Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Gosser » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:16 am

The human was looking up at the Volz'ress trying to figure out why he just stood there. Diverson would be a normal reaction to the thought, but nothing had happened. Perhaps a scout looking in the area for anyone that fit E'apoes discription? The contemplation came as he kept soaking up what was going on around him. His eyes working better in the brightness then that of the driders. That made and odd feeling araise within him before he noticed that the Soul seeker was more or less squinting, while now and then covering up a portion of his armor with his hand. Looking several times around the area a sound of frustration came from the drow before it turned and began to stomp towards some stairs to head down.

"...He appears to be alone... but I don't know if the whole, bright light makes it harder for underworld creatures to see; idea is worth holding out on. " He muttered " ...Then again if it is to bright here we could turn this to our advantage and get him when he least expects it. " He motions towards the stairs The blood caked armored Drow came down and pointed out that the two walls on both sides of the staircase. Driders could naturally climb near vertical surfaces If E'apoe and Kalandrin could approach from both sides or if one could move around from behind and block any exit... they could possibly pounce'em and get a live treat. Smiling he pulled out his blade before stepping towards the blinded Soul Seeker. That huge sense of dread and fear lingering in the back of his mind.
Though one thing that he always liked about finding to fear things... anger comes from that.
"...Kal... I hope you understood what I pointed out... " where thoughts that where stronger then any other.
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Raeklore » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:55 pm

With her blood rage building, trying to focus on Kalandrin's and Gosser's words was difficult. She couldn't risk fighting it off though, it may be the only ways she may have the strngth to fight anything.

Squinting, she tries to get a better view of the soul seeker.

"Kalandrin, that's a looooong story."

Following Gosser's gaze, she finally spots the warrior.

"If I only had enough strength to use my Earth magic, grabbing him on the stairs would be easy." She thinks to herself.

"You're right Gosser, perhaps we can use that to our advantage. I may not be able to see well, but, with my Earth magic, I can feel the vibrations of his footsteps."

With the grace and stance of a spider on the hunt, E'apoe slips off to the side; in hopes of using the light to mask her approach. Closing her eyes, she tunes into the subtle vibrations in the ground, and advances on her prey.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:39 pm

Kalandrin grunted, displeased by E'apoe's reply, frowning in the meanwhile. "Will, at least, you two keep behaving normally?" she complained, almost loudly enough for others to hear, yet managing to restrain herself. "We will lose the surprise round with that pace" she shook her head, grabbing the spare tiktikki that Gosser had brought earlier and examining it thoroughly, as though she had suddenly gotten hungry. Yet, in the end, she only chose to leave it back down. "Damned cold" she thought.

Although some of her senses were not as developed as those of an equivalent based on an 'idle' or 'weaving' spider, Kalandrin could still sense some vibrations, air currents, or even smells using the special hair on her eight legs. She did not want to make a big deal out of this due to their limitations concerning vibrations, making them practically non existent when compared to her drow sight in the darkness or light, but still, it was better than nothing. "Just not as well as I'd like" she muttered with a thought. Truly, E'apoe's earth magic was a valuable weapon the Waelinder possessed.

"If you two want our opponents unaware of our awareness, I'd suggest E'apoe starts explaining that long story, if only just to buy us the time and situation we need" the Ne'kalsaider eventually said with a low voice. Her appearence seemed pretty casual; her hands were far from her weapons, her eyes were typically directed towards everything that she could see moving - given her paranoia - and the body stance implied she had the moderate guard she typically had. Nothing too great, or maybe..?
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gosser » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Coming to still he listened to his master and before things could get out of hand slid his blade into the sheath over his back. Stepping back slowly he turned to his master as this particular Drow clad in red stepped down and stood still.
Looking to Kalandrin then to Gosser the Soul Seeker wondered about the two. "...Wasn't there another with you two a moment ago... another Drider ?" Came a gruff and slightly perturbed voice.
Gosser stood between the Soul Seeker and Kal. "...No, sir... Just myself and my master have been standing here for afew moments... would you care for anything ?"
Looking annoyed the Volz'ress stood still looking back and forth to the two of them, showing sighs of contemplating taking out the weapons on him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Raeklore » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:43 am

The waelinder had been busy herself, while the Soul Seeker approached. Once she realized, that he was approaching her new allies(?), she'd gone to higher ground and followed him.

Now...she was directly above him. Her spinnerets worked rapidly, while he spoke; her hands fashioned the webbing into a noose. She was lowering it as she wove it, she'd done this many times before; in service to the Vloz'ress. Now...they'd be on the receiving end.

Allowing herself a grin of sadistic success, she loops the noose around his the Seekers neck; just as he's bringing his weapons to bear.

She then tugs, and nearly drops the Seeker! Her previous wounds scream in protest, and then so does she; as she hoists him perhaps a foot off of the ground. Freshly tended wounds tear themselves back open, as surly as if he'd had the chance to strike her. Her efforts are further punished, as he drops his weapon; to begin tugging on the web-line.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Meska369 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:48 am

A dark grey hooded figure limps along using a cane as it, a Val'Beldrobbaen and Vel'Sharen Noble males enter the Light infused area. They moved down the steps towards the seating area when the figured person, scanning the area, suddenly stops and watches the interactions between two Driders, a slave and a Soul seeker.

E'apoe?? OH SHIT! That Soul Seeker is going to kill her! NOT while I LIVE, HE will not.

The figure drops the cane with a yell to its companions, "Meet me in the MARKET!.

It takes off at full speed and closes in on the Vlos’ress. A throwing dagger is hurled as it moves long the edge of the level just above the man. The dagger glances off his armor and hits the wall behind him. Another follows and hits just above the noose, sinking deeply into the flesh as it nicks the vocal cords and partially closed his airway.

The Figure is closer now and will only take it a few more seconds to reach its prey.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:06 am

Dee had been leading, and he had been one of the first to note the fact that a Soulseeker had neglected to look up. As a Beldrobbaen Dee had no friends with the Vloz'ress, of course this diplomat might have but really he doubted that anyone was particularly fond of the Vloz'ress.

He did not move or charge forward, he just stood back as an anonymous cloaked figure, and all the sealed demons and souls on the struggling armored cultist were one by one and in rapid succession released from their seals, drawn away and sealed once more. He was not fighting him, just robbing him of weapons, and they were trying to strangle a Vloz'ress to death which meant they had a while to go before he would die. He'd seen Vloz'ress lose many vital organs and still fight on, being strangled was not about to stop one.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:52 am

like wise the vel'sharen noble just stood, he wasn't a combatant, even with magic. he could possibly try and make the soul seeker hesitate, but he doubted it would do any good. so he spent his time looking for a good bench to wait for her to finish, he intended on having a small word in this matter, nothing to harsh since she wasn't actually his bodyguard yet.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Raeklore » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Through the haze of pain and straining muscles, somthing suddely seemed different...

"Huh..." She muttered, while trying to look down. The light still blurred her sensitive vision. The warrior was still on her rope; as she could well feel, but she couldn't see anything else.

Bracing herself with six legs, she uses the other two, to secure the excess web-line up; so that she can let it go. Once that's done, she let's go and scales down to the ground.

To her surprise a blurry and indestinct group of people have gathered...
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:38 pm

Kalandrin left a loud sigh expressing how disturbed she was with all the developments. She clinched her left fist tightly, wishing she could beat up somebody, but then she looked up to the Waelinder with an angry stare. "If you touch my lunch, you'll become part of it" she threatened mockingly but seriously enough to confuse somebody who saw her for the first time. "After all, it has to be presentable to be edible..." she smirked sadistically as she approached the trapped Soulseeker and drew her yataghan with the same left hand. Yet, her attention was quickly disturbed.

It was better to look away of the pillar, noticing a charging person that apparently managed to hit the Vloz'ress. Rapidly, the Ne'kalsaider drew her second sword with her off hand, pointing it to the charger she had yet to recognize the form of quickly, pointing the weapon she held with her main hand towards the soulseeker and counting on the two middle pairs of legs for balance, as she raise the front and rear pairs, the first in a very defensive, or potentially offensive manner. Her body, on the other hand, came closer to the ground, as though to forbid somebody to become as sneaky as Gosser had once become.

"What is the meaning of all this?" she asked loudly, glaring towards the newcomer but counting on her hearing, smelling and minor vibration-feeling rather than sight to pinpoint opponents, much like her crude spider 'cousins' with poor sight. Her mind was already working to memorize the present locations of all four people she could directly sense, as well as distinguish them from one another non-visually; not that it didn't mean that she would give up seeing, after all.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kembaru » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 am

The way Dee saw things was that the Vloz'ress was dangling by a thread quite literally, there was a knife in its neck and it was still hauling on the cord around its neck. Vloz'ress Soulseekers were their elite fighting forces, if they thought it would be this easy then they were fools. The one holding the soulseeker off the ground was also diminished, he could see their aura and it was fading.

A flash of reddish light and the cord was sliced, you couldn't strangle him to death, not in that state, and he could probably just lift himself out of it anyway. A wide mana arrow sorted it out, and then...

"I believe you can handle this from here Kalandrin!" He shouted and turned to take a seat with L'tuain't.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Meska369 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 am

Meska was nearing her emotional breaking point for the day. The outburst in the Tavern, the fresh wounds to her head and chuckles with their nearly clotted dark crimson, along with her still healing wounds form the last part of the trip to Chel, were weighing increasingly on her mind. Seeing E'apoe's wounds reopen and her fresh blood seep out a bit had not helped at all. The Vloss'Rezz asshole would pay for hurting her.

The other Drider's movements were noted, but the words were not really paid any attention to, so focused was her concentration on getting to her friend. Her hooded cape flew along behind her as it's hood finally fell to reveal a Face-mask, Mostly grey, but with Bold Blue, Yellow, Green tattoo like shapes covering and had one blue and one green eye. Whoever it was was running for E'apoe.

The female runner got to the Drideress at the same time the Mana arrow broke the silken line. She reacted as Poe suddenly lurched upward and stumbled backward in response to the sudden loss of the heavy weight that was no longer at the end of her rope. The woman with the Green and Black hair moved to catch the spideress and said loudly, "I have you! I have you! I got you!" to Poe as she turned her back to the other Drider and her human male servant.

I have you, just let me catch you. Your gonna fall. Let me help her , Goddess. THEN I will kill that demon cursed man!
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:59 am

((Pardon me for jacking this little moment, but really as a GM I just can't stand to see an NPC that is meant to be one of the most deadly fighters in the city merely clusterfsck'd to death and not leave a single mark on any of those who face him. Give the nameless NPCs some credit.))

As the saying goes, the Vloz'ress are always reluctant to die, and even with being strangled and having a knife lodged in his neck this Soul Seeker was far from finished, he rallied magnificently as he fell to the ground, a mighty clatter came as his armor settled and the fine scraping noise as two axes were retrieved from where they had dropped.

A split second after landing an armor-plated shoulder was thrown into Meska's torso while she was distracted with the potential fall of the drider bitch he'd been chasing after in the first place. Charge through the group that surrounded you, it is always best to fight on your own terms and that was what he was securing as he charged the line under a rain of blows that clattered across his armor.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Gosser » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Watching carefully and staying quiet, Gosser could tell a lot of commotion was going on here. It made sense really, public area where someone with half the mind for tracking could find a wounded individual, fighting now against odds.

Stepping back slowly as the Volz'ress dropped his grip tightened on the handle over his shoulder. Dipping his shoulders he moved for a moment to bring back pack down infront of his feet. Holding onto the handle of his sword he stood uncertain for a moment of those around him. Two or three unknown people... not certain about figures back within the darkness just out of the reach of the pillar's light behind him.
He'd notice how the bright light had temporarily impared the soul seeker, to a point where E'apoe could have taken the advantage. Which was fairly falling apart as he watched.
"...Master... you're hungry are you not ?" The question amongst the ruckas would have undoubtedly been confusing.

Now pissed off and beyond angry the male Volz'ress spun on his heel with the Ax's wildly trying to slash and hack at whatever could be near him.Gosser had been moving a little to much for the Drow's concerns and part of an ax blade caught the human, it was a shallow swipe but caused his chest to redden none-the-less. The Knife in his neck gushed as he goaned in his own torment of movements.
Still not able to keep balance after the assault taken to his neck so far, the male came to nearly falling... staggering a bit he started to back away from the two driders.

(ooc: Thank you Kembaru for bringing some dignity towards the soulseeker in my absence... the real world can draw people away from this one a little to easily at time... )
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby kembaru » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:53 pm

((No problem...))

Dee sat back on the bench next to L'Tuain't as the last of the energy the Vloz'ress had on him was sealed away. He fiddled with the clasp on his cloak for a moment before casting it aside and folding it up neatly in his lap. He was wearing a heavy black robe that seemed to be more form fitting and less flowing than most other robes.

More interesting was that he was gauntletted from shoulder to fingertip on each arm, metallic arms a dull chromish color and decorated with spider-web patterned engravings and several sealing gems that glowed ominously with the various energies Dee considered worth carrying on his person. Symbolically it seemed that they were patterned to make it seem like the gems containing sealed souls were caught in the webs like insects.

"If you are looking for a bodyguard, might I suggest one that does not seem to have the suicidal tendancies of a Chel'el'sussoloth vigilante?"
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive