Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Burning City -Surface-

Re: Burning City -Surface-

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:46 am

Shit.

Wre'kesa swore under his breath as the Platoon snapped to full alertness and began to move in the direction of the sound.

"Warning!! Incoming platoon!! Attack or evade?!" signed Wre'kesa, readying his crossbow and centering it on the enemy platoon commander.

((Seriously, send the kids out! They can run distraction while Trinita and Wre'kesa set up an ambush and Warwick steals the cart!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Warwick began looking around a bit fanatically, trying to see which way she should go. "Not good, Trinita your in charge, so take the lead and I'll be right behind you!" Warwick felt it was better to just trust the ones trained for this situation, as the only other option she had was to run and hide.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 am

There were four word Trinita thought he never hear on a battle feild. "Get into that alley." He told the children in their human tounge and pointed in the direction. They have to leave Wre'kesa on the roof tops. They cant wait for him, since they dont have much choice in the matter. Hopefully He can take care of himself... hopefully.

Trinita waved for Warwick to follow, having no time to tell her his plan in drow. He led ran down the dark Alley. They could hear the soliders fighing the thugs for the cart, seemingly losing interest in the group. Even the few who cought just a glimps of them. They liked easy loot over chasing it.

Suddenly Trinita saw a something in the dark. WIthout thinking about it, he lashed out with his sword.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Alric » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 am

In the confusion, Vithar had been separated from the rest of the Raiders. Seeking to get away from the attackers and find and regroup with the other drow, Vithar had slipped through the alleys of the city, staying out of sight and away from the invaders.

Before he could recognize them, two shapes ran into the alley before the veteran Highland Raider. One of them drew his sword and attacked, almost without looking. Vithar sidestepped the blow and raised his own sword to stab at his foe, halting when he recognized his assailants.

"Thank the goddesses. I was just about to skewer you like a hog. Where are the others, Trinita?" asked Vithar, looking about to see if any of the humans were around. The attackers were currently engrossed in looting what they could.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:05 am

Wre'kesa squinted as he was given carte blanche to do whatever.

The soldiers were just mopping up the original looters of the supply cart. There were a few casualties, but it seemed that the overall strength of the platoon, which Wre'kesa now saw was no more than forty some lightly armored basically-cannon-fodder, was intact.

Wre'kesa took aim with his crossbow. Deep breath. Let it out slowly... fire.

*tch-CLACK*

"Headshot!" Wre'kesa said to himself as the bolt pierced throw the platoon leader's helmet and out the other end. There was little cohesive reaction to this occurrence, as fully a quarter of the rebels immediately dropped their weapons and fled (pressganged, perhaps?), another quarter actually took cover, and the remaining half of the platoon stared at the suddenly dead body.

Wre'kesa put his crossbow aside and clicked his fingers, generating a spark that he quickly fed into a fireball. This he slung with a grunt of exertion into a squad's worth of rebels ((8 troops)). There was a flash, then a loud WHUMP as the fireball "popped" sending flame ballooning out and scorching the enemy troops. Much screaming was heard as a substantial number of them began to flee.

Sorcery was very useful for demoralizing rebels.

This left about 10 troops who were hiding in cover. In any other situation, this would still be a serious conundrum. For example, taking on a squad of ten Raiders alone would have been dangerous and likely fatal, and it had to be admitted that fighting 10 Sharen Dragon-riders alone was ridiculously suicidal. But the cart was still there, the pack animal having been hobbled by the first group of looters while they took stock of the cart, and the soldiers in cover weren't going to be moving. It would be simple enough to shank them in sequence, take the cart, and move on.

"Moving to secure cart," signed Wre'kesa as he strapped on his crossbow and began to run across the roofs. "Back my play?"

((Possibly-considered-god-modding justified by the original description of the rebels as "light armor, spears and daggers", indicating that they weren't very well equipped, meaning that they were probably more cannon fodder than they were actual soldiers. Additionally, professional soldiers don't pillage until the campaign is complete (exe: Roman Legions), so these guys were probably AWOL, another sign of a lack of proper training. Additionally, observe conflicts in South America and Africa for the press-ganging I mentioned.

Additionally, having your platoon commander shot from seemingly nowhere, then having a fireball magically appear and kill off eight of your buddies is pretty damn terrifying if you're not trained to take the heat.))
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Dice Warwick » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Warwick decided ti would be best so just stay out of the way, and keep an eye one the children, let the trained solders do all the combat stuff. "Let me know when it's safe, and then I'll lead the younglings to the cart" Her had was firmly on the hilt of her sword, and her poster was read to combat, it was real all she could to to not seem nervous.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 pm

(If a city has to be sieged by the example of Roman soilders. By refusing to surrender they could expect no mercy. They could Rape and Pillage. This was the leginoary's reward for the hardship and dangers of a siege and It deters other cites from fighting them.)

Trinita almost went pale as a drowssus. He could belive that he attempted to take Vithars life and vise versa. Adamantly Trinita probably came no where close to killing Vithar. Damn these dark human alley's, he cursed to himself.

"You telling me." he gulped "I have Warwick and a bunch of children with me. I lost Wre'kesa on the roof tops back there, trying to evade a platoon worth of soldiers." Trinita couldn't help but feel the guilt stab into him. But he couldn't wait for him and get himself and Warwick killed in the process.

"I don't know were the others are." Just then he could hear the commotion of human dying and scattering. What was that about? Turning around he caught Wre'kesa signals Moving to secure the cart .... Back my play. What? Hes got to be kidding.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:35 am

At this point Warwick seemed to be covered in young Halms, the youngest in her arms, and the rest holding onto her clock, Warwick herself did not look happy about the situation. It was easy to sea that Warwick did not know how she should respond to the children, yet her attempts at comforting them were at leas effective enough that they did not panic when near her, heeping them from making any noise that would attract any enemy's.

"I know we need to be careful, but at this point I say kill all opponents in our way, and take what we need. You know, before I go mad with all thees kids on me..."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 pm

"Right." He nodded at Warwick and the children "Stay here, we'll go get the wagon. If we don't come back were dead." Trinita crept over to were the wagon was and found it abandoned. What soldiers that were left were either dead or dying. The other it appears, ran off with some of the supplies but left the cart.

What ever Wre'kesa did, he scared them good.

Taking the Mule by the reins, he moved the cart back to the alley. The beast was stubborn and took some coaxing but he managed to move back to the Ally to Warwick and the children. "This is all that's left. If we ration it we should be able to make it to the next town."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Vithar scanned the rooftops, seeing no one in particular. "Yeah. Those bastards are burning and killing anything that gets in their way. Best to stay out of sight with so many around." He was concerned with the absence of the other drow. They had to go look for them. It'd be extremely difficult to get out of this alive with just the three of them. Wre'kesa had run off to recover some of their supplies that had gone missing during the attack. Hopefully they hadn't been carried off by the invaders yet.

He turned to Warwick, who was currently dealing with the children. "Glad you see it my way. We'd have an easier time of it if the others were alive and with us, though."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 pm

((Sigh... sorry for the delay on my part. Writer's block is a *****.))

"Whew," sighed Wre'kesa as he pulled his blade out of the last halme. "Well, I was hoping they'd die quickly enough that we could get all the supplies... but this works too." He hopped onto the roof and ran over, hanging over the edge to talk to Trinita, Warwick, and Vithar.

"So, now that we're getting ready to leave, what gate do you wanna leave by?

Judging from what I saw while wandering around, it seems like the Eastern Gate is going to be most difficult to leave by. It's being guarded by the Rebels, but we can probably blow through if we get a good run up. The Western and Northern gates have been destroyed and there's some rubble we'd need to clear, but there's no guards. The Southern Gate is held by the Loyalists, who are evacuating the civilians. Like I said before, I think we should try and make our way through to the Southern Gate while pretending to be slave traders, then let the kids go at the next town or something. Any ideas?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Trinita looked up at the roof tops at Wre'kesa, relived to see he was alive. "Commander we should consider taking one of the destroyed gates if there empty. I imagine most of the 'Loyalists' have either turned into rioters or have abandoned the city with the rest of the population. Who I imagine have no supplies and are fleeing in the desert."

"They might not think twice about trying to kill us and steal our supplies." Now that Trinita had a moment and didn't have to watch his back. Trinita did a less rushed and more proper check on the wagon and found that there was a little more then just food in here. There was a locked chest as well.

(Dont be afraid to make up what ever happens at what ever the gate we go to. Just remeber we do have to leave the city alive :) )
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 am

Warwick gave Vithar a agreeing look "ya, a Sarghress squad could cut through most of thees poorly trained goblin guards and rioters, but with only three of you, and not a woman among you all, I hope we don't run into anything dicey"

The children began to climb into the wagon with some help from Warwick, each one finding a spot for them selves. Seeing the chest that Trinita had discoverer, she turned to him and smiled. "Looks like we might have something worth protecting there" Warwick climbed into the wagon and pulled one of her daggers. "so anyone wants to try to crack this open before we move on out?"
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 am

"Shoot it with a crossbow bolt?" asked Wre'kesa. "That usually has enough force to punch through a lock. Especially since this is crappy goblin steel and not Drow Alloy."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Chaos, distractions everywhere. Ilnari'se could see fires starting in several places nearby casting strange shadows. She headed through the city sticking mainly to the darker streets to avoid the looters. There was no sense in fighting them, she just wanted to leave this place and meet up with the others outside the walls. Assuming they were all ok.

Something fell down on her head from a nearby roof. She wasn't sure what it was but it smelled foul and she was determined to have a nice long shower at the earliest opportunity. Peering up she could see nothing and listening told of nothing nearby just the sounds of screaming, shouting and crying some distance away to the right, West she thought but she couldn't be certain. Her feet carried her further away from the noise and into a mess of tangled little alleys until after having turned so many corners she heard something welcome and familiar: her own tongue, they were speaking quietly but there was no mistaking it. She headed towards it, then after checking around to make sure there were no others nearby she gave a soft call "Oy Raiders!"

Why were there a bunch of goblin kids hanging off Warwick and scrambling into a wagon? What was the wagon for anyway? She really couldn't say, but that hardly mattered when she saw who was there safe and sound.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive