Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface - Crossing the Desert

Re: Surface - Crossing the Desert

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Either Warwick was really dense or had nerves of steel, possibly a combination of the two, whichever of them it would turn out to be Ilnari'se was a little impressed, though she kept it hidden. She saw Trinita freeze for a second when he looked at her and felt a stab of guilt. Her ears seemed to droop a little. She didn't mind scaring strangers but scaring her friends was a nono and now she'd both failed to scare a stranger And scared Trinita. Her eyes skittered quickly away from him to look back at the caravan guard as she started talking.

Warwick's mention of ale sounded like music to her ears, they pricked up again at the mere mention of it. She gave another nod her eyes a little less cold "A bar is by far the best place to meet." She stared at the hand being extended towards her and after a moment's hesitation reached out and shook it, pulling back quickly. She was reasonably certain now that she wasn't a threat, not an immediate one at any rate.

A smile tugged at her lips when Trinita started in a familiar tone. It was time for a lecture apparently. She raised her eyes to the skies "If I had any I'd drink it now regardless." The dismissive words intended to provoke.

She gave Warwick a quick nod and turned away, starting to wander back to her patch of shade. She'd had enough of talking to this wagon-sitter for now. With any luck the little wolf would follow her, if not she'd apologise to him later.

((Not sure but It sounds fine to me, and I doubt anyone will be checking.))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Dice Warwick » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 am

At Ilnari'se comment about having a drink, and Trinita warning of dehydration, Warwick could not help but had her own comment. "But still a good cold ale would hit the spot right now, along with a fair amount of cold water." the heat was starting to get to Warwick, though she was well hydrated, and her clock blocking the sun, the truth it was just that the heat was pissing her off, and she was doing her best to keep positive. Also though how much she did wanted to have a drink, the looks she was getting from some of the goblins did worry her a bit, like hell did she want to wake up next to one of them, Warwick would save any hevey drinking for when she was in a better area, with better looking males, prefaces on other Drows.

"well I guess you two have to get back to you job, if you need an extra hand, I might help" she flopped her clock further over her face, and closed her eyes. Warwick started to feel like she would be bothering the two Sarghress if she continued her banter, most others did, so she just left the opportunity for her to help open, but let the the opportunity to back out if they were done talking. She also couldn't wait for nightfall, without that ball of light she could see much better, and with most of the goblins asleep, she felt more safe.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 am

Trinita frowned deeply at Ilnari'se comment, "Sharess, sometimes. Sometimes I feel like my mother stole me from a perfectly good Nal family, to be raised around by a bunch of oafs who grow too large and think too much about fighting, looting, and drinking." Although he was sarcastic, sometimes he did wonder if he was born into the wrong clan. He just wasn't as interested in looting and plundering places like other raiders. He came for the chance to learn new ways of medicine and bring them back home, so far for a Sarghress male he is doing rather well.

"The Commander said to try to stay out of the heat as much as possible and take it easy. I haven't seen her since lunch, so I imagine shes hiding from the heat herself with the others. If you're not doing anything your welcome to join Warwick." He turned to Warwick before following his fellow wolf back to the Shady spot.

When he took his old spot beside and looked up at her, and thought for a moment. "Ilnari'se... I was just wondering, do you have anybody waiting for you at home. Somebody... close." He's been meaning to ask that since this trip started.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Ilnari'se was leaning back against the wagon with her eyes closed when Trinita joined her. She opened an eye when he asked her a question. "Hmm? Close? Well yes. there's Turne." She smiled as she thought of her son. "He's living in Raveran, recently joined up himself, wants to be a medic for some reason. Sharess knows why."

She frowned at her own words, realising what that sounded like. "No offence Trinita. I just meant I don't think it suits him. He's probably just doing it for some female or other." Her lips pursed in disapproval before she sighed and stared up at the sky.

"I worry about him you know. He was such a cute little thing, my precious baby boy. He's taller than you now and still growing too! And yet, I still worry. No one there to keep an eye on him any more." She shook her head. "Kids grow up far too fast." She gave a wistful sigh, before turning to look at him directly "You should meet him some time. He'd just love to hear about all those healing herbs and things you keep collecting."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Trinita couldn't help but smile at Ilnari'se, taking no offence from what she had to say. He didn't know she was a mom, and good one by the way she talked about her son. "Its a good career if he really looking into it and I would love to meet your son." he smiled at her.

She didn't mention any mate, so maybe this was his chance. "I was also wondering if there was anyone else close to you... that was intimate." He couldn't help himself as he leapt up and kissed her on the cheek.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:24 am

Warwick couldn't help but make a comment about Ilnari'se son. "I think he would do real well, most of the women I know love to see a good looking male in a medical outfit, I'm a bit for it as well to it myself." She pulled her clock further over her face, talking about someones son in that way felt improper, and she also felt like just dug herself a grave. Warwick quickly tried to think up something less off to avoid offending Ilnari'se. "just saying that he might be able to snag a nice Val woman in that work." at this point she held her tong with her teeth to avoid anymore chatter.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:04 am

Inari'se was replying to Trinita's question, "A mate you mean? No I-" She was interrupted by him suddenly kissing her cheek. She blinked and touched her hand to her cheek, for a second she didn't move, stunned. Then her orange eyes began to sparkle, her mouth curved into a smile "You don't beat around the bush do you. I-" Her next words died in her throat as Warwicks words reached her ears.

"I think he would do real well, most of the women I know love to see a good looking male in a medical outfit, I'm a bit for it as well to it myself."

"..." Was she talking about her little boy? It was like she was trying to pick a fight. She turned towards her, her expression grim. "What?" She snarled, the woman then proceeded to dig herself in deeper.

"just saying that he might be able to snag a nice Val woman in that work."

Ilnari'se didn't like Vals, with the exception of the Sarghress Vals she believed them all to be a bunch of stuck up [insert terms of choice here]. The very suggestion that her sweet innocent boy might try to "snag" a Val was just. Urgk she didn't even want to think about it.

"A Val woman huh?" She snarled, her eyes now sparkling for different reasons. She moved towards the Caravan-Guard her anger clearly written on her face and in the clenching fists. "A nice Val woman." She was practically hissing now.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 am

With the clock over Warwicks face she could not see what the others were doing, but the sounds, and the footsteps were clear enough. "ahh yes, one of the nice one, ahh I do see them now and then, like the Nal, always keen on business, ahh but the red eye are no good, I've heird they eat their males, and ahh, well, the extra ADA would be nice." not realy knowing what to say next, Warwich gave a deep breath "BUTWHATWOULDIKNOW, IHAVENEVERBEENINARELASHIONSHIPBEFOR." if there was a time she could use a drink, it was now.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:24 am

Trinita wasn't much of a sweet talker, so rather then waste words, he deiced to kiss her on the cheek. His steel grey eyes sparkled back to her, he was so happy to see that she seemed to think the same.

It was all lost in a few short moments as Warwick said "I think he would do real well, most of the women I know love to see a good looking male in a medical outfit, I'm a bit for it as well to it myself." And that pissed Ilnari'se off the deep end. Trinita could only guess that some Val must have done something to her to make her so angry all of a sudden.

Trinita jumped between the two of them and held up his hands to halt the giant wolfs approach, "Ilnari'se stop this! Whats wrong with you. Calm yourself, Warwick did not meaning anything by that." He didn't know what to do currently, so he did the only thing he could, he stood his ground against her, and it tore him apart to do this but he could not let his friend Warwick get hurt.
Last edited by django on Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:30 pm

She was overreacting, it was too hot and the woman too annoying by far. She resented her presence and wanted her away. 'Just scram!' she thought 'Just **** off and go bother someone else! You're not welcome so just leave us alone damn it!'

Trinita jumped quickly between them holding up his hands and insisting she stop. She stared at him there standing his ground, feeling annoyed that he was taking that fool's side. She couldn't really fault him for it though. The interruption had made her think. It had taken her less than a second to realise why she was really so annoyed and that it had little to do with her son. I mean yes she despised most Vals but the woman hiding under her cloak didn't mean anything by it, she was just some idiot who didn't know anything. Urgh She was just being immature and, and Jealous. The very word made her inner self want to cringe and squirm. She hated being jealous.

She blushed a little in embarrassment though it could easily be mistaken for turning red with rage. She almost felt guilty for scaring the poor drowess, almost. She was still too annoyed to feel really sorry. And she had to admit that seeing Warwick panicking and backtracking, was a tiny bit satisfying. A small smirk touched her face but that feeling wasn't something to be proud of and she pushed it away quickly, flushing a little darker. Trying to figure out what to do now.

"BUTWHATWOULDIKNOW, IHAVENEVERBEENINARELASHIONSHIPBEFOR." Seemed to burst out of Warwick's mouth in a final desperate defence. 'Well that explains a bit' she thought and snorted. "Shut it, you fool, I'm not gonna hurt you," she growled at her, keeping her eyes locked on Trinita's.Then directed the next, difficult, word to the little wolf in front of her "Sorry." The word came gruffly, she wasn't good at apologising and she was still blushing.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:49 am

Warwick could not say anything anymore, she felt like she had said to much as is. Though despite how frantic she seemed, this was a bit normal for her, never being able to hold onto work outside of her families caravan, or get a male interested in her long enough to form a relationship, getting chewed out for saying the wrong thing had become normal for her. The truth of her travels upside was that it was easier for her to deal with goblins then other Drows, all they wanted her to do was look threatening, which was easy to do for a Drow among goblins.

Pulling her clock further down, hiding her face completely from any view, she just closed her eyes and let the moment pass. The only comment she could think of was ‘if I was my mother, I would have gotten myself stabbed by now’ so she remained still, not feeling like moving, she just wanted the light to go down so she can sleep.
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:57 am

Trinita was glad he could stop Ilnari'se. He wasn't sure what he could do to stop her if she decided to plow through him to get to Warwick. Trinita is a good fighter but he did not think he could fight his new mate Ilnari'se, he didn't even think he had it in him to do it.

Despite her apology, he was still disappointed. Trinita expected better from her then this, and it did leave him to wonder, did this act cost him a mate... would she still take him in, even with his first act was to stand against her?

He did spare a chance to see how Warwick was holding out, and didn't look good; not all. She looked like she was shutting out. "Warwick? Warwick! It ok, you don't have to hide." Trinita put a gentle hand on her shoulder, trying his best to bring her out of it. Maybe it was not a good idea bringing her along, he liked Warwick but the raiders don't need this happening at the worst moments.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Her apology didn't receive any reply, disappointment was clearly written on Trinita's face. 'Well now I've blown it, haven't I' She felt upset but at the same time a little offended. It wasn't like she would have actually hurt Warwick, she just scared people when she was angry. All bark and no bite that was Ilnari'se, at least normally that was the case. Perhaps it was the desert, she'd seen tempers get frayed due to the stress of dealing with the more extreme weather and terrains. When her group got stuck up a mountain in a blizzard for instance, that had been a nightmare.

Maybe, just maybe she might have been angry enough to forget herself and lift her up and shove her against the wagon to scare her, that might have hurt a little but still. She wasn't going to kill the girl! The way she'd been cowering she wouldn't have had the stomach to hit her. War wasn't an enemy.

While the cringing and backtracking was not that unusual when Ilnari'se got angry, especially for those who didn't know her, Warwick's reaction seemed a little too extreme. She was just curled up there, hiding under her cloak like, like.. a small scared child. Maybe she was just a coward but that didn't feel right somehow. A confused frown showed itself. This certainly wasn't what you'd expect from someone who guarded caravans from bandits for a living. Ilnari'se found herself wondering just how old she was. The annoyance she still felt started to melt away to be replaced by guilt and a vague motherly desire to comfort the poor dear and make it all better.

A dilemma, what should she do. Moving closer might make things worse, backing off or leaving just felt wrong. In the end she just stood there feeling lost. Her little wolf noticed what was happening and turned to help his friend. She watched him touch her shoulder and try to pull the girl out of it. Maternal instincts won.

She crouched down in front of the girl instinctively treating her like she used to treat her little boy when he was crying. her voice was soft and gently coaxing "There, there, it's ok. I'm just a bit cranky from the weather, 's not your fault. Why don't you show me a smile and we'll forget all about it." After saying that she realised how patronising that sounded. Oh well, treating her like this should get some kind of a response, be it positive or negative.

((Growing walls of text. *omfg* If this trend carries on I'll end up taking up a whole page by myself in the end :P Ilnari'se seems to be growing into a scary, quiet, protective, mother with a little bit of a temper. Strange))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Dice Warwick » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 pm

The only words she could bring out in a calm manner were "I'm fine, I'm fine" as a reply to Trinita attempts to comfort. Warwick could then feel his hand her shoulder, being touched was not one her favorite things, but she know he meant well, so she just waited for it to pass. Warwick knew she had said something she shouldn't have, the Sarghress were not know for their love of Val's, so Warwick just wanted this to pass over, and things to cool down, both figuratively and literally.

Then Ilnari'se spoke, it sounded like something Warwick had seen before, a mother treating a child who had fallen-over, and needed comforting. Warwick had to bight her tong, it was like an dagger had hit her in the heart, and was tiring to force it out her throat. Warwick was never good with being patronized, she could suck it up, but it made her feel like she was being looked down on, and it was always done by other more capable then she. She was just done, this was too much drama for her, and the day was too damn hot, so Warwick stayed here she was, both to not overheat herself, and to collect her thoughts. "I'm fine."
Dice Warwick
Morrock Oracle

Postby django » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 am

Trinita backed off a little when Warwick said she was fine. Perhaps he took things a little too far for her? Maybe Warwick did not like being cuddled when she felt this way. Who knows? This was a first for him.

What did surprised him most of all, was when Ilnari'se joined and apologized to Warwick. He was genially glad to see it and to reminded him of the soft side of Ilnari'se that he enjoyed the most. He put a hand on her shoulder and gently urged Ilnar'se away from Warwick for the moment, he believed his lovers gentle words to be true, and since the large wolf was crouched down, Trinita wrapped her in a hug and kissed her on the cheek. He was still a little disappointed with her but the little wolf showed her he still loved her.

A call came out from one Caravan Guard to another, they were saying caravan is preparing to move, and the humans around them started to move back to their wagons or mounts. Trinita took that a cue to move away from his embrace, and turned back to Warwick. "We have to regroup with our fellow clansmen. I'll still ask the Commander if you're still interested joining up with us."
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive