Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Long voyage home pt2

Re: Long voyage home pt2

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:32 pm

((Requesting permission to come aboard ship, cap'n))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:50 pm

(Yes)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Sy'rasri wrote:"Oh, Ma-Mae, oh, I thought you were d-d-dead! I was so afraid I would have to tell the others about your dea-death." she said after she had taken a deep breath to gather herself. She was barely holding back tears as she continued, "I'm happy you didn't have to tell that tale. It doesn't sound very heroic being wipe over board by some storm. For that matter where are the others? Have you seen any of them? Oh gosh, Mae, I don't know where our other members are. The last one I saw..he..he oh, I don't know what happened to him."

Said member was currently 30 degrees counterclockwise from the group.

"Sharess dammit," said Wre'kesa. "I am completely lost, aren't I?"

Wre'kesa was not, in fact, completely lost. In front of him was a hill. Wre'kesa climbed it and got a good look around. There was a city down the hill that looked unusually well made for a human settlement. Likely, it was an old elf settlement. Wre'kesa mounted the hill just in time to see Mae killing off the human sailors and the natives begin skinning the second of their offerings. Eurgh. It'd be best to tell Mae that he was alive; maybe he could help their infiltration. It wouldn't do to shout though, it would cause issues.

Shoot a bolt then.

Wre'kesa took one of his bolts and removed the four-pronged broad-head. This would unbalance the bolt, but a quick message and several coils of string would balance it out a bit. Wre'kesa quickly drew out his crossbow and a scrap of paper.

"Mae... Wre'kesa... here... still... alive... hill.. to... your... left.... Will... follow... at... 150 yards... distant... and... provide... supporting... fire."

He rolled up the message around the end of his bolt, wrapped string around it tightly, and nocked it in.

*crank*
*Kth-CHACK*

The bolt soared out, wobbling only slightly, aimed for about a meter in front of Mae.

*swweehhhhhhhh...paff*
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Mae cleaned off the blood off her trench knife and gave the boot to the human bodies to get them rolling down the hill. She could have sworn she heard the older one grunt when she did so... Maybe he still have fight left in him.

She would have checked just to make sure, but a something whizzed by her and thunked into the tree nearby. She gave a startled yelp, thinking the humans in the valley bellow found them and started to hunt them again, "Sniper!" she shouted as she ducked behind some cover in a desperate attempted to get out of shooting range.

Unlucky for her, she just ended up tumbling down the hill and landing beside one of the bodies she just moments ago punted. "Ooof." she said in a daze as something... no someone turn her over and proceeded to give Mae a savage beating with a stone of some kind, she struggled against it and thankfully her helmet took the brunt of it or she would have had her head caved in.

When she managed to open her eyes and she saw... it was Pesty! And he looked in every way she could imagine as some savage hell bent on killing her, he dropped the rock and his hands then turned into a pair vices around her throat, choking the ever life out of her.

(The human in the valley cant hear whats going on. Imagine they were in a consert at this point.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:17 pm

"Oh bloody hell," muttered Wre'kesa. "Why do I always have the worst of luck."

*crank*
*nock*
*Kth-CHACK*

An actual bolt shot out at high velocity, aimed for center of mass on Pesty. Assuming impact (which at this range should be guaranteed), the bolt's broadhead would slice through the flesh of the halme, severing arteries and organs with four prongs of razor sharp alloy normally capable of punching through plate armor. Death would happen in seconds. Luckily, there was little risk of the bolt over penetrating into Mae, as the crouching halme created a gap of six inches between them.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 am

Vithar moved on ahead as Mae dealt with the two humans. Killing them off seemed to be quite wasteful but he wasn't going to chew Mae out, at least not at this moment. Vithar dashed downhill, coming to stop behind the cover of a bush near the outskirts of the town. He removed his helm and looked around the obstruction; two guards stood watch at the town's wall. He'd have to find a way behind them or get the help of the other Raiders to take them out. At least it was night time...it shouldn't be too hard to get past them in the dark somehow. Vithar looked about; climbing over the wall with ropes could be possible, although time consuming.

What was taking Mae so long? Vithar quickly shot a look behind him, feeling it likely that he wouldn't like what he'd see. Mae was gone! Vithar drew his sword, rushing over to the edge of the hill only to witness Pesty taking a crossbow bolt to the back.

“Looks like we've got friends in high places, huh?” said Vithar as he reached Mae, offering her his hand to help her up. He gave a wave in the direction of the sniper. Whoever it was, she/he appeared to be on their side.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

This night was just getting worse and worse for her. First she didn't finish Pesty's off, second she fell down a hill and Mae landed in Pesty's lap, third a human almost did her in with his bare hands,... how embarrassing, A part of her wanted that sniper to finisher her off so she didn't have to live through the embarrassment when they got back to Chel.

Mae gave a fit of coughs as she pried Pesty's vice like hands off of her throat. She was trying to breath as much precious air as she could take as she said "No, *Cough* *Cough* someone's shooting at me." She grimaced as crawled behind a tree. "Get down! he missed me on the hill." Granted she didn't know who was shooting at her or that it had a note attached to it. Boy is she going to feel stupid when she finds out.
Last edited by django on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Wre'kesa face palmed as Mae moved into cover. Dammit Mae, stop being so paranoid! He sent up a very small mana flare that wouldn't be noticed unless you were looking for it. It blossomed into flame when it reached its peak, a signature bit that he included in most signals he sent up.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 am

((Why u no post guys???))

Terror gripped Vithar's innards as he took cover immediately behind the tree with Mae. "It came from over up on that hill, Vithar said, nodding in the general direction of the shooter. He didn't want to expose himself yet by pointing the exact location out. "You alright?" he asked, taking a quick look at her to see if she was bleeding.

He looked behind himself, hoping to find where the arrow lay. It'd give a clue as to where the shooter launched his arrow from. There it is. Wait; there's paper attached to it... Something like that could mess with the arrow's ballistics, why do that unless...

"I don't think this guy is out to kill us," he grunted. Cheeky bastard. Vithar's suspicions were further piqued when the telltale flash of a mana bolt burst in mid air. "She's a fae, no doubt. Probably on our side. Let's keep low just in case she isn't," muttered Vithar to Mae.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 am

Wre'kesa stayed prone.

Sharess, what idiots. Seriously, what enemy flares their existence?! ((Not actually insulting you guys, expressing character frustration))

"You'd think that after the flare, they'd at least check the paper," grumbled Wre'kesa, adjusting his aim to cover the group as they moved forward.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 am

She nodded to his question, "I'm alright." she said with a strained voice while rubbing her neck. Damn that human going to leave a mark, who decided the neck was a naughty part in drow society. She better cover her neck well or people are going to think shes the packs 'Sullisin'rune'.

"Oh?" Mae said as she peered out from behind the tree as Vither "You think so?" the commander was not the type to get shot, so him going out in the open really meant something. Mae Still cautious, slowly walked out from behind the tree and looked at the piece of paper. Wre'kesa... Wre'kesa... Oh Wre'kesa! The other raider; the archer one.

If he didn't save her life back there with Pesty, Mae would kick in his teeth for scaring her like that.

The guards at the gate, laugh loudly as they continued to pass a wine skin between them. Their cheeks were cherry red and they seemed to be not too concerned with their post.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 am

Wre'kesa restrained a whoop. Thank Sharess, now they were getting somewhere.

Normally, it'd be suicidal to make signal flares to communicate during an infiltration. Normally was underground, however, where lighting was dim and signal flares were an obvious giveaway. NOW, however...

"Enemy holding gates. Can achieve kill shot from this distance. Engage?" Wre'kesa asked, sending a series of flares into the air. The light was still high enough that the flares, to anyone who wasn't actively looking for them, were lost in the background lighting.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive