Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Re: Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:37 pm

When Serra'tae sat on the bed and ripped open her shirt she muttered something near inaudible about liking that shirt. Not that it would be of any use even if he hadn't ripped it but still. When he talked about bleeding out and dying she smirked, or tried to, "So either way I die huh, Not sure I like where this is going and." She sounded tired and felt faint.

Itoh and co.'s appearance and a long speech kept her from blacking out as she tried to focus on what he was saying and comprehend what all these soulless animals were doing here. She knew the words he was saying but the meanings eluded her. When she finally grasped his intentions she panicked and, kicking her legs against the bedding, tried to get into a corner as far away as possible. "Keepem away, from me, stupid, stupid creature! Butchers! guards! ******* Goddess! Oh Sharess!"

She stopped struggling finding it to be futile, gasping for breath. Serra'tae who was sitting next to her had sensibly pinned her the second she'd started moving, or she'd have made her injury worse. "Gddess prserv me," she choked out, the pain making her eyes water. "Tell me...one of .. bloody temp-lars knows, how treat 'iss. No humes shrss"

Exhausted and in pain she lost conciousness. Which though worrying would at least mean she wouldn't be suffering or making things worse while they treated her.

((Sorry for using Serra'tae I'll change it if you want.))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:03 pm

"I can do it," said Serra'tae, holding Sarani down. "Itoh, I need you to go back and get this list of herbs ((check my last post)). Tell the old man to get the spreader quickly and the butcher to be ready with needle and thread to sew up the wound. When I yank the blade, it's going to bleed profusely. We'll pack the wound with the herbs I've mentioned until the bleeding slows and mostly stops, then suture the wound closed, then apply a compress and bandages."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Watching his daughter struggle with that much pain made him cry so hard on the inside, it hurt him physically. Gaul had to remain strong, if he started to loose it everyone will be effected around, and he could not do that while they needed him be that unmovable rock. When she past out, he felt a chill crawled up his back and his stomach sink. He checked her pulse and found that she was still alive. Thank you Goddess.

"She did not mean what she said." He turned back to the humans but he said it mostly to Idoh. Not that they probably under stood what she said. (presuming she was ranting in drow) "Tae, I have a med kit right there. It will have everything you need. Do not pack the wound with herbs, take the blade out with the clamp thing in the bag, after the blade is out, pour the four bandit vinegar in the wound then seal it up. We need to get this out now."

He left the room, not wanting to meddle with things any further then he already has, he trusted Tae would care of things and knew he had experience with things like this. Half way down the hall he realized how bad he was bleeding, as the floor rushed up to his face and blackness swallowed him.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:20 am

Pon'i was stunned at the sight of Sarani's blood. The whole scene hit him hard, and he felt woozy. The bowl of tomato juice in his hands reminded him of the blood, and he dropped it in pure shock. The red liquid stained the snow, and woozy turned to just sick.

He watched the others in a haze. Mutely, he followed them inside, but was unable to do... anything. Even speaking was too hard for him right now. He was worse than his own pet at this point!

He waited outside the hall, hating how useless he felt. Itoh left and returned with a small crowd of humans. Pon'i ignored them. After a short time, they began to disperse. Someone mentioned "vinegar." Thun's smell wasn't poisonous, but this was a small thing Pon'i could do. He grabbed the bottles from his room and returned just in time to see Gaul hit the floor.

Pon'i was by his side in an instant. Great- more blood! And some drow actually have a mana affinity for this? He retched but managed to turn Gual over, looking for the wound. It wasn't hard to find- oozing profusely. Pon'i gagged. Anything to cover this! His shirt was clean - freshly changed from cleaning Thun. He pulled it off and piled it on the gash, pressing down a little to make sure it didn't slide off. ((Where is Gaul injured, anyway?)) He felt better with the bloody gash no longer visible.

"Gaul, can you hear me? Come back to the surface... come on... you're gonna be OK."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:32 am

Serra'tae swore profusely.

"Itoh, RUN!!"

((Also pause all time until Raknel can post))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

"Dont worry, raging is a good sign. She want surive. Serra tai and me will help her . You should wait outside and rest a littel bit , you look terribel."

Itoh open the med kit and empty the content. He must established thats the drow society even in the medcine any generations ahead it. Exelent webed bandages , Set with diffrent needles,two filigrane metal pliers ,three littel jar with undifen content ( Itoh can not read drow ), a scapel and the searched spreader.

Itoh reach tae the pliers as gaul thunkh on the floor. Itoh look short over his shoulder and deliberatly if he should help gaul. Fortunaly assume poni his decison and help gaul.Tae was the opnion thats he should help, he refuse.

"Sir Serra'tae i think its better thats i stay here . The metal piece what stuck in her slip deeper .We must draw that out now, i assist you with the spreader."

Itoh roll up his sleeves to have his arms free. He pl
ace the grib of a dagger in saranis mouth; she should not bit up her own tongh when the pain come. Then he set the spreader on the wound; the metal piece was already complete hided from the bleeding flesh. Then he bwginn to spread the wound.
Raknel
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:17 am

((Huh. I seemed to have missed a single crucial sentence. Sorry Raknel. *facepalm* ))

Serra'tae looked at the bottles. Thank Sharess this was essentially what he needed. He barely notice Gaul collapse, concentrating as he was.

"Antiseptic Paste, not the best, but good enough I suppose; pain killers, Sarani, here, take a glug, it's diluted enough for combat use. Er, wait, *pours pain killer on to dagger handle, which spills into Sarani's mouth* ; and Distilled Essence of Horsetail. This should work."

Step one, slow the bleeding. As Itoh held the spreader steady, and as the painkillers took rapid effect ((assuming that Sarani glugged the Painkiller, which seems like a reasonable assumption)), Serra'tae removed his gloves and forearm protectors, dried them as best he could on the bed sheet, rubbed his hands with the antiseptic and then smeared the Horsetail, which was more like a gel, onto the inside of the wound. Gaul's kit must have been custom, because the blood immediately began to slow, much faster than normal. The Horsetail would eventually be metabolized, so this was a good time to extract the blade, disinfect, and suture the wound.

So, step two, extract blade. This was done quickly and efficiently, the clean cut aiding in the swift discovery and removal of the fragment.

Step three, disinfect. Serra'tae basically just smeared the inside with the paste, letting it work, then rinsing it off with some boiling water that one of the halmes had the intelligence and the decency to provide ((okay, so that's a bit lame. whatever)).

Step four, suture. "Itoh, get the butcher to sew up the wound, I'll go get- SHIT GAUL. Goddessdammit."

Serra'tae rushed over to Gaul and began to repeat the procedure.

"Pon'i, don't just sit there, help me rub the Horsetail into his wounds; we HAVE to stop the bleeding!!"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Having a dagger shoved in her mouth and a foul tasting liquid poured down her throat woke the barely conscious Ssu up a little, she gagged choking a little then swallowed the stuff as there was no alternative. When Itoh placed the spreader in her wound the pain made her bite down hard on the dagger, so hard that there'd be bitemarks on the grip later, but for the better part of the procedure she felt next to nothing as the painkillers took effect quickly. She closed her eyes and drifted back into blackness as Serra'tae tended to her injury and was in no state to notice her father's collapse or react to anything around her.

She dreamed of her mother...

((My exams just started so I won't be posting much till the 26th. *hates studying* *upset* ))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Pon'i took the horsehair stuff but stared at it helplessly. Rub... into...? A second later, he felt his digestive tract reversing its normal flow, and bolted down the hall to the nearest window.

What remained of the tea and cakes spattered on the snow. The cold air was soothing, steadying. He drank it in gasps. Slowly, his composure returned. Seized by inspiration, he reached out and scooped a handful of snow from the windowsill.

((Assuming drow blood works the same way as human blood,)) Tae would find the bleeding rather slowed by the shirt. Fortunately. Gaul's wound was on his chest and large but not affecting major organs ((learned via PM)). Pon'i set the horsehair down on the floor next to Tae. "I'm... sorry." He suppressed another upchuck. "But if I get too close to that..." he gestured helplessly "...I'll probably wind up on the floor myself." He retreated to Gaul's head, suppressing upchuck number three.

If the cold helped him, perhaps it would help Gaul. He gently stroked Gaul's face with snow-wet fingers. "Hey, wake up. Come on, please." That was one pale shade of gray.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 am

((Going to assume that this was not a stab wound))

"Well then go get get the halme with the water," said Serra'tae, shooing Pon'i away. "We need to clean the wound with the antiseptic paste, and I can't do that if I can't rinse out the residue after its taken effect." As he spoke, Serra'tae poured a liberal amount of Horsetail ((which is a PLANT, lol)) Gel onto the wound and rubbed it around, working it into the flesh of the long gash from top right shoulder to bottom of the left pectoral. Gaul was going to be sore for months. Thankfully, the spider-silk shirt's excessively high tensile strength had most resulted in the fibers stretching or splitting, but not fragmenting and getting imbedded in the wound. Blood flow slowed.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 am

Gaul wasn't sure were he was but all of Chel was on fire. Everbody seemed to be dead and their bodies were spralled out everwhere on the street. He reconized most of them, the ones hes killed peronally or watched die. He walked to the usaul spot, a bench at the main entrance to the Kyorl city. Still waiting for his daughters to come home, and his wife and son to come back. He noticed the flames around him started to close in, licking his chest, and these icy yet caring fingers touched his face and held him close.

"Gaul. Were still dead."

"It hurts." was all Gaul said. It was weak but he was alive.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

Pon'i winced at the dismissal, pulling away only after Gaul began to stir. "It hurts..." he said. Good. Well, not good that Gaul was in pain, but at least he was alive, and feeling the pain was better than if it was numb.

"I'll be right back," Pon'i promised both 'Ssu. "Hang in there."

It took him several minutes to find the water carrier. In the meantime, he grabbed Thun and another shirt. The halmes wasn't happy about talking to a skunk-toting black devil, but Pon'i had less trouble than he anticipated.

((I'll let y'all post a bit while the water boils.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 am

Serra'tae applied disinfectant.

"That's a good thing," he said to Gaul's quiet statement. "It means you're still alive."

Bandages were necessary. And that hot water.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 pm

It seemed to take forever for the pot to boil. Thun was skittish, reacting to Pon'i's worries. When the pot had finally boiled for long enough to be safe, he grabbed it and made for Gaul and 'Tae pronto.

The wound was still there. 'Tae had rubbed some sort of salve into it - that horsehair stuff, whatever it was. It looked better. Pon'i deposited the hot water and knelt at Gaul's head. Thun wiggled and he released her.

Thun gave Gaul a cautious sniff and then started licking his face. Heh. She must like him. Pon'i remembered her licking Itoh's face in a similar manner. The memory cheered him - surely Gaul was going to be OK.

"Serra'tae, Gaul is gonna be OK, right?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:02 am

**Assumes the Butcher came in**

"Probably," said Serra'tae applying the disinfectant, then washing it away with the water, which he had cooled by dumping a pile of snow onto the floor from the window and setting the pot inside. "He's lost a lot of blood, and nothing here is clean enough for me to declare that he won't get an infection, but considering the amount of battle he's gone through, he should pull through."

The butcher began to sew up the wound, jabbering in Halmese.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive