Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Moons End Festival: Day 1 <Open to all!>

Re: Moons End Festival: Day 1 <Open to all!>

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Shosho looked up at the new arrival. An Illhar'dro! She could feel his frustration and worry, perhaps sales were going badly, though she couldn't see how that was possible at Moons end. Time to make a good impression. She gripped her bug-on-a-stick with her teeth and slipped on her cloak over the muddy dress. When she was confident the stains were all hidden from view she slipped away from the other children and appeared near him.

She clasped her hands and food behind her back and bowed. "My lord. If you need anything." Her voice was loud enough to be heard yet unobtrusive. It would not disturb the conversation. She looked up at him with a charming little smile, still bowing. Her wide grey eyes full of innocence.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby django » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 am

"Hi Napheto, I'm Daken."

"Daken, come on, your next." "Ok Mom. I gatta go guys it nice meeting you two. Hope to see you later." Daken then took off to meet with his mother.

As Daken order his food, Mae cocked her head as she turned to the Vender beside the food stand. "What kind of mushrooms are you selling kid?"

(Small post)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 am

"Many kinds, my lady," said Detir'nah, making a sweeping gesture and using sleight of hand to produce a handful of different types.

"Of course, if one simply is hungry, I have many edible fungi for roasting, eating raw, etc." Five of six types vanished, leaving an ordinary looking fungus behind.

"Any drink can be spiced up if you so desire, and so I have flavoring fungi as well." And now the ordinary fungus was replaced by a deep brown and amber mushroom. A moderately rare breed, it tasted of nutmeg and mint.

"However," -and here Detir'nah spoke in a low, theatrically lilting tone- "For the truly adventurous, I have recently come into possession of several types of hallucinogenic mushrooms. Ranging from mushrooms safe enough to keep small children entertained" -and he produced a small button-sized mushroom that glowed light blue and produced a minor hallucination of pretty colors bobbing about your head-" to some that are legal, but extremely powerful."-he replaced the button-sized 'shroom with a large, green and orange mushroom that glowed with rippling strands o twinkling yellow that could knock you out and create dreams of high fantasy and grand adventure.

"Take your pick, gentledrow and honored Vals, for I am at your service."

((Note: While not probably the most typical situation, I'm calling it plausible that Detir'nah would have made several trips for 'shrooms for the Moons End Festival))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Shosho watched the tricks and listened to the talk with a look of innocent fascination which hid her true feelings of bored indifference. She was quite used to sales-pitches and sleight of hand was nothing new to her. The looks and colours of the mushrooms were rather more interesting. One or two of them she'd seen before. The one used for flavouring was a common sight around the kitchens.

The Illhar'dro Val was getting quite caught up in his own theatrics, She could feel it, was starting to enjoy herself. No he was enjoying himself. To stop herself getting caught up and confused she took a few steps further backwards and tried to focus on someone, anyone else. A lot of eager happy feelings, with undertones of worry flooded over her; excited wonder at the smells and sounds and sights, they belonged to the festival goers, adults and children. There were the feelings of more people conducting sales, and the nervousness of some hoping that their scam wouldn't get noticed. Then suddenly nearby there were strong sly, sneaky feelings, a tense bundle of nerves, fear and a sense of gnawing hunger. Whoever those belonged to hadn't eaten for a while. She moved closer to them, her curiosity dragging her on to a nearby stall. The store had been left unattended, which was worrying, no one in their right mind would do that! Had she looked into the alley behind she would have seen two merchants sitting there with happy dazed smiles on their faces with equally dazed, happy thoughts in their heads.

There was a ragged, feeble looking slave crouching and dipping a hand into a crate. A half-open crate full of mushrooms. Said slave was busy stuffing her own face with them. The mushrooms looked creepy, orange and green and just creepy. Weren't they just like the Val's? "Hey! Hey! Don't eat those!" She shouted running up. She stopped just out of reach as feelings of surprise and anger flowed over her. She hopped nervously from one foot to another, not sure what to do. The feelings from the slave changed suddenly. Spiking and twisting in ways she couldn't understand. Then they blanked as the slave passed out. She whimpered, slammed the lid back on the creepy mushrooms before running quickly back to the Ilhar'dro and telling him what she'd seen in quick breathless words, no doubt interrupting his sale.
Last edited by Rilla Treespirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 am

Detir'nah swore.

Then he ran back to the crates, still swearing.

"Sharessdammit, she WOULD get into the Hyperaluuci Fungi, wouldn't she?" griped Detir. He quickly leaned in to listen to the slave's breathing and feel for a heartbeat. Both were flying off the charts with their speed and intensity. Even as he did so, the symptoms of a Hyperaluuci overdose began to hit, the most obvious of which were extreme convulsions and explosive vomiting and diarrhea.

"SARGHRESS!!" roared Detir at Mae, surprisingly loud for a girly-boy. "You are no stranger to distasteful tasks, and I am too weak physically. I need you to hold her down while I administer the antidote. Move swiftly, we have little time!!!" As he spoke, he opened another crate and took out two blue and red mushrooms and chewed them into a fine paste before rubbing them onto a thin blade secreted in his hip pouch.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Mae almost jumped out of her boots as somebody called out "SARGHRESS", "You are no stranger to distasteful tasks, and I am too weak physically. I need you to hold her down while I administer the antidote. Move swiftly, we have little time!!!"

Mae looked at the down and out slave with a worried look. "Ah hell. Daken stay right here." She said to her son, Daken on the other hand, watched his mom hold down the slave with a nervous face. "Mommy is she going to be ok?" "I don't know." was all she said before turning back to help the Illo kid. She held down the slave by the shoulder and made sure to watch for any sudden movements.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Detir'nah spat into his palm and rubbed the paste onto the blade.

To clarify, the blade was a very narrow rondel-style weapon only about 1 inch in length and a sixteenth of an inch in diameter. It was of diamond cross-section, but the edges were not sharpened to the degree of a typical bladed knife. It was made of an extremely strong alloy and cost a lot more than usual, but the grooves on the faces showed that this was intended as a poison or medicine applying weapon, so it was deadly in it's own right if used properly.

Detir'nah grabbed the slave's arm, sat on it, and stabbed twice into the bicep, then moved to the legs and stabbed once in each quadricep. Swiftly, he applied a woven pad and bandage, tightening to apply pressure and stop bleeding. The wounds appeared to be superficial and would not significantly cause injury to a person. Applied intravenously, however, Detir knew that the mushrooms were extremely powerful.

"With luck, she'll survive," he said, spitting to rid his mouth of the fungal juices. "Hold her steady, Sarghress, we need to monitor her reactions to see how it goes."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Young Shosho had followed them back and was standing a little way back watching them. When Detir'nah started stabbing the poor slave she made a soft whimpering noise. The slave didn't even seem to notice this as she was too busy convulsing, vomiting all over and generally making a mess of things. She wasn't sure how stabbing her was going to help but he was bandaging her up too so she assumed he knew what he was doing. He didn't seem very positive.

Not knowing what else to do, she grabbed a bucket from the stall, to go and fetch some water. A short way down the street and around two corners was a small square, she ran there quickly. A fountain topped with a statue of Sharess was covered in graffiti, but the water was clean enough. She filled the bucket and carried it back. By the time she was back at the scene the inevitably crowd was gathering as people stopped to see what the fuss was all about. She made her way through them.

Shosho put the bucket down near the Sarghress mother. Daken was staring at the scene, clearly nervous and frightened. He was closer to the small crowd. She moved over and smiled at him, wanting to calm herself down as much as him. "Come on." She reached out to take his hand and tugged it gently. She wanted to step behind the stall, away from the people rapidly gathering round. The added advantage was that he wouldn't be able to see the slave as clearly there. Glancing at the slave herself she gagged and looked away. The worst of the convulsions were now over fortunately, now she just twitched every now and then, her breathing was quick and shallow, the smell was awful.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 am

*sigh*

"Phew. Okay. Crisis averted," said Detir'nah. "On a related note: Sarghress, Young Miss ((addressing Shosho)), this slave cost me quite a bit of money. I am about to go yell at some people for being lax with security. If you are willing, I would request that you come with to extort ada out of some idiots who deserve to lose their money. I would give you a small cut of the earnings if you are willing."

((IE: Anybody up for a small roleplay where we go and shake down the security and the owner of the slave, which may lead us to get into a serious misadventure trying to convince Chel security that we're not terrorists.))
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:20 am

((Shosho is just a little girl you know, and a servant girl from your clan at that.))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:34 am

((Hm. Did not realize that she was Illhar'dro. The offer still stands though. Cuteness + Badassery = Intimidation. How tall is she and how should I address her?))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 am

((She's 16 and small for her age. Think human 8 year old. Will gladly take up the offer to follow him around, you will not be able to get rid of her.))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Mae's eyes widened as the Illo child stabbed the slave. "Daken look away." But she was too late, Daken saw it all and it sickened the poor child. It was a very unpleasant sight to see a person gets stabbed. Mae wondered were the Illo child learned this from, it's certainly nothing shes ever seen before.

She was thankful thou for the other little girl to take her son away from here. Her poor little man.

Daken on the other hand, fought with his insides. His stomach twisted and turned, but he managed not to puke during the whole ordeal.

"Are you sure this is going to work? I've never seen anybody stab anyone to give them ointment, and I've seen alot of medical stuff."

((Don't know about that, Mae here trying to have fun with her son. She probably isn't interested in working today shaking up some slavers))
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

django wrote:Mae's eyes widened as the Illo child stabbed the slave. "Daken look away." But she was too late, Daken saw it all and it sickened the poor child. It was a very unpleasant sight to see a person gets stabbed. Mae wondered were the Illo child learned this from, it's certainly nothing shes ever seen before.

She was thankful thou for the other little girl to take her son away from here. Her poor little man.

Daken on the other hand, fought with his insides. His stomach twisted and turned, but he managed not to puke during the whole ordeal.

"Are you sure this is going to work? I've never seen anybody stab anyone to give them ointment, and I've seen alot of medical stuff."

((Don't know about that, Mae here trying to have fun with her son. She probably isn't interested in working today shaking up some slavers))

((Err, this is basically a thicker-than-usual needle. There's not much blood.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Sitting behind the stall with the little boy she she busied herself picking things up and tidying the place up, out of habit more than anything. Daken watched her curiously. By some miracle there were a few crescents left in a money box, which had been left unattended. she slipped them into her purse when no one was looking, they deserved it. If anyone missed them, they'd blame it on the merchants leaving their stand. Her papa wouldn't approve of her stealing but they could do with the money; it would help out at home and he wouldn't have to know how she got it.

At the Illhar'dro Val's request to follow him, she jumped up quickly. Trying not to look guilty. "Of course my lord. As a servant of our clan I'm always ready to assist." She bowed when the words small cut and earnings came up. Her eyes lit up at the thought of it, she was really lucky today, papa might even let her muddy dress slide. "You're most generous, lord Val. I'll do my best. I- I'm an empath, I'm getting much better at it too, would that be useful?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive