Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Burning City -Surface-

Burning City -Surface-

Postby django » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 am

The city of Kizil was burning. What was once a city rich caravan and trade was getting raped this night. Long plumes of smoke crawled into the night sky as the fires from once well tended gardens of the sultans palace was now burning bright.

The fighting in the streets fell into chaos. A large portion of the Rebel army was made up of black tribes men from the bad lands. Who were the first to be pushed out of their old lands so long ago, while their woman and children were captured and sold into slavery. They were the first to cave in to their hate and blood lust for their long hated enemy.

Trinita was almost lost to this world. He got caught up in a mob of scared peasants trying escape the madness and swept him away from his comrades. It was a fools errand to come back here but Jemilla insisted they restock their supplies after their successful relic hunt. They didn't expect to be caught up in a month long siege.

Tired from running and suffering from a sore arm from hacking limbs off of humans. Trinita took a moment to think and plan for a way out of the city in a dark alley. He still unsure if his comrades were still alive.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Burning City -Surface-

Postby Dice Warwick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:02 am

Warwick somehow found herself stuck what she would guess was an orphanage, with the seven ratty looking goblin children, in a rundown, but not abandoned building. There was much commotion outside, with yelling and screening, and the children were all huddled up, looking at her, probably hoping she would protect them. Looking at them, Warwick guessed that if they were drow like her, they would probably be between the ages of 16 to 20, to small to protect themselves from a mob, and obviously too uneducated to do anything else to protect themselves other then hide.

"Out of the fire, and into a nursery" Warwick sat down and pouted, trying to wrap her brain around what she sould do. Looking back at the children, she knew that they would not just let her leave, not without them, and not being a goblin would make her target number one if anyone pointed her out, so donning on her hood and sneaking out of the city would be impossible at this point. "I so could use a drink...!"

the noises from the outside streets were now at the door, and did not sound friendly. Warwick eminently stood up, and puled her sword and shield, and the children scrambled behind her. "grate, I'm a fighting meat-shield now!" Warwick looked at the door, which was blocked with a bed, and hoped that whoever was on the other-side would move on.

( yay for some movement in the role-play, trained lions was a bit silly, and hared to work with, this story sould be easier for everyone.)
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 pm

The cool thing about being a Skirmisher was that you could basically hide indefinitely. Being trained the art of sniping meant that Wre'kesa was almost completely invisible the moment he chose to do so.

Now the problem was that fighting had scattered the Raiders across the city, and nobody had any idea where to go. Should they leave the city, regroup outside? Fight in the city, form a congealed group, and bust their way through? No idea.

Personally, Wre'kesa preferred the second option. Exfiltrating from combat role to combat role seemed silly and pointless. He climbed a moderately high structure and looked around. Nothing much to see, lots of goblins running around in panic. No drow to speak of, though there was a very interesting situation brewing over to his left. Somebody large and intimidating was leading a group of four in poking around a rather run down looking building. Wre'kesa took stock of his bolts. Plenty of them, and the goblin weapons weren't half-shabby.

Wre'kesa took a knee, keeping his eyes on the goblins, and loaded his crossbow. Shooting things was always fun, and he needed a break from sneaking around.

((Warwick, you have the initiative for combat if you so choose))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Dice Warwick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 pm

((right, I already have in mind what will next.))

the rustled a bit, as whoever on the the other side pushed at the door, to the point that Warwick could hear them getting quit frustrated, but then it stopped, and then the door opened outward!

"Oh fuck me, goblins cant even make a door right.."

Warwick ran to the doorway as the first goblin steeped into view, a male with brown skin, but not as dark as the ones rioting, but covered in some blood, and holding a club covered in blood and some flesh. Using the bed a a boost, Warwick kicked him in the face, sending him falling hard to the ground. Stepping out with her sword pointed, she could see four more goblins, three like the first, and one big guy, who was quit intimidating looking. From where she stood, the goblins were all on one side, closer to the road, so she did not have to worry about them getting behind her, but four to one was not good odds, and that is if their friend dose not get up.

"sorry for the boot the face, but your friend was too damn ugly for thees children to see." the goblins obviously did not understand a word she said, and got ready to fight.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Warwick! Hey, that was cool. Wre'kesa hadn't been expecting a drow.

Well, time to shoot things. Wre'kesa shot the big guy in the head and reloaded.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Dice Warwick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 am

Warwick watched as a bolt flew through the big guys head and stuck into the ground at her feet, covering it with splatter of blood and brains. The other three goblins looked at the body, and then at each-other, then ran away as fast as they could. Warwick, recognizing the typed of bolt to be of Drow make, she looked to were the bolt had come from and waved, it was safe to amuse that it was one of the wolves, a good turn of events for her. The forth goblin then moaned a bit, so Warwick walked up to him, kicking him in the head until he went unconscious.

Some of the children were looking through the door, seeing if things were safe, the violence seemed to not effect them that much, but thinking about it, Warwick was not that surprised.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Wre'kesa sent a small mana flare, something that would hang in place and glow for awhile, in Warwick's direction. This would help him remember what direction to go.

Wre'kesa looked over the edge. Oh look, a conveniently placed hay bale!

"Alez-oop!"

Wre'kesa landed on his back in the hay bale, bounced lightly off, and made a run for the nearest building, pulling himself up with the assistance of his climbing gloves and running towards Warwick. The rooftops were economically flat, allowing Wre'kesa to sprint at full tilt, before jumping, sliding along a low rooftop, popping up, doing a forward flip, and landing on the roof of the building Warwick was hiding in.

"Ho, Warwick," said Wre'kesa, hanging from the lip of the rooftop. "How's it hanging?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Dice Warwick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 pm

( I thought that's what you were trying to go for)

Looking up at Wre'kesa with a relieved, yet somewhat annoyed look on her face. "Skillfully killing someone, and then running around in celebration, your defiantly a Sarghress Wre'kesa." looking back to the doorway, and then back up "I got seven goblin young-lings here, and it looks like they want me to get them out of here, or something, I dunno.." Warwick sighed "any-who thanks for the help."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 am

"Bah, it's not like you need me to keep shooting people," said Wre'kesa cheekily, rolling over and giving Warwick a grin. "Seven younglings you say? If they really are trying to get out of the city, we could help! Granted, we're supposed to be hooking up with the rest of the Raiders...." Wre'kesa considered.

"Anyone who can get us out of the city will know about the Raiders," he said, becoming serious and rubbing at the side of his nose. "Therefore, if we can help the kids out of this city, we can find the Raiders simultaneously. We just need to find the right guy."

"I don't have any contacts on the surface, but I do know from my time in the Wars that during war, legitimate business dies, but the black market thrives," said Wre'kesa, gesturing with his hand. "If we can masquerade as slavers trying to move the younglings to sell, we can find the people who can get us to the Raiders and out of the city. Come on, lemme see the kiddies."

Wre'kesa swung down from the roof, landing lightly on his toes.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 am

"take a look, but unless you can speak to them it's going to hard to get them to do anything." Warwick pushed the bed out of the way, and then let Wre'kesa pass. the children seemed weary of the new arrival, but more calm then they were before with the noise outside now further away.

"Goblins are dumb normally, but young-ling goblins, their mostly just trouble" Taking a seat of a nearby chair, Warwick looked at the children. "It might be easier if we can just dump them somewhere safe, but that slave idea defiantly can help us find the other faster." Warwick ground a bit.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 am

Feeling slightly pedophilic, Wre'kesa closely examined the younglings.

All seven appeared to be of the standard Street Rat Variety. Large, round heads with scruffy brown hair, variously colored eyes (one had bright blue, intriguing), tattered clothing covering thin and malnourished bodies, and bare feet.

"Eh, I've made it a policy to not assume anything," said Wre'kesa as he scrutinized one particular youngling, apparently male, by turning his head this-way and that-way, peering at the child's slightly over-large ears, and staring creepily at his green eyes. Also freckles. "And I dunno, this one seems rather intelligent."

Yes he was basing this off of ear shape and eye color. Also the way the kid didn't shy away, but rather took the opportunity to scrutinize Wre'kesa's crossbow and attempt to pilfer several gold crescents.

"Now, I doubt he can actually understand me," said Wre'kesa, casually swiping back the crescents and making them pop out of the child's ear while pulling over a charred stick. "But he can look at pictures."

Swiftly, Wre'kesa sketched out seven small stick figures without ears, then two stick figures with grossly exaggerated drow ears, then a facsimile of the city wall. He made the child look at the drawings while he circled the seven small figures and drew an arrow to the drow figures, circled the group, then drew an arrow to and over the wall.

The kid grinned and babbled to his friends, making them all cheer quietly and grin hugely.

"You see? Just need some creative means of communication," said Wre'kesa smugly.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 am

(I almost feel bad joining back in. See you two post brings a smile to my face. I'll try to keep up promise)

Trinita spending more time in the alley ways, then he ever wanted to in his entire life. I smell thick of Piss, vomit and shit of all things. But it kept him away from the blood thirty goblins.

Suddenly he heard something... It was drow he as sure of it. He barely make it out, over the distant and sometimes not so distant war making and pillaging. His first though was to call out from the street but that didn't seem like a good idea. It didn't take him long to find a door to were he thought he heard the voices.

Creeping into the building. Trinita whispered from around ever corner he could find. "Raiders...?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 pm

"Ok, so they understand drawings, but how are we to get them to understand the more complicated stuff, I mean if there is more complicated stuff." Warwick was beginning to confuse herself a bit, with all that had been going on, she hadn't even though of any good plans, much less any that involved movie a bunch of goblins. "Well your the solder, just let me know what you need me to do, and I'll see if I can do it."

Warwick could barley heir something from the outside, but two of the children were next to her, talking to each-other and now and then looking at her, so she couldn't quit heir what it was.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:08 pm

"Bah, we just need to train them slightly. You up for some- shh!" Green Eyes shushed his friends as Wre'kesa pulled him into cover, unsheathing his knife. "Warwick, down!"

Years of combat experience had allowed him to hear someone walking in the building. Being very quiet about it too. The building had more rooms and hallways, and someone was creeping in through the back. Wre'kesa listened very carefully.

Trinita wrote:"Raiders...?"

"Trinita!" said Wre'kesa, sheathing his blade and bounding to the corner where the voice had issued. "Excellent! How've you been?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 pm

"Thank goddess." Trinita smiled for the first time today. "I so glad to see a friendly face."

"Were is everybody?... Are you the only one that made it." with that thought in his head, Trinita stomach felt like it had a hole in it. It was just then, Trintia heard somebody sneeze from behind Wre'kesa. "Who is with you?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive