Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Starlitdragon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:31 pm

((I'll be gone until August 26th (this Saturday). To leave Hydnaf'aal some space to RP so you aren't stuck, how about Athaeyen arranges to meet with you at the tavern to continue our RP when I return? You'll be free in the mean time to do RP with other players. :3 ))

Athaeyen brushed back her long hair. "Chel isn't much for tourists. The Pillar of Light is about as pleasant as it gets. There's the Kla'bol markets behind us- you can find virtually anything if you know where to look. The clans are always having their scuffles, but if you ignore them, they generally return the favour. Listen, er, I have to go for a bit. If you'd like a better look at the city, could you meet me in the Black Dragon Tavern in three hours?"

Athaeyen gave directions to the tavern. "I'm sorry, but I just remembered something." She sprang up, and took off at a run.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby DisamisSpeaker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:19 pm

((Thanks for the heads up! Your solution works for me))

Well, that worked. Managed to scare her off, it seems. Hynaf'aal was mentally kicking himself as he got out of the water and checked to make sure his things were undisturbed.

Still, even if she didn't show at this tavern, at least he should be able to meet someone else there. From her description, it certainly sounded like a big place.

And he was glad to hear that the rule of leaving the powerful alone worked just as well here: he doubted he or the divers would have been able to survive so long if they had attracted attention.

So he figured he'd wander around for a while, go back into the market for a bit and see if there was anything he have to remember to come buy if he got some money, and then head to this tavern a bit early.
DisamisSpeaker
Nether Spawn

Postby Gelorn » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:22 am

((Sorry for the dissapearance. Had to work over the weekend. Anyway. THeres not much left but to wrap up.))

THe book picked up b the warden did nothing specail when touched, and really didnt look too important either. The same with the mask as it was taken off, revealing a lightly scarred female face with blood slowly dripping out of her mouth.

Even though it was over people still kept their distance, rathering not to get muddled up with what happened there incease a patrol came past as saw the mess and wanted to start asking questions.

((Other then that... not much else I can say...))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:03 am

"Thank you for the compliment, Templar." T'al looked up from the tome with a small smirk. Shortly thereafter, the book came shut with a loud clap, and her full attentions were turned to her fellow warrior. It seemed at last that the battle was done, and all the Vloz'ress slain. Now, they could return to the Citadel and report a glorious completion. The Goddess would be proud of her warriors for a job well-done. There could be no greater reward than that.

All about them, the civilians were cautiously beginning to return to their daily actions once again. Even so, they all seemed quite leery of approaching the two Kyorls, so T'al and Alamandorious could take as much time here as they might like. Of course, there was no need for anything else...but the fact remained.

"Templar Alamandorious, shall we return home now? I believe we've done a fin enough deed here for the day. I'm sure you could use some time to relax...you've been running around with me for hours now, after all." With a nod of respect towards him, she tapped her naginata on the ground, and began to step away, moving from the corpses at a slow and steady pace. She kept her eyes open though- one never knew where further danger might lurk.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby DisamisSpeaker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 pm

After an hour of people watching, relaxation, and an aborted hunt to procure a tiktikki lunch (how was he supposed to cook it if he caught it, after all?), Hydnaf'aal thought he had seen enough off the Leisure area. At least for now anyways: it certainly was a nice break from the insanity of the market surrounding it. If the rest of the city was that convoluted, he could see himself spending a fair bit of time here in the future.

For now, he'd go to this tavern the girl had mentioned and get himself comfortable before he met back up with her. Wouldn't be good to walk into this any more blind than he had to, especially after admitting his vulnerability to her.

So he gathered his things and followed her directions away from the pillar and back into the wilds of the city.

((To the Black Dragon))
DisamisSpeaker
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:26 am

Alamandorious bent down and tore a piece of fabric from one of the fallen mercenaries, using it to clean the blood from his longsword before sheathing it in its scabbard. Then, turning his attention back to T'al he nodded once,"I thank you kindly for your concern, Warden T’alisania," he said, removing one of his gauntlets to idly run a hand through his long, silver-streaked hair,"However, in the pursuit of duty, I would follow you until the end of days. I have rarely met anyone outside of my family as tireless in the pursuit of justice and as devouted to Sharess as you. I am honoured you chose me to accompany you on this task, and would be further honoured if you would call upon me in future."

He then stepped into step with the Warden, cutting his stride slightly to maintain the same pace as her, leaning a down a bit and quieting his voice for her ear alone,"It is a pity your brother had not been here to witness this. I am very certain that after the way you wielded your naginata he would keep his opinions to himself," he murmured, his deep voice dulling to a low rumble,"At the very least, he would think twice."

The tall Drowussu straightened himself once more and increased his vigilance...they were not home yet, and caution was still necessary. Alamandorious's eyes scanned over the crowds that parted before them initially, noted how as they got further and further away from the scene of the battle the less aware of what had just occured the townsfolk became.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:50 pm

T'al faltered only once in her step, as she felt the beginnings of a smile creep across her face. Such compliments were wholly undeserved. She wished to turn and thank him for his words but...it would be unbecoming of a Warden. It would be unbecoming of a Shini'dal, and as a woman of the Kyorl'Solenurn. So it was that she forced the smile back, and continued with her stride, the whole inner conflict having actually lasted just a few seconds. For the Templar, it would seemed more like she'd just twitched or something, then frozen for a heartbeat.

She did however, choose to acknowledge the words. "Thank you for such words once again, Templar. You can be assured that if I call on anyone again for any future endeavours, it would be you." She didn't even really glance back as she spoke, but instead continued walking towards the gradually nearing crowd, her blue orbs absent-mindedly scanning for any hint of Tainted in its midst. However, if there were any, most seemed wise enough to have scampered away as Alamandorious and she went to work.

Then the Templar spoke once more, and T'al actually soured. For most, they would be laughter-inspiring words, but not for her. There were reasons her brother treated her in such a way, and she knew that nothing like this would change his mind. The thoughts only sought to bring her down- there was nothing she could do in her eyes, or many of her family's, to restore what she had lost.

Prasing the silence that followed, her head lowered once more to the book in her hands. Alamandorious would keep watch- she wished to find out just what the Vloz'ress held within its pages. After all, she seemed to have something of a bit of luck with books today.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm

It didn't take much for Alamandorious to realize that he'd hit a sore point with T'al. He winced slightly, reviewing things that he had said...and wondered if, perhaps, commenting on the Warden's pompous ass of a brother was unwelcome. The Drowussu frowned slightly as he thought it over, before shaking his head slightly.

"No...that cannot be the case, as my earlier estimation of her brother produced laughter, not depression," he thought, bringing his hand up to his chin and stroking it thoughtfully,"It must have been the content of the sentence...perhaps her confidence is not what it seems..."

Although he was certain there was far more to the situation than he was able to grasp with the information he had, he decided it would be best not to press the issue. Alamandorious knew when to ask questions, and when to keep his mouth firmly latched shut on a topic...and this was one time were he had to stay silent. He watched the warden quietly from the corner of his eye, and thought that it was sad that someone around the same age as himself seemed to carry such a huge burden.

Despite not asking any further questions, he felt it would be appropriate to appolgize to the Warden, as he had had a negative impact on her mood.

"Warden T’alisania...I seem to have said something that has affected your mood in a negative way," he murmured, looking off to the side as something caught his eye, only to be dismissed a moment later,"I am truly sorry for the disservice I have brought you."

Again he fell silent, once more bringing his full attention to surveying the area. The tall Drowussu's armor made only the faintest amount of noise as he walked in stride with the Warden, its polished surface was surprisingly free of blood from the recent battle. Reaching up with his still bare hand, he untied the strip of cloth holding his long hair in place, allowing his lengths to fall freely once more. Then, putting the cloth into one of his pouches, he put his gauntlet back on as an afterthought.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:54 am

((Sorry. Would of posted yesterday, but then I did a faceplant on the keyboard after posting in the Illhardro fortress thread and I knew enough was enough.))

The book once opened was, on first impression, all a bunch of doodling and notes to self, really not making any sence just by glancing at it. Yet, as soon as it opened a piece of paper fell out of the book and onto the ground. However, unlike the writing in the book (If it could be called that), was neat and organised as if a letter to someone.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:37 pm

Rubbish. The whole tome was nothing but rubbish. The words were incoherant babble- scribbles that bore no sense to them. Mixed in were doodles that might make most children ashamed. The dead Scourge was obviously no artist, and her mind had clearly snapped a bit in her time as a Vloz'ress, given the content of her book. Of course, this was assuming she had written it...but that was of little consequence. About ready to toss the ratty old book, T'al stopped herself as the flutter of paper on the wind caught her ear...

Looking down, she caught sight of a folded piece of paper that had fallen from the pages. Stopping abruptly, she stooped down to pick it up, almost forgetting about the Templar at her back. Then, just as her fingers wrapped about the papyrus, the man's strong voice was carried to her ears. She froze for a moment, his words catching her by surprise. Why does he apologize? He has done no wrong...

"There's no need to apologize, Templar Alamandorious. It's alright. Trust me. I'm not a person one needs to apologize all the time." As she spoke, the Warden carefully tucked the Vloz'ess's tome away in her pack. "If we were always apologizing for things we might have done, we'd never get anywhere. So come, let's put that behind us; now, please stand guard while I have a look at this. Seems the Scourge was hiding something else within her tome."

Tearing her attentions back away from Alamandorious, she carefully unfolded the fallen note, and held it up before her, blue eyes quickly roaming over its words. Whatever secrets the Vloz'ress held within this note would soon be unveiled.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:10 am

Alamandorious nodded slightly, pushing aside other concerns and fully concentrating on watching the area while T'al examined the note. His keen gaze raked over the crowds, watching for any sign of threat to the Warden under his care, so to speak. He was honoured that she was confident in his ability to watch her back, and his vigilence.

OOC: Sorry for the short post after the delay :P
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:35 pm

((No way... I actually wasnt needed at work for once so I got the day off... so there is such a thing called karma... sweet))

The note once opened was clearly not just a scrap of paper. Unlike the book the page was finer and of better quality, possibly even made from a tree from the above world. Also, the words written on it were neat and clear to read unlike the writing in the book. The note read as follows:

To whom it may concern

Thankyou for finally getting rid of rather pesky thorn from our clans side. Already we have tried several assasin groups to deal with this noble for us, and all up to you have failed. The payment you will be recieving will be more then adequate to cover any losses and to fill our pockets after succeeding in a job most have failed to do through the following means.

Below this is a list of instructions and pickup places where it seemed the scourge and the people this letter was going to were going to conduct some sort of exgange. After this infomation the letter continues, saying

Once again you have our graditude for dealing with this annoying Spellsong noble Mal'lisa Illhardro as we will not forget this duty any time soon.

The end of the letter was, however, not signed by anyonr. Nor did it have the address to where the letter was bound.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:41 am

(1. That's ok Alamandorious. 2. I guess fate has to work in your favor sometimes Gelorn :P )

What the...? An assassination? T'al's eyes widened slightly as they roamed the lengths of the note, absorbing and replaying all the information held within. She did not know this Mal'lisa, for obvious reasons, but it was curious to see the Vloz'ress showing such an interest in an Illhardro. What a spellsong might have been doing to earn their ire was anyone's guess. Nevertheless, this was important information that both her mother, and her othr superiors might be interested to learn of.

Glancing back up to Alamandorious, she studied him for a moment before making any further moves. Rising back up from her crouched position, she carefully folded the note and tucked it away into one of her belt pouches. Her hand rose to her chin, rubbing it thoughtfully as she pondered their available options. On the one hand was the most obvious choice: taking the note back to the Citadel, and awaiting the wise decisions of her superiors. On the other hand was the more risky option: setting up an ambush at the spots indicated on the map. The rewards could potentially be greater, but the downsides proved too great...the whens were not indicated on the note, both her templar and she were already somewhat worn from the present fight, and they had no idea how many enemies they would be facing. Distinct disadvantages she did not wish to risk.

Turning back to face Alamandorious, she jerked her head to the right, indicating her desire to move. "Come- it seems our enemies were busy. We need to deliver these items to the Citedel, and inform them of the events that have unfolded...I'll explain the details along the way." Waiting briefly for his response, she then turned upon her heel and began to move away, heading deeper into the increasingly crowded regions of the Leisure Area.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Faithen » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Amongst all this business, the slow and steady step of the Vel'sharen diplomat entered. His steps silent, intentional. his given manner of stealth wasn't really much more then the man occupying himself. he wasn't an assassin or a spy, but at such a slow pace in his soft leather boots it was quite possible for such a man.

Over all, he was unnusually monochrome. it was impractical, even for stealth such blatant uniform black, from his skin to his hair. if it weren't for his dull red eyes it wouldn't be hard to guess the limber, whispy drow to be a shade or spirit of some type. he was just a drow.

Those dull red eyes , which had been lazing more or less infront of him, darted attentively to the given comotion. A smile spread on his whispy uncolored and naturally dark lips. Luck wasn't normally one of his skills, and he was a man of many skills. to be entering just as a drowussu and her company made haste to exit. Now that was luck.

his almost sullen steps carried him towards the pillar, drifting carelessly around the crowds and clusters of people. he found his seat, right against the pillar of light casting his shadow. closing his eyes he leaned back, and the illusion was complete. even with all of the ambient light, the object that cast the small shadow was not much more then a shadow itself. His ears open, and every so often his dull red eyes lazily opening to look about.

Relaxing for the most part, he had his fair share of matters to get involved with had he the urge, but still he was looking for something new, something to learn from, some one to learn from. Or maybe it was just some one to use, even if that meant one and the same thing.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 pm

((Resurrecting Dee from the retirement because I have use for him now and have not yet replaced him))

Dee had been wandering rather aimlessly since the Sharen fortress, he'd been wasting his time there, so why not waste it somewhere where he would not have to endure the horrifically pathetic wit of a brat less than a third his age. There were Drowussu around, and he had been watching from a safe distance while the battle ensued, his aura would have stood out if they were not already preoccupied.

He was not only tainted, but violently tainted, and perhaps a little cracked because of it, yet still he had the sense about him to wonder just what the abyss those drowussu were thinking as, after they had left, he approached and sealed the demons they had unleashed into the world by killing these Vloz'ress. Oh yes, he carried sealed demons too, and that was more than a death sentence.

He wore a thick cloak, the black purposeful to show allegiance to a clan that he himself was having doubts in, heavy hobnailed boots scarred the cavern floor and he did not flinch as he entered the light, and here there was silence, he never knew why but this close to the pillar there was never anyone, and he liked it that way.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive