Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface - Crossing the Desert

Re: Surface - Crossing the Desert

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 am

Eyeing Warwick suspiciously as she didn't fully believe her claims of fine-ness and suspecting her words had upset the other woman further, Ilnari'se found herself tugged back by Trinita and hugged. He really was one for open displays of affection. She smiled, "You're really quite forward, aren't you." Then people started shouting and bustling around. It was time to move.

She got up, checked her equipment and nodded at Trinita's words. She had the sneaking suspicion that Warwick wouldn't want to join them, at least not just now but decided it was best to keep quiet. She turned to look for their group and spotting them made a "come on, this way" gesture and started walking towards them.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby django » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Trinita smiled warmly at Ilnari'se's comment. Perhaps she not use to someone who likes showing affection? No matter he thought to himself, Ilnari'se is taking it pretty well and she will probably get use to it the more he does it. They arrived back with the rest of the wolves and mounted up for another long trek in the desert.

After another long uneventful trek with the caravan, the day went away and night took over. "Thank you Sharess for letting the night come at last." Trinita said as he sat by their fire and took a swig of his newly refilled water skin. "I'll drink to that." Their commander Jemilla like wise took a drink. "Commander remember when you said we could have used an extra hand on this trip." "Yah, what about it?" "Well, theres this other drow I know, that more or less just happened to be going the same way where going." "Well see, if she really is interested I'll have to see her myself. I wont let some outsider slack off." "I don't think she'll slack off Mama."

That was to be expected. He would have been surprised to see Jemilla let somebody in the group without seeing them first. "If she interested I'll send her your way."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 pm

It had been a long and mostly dull trip as most days had been since they entered the desert. Ilnari'se sat by the fire with the others, cleaning and polishing her armour which reflected the dancing firelight. She did this every evening, it had long since become a habit. As she sat there, opposite Trinita she listened to the others talking. Occasionally she'd look up and smile or nod sometimes give a short response.

"Thank you Sharess for letting the night come at last." "I'll drink to that."

Ilnari'se gulped down some water from her own refilled water skin with them. The water was cool and soothing, it made her smile. She put the water skin down and returned to her polishing after that, half listening to the rest of the conversation. She lost interest in polishing when she realised Trinita was talking about the drowess she'd met earlier that day. She looked up and "Oh that friend of yours from earlier whatshername, Warwick. She was an odd one."

She wondered where Warwick was right now, back with that wagon probably. She leaned back on her hands which she placed behind her, staring at the night sky. She liked staring up at the stars and moons at night, it filled her with such a warm feeling.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 am

Warwick had gotten some sleep for the remainder of the day, it was much easier for her to work at night, though it was darker, she could still see far better then the goblins, and her eyes hurt less at night. She figured it was do to living underground, as she had heard of some caravans that had chosen to travel at night when they were one the surface, as the goblins would underestimate the drows ability to see them at night.

Letting the wagon owner know that she was now on duty, Warwick figured that she would be just sitting around most of the time, so she decided to stretch her legs a bit. jumping out of the wagon, onto the warm sand, she stretched out her arms over her head, and bent backwards. It felt good to move around after sitting down nearly all day, and despite how the sand got everywhere, it was nice to walk on, compared to the hard ground back in the underworld. Taking the spare bottle of water Warwick had picked up, she decided to finished it off, bringing some life back into her, bringing moister back to her throat. Now seeing that most of the goblins were taking shelter in their wagons for the night, She felt much better about taking a look around, as there would be less goblins around to bother her.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:49 am

"Aye, she is a strange one." Trinita nodded "But I belive she is more reliable then anyone else we'll find up here. It wouldn't hurt to ask her." Trinita then got up and moved over to Large wolf across from him, "Would you like to come with me to find Warwick... for the walk at least." He bent down beside her as she looked up at the stars.

Jemilla smiled at the couple. She saw Trinita had an eye on Ilnari'se since they started this trip, and she was glad to see they hooked up.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Trinita came over and leaned over, asking her to go with him to find that friend of hers. "for the walk at least." She stared up at him for a moment into his steel grey eyes "Ah, sure why not." She put her armour aside and looked at the wolf sitting next to her "Keep an eye on my armour would you." she spotted a sly grin on her neighbour's face and the smile on her commander's and snorted, then she got up and turned away from the fire, trying to remember where Warwick's wagon had been located in the caravan as that would give them a good idea of where they'd stopped for the night.

She hadn't been paying much attention at the time and they'd been moving all day since then. "I think it's that way isn't it?" She asked, pointing in the opposite direction from where they wanted to go.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Trinita noticed the looks his other pack mates gave them, he did not mind it but at least they didn't hoot and howler, like a bunch of inbred dumb asses. "Hmmm, no I'm almost certain shes further in the back." He pointed in the other direction, "Her wagons in the back, and I didn't see her pass us."

He started to make his way towards were he thought Warwick was. "And besides, if wrong we get a walk and some time alone." the little wolf winked and smiled at the larger she wolf.

"Can I ask you something Ilnari'se? Do you mind if I kiss you and say I love you in public?" "I'm only asking because, not every Sarghress likes being touched or shown affection in public... and I have been a little kissy, without asking you." he blushed.

As it turns out, the pair only had to walk a short distance to find Warwick. Her wagon was just a few carts down from them.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 am

Warwick finished up stretching out, and began walking around. It was not long until she heard some chatter coming towards the back, it was Trinita and Ilnari'se, they were quit friendly with each-other, like they were during the day. Not feeling like interrupting them, Warwick steeped to the side of a nearby caravan, placing her somewhat out of view, and her cloak, unlike the Sarghress armor, helped with blending into the shadows. She was not interested in what they where talking about, and their was enough chatter going around the caravan that she would have to concentrate to just make out what they were saying until they got closer. Warwick also didn't like getting to much attention, so she felt it would be better to let them pass, and not bother them.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 am

As Tinita waited for Ilnari'se to answer, he began to think he should have chosen better words. He was not much of a romancer as some friends he knew. Durlyn came to mind right away and wondered what the other wolf was doing as of late. He has not seen him since the group split a year or so ago.

He thought he saw Warwick as they passed by some wagons close to the one she was protecting but he didn't think it was her. "Warwick you around here.?" Trinita called.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Warwick lightly thumped her head on a nearby wagon, she had forgotten that the other Drows would see well at night as well, so just moving unseen would never have works in the first place with them. The goblins were easier to deal with in this respect, as they scare easy in the dark, and she could easily thump a thieve before it knew what was hitting it.

Warwick walked out,trying to look cute, but only managing awkward, and with her looking up, all she could thing to say was, "The ceiling here look so lovely when it turns dark, with the moons and all." her voice was a bit of turn on a few words, it was not like she forgot about being chewed out by Ilnari'se, so she was trying to mind her words.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 am

A nod was given when he pointed in the other direction. She hadn't been paying much attention at the time but Trinita had been. She walked next to him in companionable silence, she caught the wink and smile, the playfulness in his words. Her response was an upwards quirk of her lips. Not quite a smile but not far off one either. She was busy thinking, about him, she wasn't sure how to deal with him and the way he was so openly affectionate. She wasn't even sure whether or not she liked it, so his next words left her stumped. What on earth was she supposed to say. How should she respond? She mused on it. How did she feel about open displays of affection? Well her previous mate had refused to let her even touch him outside their home, it hadn't bothered her, it had been comfortable before the arguments- She cut off that train of thought.

Anyway the point was she wasn't really the type to show her feelings so openly, she never had been and it was unlikely to change. And yet, she didn't mind about her little wolf's openness, she wouldn't mind at all if they were back in Raveran. She even liked it in a way but she had to admit that his kissing her in front of the other raiders would be awkward. She could name certain couples that she had done her best to avoid being teamed up with.

They ended up at the wagon before she'd sorted out her thoughts. Her sharp eyes spotted the moving shape of Warwick at the same time Trinita did. reaching out an arm she wrapped it around his shoulders, tugging him closer in a half hug before letting go after finally murmuring "I don't mind. Just, not too much, not around the Raiders... "

She eyed the caravan guard as she walked up to them. She couldn't say she approved of the idea of Warwick joining them but her comment about the beauty of the night sky was something that you couldn't find fault with. It was both an accurate and suitably neutral topic. "The moons are indeed magnificent. They grace the sky more than the sun ever could." She agreed. Her voice was calm and even, with a slight hint of warmth. She was talking a lot today. More than she had in the whole of last week put together she was sure. Well perhaps that was a slight exaggeration. She couldn't say it was a bad thing as she'd never get promoted if she just left everything to others and never took initiative. She'd let Trinita tell the woman why they were here.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:12 am

Tinita waved to Warwick as she came out from behind the wagon. It was then the weird thought came into his head, was she hiding behind the wagons? He did not think of asking and he had no real evidence to prove it. He was about to say something to Warwick, until a large arm wrapped around him and gave him a hug. It startled him at first, only because he didn't expect it so suddenly from his mate, but his head nudged at her approvingly, "Alright then." he looked up at her and meant it, he wasn't the type to show off to other any way.

"How your night going Warwick? I hope its going well." Trinita said as he turned his attention back to the other drow. "I thought I'd drop by and check and see if your interested in coming with us Raiders. If your still interested, I asked my commander about it and she said she might be interested in letting you in the pack for the mission."

"No presser, if your not interested. But I still made you this anyways." Trinita handed her some paper. "It will tell you how to get back to Raven. Incase you get turned around again."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:06 pm

"ahh, well the night is much easier on my eyes, and the the goblins are less active when the light goes down, so much better then in the day." Warwick sighed and then put on a slight smile. "Helping you all on a mission sounds dangerous, but it is better then being lost another day up here." their was a nervousness in her voice now, but Warwick did feel like it would be better to have some kind of real direction, then the guesswork she had been doing.

Warwick look at the paper that Trinita had just gave her, her face didn't look overjoyed when she read it, but she did looked relieved. "It's going to be best for me if I stick with your group, I've never had the best luck with maps or directions." she folded up the paper and placed it in a pocket. "but it will be helpful If I do need to head home on my own, though I do hope I don't accidentally end up in another Kyorl lecture on morality. but that's besides the point, I would be happy to travel with your group, and thanks."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:33 pm

(I'll do a little time skip, to get things moving again.)

After another few days of Traveling with the caravan, the raiders and their new companion finally reach the city of Kizil. A city rich from caravans and stories from around the world. It's here Jemilla, leader of the wolf pack sought out some news of old runes and relics being used by dark skinned shamans farther south.

The group spent a few days of rest and then continued their way from Kizil, making their way to a frontier town called Bhunda, know currently as the farthest town of the badlands.

The team was met by some of the warriors from whom were sent by the land lord. After a bit of discussion among the leader and some gold. The Drow were allowed into the town but were warned, that they were reasonable for there own safety from the 'Devils' that have been haunting their town.

Trinita could wonder what kind of Devils could they be dealing with?
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 am

The heat and sun was starting to get to Warwick once-more, but the Sarghress water supply did help deal with it, along with what she could scavenge herself. The devil superstition had her more worried about the goblin state of mind, then the possibility of nether, as she at least knew that the goblins aren't even affected by nether, so she had dismissed the clams of devils from the start, but dared not to speak it out-loud.

Getting up-close to Trinita, Warwick whisperer "When the goblins talk of devil, their probably talking about some tainted I bet. I've heard rumors that some flee to the surface when the Kyorl are after them, making all sours of problems for trading relations." She knew that most of the rumors were just excuses for deals gone bad, as it had become more popular to blame the tainted as the Sharen become more unpopular. But it was true that tainted were fleeing any area that the Kyorl looked into.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive