Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Ulnan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 am

((...))

Ulnan growled as he was totally ignored, this man was infuriating, but for now there was the problem of a full fledged demon that was tearing across the area and there could very well have been something going on, better to keep everyone alive than to wait for someone to die.

The armored male guided his mount forward and charged the beast, his dragon rearing back and launching itself forward to take a bite out of it, once Ulnan heard the jaws snap closed whether on flesh or air he pulled on the reigns to guide the mount to turn to the side and took a swipe to hopefully remove a limb.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Raeklore » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Unaware as to how hard her heart(s) were pounding, or the punishment her body was taking to keep her going at this speed; Eapoe kept running.

Suddenly, "My spear!" Some part of her mind broke through the haze. It reminded the drider that when she fell, that her last ties to Tyleth, the mother that she/he had loved, had been dropped. It was also only tie to her past as a biped. It was a wickedly barbed spear, and it was her most prized possession.

Suddenly, she turns off and leaps, springing off of the side of building; to keep from slamming into it. She begins, the process of looping around and back to her place of impact.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Meska369 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:15 am

Running was not as fun as it usually was for Meska. The pain potion had worked, but but it only dampened what hurt you, but never erased what injury you may have. She increasingly became more and more aware that the adrenaline in her blood was beginning to fade, even with a demon snapping at her heels. The sudden ceasing of the chase by it was not helping either. She didn't care what had stopped it nor, she decided, should she. The hybrid had decided to turn away from chasing poe when the demon had followed her, but now it didn't seem necessary so she continued her chase after the Drider with relish. Her usual concern for the public's health and well being, having been super ceded by Poe's, just was not there anymore.

I'm coming... I'm coming...

PayLor, who had been following, was only some 20 feet behind her mistress and now gaining fast was chittering wildly at her friend. The beast had stopped and was still attempting to get through. was the image Meska got.

She sent back the image to keep following just as Poe started to to turn around.

What in the fourteen hells is she DOING???

Her miss-matched eyes followed the Drideress's and saw the spear up on the second tier, just bearly laying over the edge.

The spear? Why the stupid spear? She searched her memory for any reason why as she closed the gap further with a new burst of adrenaline. Then she found the conversation and the reason was crystal. It all she has left of her former life. ...Damn....

A quick image send to her Spider with an urgent chitter for urgency.

She was almost to the grey skinned woman with legs of eight. Meska waved her arms as she got in-between Poe and her spear and said as loud as she could, " POE! POE!!! Look AT ME!", her right hand came up and did the universal sign for looking at ones eyes... two fingers directed at them... and continued, "PALOR is getting IT! SHE IS GOING TO BRING IT TO YOU! TURN YOUR THORAX AROUND AND KEEP RUNNING!".

She would tackle her if she had to, but the Half-breed didn't want to do that. Poe might get hurt worse and that simply was not what was best. Still, getting eaten by a demon was worse, so she would do what she had to.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 am

Dee stood back and watched as the Sharen went about their work, he was impressed as anyone would be seeing the Sharen heavies going about their business, just every male was a combat machine in that clan.

The demon roared as the dragon's jaws clamped around one of its legs, the shield shattered as it would defend itself now and there was a sickening pop as its leg was wrenched from its socket and fully off the beast, it turned to lash out only to have a sword slice its face. Of course, this wouldn't stop it at all as it used all of its significant power to charge into the dragon's flank and hopefully tip it over.

The summoner wiped the blood from his face once more and gave a deep breath.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Raeklore » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:44 am

Running, running, running, and then a figure ahead of her. And then the most comical of things, as eight, giant, super-adrenaline charged spiderlegs, trying to backpeddle. "Me'ska...?"

The hybrid spoke, but the words came though a dark, steam-filled tunnel, to her mind. So her response was not immediate. Eventually, she grabs the hybrid drowess in a big hug and kisses her cheek. "Thank you". Is all she says.

Then, she rears back up, and turns around; while shifting how she's holding Me'ska. This is followed up by.

Running, running, running...
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Meska369 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:56 pm

Meska found herself in the exceedingly strange position of being picked up and run with in a large Drider's arms. While she was not normally the type of person who ever allowed such a thing and only when she was incapacitated had it happened last, part of her filled up with a strange need to relax and curl up as she was carried. This both disturbed and caused a tiny bit of joy inside her as she grabbed tightly to the woman as they fled, a pinkish shade coloring her cheeks.

She could see L'Tuaint'T as they passed by under them and she waved and shouted up, "We will be at Lady Joth'Alan'ad Tent of Healing in the market. I'll explain everything there! Keep away from that thing!", indicating both the direction of the market and the demon.

She watched as they left the pillar of light, her body sore and her energy level beginning to fade, the demon turning to face it's new enemies. A human male ran along side Poe and the hybrid looked down at him. He didn't seem to be attacking. He kept looking over his shoulder to the other Drider. She surmised that he was no threat and pushed him out of the forefront of her mind.

"Poe. We need to get to the healers tent. You know which one. Put me down and we can get there faster.", Meska said into her ear. even as she said the words, she hated the thought of being let go just now. The tavern, the kidnapping, and now the Damon had all strained her almost too much. All she really wanted to curl up and sleep somewhere next to poe where it was save to do so.

------------------------------------------

PayLor redirected her legs and crawled up to the first tier. The spear was being looked in any way as the demon was the draw of everyones attention. This made her job easier.

30 seconds later, after wrapping the weapon on a couple of layers of her strong thread, she was off again. The spears tail skidded along behind her, pulled along by the threads attached to her back. The head of the spear had be affixed there and was pointing up at an angle. She knew where to go. Her friend always headed to the tent with the drow that made her feel better.

Eight legs moved swiftly as she climbed up the tiers and headed out past L'Tuain't and his friend.

(OOC, MARKET HERE WE COME!)
Last edited by Meska369 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Raeklore » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Poe was pushing to hard, that combined with her stange drider physiology made the pain killers unable to keep up. Her mind was still fuzy from the strength of the drug, but, that really wasn't a good thing...at this time.

At the hybrids request, the drider put her down; on the opposite side of the human. Her speed was starting to slow abit, in direct proportion of the increase in pain. She heeded Me'ska's directions though. To head away from the pillar and towards the healer's tent. "Why hadn't I thought of that place earlier?" She thought to herself.

(OoC: continuing in the Klar'bol Market)
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Kalandrin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Noticing E'apoe's escape, Kalandrin gave a quick signal to Gosser to follow her, as she unsheathed her secondary weapon and moved away from the melee chaos as quickly as she could, trying not to lose the hybrid, the waelinder and the human. She had some beating to deliver and questions to ask, but above all else, seek some permanent protection from damned demon cultists, at least for today.

((Raw. On to Klar'bol.))
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kembaru » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:20 pm

((Wrapping this up...))

"Such thankless work... I wonder how it is the greyskins do this all the time..." Dee said as he slipped his cloak around his shoulders and took a deep breath.

The demon's push was made short as the other Sharen guards moved to flank the beast, in its rage it didn't note the other three sneaking around because they were just one more thing it could not eat, and therefor thought was another demon, possibly come to help, but really that was another matter.

First its limbs were hacked off one by one, the killing blow was dealt by Ulnan as he severed is beaked head cleanly from its neck in a ride-by attack when it reared up one last time to try and fight back the swarming opponents, then, a flash of red light and the sound of specially muffled metal sliding on itself and it was over, just one more corpse in the streets that would be picked clean in moments by the common filth.

"Now I ask you L'tuain't, who is the bodyguard out of the two of you? Seems you've done more to protect the halfbreed than she has done to protect you."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:15 am

He smiles and pat Dee on the shoulder, looking over at Ulnan and the three guards.
Honestly, shes more of a companion like you. I don't put in trouble unless i have people to back me up.. for the most part. as much as i enjoy conversing with you, I have some clansmates to talk to, and reward. I Will be back, or if you like you can continue to the market. or wait here, i won't be long.

He as he said, walked up to the guards, talking to them for a short matter of time, he gave them a some of the gems in the bag meska had given him, and the promise to give praise about them to their superiors. after just a little small talk, and the three vel'sharen women walking away, he turned to Ulnan

Quite Impressive, Sorry for ignoring you earlier, i just don't talk to warriors when they are about to go into battle, It's not wise to distract your champion. as to your question, Yes, it was worth a single stubborn Vloz'ress life. I was in the middle of getting a body guard, as you can see I am without, And I believe i can make this one trust me.. and be able to trust her. that is invaluable. Now how would you like to be rewarded, monetary? or perhaps you'd have some superiors I could put in a good word for, or maybe you'd rather have some work? You have done me a great favor, and i will return in kind if possible.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Ulnan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 am

Ulnan neatly dismounted his dragon as he was approached by this noble, notably unlike most of the other grunts he wore heavy robes and a fur-lined cloak over his sealing armor, his face not concealed by the draconic helmet, but his features were just as harsh.

He removed a pile of parchment from a pocket somewhere about his person and handed them to L'tuaint, they were warrants for the capture of traitors and criminals against the clan, posters that were put up when someone pissed off the wrong person so that everyone would be out to get them.

"I do what I have to, but information is useful, have you seen any of these people?" He asks, and notably one of the posters was for the drider Meska had run to protect.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Faithen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:33 am

He looked through all of them, quirking his eyebrow at the drider, pointing it out.

I've Seen this one, How ever Let me Handle it, and what is the sentance on her, dead? alive? and lastly. Either way strings will be pulled, And I will need your help. Please remember to act on cue. If money is your reward, You will have it, if it is the serving of the Sharen Law, Remember that we Nobles make the law, and make them in interest of our own strength.

Please note my friend, that I would not be interfereing if i didn't have a Vested interest in a related person, should they give flight.. which they probably won't as they are wounded, I won't stand between you and your bounty. If i can Reconcille this peacefully, please let me do my job.

That was it, his tone o voice switching from firm and resolute to a more comprimising tone as it was neccessary, how even he didn't bother to use his high art, One it just wouldn't be wise to piss off the large Lizard rider without any sort of reliable protection, two Heavily tained drow were just damned resistant to the subtle art.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Ulnan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Ulnan grinned a nasty grin and took back the warrants with a calm ease, sliding them back into his cloak pocket, this was a big one as he himself had issued that and as such he wouldn't have to pay up when he took the greyskinned bitch's head.

"The sentence is no different than for any other crime. All I need is for you to take me to her, I'm certain you have more valuable things to do with your time than to mingle with those who disrupt the peace of our alliance with the Vloz'ress."

He pulled himself up on to his dragon once more, and it grunted under the weight of him, giving a rumbling growl.

"And if you have interest in someone who may flee, I'm sure that I can prevent them from doing so." He patted what appeared to be a meathook on the end of a chain attatched to his saddle, "Just give the word."
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Faithen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:27 pm

To this he smiled, even chuckled at the friendly if gruesome gesture. Ahhah.. things aren't that simple, as pleasant as that would be, Some times i wish i was taken into the Caste of the warrior, rather then the Scholar and diplomat. It's so much more simpler, and often enough less deadly.

To explain the situation a little, I am trying to engender a willing partner with no allegiances but to me. Saddly this drider seems to be a friend whom she shares a life debt with. Needless to say, as much as i would like to just leave her to the law.. god knows it would be easier, I'm afriad with my current goals I can't. Should she agree to the terms of accompanying me as a prisoner of sorts. I will pay your bounty, and work the diplomacy of gifts and such in compensation. This is agreeable with you, I hope.

as i said, if she runs She will be all yours, but i would like to try this my way.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Ulnan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:13 am

"I understand, however know that this one is trouble, and her friends are likely to be just that as well, if you wish then I can make sure that the death of her friend shall never be linked to you. Grief can be used to great effect in such dealings."

The dragon shifted a little impatiently beneath him and Ulnan pulled on the reins.

"Just lead the way and I shall follow your lead."
Ulnan
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive