Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran: How Many Drinks Does it Take? (Public :3 )

Val'Raveran: How Many Drinks Does it Take? (Public :3 )

Postby Celice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 am

(( Been a slow day in RP land everywhere, so making a bit of a silly/fun thread to fool around in for anyone in the Raveran area and looking for something a little less serious and more playful :) ))

It had been a long, long, long day for patrol. New recruits making a mess, young wardens practically tripping over themselves, paperwork given at the last minute to be finished with an hour of receiving it, his own warden giving him a headache and getting an argument with him, banishment from the house for the evening...it had been far to long a day.

That was why he was here, helmet on the counter, slumped forward, swirling his fourth mug of some strong booze that had tasted horrible to start with, but now had dulled into something or another. He didn't even remember what the hell he was drinking anymore. Whatever it was, it had to be strong. The templar slumped forward, propping his head up, scowling, eyes half closed. He wasn't drunk, but he wasn't quite sober either. Perhaps a dash tipsy. He was getting odd looks from the other patrons. Well the sight of a fully armored templar, drinking slumped over the counter, scowling at nothing in particular wasn't quite normal templar behavior...but what did they expect? Him to drink his goddess-dang drink with his pinky out and professing his undying love to the goddess with every sip?

The only praying he was doing now was to wish his warden got hit by a dawmere...he was still...irked at her for earlier. Everything always seemed to be his fault. If Chel'El'Sussoloth was invaded by giant devil tikis, somehow it would be his fault. Seruxis snorted and rubbed his forehead with one hand with a sigh. For trying to forget about his problems, he was remembering to much. There was only one solution for that.

"Another drink tender," he growled in his low voice, pushing his now empty mug away.

He wondered how many more he needed to be drunk on the counter without a care in the world.
Celice
Vel'akar

Re: Val'Raveran: How Many Drinks Does it Take? (Public :3 )

Postby Alric » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:09 am

Bani'rettr stepped in through the bar's front door, removing his helm as he took a look around. It had been a long day, and the Templar figured that his time off duty would be best started with a trip to the local tavern frequented by many Kyorls in Val'raveran. The inn didn't exclusively cater to Kyorl'solenurn or drowussu in general, but the location close to the Kyorl'solenurn outpost made it popular among such clientele.

The young templar caught sight of Seruxis slumped against the bar, a large mug of booze in his hand. Many of the other patrons were giving him a few puzzled looks. It looked as if Seruxis had seen better days, but maybe a talk would help him feel better. After shooting the rubberneckers a few looks to convince them to back down, Bani'rettr sat down besides the other templar and motioned the bartender over. "I'll take whiskey on the rocks," he said before turning his attention to Seruxis. If Seruxis was on his way to getting drunk Bani'rettr figured he might as well join him.

"What's the problem?" asked Bani'rettr with typical stoicism as the bartender prepared their drinks. "You look like a dawmere pissed in your breakfast this morning." Seruxis was never the most lively templar about, but it was rare for Bani'rettr to see him quite like this.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Celice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 am

"I don't know about breakfast....but this drink tastes like dawmere piss..." Seruxis, grumbled lifting his head a bit to scowl at the drink before proceeding to drink it anyways, "And I really don't want to talk about today..." the senior templar finished his mug and slammed it down before waving the tender, "Give me another hit of whatever this is..."

The tender gave a nod as he gave Bani'Rettr his drink, moving to fulfill Seruxis's order. The templar slumped more, propping his head up with one hand, scowling at the four empty mugs , impatiently waiting for his fifth mug, "All I am going to say is the damn person in charge of paperwork needs to be slow roasted...." he growled.

The tender returned with another mug, and Seruxis grabbed it, glared at the contents and snorted, "This stuff is disgusting..."he grumbled before taking another sip despite his apparent dislike for whatever drink it was.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:45 am

Bani'rettr nodded sagely at Seruxis' explanation, what there was of it. He'd let the poor man drink a bit more and relax, let it out of his system. The younger templar quickly finished his own drink, letting the empty glass sit before daring to ask for another. He had a feeling that Seruxis might just get even more plastered than he already was. Bani'rettr reached for a bowl of nuts, placing it between the two of them. "Here. Have some of these."

"Ah yes, Warden Hira'ki is far too fond of paperwork and putting things off to the last moment just to torment her subordinates," grumbled Bani'rettr as he received his next drink. "Hm, if it's that bad how about trying something else?" Preferably something with less alcohol content, Bani'rettr added to himself. The templar made a mental note to make this his last drink for the time being. Seruxis should be cut off any moment now...
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 am

Its been a long but day today. A full day of patrolling and saving Nathens daughter from slavers. Fresh from a bath and dressed in his chain mail shirt and black clothing. Garrus was looking forward to a good time of drinking to finish his day.

Entering the tavern with a smile, he headed straight for the bar. To his amazement he saw Seruxis and the new guy Bani'rettr sitting there. "Greeting gents." he smiled to the two Templars before turning to the bartender "A grog please."

"Why so glum Seruxis?" Garrus said as he sat down, leaving an empty stool between them. "You look like you need to trade wardens for a week end. A little time with Garrus will straighten any warden problem out." He meant it as a joke but it didn't think it was a bad idea thinking about how he complected things when he asked his warden to be his mate...
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:20 pm

[[Entering thread :P ]]

As she was finding where the nearest bar was at for a good drink, a messenger came along her way and reported they finally worked out the apartment snafu at the admin office, and they gave Tai'ka a smallish apartment in the Kyorl sector of Raveran. Not in the temple for privacy and yet still within easy reach of the temple for all clan needs. The Inquisitor didn't know it yet but her apartment was relatively close to her new friend Aiva and her apartment, which meant she could still talk to the girl from time to time which brightened her mood some.

Because she was thinking of what she did earlier. It was an off the record operation which she was glad went well after all things were considered, with the blessing of Sharess of course. She wasn't sure where Garrus had went to visually, but it was easy to track his aura through the crowd now that she was familiar with his mana signature. And for an experienced inquisitor from Chel like herself, finding the needle in this proverbial haystack was easy.

Soon enough, she walked into the semi-crowded bar and saw Garrus, along with two other templars. A young one, who looked like a new recruit and another who was definitely close to full-on drunkenness. Shaking her head, she felt a lot of discontent, bitterness and misplaced ill-will from the older looking and zealous with his drinks male. She sat on the other side of Garrus for now, not sure if he knew she was there or not as she glided onto the seat, although a few people took a look or two and slightly gasped at her as she came in, not used to the clothes or the spikes with the Kyorl emblem that she normally wore. At least that's what she figured anyway. She usually got that reaction and it always brought a small smile to her face when she saw their reactions. Or maybe because she was an Inquisitor wearing those clothes. Whatever the case, she liked their reactions always.

"Chel rum, if you have it bartender." It was an imported drink of course, but one of few that she knew and liked after a hard day of work. She was might have been an empath but as long as she did not go overboard like the older templar in the group of males there, she would be fine with only one drink. For now, she was the only drowussu girl that she could see and sense in the bar.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Celice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Seruxis downed about half of his fifth drink, scowling before slumping forward again, slamming the mug down, "Greetings Garrus..." the templar grumbled making a vain attempt to salute, nearly poking himself in the eye before groaning and rubbing his temples and slumping further on the bar, "ugh...wardens. Don't talk about the harpy scourges of my life. Only advice I can past to you is never get work and mating mixed up...damn warden..."

He finished off his fifth drink and waved the tender for another, "And I'm drinking this Bani'Rettr, because I can drink myself under, go pass out an alleyway and die tonight," the miserable templar grumbled, "No offense templar Garrus...I doubt you would look right in a dress. You have no legs for it," he said, dead serious, scowling at the sixth drink like it was a personal offense to him.

It was odd that even drinking, he never lost that drill sergeant attitude. Only now he had confused Garrus's words for wanting to be paired with Garrus dressing as the warden. He gave a sigh swirling the sixth drink, almost looking like he might put it down and call it a rest...but then quickly knocked it back and slammed the mug down and nearly face planted in the bar, "But damn her! I do everything for her, would jump off a blood building and she blames all the woes of the world on me. Bloody...stupid...warden woman!" he said, his tone more slurred.

For now, the drunk, ranting templar had not noticed Taika yet, but then, his vision was probably blurred to the point he couldn't see much, "and how about you boys? Your day any bloody better?" he grumbled waving for another drink.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Bani'rettr waved in greeting to the two newcomers. He had met Garrus before but hadn't become familiar with the inquisitor, though he had seen her about the Kyorl'solenurn outpost here. Maybe they'd be able to help him drag Seruxis out should worse come to worse.

The Templar of the Sentinel Eye nursed his whiskey as he addressed the new arrivals. "How fare you two?" he asked. "I'll let Seruxis explain his predicament. He's having a rough time of it..."

Bani'rettr listened to Seruxis continue to explain his predicament with the others. "Yeah...fights with your mate can be tough. You should wait for her and you to cool off before explaining what happened, less likely to start another fight that way. And don't go see her drunk either," advised Bani'rettr. It was looking more and more likely that someone was going to have to hold the poor guy up if he kept drinking like this.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 pm

"Hahaha, thems fighting words." Garrus laughed before sipping his beer. He would have laughed way harder because how rare was it for him to hear something funny like that coming from Seruxis. But he felt really sorry for the guy and seeing him drink like this made him worried. His warden must be a bit of a bitch to him, poor guy. Thankfully Aiva was a different breed of warden to Kyori.

"My days been good, nothing much to brag about... other then my own warden problems." He gave Seruxis a pat on the back and winced as he mentioned mixing work and mating. "Your a good man Seruxis but you should slow down and enjoy yourself, your with friends now."

He then realized Tai'ka was beside him and his face brighten right up "Tai'ka, you made it!" but it didn't last long thou, his wide smile and rich eyes softened as he realized Aiva didn't join her. "Let me introduce to Seruxis and Bani'rettr. Guys this is Tai'ka."

(Edit: Oops didnt mean to put 'my Tai'ka' so I just changed to 'this is Tai'ka')
Last edited by django on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:37 pm

She ignored the recruit slightly, having not been formally introduced to him at that point as she passed a couple coins to the tender for her drink. Taking a small sip, it was true Chel Rum which had a burnt taste to it but it was one of the few drinks which had a good taste in Tai'ka opinion. Already she could get a better sense of the three males she had the chance of meeting as she savored her drink.

The younger recruit Templar, he didn't impress upon her at all with his constant advice. Garrus was fine, and an okay male. This she knew because of just working with him on the Vanessa raid. Now this other guy, the drunk.. she was pretty sure he had a rough day or night, or a couple days of rough and this bar just happened to be the best place he figured he could get booze for whatever his problems were.

Tai'ka noticed and smiled when Garrus took note of her at last. The Lady Inquisitor rose her glass in a small salute before giving them any words of greetings. She took a moment to nod to the two sober males though, before fingering a spike on her collar and deciding on the right thing to say to the drunk.

"Yeah, I made it. It wasn't hard following your aura here. :3" She replied with a smile, before looking at Seruxis again. "Although I don't think he's going to make it much more. Seruxis was it? Is she really worth all this booze?" Tai'ka asked, wondering if going out in a drunken blase of glory in all that alcohol was the true way to forget a girl, in particular a warden.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby Celice » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:44 pm

((sorry for the delay in posting! Big test had to study for and art contest to finish XD Now finally have the time to sit down and write up a decent post ^^))

Seruxis grumbled a bit, scowling, "If someone offers me any more advice, I'll write up a report ticket about them...don't say I won't!" he looked up at the newcomer bleary eye, before giving a groan and rubbing his face, "Of course she isn't worth it...she isn't really worth anything but the drinking is taking my mind off things...thank you so bloody much for reminding me of why I am drinking," he growled before knocking back another drink.

He couldn't even remember which drink this was now...everything was starting to blur together now, "Urgh...and I still have to convert my office into a bedroom to live out of...curl up right in between the stacks of paperwork..." he slurred, looking unsteady now.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Bani'rettr shrugged at Seruxis' reply. He'd probably had had his fill of friends attempting to give him help. It was probably for the best to have him drink it off for the time being. Bani'rettr took a slug of his own drink before speaking once more. "Hm...maybe you could stay at someone else's place instead of your office?" He wasn't quite ready to offer his own place just yet, but perhaps someone else would be instantly willing. Seruxis definitely didn't deserve to sleep on the floor. Not even Crusaders stooped that low.

"Well met, Tai'ka. I've already been acquainted with Garrus earlier," replied Bani'rettr with a nod. "As for me...just dealing with all the stress of being the new guy at the garrison. It's really different than Chel here...different sorts of...impurities." Bani'rettr punctuated his last statement with a drink of his whiskey. There were no tainted here anymore, thank Sharess, but he didn't see half-breeds as much of an offense, at least not one worth killing over.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

"Alright Seruxis, no will bother you about your drinking." Garrus said before taking another drink of his grog. He thought there wouldn't be much point on pestering Seruxis on the subject at this point. Besides Garrus came here to have a good time, not lecher somebody on how much he should drink.

"Nice to meet you again Bani'rettr. It seem there's been quit a few new people coming into town. Since we last met, I was just showing Tai'ka and another new kid Serra'tae around town."

He turned back to Tai'ka for the moment "And what's so not hard about tracking my aura? Are you saying I'm fat or something?" He grunted as if he was offended. but it was clear there was no venom behind it, he was only messing with her.

"Tell me Tai'ka you got any kids of your own back in Chel?" He said in his normal voice. "Wanna see a *picture of my daughter?"

*More like a well done sketch.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:11 pm

[[Wasn't sure if I'd get a post off on Christmas Eve or not, but here is one. Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays & Seasons Greetings from me to you. ^_^]]

"He'll do it too." Tai'ka confirmed for Banni'rettr and Garrus about Seruxis amusing drunk induced threat. "Well then if she isn't worth it, then lets stop talking about her." For some mirth of her own, Tai'ka was hoping to make sure the guy stayed drinking instead of throwing bottles or mugs and drinks around, making a scene. Last thing he needed was to sleep off his hangover in the Temple's cell block with the other corrupt who awaited cleansing. She felt the want to help to continue in the young Templar, and that was noble of him however she could see that male hesitation would play in his mind with his inexperience. Tai'ka also knew Garrus couldn't offer any accommodation to Seruxis either because he needed personal time with Aiva'hl when they were together. Taking another sip, Tai'ka arched an eyebrow at Banni'rettr's comment concerning his sightings of impurities in Val'Raveran as she thought about the drunk. She would comment on that problem after stating a potential solution to Seruxis, if he was coherent enough to accept her proposition.

"Templar Seruxis.. I can offer you my apartment tonight to help you to, shall we say - recover. Can you still understand me Seruxis?" She asked, her empathy really getting a feel of how messed up Seruxis was making himself and knew she probably made the right decision to offer her place for him to stay. Even if they only just met in the span of a few minutes over the counter of a bar that she followed someone else's aura to. Not the best of circumstances along with her apartment was probably new so she hoped she did not just give herself an unexpected clean up bill after what Seruxis would probably be throwing up later on.

It was Garrus who brought her out of her thoughts, which brought her a soft smile to her face making her reminiscent of her own past. "No kids yet Garrus. Too busy with duty to the clan, training for the faith and the rules my House imposes for checks on potential mates... well, no, no kids yet." She repeated, trying to stay simple in her answer, then laughing. "Fat? You really don't know how Inquisitor's use their power do you. :b" Teased Tai'ka, not saying yes or no to his fat aura remark, making sure to keep the humour in the air. And to explain what her House did to filter out good mates once she chose and submitted a few names was ridiculously bureaucratic, yet her family was a stubborn bunch when it came to a strong empathic line in her family tree. "Sure Garrus, I'd love to a pic of them. :3" It wasn't often someone offered to show their kids to her, and along with that, Tai'ka didn't mind socializing with these males to enjoy the evening after a successful day.

And as she patiently waited to see the picture of her friend's child, the offer she gave to Seruxis was genuine. Tai'ka only wondered if he had that *one too many* yet. The guy looked awfully tipsy.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:07 am

He thought about offering Seruxis to stay at his place for the night but Garrus thought about the personal time he might need with his warden. When Tai'ka offered her place up, it only made him more worried. Nothing against Tai'ka but if Seruxis warden ever catches wind of him leaving the bar to other ladies place for the night, It might cause problems. Hopefully Seruxis passes out soon so he can take that opportunity to take Seruxis home with him and avoid any unnessary conflict.

He smiled as he passed the drawing of his daughter. "No kids? That's too bad Tai'ka, you look like you would be a good mother. You ever consider joining a new house? I can think of a few house's that you don't need to jump through hoops to get with somebody. My mom had a problem with her family in Chel, so she moved here."

He wasn't trying to talk Tai'ka into anything. All he thought about was he could help his friend out. "That's my Daughter Mara. Shes not with us any more but still find myself showing off." He managed to hide most of the guilt from his face but he still felt very blue it on the inside.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive