Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Leisure Area and the Pillar of Light [PUBLIC]

Postby Faithen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:50 am

(daggers o.o of dispelling! she got the stabbing stuffles, no hamstrings for YOU mister soul seeker sir!))
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:06 am

((Your dispelling daggers should be more well noted out Meska, neither Ulnan (who tried to jack the thread for those of you who are reading this and didn't note his post for whatever reason) nor I noted it. Make a point to describe how you bust through shielding before you describe the wounds you inflict.))

The Seeker fell hard and fast in a rage, his legs had given out on him and no matter how numb he was due to the taint it was infuriating, however his assault was far from over, Meska was at his legs and he was on the ground facing his target, the Sharen guards advancing.

If this was his dying moment, then so be it, he'd go out with a bang, a very large bang indeed as he dropped an axe and raised a palm, focused all his mana and a blast of energy eminated from his outstretched hand, the ground cracking beneath him as the beam of reddish light tore through the air towards E'apoe. Meska would note that the Seeker's other hand was suddenly free of its gauntlet and the fingers beneath were more claws than hands.

A Vloz'ress was always reluctant to die.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Meska369 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:27 am

(sorry hun. I sometimes mix up my details all around. Didn't mean to make you confussald. *looks at watch...OH CRUD!* it's the time I should be waking up, not till up from day before!!!)

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:29 am

((Minor details is a lesser matter, don't worry about it. :S ))
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:35 am

Kalandrin patiently returned the second weapon of hers at its sheath, leaving only a sadistic, decisive smirk on her face. "Soul-seeker, is it?" she thought. "We'll see what kind of soul-seeker... Kalandrin doesn't give up easily, tainted scum." Suddenly, the light reflected on her eyes gabve them some kind of abnormal glow, though this war more a visual illusion marking decisiveness than anything else. In her memory, she knew well what the cultists could do, as well as the Sharen - after all she had encountered both pieces of Ha'le shit during the Nindraa'chal war. But sixteen years ago, she had yet to kill someone all on her own.

Embracing the push backwards by the Vloz'ress, Kalandrin shut all her eyes and brought herself as down as possible, as though she wanted to spend as little of her attention on anything but what was preparing. It was difficult, and she did not know what would come out of it, however she focused on the babbling, shielded Soul-seeker for as long as the Sharen and the Vloz'ress chatted with one another, eventually preparing but not yet unleashing a powerful dispelling, as well as a ruthless headache in her mind. "You'll pay for this" she muttered mentally. "Not a single more time..."

It came as a surprise when the beast was halted by some suicidal maniac, however Kalandrin found a new target for her prepared dispel just as when she was ready to give up on it. "Sharess, protect your children..." she muttered as she unleashed all the energy she had concentrated, trying to get the blast disappear, not knowing what results would it produce. "To gain something, you must sacrifice something else... To sacrifice something, you must gain something and sacrifice it as well..." she thought, trying to figure out what was she doing. Hopefully, even if the blast was not completely dispelled, it would be reduced just enough to let E'apoe survive it.

And if that beast still lived after that, Kalandrin promised herself to feast with his blood, as well as whoever else managed to piss her off for that matter. Her words - 'not a single more time' - were powering her up with determination, as the sound of Sharen guards filled the atmosphere. She could remember what had happened sixteen years ago - but this time, if it was brought to that, she would choose death over chains dragging whoever she could along with her.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:59 am

((This is only just getting started.))

Dee was rather impressed by this woman, of course had he not intervened that shield would have worked, tainted mana would have just eaten that enchantment, and Dee had taken away his tainted mana when he first showed. In hindsight he probably shouldn't have dispelled all the mana on him, as his sealing armor was beginning to crack.

The blast was dispelled. Mostly, what was left of it would at most knock the target over rather than reduce them to their steaming base elements.

"I suggest we step back." Dee said, the only summoner present and he didn't even need to think about what was happening to know it was dangerous.

The demonic maw of a mouth guard had bent outwards to play host to a bony hawk-like beack, a long forked tongue lashed in and out to taste the air, the metal backplate of the plate cuirass crumbled under the presence of long bony limbs ending in fierce scything talons that made the redundancy of its legs quite redundant in itself, its arms now buldging under skin that had split due to the rapid mutation, a line of spines erupting down its spinal column and its legs cracked and gained an additional joint and it stood unsteadily, hunched forward on its new limbs.

It's chest swelled beneath the breastplate's remains and it roared with ear splitting volume. It was a tactic used occasionally by the Vloz'ress, the demonic equivalent of suicide bombers where a tainted fanatic would unleash their seed in a crowded area so as to inflict massive damage. It still held an axe, which implied some sort of intelligence...
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Meska369 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:51 pm

(hey guys. I tried to post this earlier, but I coulden't get the sight to come up till now.

I believe that Myself, Faithen, and Kem have UNINTENTUALY RAILROADED and hyjacked this thread without leaving Kaladrin and Gosser male servant to have enought time to post what they were going to do at the differing times. I know we didn't do this malishisly, but rather in excitements and attempts to *JACK* the situation. LOL.

I wish to pose an idea to resolve this inequity that we have made...

I would like for us to either repost the posts me made right before we started doing multiple posts over thier turn in the posting rotation.

I think this will solve the problem as I see it. I only realize this last night and even had a nightmare about this. I will not post again until the group talks about this.

OR, if Kalidan and Gosser do not mind, then we can contenue. I just don't want them to feel left out.))
Last edited by Meska369 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:15 pm

((I'd say no myself. I don't see any hijacking here, just some chain-posting needed by everyone once in a while... Plus, it has turned events in an interesting manner, so I'd rather have my character drag Meska aroung and threaten to make her a lunch (since, technically, she spoiled her lunch :P ) than re-do the tiresome Soul-seeker fight... :P I'd post now but I guess that Gosser also has a say in this. As such I'll postpone my fancy cleaving until later.))

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:09 pm

((As far as I can tell, Gosser has been tending to E'apoe who is under anasthesia and was having serious self dooubt as to the effectiveness of her only weapon left, Kalandrin has rallied well enough, and really it would pretty much come to the same outcome.))
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Meska369 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:20 pm

(I'm talking to Kalidren now. She's ok with continuing, so I'm ok too. Just wanted to make sure they were not upset about the chain posting and she's is not. So, I'm READY....)

Meska was as surprised as anyone else that the knives had worked and stated as much,"It worked???", in her bewilderment.

The Mana blast horrified her, but when it was dispelled a few moments later her soul lightened in joy. Someone else is helping me!!! Thank the Goddess! She took a quick look around and noticed the other drider, the human over with Poe, and the approaching Sharen Guards.

YES!.

The Seekers transformation brought her attention back to the task at hand. OH CRUD! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!! (Monty-Python's Holy Grail reference)

The hybrid did a hard push-up and rolled up and back over a split (leg split..she limber) and onto her back. She used her momentum and her legs for an extra boost so that she was almost ready to flip over her head. She pushed up with her arms again into a hand stand. Meska flipped over and over as she backed up away from the Demon. Once she was far enough away, she sheathed her daggers and did a zig zag run around the monster as she go farther and farther from it.

The woman located her friend and put on a boost of speed.

I'm coming Poe. I'm coming.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Raeklore » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:03 am

(OoC: DAMN! First you guys rapid post all night long (either that or you're not EST) and then I couldn't post this morning...page wouldn't load right :c So much I woulda like to have tried to do...Oh well...Game on.)

Not questioning what they were, putting her trust in the her hybrid friend, E'apoe takes the potions. It isn't easy getting the stoppers off of the potions, but, Poe managed to drink them down. Blessedly, they work fast and Poe's limbs begin to respond to her again.

And then the concussive strikes, slaming her back. Her beastial instincts kick in, as she uses the momentum of the impact to twist herself around. She thus lands on her (many) feet in a low, defensive position.

The effects of the drugs, have thrown her perceptions off. She's not really thinking, just acting. But, a thought rises, the words of Me'ska to meet away from here. If she was in her right mind, she'd stay, but...she's not. Her mind is so hazy, she's not even aware of the threat posed by the suicidal Vlozzie, but her body is energized and unaware that it shouldn't be able to move; so she runs.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby kembaru » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:50 am

((Sorry Raek, I get bored so I rapidpost.))

Dee watched on with little enthusiasm, probably having the best idea of everyon present as to the inner workings of what demons could call a mind he folded his gauntlets in front of his chest and gave commentary.

"What you have to understand about demons, and probably do, is that they are always hungry."

The demon propped itself up on its knees and leaned forward, keeping itself in motion using its newfound insect-like legs that had sprouted from its back, Meska was running away and with a surprising turn of speed, matching her move for move and always keeping half a heartbeat behind her as she flipped and zigzagged, occasionally swinging the axe or a clawed hand, snapping its beak and always just barely missing her, but it was not for a second out of melee range with her.

"And they go for the biggest meal. Now..." Dee looked around, "Everyone here is tainted, and they cannot devour tainted auras, so they go for what is pure and nourishing to them, they go for the biggest source they can find first."

The beast drew back a clawed hand as Meska neared E'apoe, all she had done was draw it closer, and it was fast too, more so as it was gaining ground as it began to use its mangled rear legs and lashed out, its claws clashing with something just barely visible, like a transperant red curtain hanging in the air. Meska and E'apoe would start to gain some ground.

"I don't know why you want to protect this crazy halfbreed L'tuain't. But you owe me for that."

It was a wall of tainted mana, and it blocked off the way to Meska and E'apoe, they were safe as long as they put some distance between it and them, enough distance for the beast to decide that it would be more economical effort wise to go for the next closest source of mana that is.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Faithen » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:51 am

To this, a smile crawled on his lips, and then he shook his head
Ofcourse friend, you think i could Honestly help your clan if you didn't have use? A persuasive talker i may be, but even with that I couldn't Persuade my fellow nobles, the ones in charge, into truelly assisting you, if you didn't provide something i could say was beneficial. Though I must ask, What would you want first that we can give you, soldiers perhaps? either way, what do we need to effectively seal this demon?
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby kembaru » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:05 am

The thing with tainted mana was, that in order to sustain it you needed to keep pumping it full of the stuff that devoured it, it was tiring to use and as the wall was sustained and the demon kept back a drip of blood began to pour from his right nostril under the effort of keeping the barrier up, the demon smashing itself against it wasn't helping him as he kept it strong.

"Military might counts for much, we'll talk." Dee said, wiping his face, "For now however you will find that sealing the demon is impossible as it is, you will need to hack its corpse into pieces before its aura can be removed and stored."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:14 am

Kalandrin grunted angrily and caught her yataghan with both her hands rather than going for a two-weapon fight this time. Her plans had just been blocked by a mana shield it would take her too long and too much to dispel, plus it would cause her more troubles if she did. Once again, the Ne'kalsaider adapted a defensive position with her legs, having raised the front and back pairs in a manner implying they had many more uses than simply allowing her to walk. And they did, in fact, even biologically-wise. Making slow, steady steps towards the bulk of Sharen troops, she caused a light be created right behind the demon's face, towards the direction her and the grunts were at. Perhaps it could work to guide that beast wherever she wanted, and let the Sharen shit take care of it afterwards.

"Gosser! Try to get E'apoe outta here!" Kalandrin commanded, allowing the human to understand whatever he wanted by her words, even though she implied he could get her to her own nest at the fortress. That would be, after all, a safe location. Unless that lunatic had a better plan? If anything, she had a good deal of beating up to deliver once all this was over, and to more than just a single person. The thought, plus the feeling that lunch time was possibly approaching, made her smirk sadistically and glare using all her nine eyes upon the clawed demon-beast.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive