Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:55 pm

This Summoner caught the diplomat's eye. Now what L'tuain't needed to do was catch his. the Vel'sharen figured out how to do it without saying a word. His eyes darted from person to person in the general crowd as his mind went over archaic formula of high art, and began to implant individually one by one a subtle, small and innocent urge into the crowd's members.

The result was slow, and it took some time, but one by one the people parted like a sea. groups conversing moved, stranglers simply abandoned. low and behold the great pillar of light was clear to the Beldrobbaen Summoner. shining in it's brilliance down on him like it was looking into his torned, defiled soul. still, in the center of this light there was a shadow, a shadow with calm red eyes softly looking apon him.

From there, L'Tuain't didn't inact more of his high art, it was draining, not as draining as it would be for an empath to force a crowd to split by compulsion, but draining none the less. He figured the man would come to him, and he stood still and silent as the shadow of Baldrobbaen's fallen might itself.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:06 pm

It was a strange hour that the hordes of the common drow would part like this, there was no onehere any more, none came but all went, Dee'nieas had come for solitude and had got what he had wanted, it was less painful than walking abandoned and depressing halls in the fortress.

Of course there was... him, tainted, dressed in black, Dee could feel his aura and everything about it, and nothing seemed particular about it, just the same old taint and really beyond that there was little worth note about him. But... he was watching him, and in his experience a parting crowd and a lone watcher meant trouble.

And there was a long pause as he just stood there, staring into the shining pillar without blinking or shading his eyes.

"You did that, didn't you?" He asked plainly, not turning to look.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:11 pm

To this the drow broke out into a chuckle, the first noise he had really made. carefully he stood and paced over to the Summoner, stepping close before talking in his Artful voice, smooth, yet still hard and cool. the voice of the impartial looking for others to be not so.

No My friend, they did. Drow in all shapes and creeds are curious creatures, they all have wants they don't know of, and needs they aren't aware of. some times they just all need something at the same time.

Walk with me.

If his word's and actions weren't intriging enough, he made a subtly implantation in the summoners mind. not a particular urge, a want or even a physical sensation. just curiousity, generic curiosity. not even specifically about himself. he took the effort to talk to this man, he was going to make sure he talked back.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Alamandorious » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Alamandorious fell into step quickly with T'al, his interest piqued,"It must be something gravely important if we're hurrying at such a pace, Warden," he murmured, cutting the length of his strides slightly once he was nearly shoulder-to-shoulder with her. The tall Drowussu didn't ask any further questions, however, as the Warden had already indicated she'd inform him of the situation in her own time.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:23 pm

Had this strange person been an empath he would have noted that Dee was already curious, yet also very suspicious, generally those sent to kill him, and there had been some in the past, would have just stabbed first and asked questions later, or would have challenged him to some duel, never to walk, however it could always be a trap.

Yet his legs moved of their own accord seemingly and he walked, not knowing where he was going, but somewhere beneath his cloak the life energy of some things once living stirred.

Another long pause and just the sound of the summoner's harsh boots punishing the ground, and then the question that was on the tip of his tongue, so simple to ask.

"What is it that you want...?"
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:29 pm

You are asking the wrong question.

He said simply, wrapping an arm around the summoner's shoulder, easy enough to do with his build should he not move away.

If you couldn't tell, I am Vel'Sharen.. I think that it's quite easy to say I already have what I want. How ever my new friend, that question was just One simple word off, a very common word.. we Drow are good at using it as a matter of fact.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:41 pm

The summoner did not move, if he were to do something, anything that would make this easier, it was simple to kill someone who had drawn steel and gone for you, but for now they were just walking, not even to a dark alley, or to a group of people but... just... walking...

He had to take control of the situation, but notably he seemed to lose a little face by not managing to look this stranger in the eye while saying so.

"What do you want with me?" he persisted, ignoring anything this man had said.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:53 pm

L'Tuain't shook his head slowly as he continued to ask such silly questions, releasing his arm from the summoners shoulder he stepped half a pace back and looked down at the slightly shorter man.

What does a Caller of Broken worlds, keeper of broken souls, and herald of a broken clan want? What does this drow with his Torn Aura Need. I told you, I am Val'Sharen. I have everything I want.. What Do You want, Baldrobbaen?

with this he slowly folded his arm, and coolly waited for a respond, even in that speach, the words alone would set a tone of passion, of soul searching-- but his cool tone made it sound more like a death knell, the last sacrement for the fallen.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:03 pm

The response was snapped back, no hesitation this time and no pause for confusion.

"You've come to offer me a chance to bring the Beldrobbaen back to its rightful place? Hah. We are already allied with the Sharen and there is no way that any who would approach me in this forsaken city would be able to repair the clan."

"You speak as if you have something to offer, asking me what I want. What do you have that you could possibly give me?"

He had not actually moved, there was no energy being manipulated here, no demon summoned and no blade drawn, he just stood there, not even a sign of rage or disbelief, sheer neutrality. But words spoke louder than actions.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Silly Spider, You do know that an alliance with the Vel'sharen is about the same friendship bracelet if some one in the clan doesn't have an vested interest in it. It's pretty, makes you feel good on the inside, but ultimately just a peice of string on your wrist.

His normally lax eyes narrowed carefully, his lips turning up into a smirk. nodding to the side he motioned for the summoner to follow him. changing directions as to keep them from the outskirts.

Now, I don't know about you, but i'm pretty sure Sullissin'Rune whores have formed more meaningful and lasting relationships in one of their thrice daily orgies then what ever you formed.

What i offer you, is a Voice, and the Vested interested of a Noble son of Ialysdel.

Feel free to ask that question you were so insistant on earlier.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:23 pm

"The Sharen do anything for power, they have the right idea but for now that piece of string keeps them from wiping us clean from where the rest of us cower up there."

He almost spat the words as he followed. And sure enough each word rang true, the alliance was meaningful so long as the Sharen considered it a good idea, the Beldrobbaen had little use but they kept them around anyway.

As well Dee had been dead for a year, or might as well have been, his flayed soul, the exorcisms, a new connection to start over was not to be turned down. Although the standing question still needed to be answered.

"...But what do you want?"
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 pm

He couldn't help but smile, with both of his hands he slowly motioned upwards, talking with a slight hint of demur passion in his voice
I am already getting what I want. I am a Faern, a Scholar.. my Subject of Choice is people. I have much to learn from you. How ever, unlike money, military power, or magic.
he said as he reached down, scooping up the black bound black paged book in his hand, flipping open the pages as he channeled such a petty amount of mana through them, causing the black ink to glow white against the ebony spidersilk pages
Knowledge stays, and it will always have it's worth to me.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:43 pm

Dee smiled, it was short lived to say the least, but he did, he just wanted to learn about him... sure enough he had an interesting past, a success i his own right, but really... unless he knew who he was, but still even then it was a small matter.

Well... he could always just get someone to kill him if he had ill intentions.

"Knowledge only stays as long as one keeps themself alive. Tell me. What exactly you wish to learn from me?"

((And now I sleep))
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Alendara » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:28 pm

T'al paused briefly in her steps, raising her head slightly as she felt a rather familiar feeling at her back. It wasn't Alamandorious, either. Glancing over her shoulder, she peered back through the rapidly closing crowd to catch sight of the two Drow conversing near the corpses of the dead Vloz'ress. Her eyes narrowed, sensing the taint within them both...but she had more pressing matters at the moment. They were not Vloz'ress, best as she could tell, and so they could wait for another day. It mattered little...every tainted would have that one day when they found themselves at the wrong end of a dagger...their time simply hadn't come.

Nodding to Alamandorious, she soon turned back about, and continued her stride, finally departing from the Leisure Area, and heading for her beloved home.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:37 pm

I told you my friend, People is what i study, and you are another type of person to study. How they react, how they think. You need do little then be as you are, I will learn by simply accompanying you. As a diplomat and a Teacher, that type of knowledge serves me a better sword then any steel or adamantite.

I would imagine you could learn from such studies yourself, and make use of it. Summoning is a mighty sword, but I think you will need a sheild to accompany it.

With that he walked back towards his original seat at the pillar of light, returning to sit again. persuading people always proved to be so exhausting, not in the physical sense. but he needed, or rather wanted to rest his mind for a bit and just bask in the pillar of light, his antithesis he liked to think, as a simple man of darkness.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive