Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Re: Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Postby django » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Gaul didn't like his odds. Six vs one, no armor and armed with only a knife. He faced odd like this before when he rescued Poni in a mansion full of mercs but at least that time he had his spear and shield handy. That will be the last time he leaves his armor, shield and spear in his room to get supper. Mean while some where in the bar, his gladius lays on the floor.

Just when he though they were going to rush him, Tae made an appearance, Followed by Idoh and his Daughter. "Bout time." He muttered but managed a smile. He heard the clatter of armor shifting and noticed Chess was getting up for another round with him. Her nose flattened from the punch he laid on her.

She leapt up and charged head long into Gaul, brandishing a knife. Despite her heavy Sharn armor, she was very mobile as they fought like wild cats. Gaul kept his slashes and stabs high and around the her face, since it would would be little to no chance of getting past her armor. But he had to keep moving, making it very hard to get a good hit on her.

He managed to catch a quick glimpse of Poni with his spear and shield. The only problem he had now was getting past this Sharn.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Bamawing » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:20 am

This was bad.

Pon'i managed to make it back to the inn and found Gaul's room. He grabbed the first shield and weapon he could find, which happened to be a spear. Pausing by his room, he heard Thun start up an angry hiss.

It was a split-second decision. May as well let her explode in a place where it would do some good. He wretched the door open and watched his precious Thun streak out. She followed him, making angry noises. He led her to the battle.

Gaul was outside, wrestling with one of several armed warriors. Sharen, from the look of it. Sarani and Itoh were also present. "Everyone!" Pon'i shouted, his voice still muffled by the falling snow. "Breathe through your-" Thun's spray finished Pon'i's sentence.

The Sharen were hit hardest, fortunately. But the others couldn't possibly escape the smell. Pon'i stood, holding his nose, feeling pretty bad for everyone else. Thun was now defenseless and hurried back to him. He scooped her up one-handed. Oh, poor Gaul, Serra'tae, Sarani and Itoh. This was going to require Tomatensaft ((tomato juice)).

((Oh, Serra'tae's there too! My bad!! ^^; ))
Last edited by Bamawing on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Serra'tae heaved a sigh of relief when Sarani and Itoh emerged to kick ass. Thank Sharess, he thought Gaul was a goner there.

Now more confident in victory, Serra'tae whirled around and used his extra leverage to smash his blade into the helmet one of the soldiers he was fighting. The absurd amount of force behind the blow, coupled with the fairly excellent quality of the sword and the power of Sharess's blessing, dented the helmet inward and cracked the infested drow's skull, causing severe brain injury that would likely have the Sharen dead within the minute. The second Sharen cursed and tried to get back up, but was prevented from doing so by Pon'i and Thun.

Damn that smelled horrible.

Serra'tae was lucky, the majority of the blast was directed away from him. However, the Sharen was sufficiently startled to allow Serra'tae an easy victory via neck snap. Moving quickly, Serra'tae extracted two sealing crystals from his waist pouch and began to seal the escaping nether, leaving the remainder to the capable hands of Itoh and Sarani.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Raknel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:28 pm

itoh look out of tthe window. Poni's destraction coming in the right moment perfect timing. Itoh take a short breath and close his eyes to find his mu . Then he look out of the window and assess the distance to the enemy.

Twenty feet was the enemys away .

Itoh let out shrill whistel. Any of his enemy turn in her direction, now he have her attention. Itoh go in short but fast steps . He hold his weapon arm streched and good visibel for his enemy, the other light covered.*

fifteen feet.

One of his enemy load his repeater crossbow and aim Itoh. Itoh dont stop his movement and run in light snake-lines. The sharp smell from the skunk and Itohs changing movments makes for the enemy difficult to aim him. The men fired. A whistel cut through air and a arrow miss him short.

seven feet.

The shooter has reloaded again and try again. This time was Itoh prepared. With a fast movemt of the hidden hand throw Itoh the tea saucer like a shuriken . In fear thats the tea saucer can be a real sharp shuriken covered the shooter with his crossbow from the "dangerous" projectile and shoot in the air.

two feet. First enemy

One of the other enemy step forward too kill Itoh with a two hand sword. The warrior prepare his weapon to swing in a wide circyle, Itoh have nothing to block this but he know how he use the location to his own advantage. In the last moment go Itoh on his knees and slip over the snow through the deadly strike. With the sickel cut Itoh in the enemys feet , its not a deadly strike but enough to bring his enemy out of balance. The warrior try to balance oneself but the swing of his sword was too great and his stand was too weak on the slippry snow . He tumbel forward directly into sarani.

second enemy.

Itoh kneed yet directly before the shooter and look in the deadly end of his crossbow . The typical sound of the reloading repeater crossbow let him raise his sickel against the crossbow. He lift the crossbow a littel bit and direct so the shoot in another direction. Itoh grab on his belt and draw Saranis dagger , he have not time to draw this wepon out of his sheath and use it like a fighting stick. He punch with the pommel in the enemys balls , with a thump moan bow the enemy over him.
Raknel
Summoner

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:00 pm

A shout from Pon'i reached her ears just as an incredible stench filled the area. Sarani stopped dead for a moment, screwed up her face and choked, instinctively bringing a hand up to her face. She saw several of the enemy doing the same. Breathing through her mouth as much as possible she attacked one that was stumbling backwards clearly trying to by time to recover.

She hacked at him clumsily and her sword glanced off her armour leaving a dent and hopefully a wounded shoulder he scrambled backwards. She stepped to follow him and as she lunged; out of the corner of her eye she saw a crossbow fired, Itoh running up and attacking. The next second someone fell on her, smashing her sword out of her hand as he fell. She swore, kicked him in the head where he fell. He gurgled and went still.

She crouched snatching up her sword quickly looking around for more enemies. There was the one with the dented shoulder scrambling back with frightened eyes, one arm raised in apparent surrender. She paused a moment. Injured, unarmed, untainted and surrendering. He, or on closer inspection she, had pulled off her helmet and was unwittingly retreating towards Serra'tae. Seeing that she was in his line of sight and she'd have no chance of escape Sarani moved on.

(( I'm a little confused. How many have we taken out? There were 6 mercs and 2 sharen in total right?))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 am

(Deadpigeon correct me if I'm wrong but Gaul killed one of the Sharen's a few post ago. You can have the one I was knife fighting thou.)

Gaul barely had to catch what Poni said before he caught a big whiff of Thunders spray. 'Oh Sharess, what is this smell?!' Know he knew why he carried that cat around with him.

Before he could continue fighting, Tae came up behind the Sharen and snapped her neck. Saving him from another round of knife fighting. Sealing the seed as he went, he wasted no time to make a run for Poni, shouting "Spear!" as he did.

Snatching the spear as he went. Thun gave him a mighty hiss and would have sprayed him had she had the enough juice to do so. Putting the knife between teeth, he charged into what remained of the merc pack*, finding only the one, wounded remaining merc, he stopped. She might know thing they didn't.

Gaul was impressed with the group. He was worried on how well they would handle a fight together and they handled themselves well. "Make sure every ones dead but that one." He pointed at the one with the busted shoulder. "Check their pockets, don't leave anything behind. Then take them off the street and put them somewhere out of sight."

He patted Tae on the shoulder and said "Thanks kid." He then started to usher their prisoner away.

*I'll let you guy's finish fighting if I missed anyone.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:45 am

((See, now I thought that you were facing them off when I jumped in. Whatevs, we'll just assume I tackled him or something))

Serra'tae saluted as he finished up sealing the escaping nether.

"With Sharess's blessing," he said. "Otherwise, I would never have been so effective. Thank you for your commendation."

Serra'tae began to search through the pockets of his assailants.

----

Found:

5 Ada
1 Dagger
2 Edible Fungus
1 Notebook
1 Pen

Take --> All

-----

"A notebook?" said Serra'tae, flipping through the small, hidebound tome. "Hm. Nothing very interesting, just his journal really. Still, I guess I could use something to write in on this journey. Could be interesting. Good thing he has a pen too."

"Five ada and some Edible fungus! We can always use more food and money."

"Not a terribly high quality dagger, but nothing shabby either. A sidearm would be useful, just in case. Not that I'd ever lose my sword, but..."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, after all that, he was useful for something. Good! Poor Thun was a nervous wreck, but she had lived through worse. Pon'i tapped the nearest companion on the shoulder and said simply, "I'm going to put Thun up and get something to help with the smell."

He planned on going back to the tea shop. After all, they spoke emberi and he knew the emberi words for what he needed. (It was the first emberi he ever learned!) But it was pretty obvious what he was after as soon as he re-entered the inn.

"Ugh!" the innkeeper waved him away. "I knew this was going to happen! No - absolutely not!" He waved furiously.

Pon'i felt annoyed. "If you're that sensitive, don't go outside for a while." Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Thun usually was really good at not getting much spray on herself.

"Take this," the innkeeper grabbed a bottle of something from behind the counter, "and use it! Before you stink up my rooms!" Pon'i took a cautious step forward. "No, no, leave the skunk!"

Pon'i ignored him. The innkeeper bolted out of the room, retching. Sweet Sharess, what a wuss! The bottle said "Apple Cider Vinegar." Never heard of it. Pon'i looked around behind the bar until he located the tomato juice. Taking both, he went back to his room.

The combination of liquids cleaned Thun up nicely. A few minutes later, he returned outside. Tae was counting up the spoils of battle. The snow had slowed.

"I've got stuff to clean up, if anyone got hit." Pon'i held up a basin with a sponge.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 am

The adrenaline was still rushing through her making her feel giddy. Relaxing slightly when she realised there were no more enemies Sarani'ka nodded at Gaul and moving to the nearest corpse kicked him over. She grunted when she saw the amount of blood. No way was this one still conscious. He didn't seem to be breathing either. Well best make sure. She felt a stab of pain in her side as she crouched down but didn't think too much of it. She flexed her fingers and picked up a dagger, a quick stab in the right place was all it took.

She rifled his pockets, "let's see, 3 half ada a half eaten biscuit yuck'.."

The pain kicked in for real, the blood drained from her face and she made a pathetic whimpering noise. She looked down and stared in shock. there, in her side. She fell backwards. 'When, what?? how?' she thought followed by "Oh goddess it hurts, it hurts, it hurts" it took a moment to realise she was saying it out loud. Gritting her teeth she hissed and realised. 'When he fell on me.'

Part of a blade had snapped off and was embedded in her side. the bloodstains on her clothes were getting bigger.

(( *omfg* It's strange how I don't really realise what I'm writing until I read it again later. I wrote this yesterday but I never got around to posting it. Me wants to change it *cries* Stupid self invented rules))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 am

(re did this post)

Gauls eyes widened as he saw his daughter... his only living daughter fall down and cry in pain. He could feel a blinding rage fill him as he almost decided kill their prisoner on the spot. He grabbed the ugly woman's hair and said to Tae "Take this bitch and get her to talk!"

(Sorry deadpigeon I don't make to make it feel like I'm bossing you around. I'll stop if you if it bothers you.)

When somebody took the prisoner from him, he ran over to Sarani and looked her over. 'Damn it shes bleeding...' He picked her up gently, she needed to get out of the cold. "Idoh, please. Can you get a healer... or some body who know what their doing."

He looked into her golden eyes as he entered the inn and walked up stairs to his room. "Keep breathing kid. Your going to be ok."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:39 pm

django wrote:(re did this post)

Gauls eyes widened as he saw his daughter... his only living daughter fall down and cry in pain. He could feel a blinding rage fill him as he almost decided kill their prisoner on the spot. He grabbed the ugly woman's hair and said to Tae "Take this bitch and get her to talk!"

(Sorry deadpigeon I don't make to make it feel like I'm bossing you around. I'll stop if you if it bothers you.)

When somebody took the prisoner from him, he ran over to Sarani and looked her over. 'Damn it shes bleeding...' He picked her up gently, she needed to get out of the cold. "Idoh, please. Can you get a healer... or some body who know what their doing."

He looked into her golden eyes as he entered the inn and walked up stairs to his room. "Keep breathing kid. Your going to be ok."

((Lol, it's fine. Commanding officer and all that, you should be in character.))

Serra'tae caught the merc as she was thrown into him.

Shit. Interrogation? Definitely not his field.

"Err. 'Kay then," he said, making a very bad impression on the prisoner. "Hi."

Shit. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

*WHAP*

Serra'tae knocked out the merc and tied her up in her own clothes before dumping her in his inn room and tying her to the bed post.

"Stay!" he commanded the unconscious drow. Then he turned and ran up to Gaul's room.

"Sir, I regret to inform you that I have no idea how to approach interrogation, so I tied the prisoner up in my room. Request permission to obtain herbs of healing from the Herbalist across the street."
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:46 am

Gaul laid Sarani'ka on his bed as gently as he could. He tired his best to keep his face calm as he possibly could, which was not easy for him; not even in the slightest.

When Serra'tae came running up the stairs and appeared at the door, he almost had a heart attack, thinking the prisoner ran off or killed herself. "Just... hold her and watch her Tae. Ask Poni to run you some herbs, and something get rid of this smell" He nodded.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Sarani'ka barely reacted to what was happening around her or to being picked up. She gripped her hand to her side wishing she could pull the metal out, but knowing better. Her eyes were screwed up tightly, her breath hissing through her teeth. It hurt soo much but she was trying to get herself under control. Something not helped by the jolting of every step as she was carried inside and up the stairs. By the time she felt herself being put down on a bed most of the shock and panic was starting to fade. She only wished the pain would go too. She open her eyes saw the barely hidden worry and concern in Gaul's eyes and grinned, though it turned out more of a grimace. She just wanted to curl up into a little ball until the pain went a way but forced herself to focus.

"F forgot, wassn't wearin armer." She hissed. "Ssso sstupid." She frowned and added "Get thiss, out off me"
She glanced overe at Serra'tae and snorted in amusement but found it hurt too much 'not doing that again' she thought. "Ssnot that hard silly."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Now first aid, Serra'tae knew. Between serving as back up to that one medic and the number of times he'd been stabbed and his extensive obsessions with everything you could possibly chuck into hot water to make tea, he knew a little something about herbs.

"Hehe, no," he said, sitting down tearing open Sarani's shirt to look out the wound. It was nasty, but at least it was a clean stab instead of the ragged hacks of the Vloz'ress. Thank Sharess some people kept their knives actually sharp. "Least wise, not until Itoh comes back with some herbs. Preferably with:

Itoh's Shopping List wrote:Horsetail
Comfrey
Lavender
Elderberry
White Willow

so that we can stop the bleeding, fight infection, and help the pain. If I pull the blade out now, you're just going to bleed everywhere and die instead of bleed someplaces and die. Wouldn't want to dirty the sheets, after all."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Itoh take a long time before he come back but he come not with empty hands back . A small group of village peopel follow him . Itoh explain Sarrataes wound and show the broken dagger what did hit she. The village peopel stand around Sarrataes bed and study from the distance her wound . Nobody touch she or come closer , too great is the fear from the darkskins afterall. As Itoh finish discussion went he to his friends.

Ok , i talk with this peopel here. Its looks so thats we have not a real healer here in this vilagge. Fortunaly have this peopel here a littel bit knowledge over medicine , enough thats we can help her.

The man here is a butcher .He mean, judging from the color of her blood hit the blade not her inner organs. He mean too, thats the small rip safe her live , the blade break before they can rich her liver. Artery should not be damaged , too less blood , so is the wound not deadly .

This here is on of the cityguards .He mean, the metal piece is broken and sharph on both ends yet, its dangerous to pull it out on this way . He have about two years the same wound. The doctor what medicate him use a "spreader" to open the wound again before remove the metalpiece secure . Addtionaly have he a bottel "Vier-Räuber-Essig" , a self brewed desinfectant, what he share with us.

This old lady here is a midwife , she know best what woman needed when they lost many blood.

We have not a "spreader" here to open the wound but i look in my homeland a doctor over the shoulder how it made one with primitive means . I think i can copy this and addtionaly can i suturation a littel bit.

The only question is who remove this metal piece ?

* vier räuber essig/ four bandit vinegar : In the ancient europe was long time infected wounds bigest cause of death after battels. Specialy bandits and thiefs have problem to find a doctor. The vinegar becomme after a legend his name as four marauders in marseille , in the time of the black death , scavange death peopel and protect with this selfmaded medcine from the infection . Long time was the vier räuber essig on of the well protected secrets under the lawless peopel and a long time granteed the commune exemption from punishment for everybody what give this secret free.
Raknel
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive