Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Starlitdragon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:20 pm

Athaeyen sighed. "You will do, Ma. Stay nearby please.. I'm a little tired after all of this; we will be heading to the crossroads inside of a couple hours. I will alert everyone very soon. We have to leave sufficient time for late-joiners.. If there are to be any. Which I doubt." Athaeyen trailed off, absentmindedly fiddling with one of her charcoal tresses. "Impressive.." she muttered under her breath. "I couldn't be bothered to fight without my magic." Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the newly recruited alchemist and the merchant haggling. Drifting over, oblivious to those around her, she strained her ears to catch the threads of conversation. Haggling was always an interesting game to watch, even more to participate in. Besides, the male may need a few extra ada to finish the transaction...

((OOC: I'm making a 'Crossroads' thread tomorrow (Monday afternoon), or Tuesday. Everyone on the expedition is welcome to head off there (actually, its mandatory. :p). I'll then post a "Collect 'em all and head off to start our marvelous new quest" type message. This is just to give anyone else who wants to come a chance to join before we move on to the Cave of No Return, if you'll pardon my blatant rip-off))
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby HavocHamster » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:42 pm

The alchemist checked the pouch that Athaeyan had given him. It only contained 250 ada. "Hmm.. I will only take 1 quart then. I suppose I shall have to make due. I will give you 200 ada for the whole lot. How does that sound?"
HavocHamster
Demon

Postby Ravinous » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:58 pm

"Hmm, single quart is worth 200, but I guess I can work with that," he said, now handing over a single bottle of the dragon blood. " But do be careful with that stuff, it is rare and wasting it would not serve you good. Lets see... half pound of these, 3 of these, a pouch of volcanic ash..."

He holds out the supplies. "Now the 200 ada, and be quick about it, there is a match in the Black Dragon I wish to catch later."
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby HavocHamster » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:02 am

Yul examined the bag that the merchant had given him carefully to make sure he hadn't been cheated. "Everything seems to be here.. very well." The Alchemist said while handing the merchant a small pouch before turning to follow Athaeyan.
HavocHamster
Demon

Postby Ravinous » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:12 am

"Ah very good, and I bid you farewell," he said with a bow, checking the ada amount quickly, then sliping it into his ada bag at in his vest.

He kicked one pole of the banner, pulling on it, this thusly pulled the other poll to it, and then he wrapped the banner around the poles. After this he placed all the items into their proper places, put the cloak back on, and placed all the lose items into his pack.

After all was set, he put his hat on, his pack to his back, raised his cuff over his face, and wandered off to the Black Dragon...
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Onizuka » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:07 pm

((I feel the need to post, lest I be lost in the shuffle))

Why such a large party? And such various skill too? Something big is going on here, but what? There is something she is not telling us, and I will find out. I just need to bide my time. Shiv'arl looks over at the peddler closing up his shop. Bah, I didn't move fast enough. I was hoping to buy some healing potions of my own. I don't trust this Yul, he is far too nervous for my liking. Too late now I suppose.
Onizuka
Great Teacher

Postby Starlitdragon » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:40 pm

Athaeyen took a breath, and headed to the various members of the motley group she had assembled. Varied yes, but they would serve the purpose set upon her by the higher powers of her clan. Politely, she gave each of them directions to the meeting place, and stated very clearly the time the journey would begin. Having done that, she began to head off to the crossroads herself. As the brilliant light of Sussunul faded behind her, she breathed a side of relief. Athaeyen hated the sparkle and bustle of city life. The wild, where a drow could breath easily, beckoned to her.

"Meron!" she called carelessly over her shoulder to the dawdling guard. "Hurry now, I wish to be rid of this wretched city as soon as possible!"

((OOC: Headed off to the Crossroads thread, which can be accessed here. See you all there!))
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Onizuka » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:07 am

Seeing his employer walk off, Shiv'arl quickly walked off to catch up.

((Moving to the Crossroad thread))
Onizuka
Great Teacher

Postby Maximillian Caine » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:21 am

Ma had the overwhelming feeling he was a Tikkitikki who had just been praised on his skill in fetching a minor toy. He followed distractedly in the wake of his new mistress.

((And here I jolly well come!))
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby shas-o » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:27 pm

Ashuran entered the large area where the pillar of light stood.
normally he would have prefered to avoid this place, as the inviting scenery had a way of magnifying the tired feeling in his body, tempting him to sit down and rest.
but the shop he was heading for was located here, and the only way to get there was past the pillar.
pushing his desire for rest and relaxation to the back of his mind, he walked past the pillar, heading towards a narrow alley at the opposite side of the leisure area.
the alley was unlit, with no doors or windows in the walls, except for a single iron door at the end.
above the door hung a large steel sign, bearing a single, flaming red rune.
Ashuran knew this rune, and knew it to be the family symbol of the blacksmith that owned this smithy, the symbol of generations of master craftsmen.
with a small smile on his lips, he opened the door and walked inside.

the inside of the smithy was far larger than one would think from the humble entrance, a large room lined with all manner of tools, weaponry and armour.
at the farthest away wall, the forge, anvill and other smithing equipment was, a tall, heavily muscled man working at the forge, thick beads of sweat running down his bare upper body, and soaking the upper part of his skin pants.
"it´s been a while, Duramar" Ashuran greeted the blacksmith.
shas-o
The slayer

Postby shas-o » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:06 pm

"just a moment" the smith replied, giving the piece he was working on a few more blows, then put it back into the fire.
he turned around, revealing a young, optimistic face sorrounded by a wild mane of medium length white hair with orange and red streaks.
he had a scar running down his left cheek, wich looked like it had been caused by burning, and his right ear was missing a small piece.
as he set his eyes on Ashuran, he lit up in a brilliant white smile.
"aaah, it´s you. yes, it´s been a while indeed, kid."
Ashuran would normally take offense at being called a kid, but Duramar was the closest thing to a friend that he ever had.
despite his youthfull appearance, Duramar was almost a century older than Ashuran, and his craftmanship was unparralled outside the smiths that served the nobles.
Ashuran had always held a great respect for his work, and the smiths social and friendly behaviour had slowly penetrated the wall Ashuran had build up around himself to avoid relationships with other people, not that he the proud mercenary would ever admit it.
"i´ve finished the piece you commisioned" the smith said, going to the back of the room where a small wooden cabinet stood, opened and pulled out a small box.
"here it is, i hope you like it."
he opened the box, revealing a set of gauntlets, raised lines running in interwining and crossing paterns across the metal, a single, large rune edged into the back of the gauntlets hands.
there was a short, raised area on the back of each of the gauntlets, starting right where the runes ended.
Ashuran knew that these raised squares contained a spring-mechanism, connected to a short dagger blade, wich could be made to spring out.
that way he would always have a weapon, even if he lost his sword.
the battle with the spider had reminded him how important this was, and he had decided to pick up the new gauntlets as soon as possible.
Ashuran took the gauntlets, inspecting them closely to make sure the designs were right, then pulled of his old gauntlets and donned the new ones.
"they fit perfectly. your work is flawless, as usual."
The smith smiled again at these words, running a hand through his hair, despite the sot marks on them.
"well, i do my best. anyway, i guess your not only here to pick them up, right?"
"no, i would like a new adition to my chestplate." Ashuran pointed to a bare spot on his chest plate, between a sword emblem and a semi-circle of 8 ruby splinters, resembling the eyes of a drider.
"sure, what´ll it be this time?" Duramar moved closer, taking a look at the spot that Ashuran had pointed out.
"it´s an easy spot, so it shouldn´t be too much work, it will probably take a couple of hours or so to get it all done."
Ashuran took of his cloak and loosened the straps that held his armour in place, pulling it of along with the padding, and leaving him standing in a black tunic and trousers.
"i want a black spider symbol, with a sword through the middle, and a dropshaped emerald at the mouth."
he arranged the rest of the armour on one of the stands in the smithy, then handed Duramar the chestplate.
"really, so you´ve been fighting spiders? never mind, it´s not my business. anyway, i suggest you go and get some rest while i fix this, you look like you could use it."
he took the chestplate, taking a look of it as a whole.
"hmm...i´ll fix this scorch mark up for you while im at it, shouldn´t take much longer. i know your looking for work, so i´ll take your old gauntlets as payment."
Ashuran picked up his old gauntlets and handed them to Duramar.
"sure, i wouldn´t need them anymore anyway. i´ll see you then."
he turned around and walked out the door, pulling his now far more loose fitting cloak around him.
shas-o
The slayer

Postby HolyGuard » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:38 am

Akayra, upon entering the area surrounding the pillar of light, noticed how nice and peaceful this place was compared to the rest of the world. He had come from the black dragon tavern and was looking for a companion. Hoping that someone would notice him he walked out into a wide open space and sat down. But he found this so relaxing he had been drowsing on and off, when he realized this he went on a search for a giant mushroom to lean against so he could rest.

After quite a few hours of searching he found one just right for him, so he sat down and drifted off into sleep. But he started to have a dream, it wasnt a good dream either. It was a nightmare about his younger days and how he had suffered. But something awoke him, startling him awake a little tiktikki was nuzzling against his leg. Akayra wasnt sure where the little fellow had come from or how long he had been there but he decided that he was going to adopt it. But wait he had to have a name for the little guy before he adopted it. When he was looking over the little tiktikki he saw a strange pattern on its back... It almost looked like a spider spinning a web! Then another thing hit him, what if the tiktikki didnt want to go with him? After quite a few minutes of thinking about what he should do he came to the conclusion that he would come everyday possible to visit the little fellow until maybe just maybe someday he would want to leave with Akayra. But he decided that he must be going for the day. It was getting dark and he needed to head back the black dragon tavern to rent a room for the night. Although he was a member in the the beldrobbaen house that he would spend a week or two out in the city before returning to the clan hall. Before he left he went up and patted the little nameless tiktikki that he was going to try to befriend. And then he started off down the street headed back towards the black dragon tavern.

((OOC: I need to get a name for the tiktikki if you have any suggestions please pm me! thx))
HolyGuard
Tainted

Location: *sees a map* U R HERE!....thats where i am guys *points*

Postby Meska369 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:15 am

A few hours before the Strange traveler have entered the Black Dragon Inn, there were two figures wraped in an embrace in a nice room in one of the Inns surrounding the Pillar of Light.

One of the forms dientangled itself from the other and slipped out of the sheets, to head to the wash bassen. A splash of water on the face followed by a relaxed sigh as the cold water revived the senses. a pair of miss-matches eyes stare at thier reflection in the basen's mirror as a wry grin froms. The sleeping forms lets out a soft moan as she turns over to hug a pillow in her sleep while the standing form watches.

The person turns and goes to where clothing has been folded neatly and begins to pull them on as a black widow spiderling crawls out from under the hood of the cloak that has not yet been put on. This draws another grin and a friendly pat from the form. Finnaly, the Cloak is fasionened around the shoulders and the spider quickly crawls up the arm and into the hood as it is brough over the strangers features. Quiet steps toward the door, only pausing on the way out to set a bag that jingles slightly on a stand before leaving and closing the door.

A short clean hallway and pair of stairs lead down to teh main floor and the clerk of the Inn. The hooded figure moves in front of the clerk and his desk, and towers over the young man as he smiles with fake intent.

Clerk, "How was your room? Was the slave to your liking? Jel'ri does have some wonder full skills, even for a pleasure slave. You two were in there long enough to.." His sentance cut short because of a green gloved hand that was suddenly around his throat drawing him closer to the hood.

A toothy grin was seen in the depths as the spider came out and crawled apon the man as he held onto the arm to be able to breathe. The clerk shook with fear as the spider was inspecting his face. A low and raspy voice filled the man's ears. "Listen to me, you male.... The only differance between you and her besides your sex is that you have not been sold into slavery...yet..."

The man started sweating profusely... "I'm sorry, sir, I'm sorry..." came a squeeking reply.

The guest snorted out a laugh. "How much for the girl?"

The man looked confused for a moment but recovered enough to answer. "umm, she's our best pleasure slave...." The grip tightened on his throat.. "but...but..I'm willing to let her go for say ah....5000." squeeze, "I ..I mean 2000 ada?!" He tried to grinn as he contenued to protect his airway by hanging onto the arm.

"Fine. I own her now. Chii, back." The spider, withdrew back into the hood and the clerk was set back down behind the desk. A bag was then poured onto the wood and the stranger waited with crossed arms while the man counted out the ada and put the ramaining back into the bag and offered it back to his inn's guest.

Clerk, "um shall I get her for you, ah..sir?"

"No!" came the short retort. "Du'arte is my Clan's name. Just don't keep her from leaving when she comes down. I will be watching the inn. If she is not allowed to leave and go to the Val'sullissen'rune enclave the I will return here and make you wish you had never heard of me, M'eska Du'arte. You would pay with your own freedom. Do I make myself clear?" the voice was dangerous and hard.

The clerk nodded readaly and bowed himself before the noble. "Yes, I would never attempt to go against the orders of a Sullissen'rune noble. She will be allowed to leave. No problems at all."

M'eska turned and walked to the door as the cane thumped along the floor with every other stride. "Let us hope so for your sake, male..." Soon, the noble was gone and the clerk breathed a sigh of relief.

Upstairs, Jel'ri awoke to find her patron gone and a bag full of ada on the stand along with a note saying to go to the compound of the Val'sullissen'rune to start a new life. The drowolath woman could scarecly beleive the note as she quickly packed her few things into a small bag. She tried to sneek downstairs in case it was all an illusion, but she came face to face with Her'ne, the night clerk of this inn. He looked slightly shaken and stiffened when he saw her.

"Jel, you have been baught by a noble of the Val'sullissen'rune clan. You nolonger can stay here.. Leave." He was scared...she smirked and laughted at him for the first time.

"Did she scare you? Good. .." , she almost skipped as she left the hated building and set out for the beautiful luxury of the Sullissen'rune. At least there, she might be able to eat better.

M'eska watched the girl she had spent the night with leave and head the correct way with no one following and smiled. She had just held her as she cried and occationaly slept. The noble turned and walked along the foof tops following at a distance. After she made sure the girl was safe with her family, she would go to the Black Dragon Inn to see what was going on in the city. This was her life now, watching.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Meekachu » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:24 am

Moving slowly in deliberate steps her greenish yellow cat colored eyes roam over one of the numerous pathways and clearins decorated with stone benches, shape stones and shaded by archways and giant mushrooms. The young drowoath seemed to have no particular goal in mind, just moving.

Tynan's waist length silver intricately braided hair swung from side to side standing out brightly against the navy color of her fitted high neck blouse and sheer flair sleeved choli that knoted in the front just above her stomach. The hem of her navy skirt swirled around her ankles as she walks. Her skirt is made up of one and half circles, consisting of almost seven yards of fabric. Worn over the skirt is a sheer silver triangluar panel,as she steps glimpses of her tan sandal clad feet can be seen.

Every so often she walked she would catch the movement of a tiktikki. To Tynan the aura of the calm, quiet and relaxation that huabout the place, it bothered her. It bothered her because it was so unfamiliar and she wanted to horde it at the same time. She removed her satchel from her shoulder. Stepping slightly off the path Tynan sank to her knees, leaning foward she tucks her satchel beneath the bench. Shifting to rest on her weight on her hip instead of her leans she props herself up against the the stone bench folding her arms across the top and resting her head on her folded arms.

The restlessness she felt in the tavern was still there as well as her reasons for being there in the first place. I don't know where to go, she thought. I can't go back, they'll be waiting. I should have done something....

Tynan sat her thoughts in chaotic tumbling, standing up she slowly began to pace around the stone bench. Her silver head bowed she watched the hem of her navy skirts s they clung and then swirled away with her agitated movement. She wasn't sure what to do or even where to go. She stopped and smiled crookedly, she actually she had a good idea of where she did not want to go. If she did go back she had no idea of who would be waiting for her. None of the prospects were inviting, anyway it was sliced she would be punished. Sighing the young drowolath resumed her pacing.

She had met some rather interesting people but she really wasn's sure if any of them would be able or willing to help her. But before that could happen she had to figure out how to help herself. Stopping she sat down on the edge of the stone bench. Flipping her silver braid over shoulder her nimble fingers began to unbraid the cable of hair. Staring out at nothing in particular her greenish-yellow cat eyes were out of focus as she finger combed her hair and then rebraided it. Her mind worked to find the next step she needed to take.

She glance down in surprise at the sudden weight on her skirts to see a tiktikki roll/scuttle away. Freezing she and the small creature watched each other warily. After a few mintues of silence and a short staring contest Tynan reached out and slowly picked up the tiktikki and sat it in her lap. Sighing heavily she resumed her vague staring.
Words have power...
Meekachu
Summoner

Postby Ravinous » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:44 pm

With his return from the place of the greyskin zealots, Gion made his way past the pillar. Looking about he continued back to the corner and set up shop, laying his cloak and items out for anyone interested to see.

Out of his pocket he took a spidersilk bag of spicyspider leg meat he had salted and turned into a jerky. Chewing on one, he sat down, waiting for any interested buyers of alchemist medicine and tools.
Ravinous
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive