Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Long voyage home pt2

Long voyage home pt2

Postby django » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 am

Following after their ambush at the beach, they failed in their attempt at bringing in a human captive. Who ever these humans are, they all were branded with something that looked too similar to a drow to be an accident. Who the hell has armed, elf speaking humans running around the countryside with a giant capturing people without drow supervision.

The scariest part was when the group returned to were the sailors ambush. It was a mess and certainly looked like a giant of some kind tore up everything in its path. How the sailors missed that thing comming was a miracle.

The group took a detour to avoid crossing paths with the giant. The terran was similar to the surface world close to their home. For all they knew they could still be on the main land.

It was dark out and the humans were slowing them down, they couldn't keep up the pace or see anything because if they did they would have seen Mae watching them intently with her new bronze shield. She couldn't get it out of her head that she'll never see Awinita again or the other raider again. Not after that storm.

She glared at Pesty and Stupid Boy in the moon light. She hated them, these stupid sailors brought them here to this hostile land. It wasn't hard to tell she was thinking of as she played with her trench knife.

Unlike her mother Mae didn't inherit her families size or temper. But sometimes... on a very dark day like this one, Mae could get mean, violent and very cruel if you piss her off and make her angry*... like these saliors did.

*Mae smash!
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Long voyage home pt2

Postby Zenzetra » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Uuera'unkara took it upon herself to keep an eye on the humans as the group pressed on. In the case of the younger human this would not be hard as he was sticking close to her trying his hardest to get her attention. A few times he attempted to chat with her, but Uuera told him to keep quiet, "...unless you want to attract a hungry predator". To anyone that did not know her well it might seem that she was brushing him off but in truth she was very serious about her job and was being quite sincere.

Pesty realized that Uuera was watching him and would refuse to even look in her direction. Once or twice he tried to get behind her so as to not feel her infrequent glances on his back, but her long legs made it easy to keep the sailor in front of her where she wouldn't have to wonder about him.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 am

Vithar shook the gore from his blade before and proceeding onwards with the other raiders and what remained of the stricken ship's crew. The discovery of the brands on the dead humans had been an odd find, though slave warriors were not exactly unheard of. The Am'saag dared not sheath it again, though he had an uncomfortable suspicion that steel would have little effect against a creature so gigantic.

It was well into the night, and the humans, unaccustomed to the darkness and long stealthy treks over rough land, were slowing the experienced Highland Raiders down. Not to mention that they were giving away their position with their heavy footfalls and hushed chatter. Maybe they should have left them down at the beach...
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Sy'rasri » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Awinita slapped herself and cursed knowing she had missed whatever had buzzed up to her face. Muttering under her breath the types of things that she would do to those that brought her to these cursed land, she trudged forward. Forward, at least she hoped it was forward. Forward was a terrain that looked familiar, forward she hoped would be places that were familiar. For a moment she closed her eyes and tried to imagine the kind of feeling she would get being around other drow.
She had not been around another drow for days, possible longer given that she wasn't great at keeping time up here. She wanted to slap the eager fool who had rushed away from home for this. The blistering sun, the nasty little pests, storms that tossed you about and leave you alone on a beach with no help in sight. Part of her felt sick looking back at the eager girl, who had no clue that she would loss her whole team in just a few short moons. Taken up in the gloom of that thought, she missed her footing and dragged forward with the weight of her bag tumbled down the hill.
Pushing herself up on shaken limbs at the bottom of the hill, she unclenched her teeth and took in a deep breath trying to figure out if anything was hurting to badly.
Nope, she thought, still in one piece for all the good it does me.
Getting herself into a sitting position she looked around her as she put a hand on her back. Wincing at the new bruise she had gain, she realized that she could make out shapes not to far off. For a moment she felt a spark of hope, maybe just maybe she wasn't alone. Then she remembered the bones she had found, they had been human and clearly been munched on by something or maybe that had happened after they had been killed. Either way, she took a deep breath to calm herself, as she murmured softly to herself, "Calm and quiet and I won't be dinner."
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Location: Off seeking to restore my honor, by not seeking honor
Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby django » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 am

She took one last disgusted look at the humans and then turned her attention back to walking. Fuck it, she thought. If Vithar thought they were enough of a liability he would have killed them himself. She would rather not get on his bad side by doing something without his orders.

It was just then she heard something... falling? It could have been anything but she could leave it to chance. "Uuera... Uuera, tell the commander I heard something back here." She didn't point but looked over to were she heard it. She would have told him herself but she was holding up the back. "I'll give it a quick look see."

(For up in the front.)

From the view over the top of the hill, is a city nested in a valley, and was in the mist of some kind of ritual and the crowd below the stage worshiped the stone statues of some dark elf gods.

A priest and frail old woman appeared between the statues, and the crowd hushed for a moment. Two Guard soon followed, between them was one of the sailors captured from the ambush. He was stripped to nothing and shaved clean. He struggled and fought back as they tied him down to the stained Alter. From there they began to skin him. The sailor passed out and died as they pulled his skin back like a wet bed sheet.

The old priest turned back and held up his holy symbol, and called out to someone. Then the Iron golem appeared, it was twice the size of any one around it and it was the perfect image of dark elf ruler.

Mae moved quietly to were she heard the noise, finding some broken branches and disturbed bushes. So something was here a moment ago... It was just then she felt very vulnerable or felt like she was being watched. Better get back to the others, she didn't feel like pulling off any heroics today.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:37 am

Mae alerted Uuera to suspicious happenings, "tell the commander I heard something back here," came her request. The Azure Wolf dashed up ahead (along the way shooting a charged glance at pesty) and caught Vithar's attention.

"Captain," she intoned seriously, "Mae has heard something close behind us. We may want to take caution before proceeding". As soon as she delivered the message she turned to glance back at the humans, and focused intensely to pick out signs of Mae in the far rear of the group making sure an ambush or more terrible event were not happening.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Alric » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 am

Vithar paused his climb uphill when Uuera approached with news. "We'll have to shake them off or get the drop on them. Let's loop around and see if we can lose them or get behind them ourselves." He took a glance back at where Mae stood, it was too far back for him to tell if anyone was tracking them or not other than the sound of something falling.

"Keep your heads on a swivel, if we're lucky one of the sailors will betray our trackers' position," grunted the head Raider. It'd be the best use of them so far. Vithar readied his sword as he moved to a position near the back of the group, remaining cautious as his thermal vision scanned the underbrush before him.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sy'rasri » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:16 pm

For a moment Awinita held breath. Not out of fear, not out of uncertainty, and not cause she needed to. Nope, it was out of shock. For a moment all Awinita could do was stare at the figure that was crouching and searching around where she had fallen just seconds earlier. There was no mistaking the shape and when she squinted, she realized at least what she was looking at.

With a gasp, she shot start to her feet. Blinking rapidly, she took a step forward. She wasn't foolish, she had her hand on her mace just in case, but hope pushed her forward. Anticipation and hope gave her the confidence to say in a hushed, yet urgent whisper, "Mae! Mae, is that you!?"
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Postby django » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 am

Startled, Mae raised her shield and turned to where the voice was coming from. For a second she thought it was Uuera the Azure wolf but it couldn't be her... Uuera was bigger. And thats when it hit her.

"Awinita... Awinita!?" Her eyes widened and her skin paled, it was as if she was the living dead. "Your alive-" Mae leapt into Awinita and held her. Tears of relief running down her cheeks "- I thought you were dead. I thought I would have to go home and tell everyone at home you got washed over board."

The young lad was the first to crest the hill. His lungs were heaving as he breathed hard. His body just wasn't built like a landlubber. The lad's eyes widened at the sight of the horrific rituals in front of him.

"Bless the sea gods what have we here." Pesty said as he stood beside the boy. Seeing that metal giant again, even from the distance he was at, brought a chill down his spine.

Even from the hill top, they could see the 'elf' people were finished skinning someone, hanging a pink hide up with several others. The sight made him sick to his stomach and he could hear the lad beside him spew his guts out. This city, as rich and beautiful as the stone work looked, was cursed. He could feel it in his bones, this place was evil.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sy'rasri » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 am

It took long seconds for Awinita's mind to register that this being was not just real, but was hugging her. When it finally did, she allowed her body to relax and return the hug with a fierce embrace to match. Smiling, she pulled back to look into her friend's face.

"Oh, Ma-Mae, oh, I thought you were d-d-dead! I was so afraid I would have to tell the others about your dea-death." she said after she had taken a deep breath to gather herself. She was barely holding back tears as she continued, "I'm happy you didn't have to tell that tale. It doesn't sound very heroic being wipe over board by some storm. For that matter where are the others? Have you seen any of them? Oh gosh, Mae, I don't know where our other members are. The last one I saw..he..he oh, I don't know what happened to him."

She pulled back from the embrace to clasp her herself, as if trying to keep herself from falling apart. Which Awinita figure was true because if she got one bit of bad news after losing sight of the Sarghress member. If the others were dead, or worst missing. Awinita was sure, she would burst out crying. Something she hadn't done since, well had last talked with her Aunt. Containing a shudder, she glance up at Mae and tried to get a grip on herself. At least there was one other, she told herself, she wasn't alone.
Sy'rasri
Summoner

Postby Alric » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:45 am

Vithar pivoted around on the balls of his feet, hearing louder movement in the brushes behind them all. He relaxed and lowered his sword as soon as he saw it was another Highland Raider, the missing one from the boat. The Am'saag exhaled...good to see that she was safe, although clearly shaken.

"Slow down there...and be quiet, Awinita!" he said, raising a hand cautiously to calm her down. None of them knew for sure what else was out there with them, and those humans from the beach had to still be in the forest. "Where did you last see the other Raiders?" He'd be damned before he left them here with those beasts. "We got attacked earlier by some humans, but we drove the bastards off. Maybe the others got captured."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:34 am

Vithar lowered his guard and in turn Uuera'unkara felt a little more at ease. It was a relief to find more of their mates coming out of the woodwork as it were. Then she noticed the two goblins had reached the top of the hill and were just standing there. She inhaled sharply and took a short dash up the hill coming up behind them. There she saw the ghastly images that had caused them to grow pale frozen in their very tracks.

For a moment the Azure Wolf cringed before clasping a gauntlet-clad hand on each of the two goblin's shoulders, "I didn't even know your kind could get any paler. Count yourselves lucky to be under my watch and not theirs".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 am

"Uuera, you're not going to believe it but Awinita alive and... what the?" Mae's eyes widen at the spectacle down in the valley. A whole towns worth of people were attending some sort of ceremony with all the fixing. "Its the monster." the boys said out loud to no one in particular. "Its the iron giant. The one in the forest" and Petsy just grunted.

She didn't know what the kid said, but Mae got the idea judging by his terrified face. "Hey commander, you better check this out. They really do have a golem." she could not believe it herself, it must have been some sort of a trick. "This doesn't look like any human town that I've ever seen either. It looks too well made and polished. Should we sneak in and see if we can find a map or some sort of transportation... perhaps take something to make up for lost treasures?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 am

The commotion up at top of the hill led Vithar to follow Mae up. At the top was an impressive vista of the goblin city before them. It certainly didn't look like the handiwork of any human Vithar had seen. Perhaps an elven city that had been maintained well? Vithar's eyes narrowed as he saw the hulking metallic form of the golem surrounded by humans. They chanted and raised their hands in supplication to the iron giant as if it was an idol.

Vithar gave a curt nod to Mae's request. “I say we move in quiet while they're busy with the ritual. Last thing we need is the whole town plus that golem after us. There has to be something of worth down in that city.” He looked back at the humans. Would they be of worth going with the Highland Raiders or would they just get them all killed?
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:37 am

Mae didn't like the idea of going into that city, then again it was her stupid idea... how hard could it be sneaking in? Two words came into Maes head 'The humans'. That right she told herself, how can raiders sneak in with those two stumbling around in the dark... something had to be done.

After the skinning of ten more, clean shaven humans, everybody seemed to get party around a bunch of bon fires. Whatever they were celebrating, it seemed to all nighter.

Petsy nudged the boy on the shoulder, the poor lad seemed to have lost his mind at the moment. The sight must have been too much for poor boy. "Come on lad, their be nothing but devils down there." Half way down the hill and back into the forest, he did not noticed Mae was behind him and slitting his throat.

The boy tried to cry out but could only wet himself as Mae smashed lover boy good in the face with her trench knife's hilt. He didn't put up much of a fight before she finished him too. She didn't feel too bad about it. It was like killing a couple a chickens.

(For those who might not know what a trench knife is http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c ... NF_540.jpg )
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive