Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Moons End Festival: Day 1 <Open to all!>

Moons End Festival: Day 1 <Open to all!>

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 pm

The streets of Chel'el'sussoloth were filled with noise, lights, crowds, stalls, and all manners of fun and merriment that came with the Moons End Festival. Merchants bartered their wares as loudly as they could, the smell of delicious foods wafted through the air, music was played loudly by musicians of all sorts, with adventurous drow wandering to dark alleys and brothels to enjoy themselves.

Parades marched on in the central streets of the city, with no seeming end in sight, and all of this is just a small amount of activities open and waiting for an eager drow to partake in.

So, what are you up to?

((Open to all!))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Moons End Festival: Day 1 <Open to all!>

Postby django » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm

"Mommy, after the parade can we some rides?" "Only if your not a little shit." "OK!"

Mae stood on a balcony with a good view of the parade with her son, little Daken. She wore her raider armor as she held Daken as he sat on the stone railing. She giving some serious thoughts about having another child.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Zenzetra » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Napheto Val'Beldrobbaen took in all the sights and sounds of the festival while walking hand-in-hand with his caretaker and defacto maternal figure Nu'al. In his other hand the boy held a plush Tiktiki doll presumably won at a game of chance or skill. His eyes sparkled radiantly with a hint of admiration for Nu'al.

The two of them rarely ventured into Chel'el'sussoloth together so it was a welcome break from the usual routine. Napheto unabashedly projected an air of happiness; he enjoyed spending time alone with Nu'al as she was the only person he truly trusted in all of his clan. For this brief moment in time the young Bel felt peaceful and wanted more than anything for this walk to last as long as possible.

"Are you getting hungry, Naph'," Nu'al Inquired with a smile. He nodded and replied in a sing-song manner, "Yes I am, indeed. Did you have a particular place in mind?" The young woman shook her head with a soft expression to illustrate her non-preference. "Then let us eat at the nearest food-stand," the Drow child reconciled.

Napheto and Nu'al beheld the parade while enjoying their lunch in the heart of Chel'el'sussoloth.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Bamawing » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 pm

It was a lucky day for Pon'i Dendal.

The Raveran native had almost forgotten about the Moon's End festival. So being in Chel in the first place was a stroke of luck. He managed to find the woman he was looking for without too much hassle, another lucky break. And the fact that he found her before the parade started was the biggest windfall of them all... afterwards, the market would probably be turned around all over again.

Pon'i was a courier, and he had just managed to deliver an order for specialized hair dye. Getting the dye back to Raveran was, thankfully, not his problem. All in all, his luck had been fantastic. The only beetle in his mushroom paste was his empty stomach.

He absently petted a large, black and white creature on his shoulder. "Are you hungry, Thun?" he asked. "I think I see a food stand over there." A small child and woman were ordering. Beldrobbaens, from the black hair ((I'm guessing?)). He got in line behind them.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

"Mommy, can we get something to eat? I'm hungry." Daken said as he looked up at Mae. "Sure thing sweet heart." Mae picked him up and put him down. "And after that can we do some rides?" "Yes Daken you do some rides after you get something to eat."

Mae walked over to a small line up with Daken in hand. "Oh Mommy look! A Kitty!" Daken said with glee. His Mommy on the other hand didn't share her sons reaction. Her eyes just widened, remembering that one time on the surface.

* Seven years ago "Hey Uurea! check this cat out, it's doing a hand stand or something... What the!? Blah"

Mae never would forget that smell.... that smell and those soulless bitty little eyes. Her first thoughts were to get the hell out... but she didn't want to fight the crowds looking for another fucking stand selling the same damn food. Might as well tough it out. It seems domesticated enough.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 am

"Mommy, look! A kitty!" Pon'i turned around to see a small child and his rather startled-looking mother. Looked like a highland raider, from the armor. This also explained her facial expression. His pet, however, yawned and blinked at the pair. There was no threat here.

"Her name is Thun'der," Pon'i said with a smile. "She's an overworld animal called a sk'unk." He glanced up at the Sarg. "You look like you might know her secret. She won't go off unless she's scared or angry; don't worry." He turned back to the child. "Would you like to pet her?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:26 am

The sound of another child broke through the air and caught Napheto's attention. He turned about, his messy green-and-black hair swinging with his movements, to find Pon'i giving his dissertation on a strange new animal. Napheto recognized the crests of Sarghress, but couldn't quite place Pon'i's house. It didn't matter at that point anyway for as soon as Napheto set his emerald-hued eyes on the sk'unk he was captivated by it's strangely familiar appearance. The black and white design reminded him of house Beldrobbaen's artwork.

"Her name is Thun'der. She's an overworld animal called a sk'unk," Pon'i informed the young Sarghress child. The Bel princeling could not help but listen in, fascinated with the strange looking animal.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 pm

"Oh please Mommy, can I pet the sk'unk? Please." Daken begged.

Mae sighed and gave the skunk another look. It looked docile enough "I guess so, as long as it ok with the gentle man." "Yes!" Daken cheered and smiled brightly as he reached up to gently pet Thun'der "Hi Thun'der do you like being pet?"

"Yes, yes I do and that's all I'll really have to say about that." Mae said with a sour face.

It was just then Mae noticed a couple of Bel ahead of them in the line, a mother or protector and young child around the same age as hers but he had green hair of all things. That was something you didn't see every day.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:02 pm

"Yes, yes I do and that's all I'll really have to say about that." Pon'i allowed himself a chuckle at the woman's snarky words. Highland warriors were tough as ada.

"Well, she travels probably as much as you do, and she serves as my bodyguard, but I expect you fight better," he admitted with a smile. He was being friendly but not flirting. She was completely out of his league.

Pon'i might have been distracted, but Thun'der noticed another child's interest. She went and sniffed in Napheto's direction. Pon'i smiled at the second child. "Hello. Do you want to pet her, too?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 pm

The kitchens had been very busy the last few days and Shosho was glad to be out of them. She spent some time running through the streets staring at everything, wishing she had the money to buy this or that. She stopped once to play a game with some younger children she didn't know, at least they wouldn't tease her, or so she'd thought. She ended up with mud all over her new dress. Father would scold her when she got back. She didn't care much at the moment. She'd eaten a treat or two before she left but was starting to get hungry again.

She pulled a small drawstring bag out of her pocket and looked inside. "1, 2, Yes! I've got just enough!" she cried happily But when she looked for the nearest food stand she scowled. There were queues for all of them. Her eyes fell on a group where a man with a funnylooking cat was causing a suitible distraction entertaining some children. Feeling they were unlikely to notice another child in the queue she slipped in front of him, money at the ready. Oooh it smelled so good.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 am

"Hello. Do you want to pet her, too," Pon'i inquired of the young princeling. Napheto couldn't help but smile back awkwardly while reaching out to pet the small creature and asking purely out of politeness, "M-may I..?" Nu'al chuckled at the boy's fascination.

Her fur was velvety and her coo was charming. Napheto had not noticed a girl wearing a dress covered in half-dry mud sneak ahead of them (not that he would have minded terribly).
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Mae could not help but smile a little on the inside, as she watched her son pet the skunk. "Alright Daken, it time to leave the skunk alone and order your food." "Ok Mommy. Bye, bye Thunder." Daken said as he stepped up to the stand and ordered his food. These children would not be petting Thunder if they knew what she was capable of.

Once the children started leave the skunk alone, Mae turned to Poni "How do you do it? How do you get around and get sprayed?"

Daken came back with a roasted potato bug on a stick that he stated to gnaw on. "You guys here for the moons end too?" he smiled at the other children.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Shosho paid for her bug-on-a-stick grinning all the while. She practically snatched it from the owner's hands and started munching happily. It was so tasty.

Still munching she turned at the boy Daken's question. for a split second she narrowed her eyes at him, sure he was up to something but then it was gone replaced by a small smile. All she could feel from him were happy, curious vibes. It made her feel happier herself and her smile broadened into a big grin. The other boy, she hadn't caught his name but he looked like a Bel, was fascinated by the funny skunk-cat creature, he seemed friendly enough.

She spoke to the two of them happily "Yep, Isn't it great! I'm having so much fun. I'm Shoshalo but everyone calls me Shosho and I'm here on my own," she winked conspiratorially, "dad doesn't know where I am so don't tell anyone you saw me ok!"

Then she realised she'd completely forgotten the Bel boy's rank "Honoured to meet you lord Val. I earnsistly apologise for my rudeness. " She spoke politely, mispronouncing earnestly, while giving him a low bow and clutching her bug-on-a-stick tightly in her hand. She felt a little awkward about the state of her clothes. She scratched at a bit of dried mud on her dress with her left hand.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Zenzetra » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 am

"It's our turn, Napheto," Nu'al reminded and Napheto took a quick bow for Pon'i and then bought himself a potato bug. He shifted his Tiktiki doll under his arm and was greeted by Daken as he returned to the group. "You guys here for the moons end too," the boy asked with a pleasant attitude. Napheto nodded while Shoshalo agreed and introduced herself with a warning and a wink, "dad doesn't know where I am so don't tell anyone you saw me ok!"

Napheto giggled at this in a semi-reserved manner; he wasn't quite used to talking with other children yet, though he tried his best. It was then that Shoshalo noticed his clan symbol and offered a more proper greeting, "Honoured to meet you lord Val. I earnsistly apologise for my rudeness".

"I-it is quite all right I do not think you to be rude," the boy replied while scratching his messy green hair. A part of Napheto envied Shoshalo for her ability to take such freedoms as letting herself get dirty (especially while hiding from a pursuing guardian). Quite often he had chosen a more modest path simply to save himself from a messy situation.

"It is my pleasure to make your acquaintances; Miss Shoshalo, and.. uhm," He turned to Daken unsure of how to address him, "W-well I am Napheto Beldrobbaen".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 am

((I wonder if anyone is still monitoring this thread))

Detir'nah was still trying to sell his mushrooms. Damn. You'd think that with a Moons End Festival, people would be spending more money on this sort of thing!! You didn't go off to the surface for mushrooms, get ambushed by raiders, hire a massively expensive bodyguard (at least, for Detir's budget) and make no profit!! What sort of Illhar'dro was he?!

Detir'nah peered around. There appeared to be a small knot of conversing drow over there. Well, couldn't hurt to talk to them. His mushrooms were stored in a crate in a nearby Illhar'dro-friendly shop, they wouldn't dare do anything to them without Detir's personal approval, or else they'd meet the wrath of Illhar'dro spell-song....

Regardless, now was not the time to be angsting over personal failure. Time to make connections! Be friendly! Not put his foot in his mouth!

"Greetings, gentledrow!" called Detir'nah. "If I may monopolize a moment of your time...."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive