Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby kembaru » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:06 am

"Feel free to study me all you like. But you must know the price of betrayal in this place. If we are to learn from each other then we'd need to be breathing in order to do so."

He turned and began to walk away from this strange man, he couldn't help but be suspicious, curious, and he couldn't help but think that even if anything all he did was gain from this encounter that he had somehow lost a battle. Just walk away.

"I lodge at the tavern, you can find me there if you want."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Gosser » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:51 pm

Coming within the range of the pillar was something he always found to be interesting. The area almost changed instantly from his point of view. Then again his simple and lesser human eyes, couldn't adapt to the darkness around him either. So the thought of them being able to adjust suddenly to the briliance of the marvel before him wasn't something to doubt.

Yet the sounds of sixteen large spider legs following close behind told him that his master, a female drider named Kaladrin as well as a newly aquired friend E'apoe where there.
Turning around slowly he found his eyes looking back towards more darkness then as Kalandrin came into sight with E'apoe a smile came to curve over his lips.

Moving back with the large bulbious backpack over his shoulders towards the pillar he took off in a sprint that seemed to be surprising energetic despite the load over his back. Jumpping from the top step of the stairs leading down to the base of the pillar he almost flew down. With feet tucked up until the last moment he landed suddnly with feet firm and planted. Though it didn't turn out the way he'd planned. The momentum as well as weight over his shoulders sent him froward into a roll.

A moment passed where it was a flurry of end over end movement before he came to stop right next to the pillar. Rolling over onto his back he stared up at the almost endless beam of light that went straight up into the abyss.
"...ugh... at least nothings broken... " Sitting up he noted that the last few rotations of his body and backpack had openned up a few pockets. The recent medical supplys that had been used to bandage up E'apoe trailed towards his now dizzy position.
He knew if anyone else was around that a few laughs would be coming, so before going about collecting his things he gave a curitious bow and then went about collecting the supplys.

ooc: What's a world without a jester ?
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Raeklore » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:00 pm

At the site of Gosser's acrobatic prowess; E'apoe slaps Kalanandrin on the back, and burts out into giggling hysterics.

"He's great Kal...I need to get me one. Does he have any siblings that I can purchase?" Her giggling continues.

Of course with all of her freshly bandaged wounds, she starts flip flopping between wincing in pain and giggling.

A giggling Ver'waedrownenussedarlinider (tainted-drowussu-waelinder) that's something ya don't see every day.

She grabs a hold of herself to keep from splitting and begins looking around for something breathing to eat. (OoC: Like a spider, she lives on blood)
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:35 am

With nine eyes, you naturally had better sight, but also more sensitive. This was the prime reason Kalandrin hated being close to the Pillar; it was harder to see around than normal circumstances, and whenever she visited the area, she kept a considerable distance from the 'core' for precisely that reason. Not that she had a very big problem, but she had been way too accustomed in the moist, shadowy places she had spent the past twenty-six years. For some time she wasn't paying attention on her surroundings as she sought to adjust her 'seeing habits', but once that was done, her attention quickly returned to its near-paranoid levels.

Gosser's jesting quickly resulted in feminine giggling from both E'apoe as well as Kalandrin herself, not with a bad intention for sure. "Be careful, Gos" the Ne'kalsaider chose to warn, albeit a little-bit too late. "I do not know about the surface, but you do get bruises if you fall down here." She then turned towards E'apoe, playfully shaking her head negatively in response to her question. "Not as far as I am concerned, but you can ask him if he has any on the surface" she explained, prompting E'apoe not to be shy with Gosser. After all, Kalandrin was trying to gradually make him a free human, as free someone like him could be in the Underworld.

"Do you think we will be lucky enough to find a couple of Vloz'ress to become our lunch?" Kalandrin grinned sadistically as soon as she realized what E'apoe was up to "It might seem bizzare to you, but they deserve it, damned cultists... Hunting our kin for sport..." she added with a mutter, not revealling she was hunting them for a sport as well on occasions and that she wasn't really kidding with her suggestion. "But all this is beyond point. I believe I owe you an explaination about the Ne'kalsaider; Gosser, you should listen too, I don't think I have told you too much, have I?"

Secrecy was something Kalandrin sought and needed to explain such things, and she would do so only to very trusted persons; obviously, she trusted E'apoe for she also was a drider, albeit an obvious Vloz'ress or ex-Vloz'ress, but Gosser? He was loyal and had so far never caused her problems, for one thing. After all, she would not make any shocking revelations now, would she? "Contrary to the popular belief, there are not two kinds of driders - the Waelinder and the Streekaider. There are three." Kalandrin said firmly and with her voice still kept low, as though she expected somebody to show up at any moment.

"The Waelinder are people like you - drow turned into driders - and the Streekaider are the Waelinder that have succumbed to their madness. Most claim they are animals, but I assure you, I have seen and talked to Streekaider that are perfectly sane, albeit more animalistic than us." Having started explaining now, Kalandrin obviously did not wait for somebody to do something, not just yet. Her voice could mark the subject's significance. "The third drider sub-category is the Ne'kalsaider. Originally breed of the Waelinder, my kind has been like this since birth. From the first to the last moment of our lives, we are driders, perfectly sane and civilized, and also walking a little-bit differently than most Waelinder do if you notice real carefully. Less clumsily, if I might say" she added, completing her explainations for now. Admittedly, it was time for questions; all this long, however, her eyes were not directed towards her companions but her surroundings, seeking to fight something other than a Tiktikki, to eat.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gosser » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:08 am

Having collected everything up once more and hearing the giggles of his companions, he soon also the calling of his master...mistress. Running over he came to a stand still as he listened to the words coming from Kalandrin.

It seemed to so sad that this other race of drider had to live in secretcy but then again he couldn't blame them considering the violent world which was all around them.
Then as he adjusted himself his body ached ina few places where the pack and stone ground had hit him. There was nice welt on the side of his face where the hilt of his sword had come up and smacked him good. Now straightened out he just stayed courtious as she finished explaining how the drider types that exist as well as speaking upon their need of food.

A smile came to him as he set down his pack and waved a hand to them. "... Wait one moment while I retrieve sustaince for you two.... I'll be back in a minute... or two... " He spoke with such confidence as the untying of his sword from the back came to happen before them, he quick put it back of her his shoulders then took off in a mad dash out of the area.

A moment later with two Tikitikkis, one under each arm he came back into sight. "... Found ....something..." he panted lightly. Then he noted the collars on the both of them. " Eh... ?"
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Raeklore » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:23 pm

E'apoe's attention was snatched away from Kalandrin, by the smell of approaching blood.

She had been amazed to learn of natural born driders, and was also thinking of how bright it was here; specially after her long trek throught darkness of the wilderness. The hazy sight of two dead pets got E'apoe giggling again.

"Well done Gosser." More laughter. "One woman's pet, is another woman's diner. You should...umm...hide those collars though. If you don't get caught, you didn't do anything wrong." She says with a sly grin and a wink. "Don't lose those collars though, they might be resellable..."

Turning back to Kalandrin.

"How were your kind born from mine? I thought we were sterile?" As that thought leaves her mouth, many more flood into her mind.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Faithen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:32 am

After relaxing for a little the Sharen Diplomat stood from his spot, considering his choices he decided to follow the lead of the Beldrobbaen he had just met, and wondered off to the Tavern.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 pm

"Huh?" This was Kalandrin's only response concerning the tiktikki Gosser had captured and killed. Fresh, for sure, but not Vloz'ress. Shaking her head with a smile she removed the collar of the small lizard handed over to her, and then passed the meat itself to E'apoe. "You can have it... I'll reserve hunger for the event your Vloz'ress friends find us" she explained. "And Gosser, you truly are impossible to perceive" she grinned towards her slave not at all long later. Partly, she had declined the offer because she preferred to catch her own prey; plus, why should she eat tiktikki? She was not that desperate, and plus, she preferred raw drow flesh a lot more. Bizzare, but true.

"Some Waelinder were, apparently, not" Kalandrin explained. "In fact, almost the entire Ne'kalsaider race is born from a single drider, the Waelinder who gave birth to the first natural born drider. There are a few other Ne'kalsaider capable of reproduction too, though it appears that most of us are also sterile. I guess that's to balance power in the Hive... Yet, these who are found capable of reproducing, are kept close to the Mother, though I do not know many details about this. I left the Hive almost twenty six years ago" she continued. The explainations appeared to be long and complex; perhaps they were, but they were still exciting even to Kalandrin. As usual, she kept her tone low, indicating all this should remain a well-guarded secret.

Something Kalandrin had missed mentioning was what the Hive was, and if she was sterile as well. The answer to the latter, she knew not; she knew, however, that there was only 0,01 percent possibility for her to actually be able to give birth to her own eggs. Not that she had ever tried to achieve that goal, or that she had even considered it, but you never, ever knew what future held. It was all like a wheel, and she knew it; yesterday you were in the mud, but tomorrow you'll be as high as the heavens can be.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Raeklore » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:43 pm

E'apoe accepted the offered lizard; though she prefered her diner live, "The blood cools so quickly..." She thinks to herself. The blood won't flow so readily from a corpse, so goes into her sack and produces a knife. Then, holding the critter over her head, she slits it's throat and pours the slow moving blood into her mouth. It's not a neat process...most of it goes into her mouth, the rest splashes onto her face or dribbles down her neck

When all of the free flowing blood stops she looks at it quizically and then sqeezes it, to ring out any remaing drops. Nonplused by her bloodied visage, she pulls open it's abdomen, reaches in and starts pulling out the sweet organs from within and eating them. "Thanks Gosser, that really hits the spot...."

Poe stops munching long enough to turn her attention to the "natural" drider. "Twenty-six years huh? That's a long time...As for reproducing? Even if I could...I don't really think I would..." She says musing about her former life as a bipedal male...

More munching, then...

"You keep mentioning this 'hive' place, in a round about kinda fashion...I'm sure there must be an interesting tale about the place."

Between, the blood from her wounds and from her meal, Poe's a real mess.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Gosser » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:25 pm

The fact she had to eat fresh things didn't bother him so much as the fashion in which she 'delicately' prepared his food. After the munching began he turned to look away. The fact that her mouth was producing such sounds. He'd prefer a well lit fire at the amoment and a nice stick to roast the other lizard in hand over. But then loosing his apitie he just silently handed over the second one to E'apoe. A smile came to the surface despite the fact he felt kinda lost for words at the sight.
"...Hehe you need you regain your strength..."

There walking came to an area where less people gathered or moved about. There where a few stairs and slightly higher levels to look down into the pillar. Pulling himself to the next viewing point up he sat dangling his legs and looked down into the area while around as well. Hoping a chance to at least get Kaladrin something to eat. He didn't like disappointing his master... mistress... why'd such a concept work for him... the assoitasion perhaps of a mistress being a secret lover or jaded person that's held in a secret fashion could have been one... while master is a broad and simple term he caught on to. One who is owned is a slave.... the one who owns a slave is a master... would master be a male's title only or does mistress have to apply to a female master...
These simple thought rolled over his mind as the driders spoke of the hive. He'd heard this talk before when Kal had first start explaining things to him... but now it seemed as though their new friend needed to be caught up.

Blinking he stared noticing orange and red blended upon armor as well as alot of black. Having been looking up to a few levels higher he twisted his head back down sudden and slipped down along side the two driders. "... Master... Are those the Voller'ress" his voice still not fully able to twist to pronounce the clans within the underworld.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Raeklore » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:32 pm

Poe accepts the Gosser's offering eagerly, "Oh yes, thank you...umm...Gosser right? I really wish you had a twin, I need someone like you..." She says with a big grin, before repeating her previous eating ritual.

She goes on lustfully enjoying her meal, oblivious to what's around her. Until she hears , "Voller'ress". At that, she drops the tik'tikki as her entire demeanor changes to that of the tainted Vlozzie that she is. Bearing her fangs, she hisses, as her eyes begin to glow with an worldly eerieness. She grabs her spear; and her eight legs, make not a sound as she glides (figuratively) up to Gosser.

Once next to Gosser, "Where do you see them?" The drider hisses into his ear.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 pm

E'apoe eating was no spectacular, disgusting, or magnificent sight for Kalandrin, thus she paid attention to other things, such as the daring 'clothing' the Waelinder had chosen to wear, as she spoke. "I would say the same for myself" Kalandrin came to admit, answering E'apoe's statement concerning reproduction, but giving no other explaination. For a second, she seemed bothered by something, yet her adamantine shell quickly covered it, making her look more neutral within seconds. In her mind, she quickly brought follow-ups. Obviously, they couldn't just walk around Chel with E'apoe like this, could they?

Then, the drider's next question pleasantly surprised Kalandrin, who smiledgently in response. "I am glad you asked" she spoke casually, yet her tone became more silent again as seconds passed. "The Hive is our very own drider city" she grinned widely, sounding very proud indeed. "It is difficult to reach, and it is full of marvels... We even have a few sane Streekaider there, as far as I remember..." Gazing towards the Pillar's infinite light, kalandrin seemed lost for as long as she was recalling memories. Then, she simply turned her back to the bright light and returned to a normal, neutral state.

Instinctively, the Ne'kalsaider led her left, main hand directly at the grasp of one of her yataghans, ready to draw it to encounter a threat as soon as Gosser mentioned the 'Voller'ress'. "Vloz'ress?" she frowned, trying to confirm the human's words, yet not waiting for that; she was already looking around though she was not really worried. "If they want trouble, they can come... Two adult driders and a fight-capable human are no easy prey for the cultist scum..." she muttered, letting her curved sword's hilt go and crossing her arms in a rather proud, if not arrogant manner. "Why are they after you?" she turned her gaze towards E'apoe, sounding rather demanding in her question.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:24 pm

The near collision caused Gosser to duck and move before coming to rest on the edge between the lip of the next level and the two full grown driders reacting to his words. There was a moment when he squinted and craned his head back up towards the higher levels that lead out before back to them. "...I'm not sure since I can't be entirely sure of my sight compared to that of a Drider... but the armor up there looks like the cultists you speak of... " his words came a bit scared as he point up towards a pair that looked down upon them...yet was that a figure up there or two ?

One Soul seeker that he knew of, he remembered his first brush with one and thought he was going to die. The fight left him with many scars and oddly enough the armored man stopped sudden before the killing blow and left him battered back then. Soon after that other master sold him to the gladiator ring where he actually got to flex his muscle for a while. But now the sight of a demonicly armored drow over looking them came he sent a shiver down his spine.

The other figure had left from sight and he couldn't seem to find him or her anywhere. "...I dunno where the other went but isn't it odd for that ... creature up there just to be standing there in plain view ... while his friend isn't ?" Walking forward a little, Gosser stopped before turning around and looking the general area. "... I don't like this E'apoe... what did you do to anger them ?"
His sight kept changing through the area as he expected an attack from anywhere.
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Raeklore » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Nine eyes trying desperately to find signs of her pursuers, E'apoe replies, "I defected earlier today, and had to kill a few of my former clan mates in order to escape - including one of the corrupted." Her primary two eyes lock on Gosser, "I also owe them a lot of ada...", she finishes with a shrug and a wink.

"I won't hold it against you..or even blame you for splitting now. I'd never expect a stranger to fight for my freedom." The waelinder says with just a hint of sadness.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Kalandrin rose an eyebrow of surprise, not shocked however, as she already expected some of the aforementioned to be true. "Ah, I see that the Sharess blessed you to see the light of truth, finally" she came to grin not too long later. "Do not worry. Nobody will die to support you" she came to say somewhat indifferently seconds later, then moving to take a cmfortable position near Gosser and E'apoe. "After all, in the worst case, we can always lure some of the Drowhiir zealots to do the dirty job. You are too weak to fight for a prolonged amount of time, and if they are too many, I do not think I will be able to take care of them by myself" she added more seriously, not caring if E'apoe was a 'drowhiir' as well, even if only half anymore.

"How did you became affiliated with the Vloz'ress in the first place? Would it not count as defecting for your side?" the Ne'kalsaider asked curiously not long later. Perhaps, if Gosser was paying attention, he would learn more about the Underworld clans, giving him valuable information. Turning to the human, she smiled gently, as though she was praising his job. "Very well done, though. Over here, our nine eyes are a weakness... Too much light... Here, it is you who can be our sight. It is, of course, your choice to serve our need... I shall not force you do anything" Kalandrin explained, then looking towards E'apoe meaningfully. "After all, no brands and no chains can deny somebody his rightful freedom" she added, a little bit bitterly this time.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive