Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran: How Many Drinks Does it Take? (Public :3 )

Re: Val'Raveran: How Many Drinks Does it Take? (Public :3 )

Postby Celice » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:46 pm

"Mmrgh....this drink has something in it. Something like...alcohol. How dare they?" Was Seruxis's slurred response to Taika as he lifted his empty mug to glare accusingly into it, "It needs more umbrellas...tender! Another drink with more umbrellas in it! You put only one in my drink I break your face open,"

He was off in his own drunken world now, slumped on the counter as his drink was brought, a couple of tiny umbrellas in it. Seruxis scowled and slammed the counter, "It needs more umbrellas! I said I wanted a lot!"

The tender blinked a bit before complying with the more angry growing templar, filling his drink with more tiny umbrellas. After a bit, Seruxis snatched the drink, grinning like a loon as he poked the umbrellas in his drink that numbered close to fifteen at this point. He took one out, examined it closely before sticking one in Bani'rettr's drink, "Sharess blesses you..." he mumbled drunkenly before glancing at Garrus, and at the picture...before sticking a tiny umbrella in Garrus's hair, "and Sharess blesses you for breeding like...a tiki, make more chillins and ....I don't know where I'm going with this...."

Serxuis burst out laughing, getting to his feet then unsteadily, nearly falling over with class in hand, starting to manevuer his way off to a table near the small dance floor, a small band playing nearby. He groped for a chair, at the table before he scowled, gave up and sat on the table, sipping his drink, "They need to play something fashter...how can I drunk when dancing if mushic isn't fashter? " he slurred, clearly and truly drunk out of his mind now.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:06 am

"Yeah, I don't know what for. The Vloz'ress got rolled up months ago. Maybe the Qin'dalasque are up to something, or are we all being kept in the dark about things?" Bani'rettr shrugged before returning to finishing off his drink. "Go ahead," was Bani'rettr's reply to Garrus' question. The younger templar had no children yet but such an event would likely not be far off in the future.

Bani'rettr debated internally over ordering another drink or not. He soon came to the conclusion that it was best to wait, especially considering Seruxis' state. The templar was surprised to discover that a small umbrella had been placed in his drink; he shot a look over at Seruxis's drink. The rim of his glass was covered with at least a dozen small paper umbrellas. How could anyone manage to drink through all that without the aid of a straw? "Uh...thanks, Seruxis. Sharess blesses you too," was his bewildered reply. Maybe Bani'rettr hadn't been drinking enough...

Seruxis made his way over to the dance floor, barely managing to stay on his feet as he did so. Bani'rettr got up from the bar and walked over to the drunken templar, prepared to catch him should he fall over. "Dancing doesn't sound like a great idea right about now," said Bani'rettr to Seruxis, trying his best to remain diplomatic. Any sort of fast dancing would likely result in injury to the poor guy. Bani'rettr looked back at the other Kyorls present. "You think you could use your empathy to help him calm down?" he asked Tai'ka.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Kail'odian » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 am

Tai'ka felt the worry radiate out of Garrus similar to how a new bottle of brew would be opened and letting the fizz out for the first time. The rush of emotion she felt confused her a little until she felt the following emotional feedback from the Templar about all the things she had said to her afterward. The Inquisitor blushed some and smiled when the good mother comment came about, saluting him with her glass before taking a sip. "You'd have to ask my sister about the good mother, or at least the taking care of part."

When he took out the picture to show her, Tai'ka had a smile at first, then detected his inner guilt all to easily. As much as she wanted to ask him if he wanted to talk about it, the bar was the last place to talk about something like a personal loss. Besides, there was someone else who needed her attention than Garrus right now, even though he did have her sympathies. By this point, it was definitely time to get Seruxis either on the coffee.. or even out of the bar. Drinking the rest of her only single drink, Taika put the glass on the counter then got up and looked at the tender. "He's cut off! Don't look at me like you want to make more money, I'm the fucking healer which also means I'm an Inquisitor so you don't want my anger on you, understand?" The guy put up his hands to show he was backing off and nodded in agreement with her. Tai'ka then looked at how Seruxis was asking for the umbrellas, talking about the music and really, finally being totally drunk.

Before she moved to where he was sitting, she did a scan to confirm Seru's state which was indeed totally fucked up. It was comical seeing how he somehow made the umbrella's magically blessed by the Goddess, which did make Tai'ka smile. But she knew it was her apartment which was going to see the mess Seruxis was going to make later.

Tai'ka was about to move over when she felt Garrus worry about.. something. Seru's warden perhaps? She thought.

"Garrus.. if his warden really cared, she wouldn't have let him get drunk in the first place, or not drink alone." Then she glanced to Banni'rettr. "Are all you males dense about empathy?" Arching an eyebrow before smiling a little again. "Healing is one of my specialties."

Tai'ka then proceeded to pull down her headband over her eyes to start her empathic power, and the healing process. "Seruxis?" She asked as she began stepping closer. "You want to stop and head to my place for the evening.. you want to dance as you leave the bar and then you want to get to bed to heal your head." It was not a shout or an order, merely suggestions with empathy power behind them. But he was so drunk now, she wasn't sure if even minimal power behind her empathy would do the deed of helping to get Seruxis out of the bar. "I'll help you every step of the way Seruxis.. don't you want to leave now?" She asked in a soft, soothing empathy-enticing voice which was the low-power version of the converting she would normally do to a corrupted individual.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Celice » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 am

"Stop messing with my head! It itches in my head when you talk," Seruxis snapped, nearly falling over, only catching himself on a table, disturbing the drinks on it. The drow at the table yelped, one woman gasping as her drink went all over her lap. Seruxis didn't even seem to care, pushing himself back up and staggering a few steps away from me, "Don't any of you...touch me or I shwear to....Shwaress...I'll do shomething," He paused again, holding a hand to his head, face pinched into a thoughtful expression before he staggered a bit.

"I'm going home...and I'm doing it because I want to, not because any of you told me too!" He slurred moving past them and managing to find the door, practically falling against it as he pushed it open. He was a man on a mission, although he didn't look so well, staggering from side to side, making it to the stable through sheer will alone it seemed. His dawmere gave a nervous knicker as he leaned against it, both arms over the saddle as he blinked, scowling, "Stupid dawmere got taller didn't it? Damn stupid....animal...thing...!" He slurred, glaring at the animal as if it was at fault.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 am

Garrus was taken back a bit when Tai'ka said. "Garrus.. if his warden really cared, she wouldn't have let him get drunk in the first place, or not drink alone." Did she read his mind there? If she did, he'll have to watch what he's thinking around her.

But that was the least of his concern... The situation with Seruxis was getting worse and worse. His stumbling got him bumped into a table of Olaths, for a moment their he thought they were going to have a fight on their hands, but thankfully the Olaths didn't seem to want to fight the templar.

Things here were not turning out the way he expected. He felt sorry for Taik'a and Banni'rettr for their first night drinking to turn out like this, even if it clearly his wasn't his fault.

Garrus got up started to followed "You guy's stay here and enjoy yourselves. I'll make sure he makes it home safe... -sigh- I'll be back in a few." said with an apologetic look on face. "Wait up Seruxis. You shouldn't be walking home alone like this, you can barely stand as it is. You get up on that dawmere and I'll help you along."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Alric » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Bani'rettr stood ready and watched as Tai'ka calmed Seruxis down using her empathic gifts. Judging from Seruxis' reaction to the whole event, taking a hands off approach for now would be the most prudent course of action. Bani'rettr didn't even bother apologizing for Seruxis spilling a drink on the drowolath save for a raised hand.

"Asshole..." quietly muttered one of the drowolath, staring daggers at Seruxis. Bani'rettr followed Seruxis out, keeping at a respectful distance.

He's not going to be able to make it up on that dawmere, much less go home without falling off and hurting himself, thought Bani'rettr as he witnessed Seruxis' fruitless attempts to mount his own dawmere. "Garrus, help him up into the saddle. I'll watch from the other end so he won't slip off from there," said Bani'rettr as he moved into position on the opposite side of the dawmere from Seruxis and Garrus. "Just get him to the healers for the evening, we can decide who he can stay with next morning," Bani'rettr added as he prepared to help Seruxis up. Bani'rettr began to seriously feel concerned about what had happened between Seruxis and Kyori. They usually seemed to be so happy together.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:57 pm

"I can do it myself!" Seruxis growled managing to pull himself up into the saddle, wavering dangerously in the saddle as he clung to the neck of his mount, practically strangling the poor animal which was now doing a nervous tap dance, tossing its head and nickering loudly in discontent. Seruxis did not feel good....his vision was really swimming and his stomach was churning something awful....

He leaned forward even more, out of the saddle, as he did so, groaning, one foot slipping from a stirrup...and the next spectacle was a site to see. One foot in a stirrup, leaned out over his mount, Seruxis slipped, grabbing onto the dawmere's neck tightly, the animal let out a loud cry of protest rearing up as the templar swung about the neck, one foot in a stirrup. The saddle strained and the animal was putting up a fuss and then Seruxis hit the ground hard, his head smacking off the stone floor with a resounding thunk. Serxuis just lay their stunned for a few minutes, his head ringing, a pain cutting through it and making his vision swim even more, the corners getting fuzzy. His stomach was feeling like a horde of angry eels....

He groaned sitting up and rolling to the side, on all fours, "...someone kill that devil thing..." he groaned before he raised a hand to his mouth, covering it, as he felt absolutely sick to his stomach. He didn't handle alcohol well, he never did. It was one reason he never really drank honestly....but now...

Seruxis began to make heaving sounds before pulling himself up against his dawmere again, more like collapsing against the side of the animal. He made one attempt to put an arm over the animal before seeming to give up and sliding back to the ground, going to his knees with a thunk, then leaning over to give a few more dry heaves before he began to finally vomit.

The templar was in a lot worse shape then probably was first figured.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am

[[As far as the healing process goes of an Inquisitor, we haven't seen what its actually like in the main manga so what I have described below is just what I believe to be how an Inquisitor would do it. Someone correct me or find me a dt reference where an Inquisitor was healing and ill change my healing description if necessary. ^^ ]]

Tai'ka jumped back a bit not expecting the level of response in Seruxis' reaction. Taika pulled her headband back up above her forehead just because it seemed his drunkenness had for now, temporarily voided her minor empathic power for healing purposes and she wanted to see what was going on in normal vision. Now, if she really wanted to heal him, although she would rather not do any major healing in a semi-crowded barroom. She also knew healing of that type would be overkill, until she started sensing his body's stress levels as she followed the drunk Templar path's behind Garrus out the door into the stables where the mount was tied to.

"Relax?! After seeing the state he is in Garrus? It would be stupid to leave him alone after all that!" Tai'ka asked with all seriousness as she stormed besides Garrus and went closer to Seruxis. Until she stopped and had to do a 180 to Banni'rettr and point her finger very agitated at him. "Are you fucking kidding me!? No need to get him to the healers, I AM the fucking healer for Goddess Damn sake! What is with you recruits these days?!"

Seruxis made her concerned, Garrus annoyed her a bit when he said he could take care of Seru, and then with Bani'rettr saying what he just said, the three men just pissed off their healer and female comrade. "It's ALREADY been decided where he's going to be staying, and he doesn't need to go to the main healing area since I'm here doofus! I consider that an insult, you recruit!" Bani'rettr did not deserve to be called by his name after she took offense to what he said.

She prayed to Sharess for patience from doing something she would regret later. Because Tai'ka wanted to slap Banni'rettr. However the Inquisitor had more pressing concerns as she rushed over to Seru's side and knelt down besides him, taking off her shall from over her arms to increase her healing potential and pulling her blindfold back over her eyes for concentration since it was time to get serious. She put a hand on his back and a hand on the back of his neck, and then her hands became engulfed in light and mana as she started a healing process onto Seruxis.

"Seru? Seru! Listen to my words, don't try to reply! Ease into the healing power I am giving you, the dry heaving will stop and your body will stop hurting but if you have to vomit then do so! Don't hesitate!" Tai'ka said to her casualty, in as clear and level a voice that she could as she concentrated on getting the poison of the alcohol out of Seru's body and into the vomit which Seruxis still had to do. She would keep his insides from hurting too much or rupturing as he puked his guts up. Although he would still need a good night's rest to fully recover after everything was said and done. Turning her blindfolded face to glance at the aura shapes of Banni'rettr and Garrus nearby, she looked back at Seruxis and continued her healing. He was going to make her tired from healing him up after all the booze he drank tonight.

"Keep an eye out please.. This will take a few moments at .. least." Her words were spaced more apart now, thanks to concentrating on what she had to do. The guy really did overload on drinks as she kept working on the heaving Templar.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 am

Garrus felt a white streak go up his spine as he saw Seruxis fall off his dawmere. He was horrified at the sight and ran over to him, fearing he busted his head or broke his neck. Thankfully seemed to be in one piece, on the other he was going to lose what he drank tonight.

Tai'ka seemed to be enraged and did not seem to like poor Bani'rettr. I hope after they get Seru fix up things will settle down.

When the In Inquisitor told the to keep an eye out. Garrus looked around and thankfully no one on the street seemed to be too interested in the Kyrols and their business. He did noticed the poor startled looking daemere.

"Ah your poor thing, come here." Garrus said as he gently took the reins and petted it on the nose. "Your good daemere, your just a little scared." the continued to coo at the beast and it seemed to have worked. Garrus could not chance Seruxis getting on his daemere again, risking further injury. This time if he made a move to get on again... they might tangle. That was something Garrus was not looking forward to.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Unfortunately, it looked like Seruxis was determined to quickly mount his dawmere without the help of the more sober templars. Bani'rettr was briefly startled as Seruxis' dawmere reared up in reaction to the templar's clumsy mounting. The templar slipped from his saddle and crashed to the ground headfirst before Bani'rettr could manage to catch him.

"Shit!" Bani'rettr quickly stepped in, but was cautious about moving the other templar in case he was severely injured. Fortunately, Seruxis slowly got up, albeit in intense pain and soon vomiting the contents of his stomach onto the ground.

"My apologies...I didn't know that you and Garrus had reached a consensus so soon. Take care of Seruxis for now, we'll deal with the animals and the crowd" Bani'rettr shot back. They were under a fair degree of pressure with Seruxis coming close to killing himself accidentally. They'd have time to apologize and sort things out later, but now was not the time to be concerned with being overly polite.

In accordance with Tai'ka's last request, Bani'rettr waved away the gathering rubberneckers in order to give the Inquisitor some space to work as Garrus calmed down the frightened dawmere. "This time, let's walk Seruxis back to the outpost," he spoke to Garrus in a more somnolent tone. That was far too close for Bani'rettr's taste.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 am

The dawmere nickered a few more times before it calmed down, although it continued to paw at the ground nervously. Seru though took Taika's advice somewhat, vomiting up everything he ate that day and all the booze he had just inhaled earlier. He groaned as the last bit came up, dry heaving now and shaking his head, "ugh....vomit....sick....that alcohol..."he slurred before going very still eyes widening, "Dear sharess...that alcohol must have been tainted! I'm turning into a demon aren't I?!"

He got unsteady to his feet, groping for his blade, seeming intent on killing himself for "being tainted" when in fact he was not. It wasn't like he could figure that out in his state, "By the merciful goddess, I am cursed! This booze is the work of the Vel'Vlozress! The drink of monsters!"

He moved away from Taika stumbling about in a semi-circle as he tried to draw his blade, "And now the scabbard betrays me! Why!? Why!?"

He really, really, REALLY had had to much to drink tonight.

((Sorry for this late post! Life was BUSY D8 but got time to post AT LAST!!!))
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 am

(No worries)
Garrus felt a white chill crawl up his back when Seruxis started going nuts. The moment he saw him go for his sword, he knew what Seru had in mind. Garrus could not let him do that and he knew there was only one alternative, he had to take down Seru and It wasn't going to be easy that's for sure. He's just as good of a fighter as he is, if he didn't take him down on the first try, he would be in for a brawl with a drunk Seru.

Leaving the dawmere, Garrus charged at Seruix, almost slipping on the vomit as he went. Instead of punching him in the face with his gauntlet, Garrus choose to elbow him across the face, and the wrestle with Seruix, trying to keep the sword in the scabbard and use any opportunity he could get to get him on the ground. "Ban! help me with this." Sharess why didn't he think about that earlier, Bani'rettr is right there.

More than a few of the locals started to watch from the streets or their windows, as the drowssus fought outside the bar.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:12 am

Things took an unexpected turn for the worse when Seruxis came under the impression that drinking alcohol had tainted him somehow. It would have been funny if it weren't for the fact that he was frantically trying to draw his sword in an attempt to commit suicide. Garrus was quick on his feet, rushing over to knock the drunken templar to the floor. Bani'rettr immediately followed, quickly dashing behind Seruxis and hooking his arms around the drunken templar's biceps in an attempt to restrain him.

"You're not tainted, Seruxis! None of us are!" he growled, trying to calm the crazed drowussu before he harmed anyone. He had no choice but to leave it to Garrus to disarm Seruxis for the time being. Seruxis was as strong as he looked, but Sharess willing the two other templars and Tai'ka would be able to subdue him harmlessly. An extended fight was the last thing they needed...

"Go back inside..." growled Bani'rettr to the rubberneckers. Didn't they have anything else to do, even in a Sharess-forsakenly dull place like Val'Raveran? A number obliged, somewhat frightened by the foreign drowussu causing a scuffle in the streets. The Kyorls did not have the best reputation for non-violence among many in Val'Raveran.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 am

She was dealing with idiots. That was the only thing Tai'ka could describe more simply than calling them the mouthy one, the impulsive, and the drunk. She wanted to kick Banni'rettr in the balls good and hard for the talking down to a superior officer a few minutes earlier. She wanted to slap Garrus in the back of the head for possibly injuring Seruxis more, who was clearly confused thanks to how much alcohol was still in his bloodstream. And she wanted and needed to get Seruxis back to her apartment asap with the kind of shape he was in. Tai'ka suspected she might even have to chain him to the bed with her inquisitor gear to keep him from trying to harm his well being if he was going to react like a retarded tainted on a drinking splurge.

Getting to her feet she and pointed to the surrounding gathering of patrons from the bar. "Move along!" She shouted at the audience, actually getting some of them to get going once they saw an aggravated Inquisitor about to instill female justice to those who got in her way. Or as she was about to do, to get the attention of those disorderly males wrestling on the ground. "That is ENOUGH!"

It truly was enough for the woman clad in black and spikes. She promptly grabbed the ears of Banni'rettr and Garrus, pinched hard and yanked up abruptly so that she had both their attention. "Take his weapons, but get OFF of him, NOW! I've had it with you, you saucy bitch of a recruit! Stating the obvious is bad enough, telling a superior what to do when I was already doing it, that's grounds for punishment and to be placed on report!" Turning to Garrus next and keeping a firm grip on each of their ear's, Tai'ka continued her berating of those two. "And you Garrus! You went ahead and made him look worse for wear than he already is! That nose is definitely broken, and probably needs an hour of reconstructive empathic surgery! What in all of Sharess is wrong with you?!"

If they didn't get it already, Tai'ka was livid with those two Templar's with their idiotic actions. And with them having their ears yanked on as hard as she was doing so, Tai'ka made to kick Seruxis' sword away from his body. In the motion she accidentally kicked him slightly as she pushed it away from the beaten up male. "For Goddess fucking sake, you should realize you do not dis' the girl in black wearing spikes, and you should damned well know not to injure an already hurt person, ESPECIALLY since he is one of our own clan!"
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Celice » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:33 am

Seruxis was drunk, the elbow was enough to level him. He went down like a ton of bricks, eyes rolling up into the back of his head as he struggled to keep consciousness, even as his vision swam. He felt sicker now then earlier with the alcohol swirling in his head. He gave a groan, wondering why his face was in so much pain or why the metallic taste of blood was in his mouth.

"Ugh....wha...whatsh going on....?" he slurred, head lolling as his body just refused to function anymore. He felt a sharp kick to him and that was it. Seruxis was out like a light, now a very heavy deadweight in the arms of the two templars, mouth open, blood dripping from his broken nose and out his mouth. It looked more like he had just been through a war, rather than just having bit to drink. His head was going to be ringing in the morning from how many hits he took to it...
Celice
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive