Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Ravinous » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:19 pm

"Yes," Gion said, looking at the supposed customer. "What can I interest you in my lady?"

Before on his cloak, it was layed with antidotes, healing saulves, poweders, herbs, mushrooms of a vast variety, copied alchemist medical scrolls, many arrow sets, an a beautifully carved ashwood bow, a few obsidian and iron daggers. The man gestured to these items as he spoke.

"Arrow sets are 2 Ada, Antidotes 5 ada, healing saulves 10 ada, herbs and mushrooms vary in price depending on type and quality. Anything else is to the reasonable haggle."
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby HavocHamster » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:27 pm

The Alchemist jumped flinched visibly in surprise when the other drow had spoke to him.

"Uh.. what the.. Oh! My lady!" Yul said formally while taking a bow. "H-how can I be of.. of assistance my lady?" The Alchemist inquired while trying to hide his bag but failing miserably.
HavocHamster
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:51 pm

((OOC: Ravinous, I will get to you as soon as I am finished with Havoc. Sorry about the wait! :())

"I will try and get to the point." smiled Athaeyen gently. "From the contents of your bag, I will make the assumption you are an alchemist. I will go even farther as to guess that because you're not behind some highly polished counter, you are in need of ada. I can give you the ada you need, in exchange for your.. Service. What say you?"

Athaeyen threw a filthy look at a shifty-eyed younger male coming too close to the pair. The rat-like male edged away, eyeing the alchemist's bag.

"If you're interested, I can offer you protection for the time being as well." she added.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby HavocHamster » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:08 pm

The alchemist bowed again.

"It would be an honour to serve you, My Lady. I am indeed an Alchemist who is in great need of money. What kind of job is this exactly?"
HavocHamster
Demon

Postby Ravinous » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:14 pm

((When you are a street merchant, patience is a virtue))

Gion merely sits and waits patiently for the customer.
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Starlitdragon » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:32 pm

"Have you heard of the recent drider killings? This mission is closely related to those rumours. A more detailed preview of our little journey will come when we are ready to depart. We will need antidotes, healing salves, and possibly some explosive chemicals in case we need to break through rock. Our mission will involve travelling to the cave network of the Beldrobbaen. Please forget the formalities. My name is Athaeyen. May I ask yours?" Athaeyen felt she was already becoming old hand at recruiting. Say, this 'socializing' isn't so hard after all. But ada sings sweetly to anyone. Can I really lead this many drow? Can I.. We.. Kill whatever is slaughtering the driders? What happens if we fail? What can we- a sudden tug on her charcoal cloak hauled Athaeyen from her thoughts. A teal tikitiki affectionately chewed the edge. Sighing, Athaeyen scooped it up and gently stroked its head as she listened to the alchemist's reply.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Kite » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:19 am

(The guard now comes with a name: Meron. :) Yes, feel free to play on that one. He is still an NPC.)

Had Meron not been so caught up in his own bitter thoughts, he would have missed the fact that someone was addressing him. The heavy set guard turned roughly on one foot to see who it was-- Ma.

"Hrrm?" Meron grunted, the growl in his breath expressing displeasure. "Do I look like a messanger, cur? If you be couragous you can approach her yourself." Athaeyen was some paces away, Meron pointing at her small figure. "...Otherwise your message ain't worth her listening to."

He put his hand up, rubbing the base of his helmet, grumbling. "Damn scum should know better than to sneak up on a guard. Mumble mumble..."

(Sorry for not responding earlier, Max. I got very, very busy. Though that isn't much of an excuse. :))
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Respect factor dropping...

Postby Maximillian Caine » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:22 am

Ma had been taught that the codes of politeness existed to stop one drow from burying his knife up to the hilt in the neck of another. Ma gained a new insight into this concept as the rude guardsmen addressed him. Well... hopefully the lady would be more accomodating....

And... the lady was talking. Ma waited for a pause in the conversation...

"Mistress, please forgive for the interruption. I have message for you from your cousins, to be read now and replied."

Ma forwarded a sealed scroll.
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Starlitdragon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:33 am

"Now?" Athaeyen accepted the scroll politely, and proceeded to open it, glad for a welcome distraction. "Thank you very much for your pains." she added thoughtfully. Several moments passed as she scanned the scroll's contents. Her brow creased slightly as she replied. " Tch. It says here you are to be introduced to our mission. I will speak to you more fully when I am finished here. If you would be so kind, please wait a minute." Athaeyen smiled benignly, lightening her expression, thought the Xuile'Solen could not see it. "Ah, and your name as well if you do not mind."
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Maximillian Caine » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:38 am

Say whuh?

"ah.. Ma, Mistress."

Say whuh?
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Starlitdragon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:53 am

"Don't look so confused.. Ma. It doesn't befit your kind. You can drop the formalities by the way. I'm sure from your.." Athaeyen paused and checked the scroll. "Master.. You have been informed of my status. Call me Athaeyen if you will." she turned away as a gesture of dismissal, completely forgetting the blindness of her messenger.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Xian » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:58 am

By this time, Athidus had disappeared, vanishing without much in the way of noise or fanfare, or a farewell. He made his way out of Sussunul with an entirely unnecessary degree of haste, weaving through crowds, dodging between buildings, taking the shortest route he knew of to the Black Dragon Inn. "Meet at the crossroads that lead to the path to the Beldrobbaen fortress," Athidus had heard her say. That was certainly easy enough to find; he had been there several times when he worked for the Val'Sarghess.

Though, those were not memories he cared to dwell too deeply upon.

(Headed off to the Black Dragon Tavern thread.)
Xian
Demon

Postby HavocHamster » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:01 am

"Forgive me, M- Athaeyan. I am Yul'Kalim. I am in a bit of a financial rut at the moment and need the ada. I have not heard of these Drider killings. But I will tag along nonetheless. I will need some funds to buy some reagents and will need time to brew them. I wi-"

Yul was cut off by the arrival of a strange looking drow wearing the same colours as Athaeyan was. There was something strange about this drow.. but he could quite place it..

The eyes..

He had no eyes.

A Xuile'solen.. the Sightless...
HavocHamster
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:07 am

"Yul'kalim.. Hmm.. Ah, I apologize for the interruption on my part. We have several hours before we depart, though I understand that would not be enough time. I can give you the ada to purchase the necessary reagents, but time, I'm afraid I am a little short of that. Is it possible to create your brews on the field? We will have several opportunities to rest, including a couple days when we reach the drider hive." Athaeyen faltered as she became distracted by the alchemist's shift in attention. The next question simply popped into her mind, uninvited.

"Do you feel comfortable with the Sightless, Yul'kalim?"
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby HavocHamster » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:17 am

"I knew a Sightless once..." Yul said before growing very quiet. He remained silent for about 10 more seconds before speaking up again. "I am sorry, I have no quarrels with that race. And yes, I can brew on the field. But It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours to brew my concoctions. If I have the proper reagents I will be able to create anything you need if given enough time and solitude."

The alchemist grew silent again for few more moments.

"You remind me of someone.. "
HavocHamster
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive