Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Burning City -Surface-

Re: Burning City -Surface-

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Wre'kesa looked over at the assembled goods and raised an eyebrow.

"That's not impressive at all," he said with a smile. "Assuming we don't get killed, it's certainly possible to use this to hitch a ride with whoever is over there. I volunteer to take a look, if you want, Trinita."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 pm

"No its not food or water, but its the third best thing." Trinita smiled brightly for the first time since they left. "Here catch!" He said as he tossed her one of the silver cups. "We can use these for ship passage or buying for food. Theres a small fortune in here." Granted a goblin fortune but its something to get them home.

Turning to Wre'kesa, Trinita was considered the same thing. "We'll you are the scout here Wre'kesa, if you think your up to it, I say go for it." He reached in and took one of the pouches of gold "Take this for bartering. You may need it. You should also take somebody with you just in case of trouble."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:29 am

Warwick looked at the goods, and smiled a bit. "I rather not look down on trade goods when we have next to nothing, and have a high chance of dyeing do to a lack of necessary supply's." Warwick's movements had gotten a bit slower after she had started sharing some of her rations with the children, but the sign that they may soon have what they need to head on home had put more life in her. "The number one rule of trading is that there is nothing worth more then your own life, serving just means you have another day to earn Ada."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 am

django wrote:"No its not food or water, but its the third best thing." Trinita smiled brightly for the first time since they left. "Here catch!" He said as he tossed her one of the silver cups. "We can use these for ship passage or buying for food. Theres a small fortune in here." Granted a goblin fortune but its something to get them home.

Turning to Wre'kesa, Trinita was considered the same thing. "We'll you are the scout here Wre'kesa, if you think your up to it, I say go for it." He reached in and took one of the pouches of gold "Take this for bartering. You may need it. You should also take somebody with you just in case of trouble."

Wre'kesa gave a salute.

"It will be done, Trinita." Taking the gold, he turned and jogged off in the direction of the camp, making sure to leave a small mana light every few meters to guide his way back. Such tiny lights were, by the oddities of mana, self sustaining for up to an hour, so if Wre'kesa was quick about it he wouldn't get lost.

The camp of the unknowns was in sight. Wre'kesa took a moment to catch his breath before creeping over the next hill...

...to see a heavily armed camp. Damn. Nothing was ever easy, was it? Granted, they may be a heavily armed camp of nomadic traders who were willing to barter passage, but Wre'kesa didn't know enough about halme culture to figure that out. Many years on the surface he may have traveled, but looting and trading are two VERY different things.

"Okay, lots of weapons, mostly spears and daggers. Not the same as the rebels we saw in the city, so that's good. Mixed clothing, indicating a non-military group of individuals, maybe. Tents, really large campfires, and a lot of people milling around," Wre'kesa whispered to himself, noting this in short hand before retreating. He needed to get someone who knew how to speak Goblin before they continued.

----

Back at the drow camp, a few minutes later:

"Guys, there's good news and bad news. Good news is that the group LOOKS like it might be willing to trade. Bad news is that it has lots of weapons. I need someone who speaks Goblin to come with me to figure out what's going on so that I don't get us all killed."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:02 pm

The smell of the sizzling meat was making her mouth water as it cooked. She couldn't wait until it was done. From Trinita's reply the metal cup which she caught but didn't examine she gathered they had something of value to trade. Things were looking up for their little group after a long streak of misfortune. Wre'kesa went off scouting out some group or other one of them had spotted while she had been off checking the traps. There was very little that could have distracted her from the food just at the moment. The little kids were eyeing the food like hungry little wolves too.

~~~~

Wre'kesa came back almost exactly when the first lot of hare was done. "Food's ready. Wrek'esa and whoever's going with get first." She wanted to eat the whole lot herself. One thing she was sure of was that It wasn't her going, she didn't speak a word of goblin. It would probably by her Trinita since he'd been the one talking to locals all along.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Trinita waved Wre'kesa. He wasn't use to giving orders but ever since *Vithar disappeared they needed somebody to lead what remains of this pack back home, he just never imagined he would be the one. The others must have a lot of trust in their healer.

Turning back to Warwick, "Well lets just hope there in a trading mood, and I didn't know you well informed about trading. I guess being a caravan guard for so long you pick things up along the way."

Trinita remained were he was, standing by the wagon, waiting for Wrek'esa to return. And when he did and told him about what he saw, Trinita's mind was busy working on ideas on how to approach them. He knew from the start that he would have to go, since he was the only one left that knew how to speak the Language.

"It sounds like nomads to me." He patted him on the shoulder "Come on. Lets get something to eat first." Sitting down to eat. Trinita explained his plan, "Wre'kesa and I will go to the camp. We'll leave our armor but not our weapons. We don't want to give them the impression were scouts or soldiers in the current conflict. The females will stay with the camp.

"If neither of us don't return to the camp within the hour or so... Were either dead or captured and you should move out and keep heading east." It was one of the hardest things he had to tell his mate, and he almost cracked a little as he looked into her eyes "If that happens, don't rescue or avenge us. Somebody has to tell our clan what happened here."

"And Warwick... I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess. If it wasn't for me you would be back home."

*Vithers not dead, since Alric hasn't posted its just a small explanation to what happened to him.
Last edited by django on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 am

Warwick sighed, "With my luck, I would probably be stuck somewhere else wishing to go home." Leaning back, Warwick got herself back into a confabulation position, conserving her energy for when it was her time to walk.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 pm

django wrote:Trinita waved Wre'kesa. He wasn't use to giving orders but ever since *Vithar disappeared they needed somebody to lead what remains of this pack back home, he just never imagined he would be the one. The others must have a lot of trust in their healer.

Turning back to Warwick, "Well lets just hope there in a trading mood, and I didn't know you well informed about trading. I guess being a caravan guard for so long you pick things up along the way."

Trinita remained were he was, standing by the wagon, waiting for Wrek'esa to return. And when he did and told him about what he saw, Trinita's mind was busy working on ideas on how to approach them. He knew from the start that he would have to go, since he was the only one left that knew how to speak the Language.

"It sounds like nomads to me." He patted him on the shoulder "Come on. Lets get something to eat first." Sitting down to eat. Trinita explained his plan, "Wre'kesa and I will go to the camp. We'll leave our armor but not our weapons. We don't want to give them the impression were scouts or soldiers in the current conflict. The females will stay with the camp.

"If neither of us don't return to the camp within the hour or so... Were either dead or captured and you should move out and keep heading east." It was one of the hardest things he had to tell his mate, and he almost cracked a little as he looked into her eyes "If that happens, don't rescue or avenge us. Somebody has to tell our clan what happened here."

"And Warwick... I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess. If it wasn't for me you would be back home."

*Vithers not dead, since Alric hasn't posted its just a small explanation to what happened to him.

Wre'kesa nodded as he stripped out of his armor. "I'll need to bring the Sarghress Cloak, regardless. It's fucking cold out." He crouched down by the fire and cut off a small portion of the meat, despite his own hunger. Best to eat light, in case they needed to run.

-----

((While we COULD sit and talk for awhile, the plan is pretty sound. I'm going to skip ahead))

"Well, what do you think?" asked Wre'kesa, he and Trinita sitting at the top of a hill overlooking the encampment. Wre'kesa had his dagger sheathed in the small of his back, hidden by the cloak he wrapped around his body to keep warm. "When I came earlier, they had more weapons, but I guess they're settling down for the night. You're better at the whole diplomacy thing, do you have any ideas?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 pm

(Sounds good to me :) )

Trinita stood there quietly as he observed the sleepily camp site in the moon light. A few guards and low camp fires spread out around the tents and live stock; which mostly consisted of goats, camels and the odd small horse. "It looks that way doesn't it." Trinita waved to Wre'kesa to follow "Just watch my back and follow my lead, and cover your face."

Pulling his cloak closer as the wind blew past him. The humans at the camp that were talking by a fire spotted the pair and didn't notice the pair until they were within the light of the fire. The hardened nomads jumped to their feet and lifted their spears and stopped only by Trinita offering them his water skin.

The offer seemed to calm the men down, as they all took Trinita's water skin and drink from it. Trinita blew a sigh of relief on the inside and asked them if they could speak to their leader. The men seemed reluctant at first but did so anyways.

The pair was brought to a tent large tent and an old man with a beards as white as sheep hair walked out and spoke with Trinita and Wre'kesa, and after a long night agree to take them to the city.

(Another time skip just to get us to the city.)

There weren't as may refuges staying in this city as Trinita thought. The few who did survive the traveling across the desert stayed outside the cities walls in a tent city. which wasn't very large compared to what they saw feeling the burning city those two weeks ago.

The port city and the surrounding city states assembled a large army to avenge its fellow city and stop the raping and pillaging happening on their door step. With most of the able body men gone the city gave an empty feeling to Trinita, but at the end of day he didn't care. All he thought about was eating his fill of meat and what ever else the city had to offer. "What do you guys to eating till we cant eat no more." A thin Trinita beamed a tired travel weary smile.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 am

"Disagree," sighed Wre'kesa. "We'll throw up. Best get a loaf of bread and some ale."

Here, by the sea, the air smelled richer. More full of life. In comparison to the seemingly endless days of harsh, dry wind, the humidity was a Goddess-sent gift.

"I see a pub, over there," said Wre'kesa, snagging one of the children who was about to run off. The group of younglings had pulled through, except the one on death's door. While only a few of the once fairly large group of children remained, Being able to save even a few gave Wre'kesa a happy feeling inside.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 am

Two of the children, small girls, still clinged to Warwick, but now out of danger, they were more willing to fallow their frends. Warwick condition had not changed much, still worn-out, but some life had returned to her eyes with the sight of the city, and now with the idea of ale hitting her ears, she couldn't help but crack a smile. "I say as soon as we sell off what we don't need, and find a place to leave the young ones, we have a feast of bread and ale." She laughed, though a week laugh. "just like at the end of a long and poor trading journey, were we have the cheapest food and ale we can buy and have our fill."

Warwick did not feel like explaining that little tradition until she had food and ale in her, though it was about the same as why they should do it now. She had seen enough travailing merchants left on the roads edge begging for food, and how good food is wasted on the starving, as they no-longer care for how it tastes. That and the few times when her caravan would fall on hard times, finally making Ada would make everyone paranoid about loosing the Ada, so the money was highly restricted and to get a feast, everything had to be cheep. But that was good memory's for her, a sign that the bad time was now in the past, and everyone can loosen up.

"trust me, it will be fun, then we can go home"
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 am

(I think this is a good spot for us to call it End to this Rp. I didn't really plan past this part. Unless you guys want more to do with these character. Thanks playing guys. :) )
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 am

(It's an ok end point, though I would have liked to see everyone have their character relax, and expand on their thoughts on the journey. For the most part we all know were things are going, so not much a need to keep the RP going passed here.)
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 am

(Oh we can do that! I just wondering what everyone thought about it. I'm more then happy about to Rp our character getting some R and R.)

Trinita was the first to enter the quite Tavern. Nothing but an old man smoking a pipe and a startled tavern woman cleaning behind the bar. "Greeting. Water and ale for us. Bring food too please." Trinita said excitedly in broken goblin, while laying out a some gold coins for her. He couldn't keep his normally cleaner accent in check.

The woman eyes widened at the sight, as she was still unsure what to make of the black elves true intentions but she swore an oath to some god or goddess and brought the hungry drows and children food, water, and ale. Trinita tore a loaf of bread in half and bit into it, while passing the other half to the drow that happened to sit beside him. "Not bad at all." he said with a mouth full.

(The main course is a goat stew with bread.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Warwick dug in, any food tasted better when starved, and the ale helped get the food down her throat. "So once we leave the children at an orphanage, I'm planning to head back to Raveran. It should be easy to get to a major trade-post from here, and from there, all I have to do is look for the Val'Nal'sarkoth and I'm home-bound." Warwick grinned before biting into another loaf of bread, her spirits back up, and enjoying as much ale as she could drink. "things are looking up."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive