Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Return to the Vloz'ress mines

Return to the Vloz'ress mines

Postby django » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 am

Its been an interesting partnership with Chi. Despite some differences of options on surfacers and other races, the two of them got along well enough and seemed to balance each other personality wise. He imagined they could be good partners for a long time if their health kept up. But of all she called him blade, a title that he almost forgot what it was like to be called and it felt good.

Fresh from a shower and suited up for a patrol to the old Vloz'ress mines. A request from Chi, ever since he mentioned it that one day in the White Tiger and an eventful patrol in Raven. He didn't like that place, not one bit. It was like an old wound that didn't heal, and it stinks of war and the fellow clans men who lives were lost.

Garrus waited for her in the usual spot. The court yard.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Return to the Vloz'ress mines

Postby Bamawing » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 pm

((Odd - I remember responding to this! Dangit. Well, maybe the second time around will be even better.))

Cha'tia was in a great mood.

Raveran, it transpired, was quiet but had its own perks. The training here was first-rate. It was nice to have the mounted troops around. The mushrooms were very nice, and Tia'nir was happy. His mate looked a little pregnant if you squinted. Trouble was harder to find, but her Blade was willing to look with her. And he called her "Chi," which she liked.

Overall, Raveran was only 20% less awesome than Chel.

And today, they were heading somewhere Vlozzy. She kept reminding herself that she wasn't going to run into anything more interesting than perhaps some seeping nether, and that's if she was lucky. But she was still excited. Heading into the Vloz part of town was always the highlight of her week in Chel. A nice struggle for her soul and one less demon/tainted/both in the world. Win-win, really.

She met Garrus in what was becoming their usual meeting spot, and raised a hand in greeting. She would have smiled in greeting, but she was already grinning.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:07 am

"Well good morning little miss Smiles." Garrus smiled back to his warden while crossing his arms. " You've eaten yet? Because I'm hungry as hell right now and once we get into the in the mine area, you gatta catch something if you what to eat." He said as he took her side as they walked.

"We also gotta watch our step. I've heard reports of people falling in shafts and getting hurt. Thats also why I never brought my last wardens there. I was afraid 'falling' in. Like this."

"Oh Garrus I see something down there! Oh where my lady *push* AAAAAAHHHHH... smash" Garrus play it out and over exaggerated it comically . "See my problem?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 am

"I'm always up for whatever those mushrooms are called," she answered cheerfully. His enactment made her laugh. "And if that was the warden you wanted to mate with, you've got a weird way of flirting." Her facial expression should make it pretty obvious that she was teasing. She was starting to feel comfortable in her new life.

"Can we get the food to go?" She couldn't help it! She could just *smell* the nether, all ready for smashing and sealing.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 am

Garrus laughed, finding some genuine humour for once, since his failed attempt at wooing Aiva. "Yah thats what all the ladies say."

"Sure we can grab some food to go, I know the place were the Dendles sell their mushrooms. But first we need to grab a few things first. One of those big sealing stones on the chain what ever they are called."

After a bit of a walk away from Raven, the pair come to the entrance of the former Volzz compound. Nothing much remains standing here, except for the monument dedicated to the drowssus that have fallen here protecting Raven.

"I wasn't here when the fighting happened." Garrus said as he was tying up his blind fold for the first time in nearly a month. "I fought in Raven market place. Clearing the streets, block by block. I swear I fought for so long, my sword was dull and I beating people to death it. That reminds me of one sorry bitch I fought."

Garrus turned his head to Chi. "It was a Volz merc that was issued a suit of armor too big. Bitch had trouble moving and her armor just swiveled at every turn, she couldn't even raise one arms with out tilting the whole damn chest plate sideways."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:26 am

It was a new place, but the mushrooms were just as good. They didn't talk much on the walk out, saving their teeth for more important purposes, like chewing.

His story brought back a few memories of her own. "I had to buy a new sword myself after the Nid battles," she said. A few days was too short for her to think of it as a war. "We didn't have any ill-fitting armor, though. Just a lot of tainted." Poor commoners, most of them half demon already. "Tia'nir hesitated too long killing one of them and I had to save him from the demon." She wasn't smiling. Her eyes were fixed in the thousand-mile stare of countless soldiers, trying hard not to succumb to painful memories. "Got it in the end, and he was fine. The Nid stuff was awful just because they attacked everyone. Mother did have to mercy-kill one of our underlings, but she died like a woman and a Kyorl'solenurn, with much honor."

She shook her head a little to clear it of bad memories. "The Vloz aren't like that, though. Mismatched armor is standard. No discipline. No honor. Half of them don't have any courage, either." The grin was back. "They're fun to kill."

Speaking of, she turned her gaze toward the compound. She was having a hard time determining if the aura taint she could sense was a nether leak or just residual. It was faint but didn't seem old, which bothered her a little. "How much of a purge was done here?" she asked. "Of items, I mean." The ping on her taint-dar was reading more like a gemstone or keystone or something...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 am

Garrus was quite as he listened to Chi's tales. So much of it was no different from his experiences from dealing with war and demons. It was sad to see people from two different cities sharing the same thing.

"Looters of all kinds have cleaned out Volzz compound a long time ago." Garrus said as he focused his mana vision and slipped his helmet, seeing the small tainted arua. "Although, doesn't mean somebody hasn't moved in." Garrus looked at his partner and smiled under his helmet.

(Earlier)
"This is as wide as it gets Mir'ova." A gaped toothed earth bender named Rett said to her boss, "Any wider and she'll close back up on us and well have to re do it again." She said as whiped the sweat off her head.

Mir'ova stood over the man sized hole that dug into the fortress, and expected Retts work. She wasn't the best earth bender around but few are readily available and untainted, and could keep their mouths shut like she can. Mir'ova was a daughter of one of the gangs that use to run this run down mine. Her plan was simple, find the hidden treasury she remembers hearing about and use it to buy herself a gang of her own.

Nobody she brought with her was tainted and she had to look for outside muscle just to keep it that way. She even kept it a secret from them why they came to Raven and paid them half up front for it, she didn't want any drowhiir attention coming here. "Alright everyone down. Except for you three. Guard this place and make sure nothing happens to this chain." Mir'ova said to three large and well armed mercs.

Unknown to Mir'ova, Rett brought along her Jem... the sealed aura of her passed mate, and it shined like a small beckon from her back pack for anyone who could see tainted mana.

(When Chi and Garrus get their the three mercs are there.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 am

"Well, if that's the case, perhaps we should give the new residents a proper welcome to Raveran," Chi replied, the manic gleam returning to her eyes. "There's something in there - a keystone or something - I expect some corrupted slob has it. Probably nothing big, but whatever it is isn't sealed properly and could be at least a little dangerous." It was the best prospect of real action she had encountered for a while.

She unsheathed her sword, and led her Blade in through the abandoned courtyard and into a large building that looked like it might fall over any minute. Stupid Vloz, what was with them and their architecture? The building was ransacked several times over. But footprints in the dust revealed someone had been there, and not too long before. She nudged Garrus silently and pointed. Looked like a fair sized group, about 8 or 9 of them. They weren't looking around, either - the tracks led straight toward the tainted mana.

Chi stepped carefully to not give away her position. They passed an office area and then what looked like an old mine entrance. She noticed the mana of three pure... well, probably corrupted, but at least not tainted... drow standing in the next room. She turned to Garrus, jerked a thumb in their direction, and winked. Somewhere in the back of her mind was the thought, "Sweet Sharess, woman, are you really going to take on up to nine assailants with just a templar as backup?" She suppressed it. Still, no sense in antagonizing. She sheathed her sword.

Stepping out into the room, she revealed herself to three probably corrupted mercenaries. "Hi. I'm the Raveran welcoming wagon. Where are your friends?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun May 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Garrus followed behind Chi, unaware of the foot prints on the ground and Chi's look in her eyes have made a return. "I guess we should say Hi.". He pulled out his spike hilt sword as Chi led him into the dusty and unkept Volzz ruins.

The three Mercenaries were caught off guard and shocked at the sudden sight of the warden. the younger of the trio was busy rummaging through some baggage to notice right away while but the older and more experienced ones shouted about too big of a pay check to lose to a lone grey bitch.

They drew their weapons right about the same time Garrus stepped up behind Chi.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu May 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Three idiots, deciding to attack first and ask questions later. Just what she was looking for.

She drew her sword just as big, dumb and ugly number one attempted to lop her... what, arm off? No training whatsoever. Unless that ax was significantly sharper than it looked, there was so reason for her to even block. She blocked anyway. Her sword caught the ax with an impressive CLANG a second before she buried her fist into the man's solar plexus.

He doubled over, wheezing. She knew better than to play with her food, but she also wanted to save one for questioning. A roundkick to the shoulder took him the rest of the way to the ground. She glanced at Garrus. This was usually when she had to save Tia'nir's ass...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat May 26, 2012 1:43 am

Garrus faced off with the other Merc with his sword and shield in hand. The third Merc swung her jagged, hand and a half sword at the black knight, only be blocked again and again by his round shield, a sparks leapt from the shield every time she hit.

The Merc gave out a sudden and painful howl as she felt her right knee get struck by the knights black sword. Falling down to her good knee, she didn't notice the sudden sharp pain across her neck, or her head rolling off her shoulders and into the hole.

Garrus expected their quick and brutal work. Nodded to Chi a good job done. It was then he noticed the surviving Merc shift and tried to get up. Garrus pressed his sword point at the back of his neck "Down friend. You may live through this yet." unlikely.

(If you interrogate him, He'll tell us that a Volzz that was from Raven is here for a lost Treasure. Long story short.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 am

Aw! She only got to take down one! She wasn't really that upset. She didn't look it, either - her facial expression was the insane grin she usually wore when confronted with violence.

"Let's keep this simple." Interrogations really weren't her forte. "Now that I've got your attention, where are your friends?"

He grunted. "Down there."

Chi was unimpressed. "How many?"

"Dunno. Enough."

Chi pressed her sword against his neck. "Guess."

"Twenty? Don't kill me!" Oh great, he's a coward on top of everything else.

"And aside from our exceptional hospitality, what are you after?"

"Dunno. Some sort of treasure." She shrugged and slit his throat. A few seconds later she glanced from the corpse to Garrus. "I guess we could have brought him back to the compound for cleansing. Natural cowards like that I usually don't bother." That and her knotwork was crappy. Bad Chi, that's no excuse to kill the corrupted. "What is the standard for here, anyways?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 pm

"I'm not too concerned. I generally don't bring back people who draw steel on me any ways." Garrus shrugged, clearly not concerned with what she did. "Some lines are drawn but every case is different. I trust you you'll make a good choice. I'm happy to see you left one alive for questioning, most people forget information is valuable." That part did surprise him, he didn't think Chi would be the type to leave one alive for questioning. He was happy to see did.

"Besides, its just the two of us. We cant risk leaving him here by himself and we don't have the time to go back to drop him off and come back. We might lose who ever is down there." Garrus motioned to the hole. "How many do you think are down there... you think that man could count to five let alone to twenty?"

He couldn't help but wonder what the hell is down there. It wans't connected to the mines or anything but nobody have been down there for over a year. Who know how well its holding up down there?
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:13 am

"There's probably more than five, but I doubt there's twenty. From the footprints, I would guess about twelve total, minus these three." Her facial expression was neutral, but her eyes gleamed. Three down, nine-ish to go.

"You want to take point?" She was usually the leader, but he took down two, and in her mind had earned the right. Besides, he knew more about this place than she did. But it was a question, not an order. She was good either way.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 am

"No I'll go first." Garrus said as he sheathed his sword and strapped his shield to his back. He always preferred to go first when danger was a foot and is glad Chi gave him the option. Bending down he gave the chain a few firm yanks, testing how well it would hold him.

The climb down in his armor was hard but not impossible. Chi will probably have an easier time then him, with her lighter armor.

When he stepped on a the ground, his boot crushed a half caved in skull. Apparently by the bones at his feet, their were Volz in the basement when they took this place down. The hall ways looked old and unkept... its been like what, a year since the war, shouldn't be this old looking.

There were two directions but non of them gave him any real idea were the rest of the corrupted might be.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive