day, but without any love of his mother in his heart. One kind act does not make for a lifetime of cruelty.

Yet it seems that fate is not without a sense of irony.

Just a year after his acceptance, Ki’trisi’ana met her end. She watched him like a hawk after he had been accepted, but it seemed that such devotion kept her eyes from the goings on around herself. Kyorl’Solenurn worms (as Vasael would call them), struck her down as she and a small group of other Drow (mostly tainted ones, which was what attracted the Grey Skins in the first place…) were making their way back to the Val’Beldrobbaen fortress. Vasael wasn’t exactly saddened by the loss. However, the irony wasn’t finished. His eldest sister, Kae’tris’en, took over the reigns of his house. She proved even more cold-hearted and power-hungry than his mother…

But the world turns, and there is little one can do to stop it. From one mistress to another Vasael thusly passed, with mums the word of objections. This sister treated him less favorably then his mother had, and certainly lacked the kindness of Naer’silin, but he readily threw himself into whatever tasks she gave him, though they were rarely anything spectacular.

He was tapped as an enforcer, an observer, and at times, a diplomat, though this latter bit was rare. He killed and had attempts made upon his life; he quickly learned the ways of caution, as the life of a noble opened these unfortunate doors to him. Perhaps his greatest achievement was the outwitting and killing of an assassin who was making an attempt on his sister’s life. The devess begrudgingly thanked him, but it didn’t change anything. He was still dirt, and she, the person who tread upon him—neutral observers gave him more praise than she did.

But Vasael pays little attention to this though, for the most part content simply to go about his duties as a loyal member of the Val’Beldrobbaen clan. He’s gathered friends since his anti-social youth, though they may be few, and he guards them jealously, whilst leaning on them to distract him from the political and familial drama that always threatens to consume. He tends to be fairly open-minded with his company, but he seems to harbor a specific resentment towards the Kyorl’Solenurn and, in fact, all grey skins. This does not stem, as it might seem, from their murder of his mother—he didn’t like her either, for obvious reasons. It is a trait about him that stems from his sister, Naer’silin.

It was she that taught him to wary of blind faith—a trait which the Kyorl’Solenurn sadly embodied. While faith, she taught him, was essential to life—faith in something, anything—blind faith was to be abhorred. Blind faith only led to great tragedy; fanatics of any breed were to be held at the length of a sword. People are, after all, supposed to believe what they do because they honestly believe it…not because someone else puts it forward as simple fact, or because the crowd is following the same path. It is this creed which put the boy and them much at odds, and he makes no qualms about showing it.

Of course, it doesn’t help that several of his friends from beyond the confines of his own clan happen to be tainted. Given where those friends would stand in the eyes of any eager Drowussu, it doesn’t exactly improve his patience with them.

But, above all other important traits about him, he is still young, and though he has learned much over time, there is still much more for him to learn. The world turns, and so his life goes on…

Description:
Vasael has short, straight white hair, with tips dyed as black as pitch. He also has silverish-colored eyes, which are perhaps the most mysterious and mesmerizing part about him. On his back is a relatively large tattoo of a spider—a sign of his devotion to both his clan and to Sharess. He is a handsome man by most standards—as of yet untouched by the horrid luck the Val’Beldrobbaen seem cursed with. He stands at about 5’6” and 119 lbs.

As for his day-to-day appearance, he generally wears some spider-silk sets of clothing (often robes), and his black spider-silk cloak for traveling. The cloak has a hood, but it’s usually kept lowered. A pair of leather boots usually completes his outfit. He never goes anywhere without his katana. He dons his armor for excursions beyond the confines of his home.

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time

(Alright, and that should fix just about everything you took issue with, Thalar. :P Also, just to address one of your first comments: thank you for allowing the age, and yes, I was aware of how young it made him. I want a young character, just entering those beloved throes of adulthood. Just wanted you to know that I do know well enough what I’m getting into. Additionally, I apologize for the taint issue. Momentary lapse in thought processes @_@.

I left the part about his mother quite the same, however, as it came out just as I intended. To address your concerns, don’t worry, the friends in question were not supposed to be clan members in the first place. A simple mistake on my part, by not clarifying. The point was indeed the one you made yourself: she, seen associating with the tainted, was taken as corrupted, and killed with as little discretion as her fellows. Undoubtedly a tremendous fight, but dead is dead regardless, in the end.)
Vasael
Summoner

Postby Cira » Wed May 21, 2008 2:50 am

Look out Chel'el'sussoloth here comes the new me :D

Since you informed me that gems cannot store heat/fire nor any other element I added a new feature to his gauntlets which should allow him to generate sparks.

As for the age things I tried to time it so that he is exiled a few years after she (his sister) graduates Orthorbbae so that she can still exist as a hostile character in his life. If she graduated and then failed the test that led to Endelions exile then she would not be a part of the Beldrobbaen massacre in Orthorbbae. The timing is based off of the theory that girls go to school for the same amount of time as boys (20 years) so if I am misinformed on that front then I have a little more tweaking to do.

Name: Endelion Ensambran Vloz’ress
Race: Drowolath (Male)
Equipment: Two identical single edged curved dirks, 38 cm blade 48 cm overall length. Also carries two throwing knives 8cm blade 14 cm overall, conceals these up his sleeve in ready throwing position. Typically he wears black breeches and a black shirt with a vest of the same color, generally an Armored spider silk vest if he’s anywhere but his private quarters. He wears a black cloak with a hood that extends to just below the kneecaps and of course the Vloz’ress scourge mask for public appearances. Black lizard skin boots and fingerless gloves of the same material provide comfort and protection, and to complete his wardrobe he always wears a small ruby earring charged with mana for his sorcery. If he feels he may be going into some heavy combat he places the throwing knives on his belt to make way for steel braces complete with overlapping metal gloves; the bracers have rubies with mana stored in them for fire sorcery and the glove fingers end in claws. The claws are only about as long as Ariel’s nails during her shape shift, but their true purpose is not to inflict physical harm but to aid Endelion’s Fire sorcery; the nails are tipped with a small amount of flint that generates sparks whenever he scratches a solid object such as stone, metal, etc. He also generally carries two or three small belt pouches in which he stores daily necessities like money, keystones, flint for fire, some sneezing powder (equivalent to pepper spray), and his overseer’s chore list.
Magic: He posses an affinity for fire sorcery and is quite adept in the art.
Beginning city: Chel’el’sussoloth.
Clan: Former Beldrobbaen currently serves Vloz’ress.
Background: The younger twin to a female Elendlari in a minor house of the Beldrobbaen clan Endelion was born in the shadow of his sister. Their mother was of course disappointed that she had not given birth to twin girls, and as such she made Endelion feel guilty of his gender. On top of that his sister was pampered as a child, not only for being female, and the eldest, but also for being the first daughter and child of their mother. Since a mother is expected to raise her first born she focused her attention on her daughter, Elandelion, and almost completely ignored Endelion.
Endelion learned to survive his first 10 years using cunning and trickery. He learned how to hide in the shadows and became as patient as a spider sitting in its web. His habits were like that of a shadow, he followed his sister and learned what she learned, surviving on the scraps she left behind, but remained almost completely obsolete. When his sister was presented to the Devesse of their house Endelion was brought along as well perhaps only so his mother could get permission to dispose of him.
It surprised everyone present that his knowledge of clan customs, politics, and history, matched and perhaps even rivaled that of his sister. Intrigued the Devesse of the house decided that Endelion would be trained as a Velg’larn, to eventually protect his oh so precious sister. So while Elandelion left for the Orthorbbae Crescent to become an Elendlari like their mother Endelion began his training in the ways of stealth and shadow.
His education as a Velg’larn enhanced what he had already begun to learn as a child, and he quickly became adept in the arts of stealth, poisons, and assassination. The only field he had some difficult with was mastering the use of shadow magic, though he had no difficulty with more mundane methods of stealth
The reason for his difficulties was discovered when they bothered to test for his magic affinity, and it came as a surprise that it differed from his bloodlines norm of shadow magic and was instead fire magic. The Devesse decided that his affinity could prove useful, after all if he ever got in a situation when stealth and his knives failed him he could fall back onto a powerful and destructive magic form. He showed much more progress in his training for this mana affinity than the shadow magic, and quickly became a capable combatant via his magic.
He was also trained to use various light weapons suitable for stealth and concealment, and among these he favored the dagger most of all. In close combat he wields his two dirks simultaneously and favors waiting for an opponent to overextend or reveal a weakness before counter attacking. While capable he is by no means a master knife fighter and he knows it, so he tries to kill from the shadows or a distance whenever possible.
Whenever his sister returned from the Crescent Endelion was assigned to follow her at all times, to protect her if necessary and become accustomed to his future role as her life guardian. Of course his sister began to take advantage of him and treated him as little more than a slave, ordering him on various trivial errands simply to amuse her or to reinforce her superiority. Her haughty attitude also began to get her in trouble with her peers, and they would often challenge her outside of school or send their vassals to put her in her place. She began to rely on Endelion completely to take care of these challenges, refusing to face them herself. This of course was a habit not appreciated by the Devesse, how was she to rise in power when one of her female vassals relied entirely on a mere male? It certainly didn’t endear Endelion to his sister and served to fuel his feelings of jealousy and contempt towards her.
Eventually the Devesse summoned Endelion and told him of a test she had arranged for his sister, one he was to tell no one about and he could not interfere in. So when his sister was challenged by a Velnari posing as a wandering mercenary Endelion remained in the shadows and watched. His sister was unaccustomed to a real fight and she quickly succumbed to the Velnari’s summons and was tainted, proving beyond doubt her failure. When the two returned to the fortress their mother not knowing of the Devesse orders blamed Endelion and disowned him for “failing” in his duty. Used, abused, and discarded by the females of his clan Endelion fled into the city.
Abandoned by the ones he had always attempted to serve Endelion made a vow, to learn the arts and powers that had so long been denied him because of his gender and eventually use those powers to tear down the females from their positions of power. Thinking of only one place that would take in a renegade and possibly teach him summoning despite his gender Endelion fled to the Vloz’ress fortress.
For the last year and a half (His was exiled shortly before the incident with the Beldrobbaen massacre in the school) he has been garroting, backstabbing, and maneuvering his way up the power chain in the Vloz’ress clan and has finally secured a relatively trivial but somewhat secure position as a Scourge in the clan. He is important enough to merit his own room (little more than a cell but he at least has a nice strong door in between him and the demons) but has not yet achieved sufficient status to be trained in demonic summoning. His duties fluctuate from errand boy, to guard, to stealthy killer, the later being his preferred profession.
Description:
Height: 5 foot 4 inches
Weight: 115
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Hair Color: Dyed black
Appearance: He could best be described as scruffy, living in a demonic fortress bath time kind of ranks low on the list of priorities. His hair remains died black, both for concealment and a lingering attachment to his former clan, and extends to about ear lobe length; hair is also often tussled in bed head style. Physically he appears rather thin and gangly but it only serves to hide a capable physical form. Most of his weapons are concealed and you can only see the hilts of his dirks (he straps them behind his back Chirinide style) His mask has a spider web pattern across its face and the eyes resemble large crescents.
Personality: His demeanor is usually withdrawn and emotionless, he tries not to let others know what he’s thinking and to appear as inconspicuous as possible. Goes along with his philosophy of if you pretend not to be worth someone’s attention then they’ll generally ignore you. Despite his calm appearance he becomes really enthusiastic during action, running through a market place dodging Kyorl templars is great fun for him, and he has been accused of enjoying his job a little too much. He has feelings of resentment and maybe even hate towards females but is willing to push his feelings aside for the sake of his plans to learn summoning.

Time Zone: Pacific standard time.
Last edited by Cira on Mon May 26, 2008 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cira
Nether Seed

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thalar » Fri May 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Vasael:

Well done :) Welcome to the DT rpg!

Approved.

---

Cira:

One quick thing, and this you can just edit in. Remove the "Vel" from Vel'Vloz'ress. There's only one person in the clan who qualifies for the "Vel" part, and that's Kiel'ndia. :)
There was one thing I forgot in my previous review, and that was your choice of words regarding the woman who provided the test for Endelion's sister.
"So when his sister was challenged by a Velnari from their clan"

As far as we know there are no Velnari in the clan, so please take out the "from their clan" part, that will suffice.

These two small changes you may edit into your posted background, and then you will be able to play. Welcome to the DT rpg :)

Approved, provided you make the changes I requested. :)
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Postby Maria » Fri May 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Character Sheet;

Name: Maria Kyorl’solenurn
Race: Drowussu
Equipment: Uses a one-handed Viking sword (37 inches long, around 1.1kg in weight), and a Norman kite shield.
Magic: Fire sorcery
Clan: Val'Kyorl’solenurn

Background:
Being born into a middle-class family, of wardens, in the Val'Kyorl'solenurn clan, Maria led a fairly ordinary life, devoid of any drama or much tragedy.
As a child Maria had an obvious thirst for knowledge and an eagerness for praise. Because of this her relationship with her siblings was rather tense, as all of them
wanted their mothers approval. This often led to great conflict between them, although Maria kept a very close relationship with her brother, the youngest and the most emotionally fragile of the children.

Through out her childhood. Maria was taught never to cry when faced with physical pain, or to give others the pleasure of knowing they’ve hurt her in any way. This was used by her mother on all her children, to build character and prepare them for life outside the clan walls. Her position as the eldest child, in a family of 3 children, meant she held the most responsibility and had to work harder to gain her mothers’ favor. She personally trained under the watchful eyes of her mother, until she was ready to further her training in the Drowussu school in Orthorbbae.

In the 20 years she spent completing her training, Maria learned how to master the element of fire with sorcery and advanced in her skills with the sword. She received the mandatory training all wardens get, against demonic possession. Their belief in Sharess was further promoted in every day classes. She excelled in many of her classes such as history. Her tuition in Orthorbbae now complete at the age of 30, Maria became a Warden, and continued her training with her mother and other high ranking Wardens to learn more complex skills and broaden her knowledge.

Ridding the underworld of the tainted has become the main purpose of her life, she detests the tainted and thinks of the Vel’Sharen as fools for using tainting as a vaccine against the demons. During the years that followed her graduation from Orthorbbae, Maria has felled many friends and foes who were consumed by the wretched demons. She believes Sharess sacrificed her self for to save their race from the nether demons, and does not want her sacrifice to have been in vain.

Description;
Hair Dye: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5 foot 9
General Attire:
-Purple tunic with elbow length sleeves
-Black tights
-Knee-high leather boots
-Plain white long sleeved tunic with a turtleneck, underneath the purple one, for extra warmth
-Breastplate armor with the sign of the “Order of the Sentinel Eye” on the chest.

Other Equipment:
-Roller bandages for wounds, alcohol (mainly used to clean and prevent a wound from getting infected), a water skin, a loaf of bread, some mushrooms, several gemstones (meant to seal demons and tainted mana), pouch with 91 ada, flint and steel, a logbook to keep track of her travels and a backpack.

Appearance:
European features, with a tall and slender body. She has straight, medium length hair coming down to below her shoulder blades. Has a forehead marking to show her status as a warden.

Personality:
Being a very open minded and intelligent woman, Maria makes a witty conversationalist and a reliable comrade. She is well known for her patience, willingness to risk her life for her ideals and sense of honor. Though she has an optimistic personality, Maria is not easy to fool or manipulate. The negative aspects of her personality include a fiery temper and sarcasm.

(GMT -8:00) Pacific Time
Last edited by Maria on Sat May 24, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Threads