Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Re: Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Ah it was good to get out of the cold. It did wonders for her temper. She walked to her room to massage some warmth back into her poor feet. When the pins and needles subsided she hunted out an extra pair of socks to put on for good measure. Rummaging in her pack she came across her small box of paints and an expensive little book she bought to paint in and smiled, she hadn't been able to resist.

'This place is quite picturesque...' No sooner had the thought come to mind than she got up gathering up her gear, to look for the best scene to paint. She wandered around for a while, looking around before deciding to paint a row of shops, the wood all painted cheerful colours, it stood out beautifully against the snow. Sitting on a barrel she started to paint and kept painting until she was frozen stiff and could barely move her fingers. Eventually she got up to look for something warm.

"Typical me, I can't wait to get out of the ****** cold then the minute I want to paint I stop caring. Oh Sharess my fingers." she did exasperate herself sometimes. A warm radiance and a smell of herbs drew her in through a promising doorway.

She stopped dead. No, she decided she was not going to be childish and walk straight out. That would just be rude. What were the chances though. Well she'd just have to learn to get along with them.

"Well hello, Serra'tae, Pon'i, Itoh." She gave them a rather forced smile and stood a little awkwardly.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby django » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:03 am

Gaul stripped down to his normal black clothing. He took this moment to indulge in some rye and listen to the fire crackle, while he oiled chain mail and weapons. A few moment earlier he was listening intently to the ruckus down stairs; It seemed the owner didn't seem to care for Poni's cat. Poni seemed to handle it well and nothing seemed to come of it other then some scared locals, had things sounded ugly or dangerous Gaul would have stepped in.

Every now and again he would peek out his window just to keep up on whose coming in and out. He noticed Serra'tae, Poni and Idoh, went to a tea shop across the street. His daughter was milling about town painting and soon joined them. He couldn't hear them but like any good parent he knew exactly what was going on with the 'children' under his care. Even it they didn't know it.

(Don't be afraid to post without me, I'll take a back seat until somebody talks to Gaul)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 am

((What happened to my notifications?! :A ))

Bamawing wrote:"Herbal tea?" he asked with a mischievousness grin. "I bet they have... hot chocolate." The last words he spoke in a reverent whisper. As if to explain, he quickly added: "From what I hear, it's really mild, though. Just enough to kick in a buzz. I'm not sure I really want to, but I do hear it's good."

Serra'tae gave his mug a thoughtful look.

"Hmm... chocolate would have to come from closer to the coast," he said. "It's a bit too cold for the plants to grow in this region. They do have a very good blend of something called 'Chamomile and Rosehip'. Then again, that's what I'm drinking now, so I'm a bit biased."

--

"
Rilla Treespirit wrote:She stopped dead. No, she decided she was not going to be childish and walk straight out. That would just be rude. What were the chances though. Well she'd just have to learn to get along with them.

"Well hello, Serra'tae, Pon'i, Itoh." She gave them a rather forced smile and stood a little awkwardly.

Ah.

This could be slightly awkward.

Serra'tae stood to bow formally. Formality was good. Serra'tae could take solace in formality. "Good evening, Lady Sarani," he said, bending at the waist as was appropriate. "I hope this evening finds you well."

((Incidentally, I just realized that Raknel is from Germany.

How's Germany, Raknel?))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Bamawing » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:14 am

((*giggle* Yep! Since Raknel's from Germany and I was going to move there when he and I first started RPing, it seemed natural to use German as the "overworld" language. It's a language Itoh naturally knows fluently and Pon'i knows a little of. Since Itoh is emberi, it works out well for the worldsetting. I assume we're in a Halms village. Geez, that was three years ago now! *eek* I did move to Germany, and loved it until hubby kicked me out. Germany = awesome.

((I just wish I had known about the German aspect of Poni's life when I was creating him. Thun'der would have been properly called "Donner" or perhaps "Regan." :P Regan is "rain" in German. But then people would wonder why I named a skunk after Ronald Reagan.

((... Reagan as a skunk....

((Crap, I want to change her name now!!!))

Aw, no chocolate for Pon'i. It was probably just as well. The villagers were scared enough of him sober. He ordered the Chamomile and Rose-thing that Serra'tae was drinking, plus a couple of pastries. Before they arrived, Sarani came in. Well. Good thing Thun wasn't here. This much tension and she would clear out the tea shop.

He also stood and bowed. "My lady, if it would please you to join us, feel free to do so. Or if you prefer, we'll leave you alone."

((Y'all please ignore me. It's past my bedtime, and I'm a crazy person anyway.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Raknel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 pm

(( How its Germany ? I dont know ... its Germany ^^ What exatly want you know ? :) . Already 3 years , bami, wow time running pretty fast and you mean sure "Regen" ))

Itoh meet by his roundtour through the shop a old woman in a rocking chair. The woman must be already seventy, her hair is thin and grey like dirty snow and deep wrinkels show her face as had the devil threshed corn on her face. A long pipe hang in the corner of her mouth . She examine from her place the drows and look grudgy up as Itoh come closer.

"Gehören die zu dir ?" ask the old women nasty

"Ja" replie Itoh friendly

"Dann pack dich zusammen Schlitzauge und nihm deine schwarzhäutigen Dämonen mit. Dieses Pack bringt nur Unglück über diese Dorf." answer the old dragon nastyr as before and spit a brown liquid in a pot to her feets .

Itoh bit on his underlips as he hear her answer and look light disgusted to the pot. Then he bow slowly down to the women and answer in a light sharp voice.

"Hören sie jetzt gut zu. Diese schwarzhäutigen Dämonen wie du sie nennst werden dich und deine ganze Sippe , samt den Haus hier den Erdboden gleich machen wenn du ihnen nicht dein Gastrecht gewährst."

The eyes of that old dragon widened a littel bit and bow out of her rocking chair to have a better sight on the drows

"Was wollen die ?"
ask the old lady littel bit unsure.

"Tee und etwas süsses gepäck." answer Itoh with a winning smile.

Any minutes later come a younger woman with a steaming teapot and a plate with hony flavored oat cakes. The hand of the woman shake a littel bit as she settled down the plate , maybe did she see never so many drows on one place. Around the teapot was four smaller pots with diffrent teasorts inside.

"Tea ?" ask itoh and lift the teapot and look in the round .
Raknel
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 am

Raknel wrote:"Tea ?" ask itoh and lift the teapot and look in the round .

Serra'tae blinked.

"How did you get a pot of tea for free?" he asked, downing his brew and placing his mug in front of Itoh in order to obtain the beverage.

((I suppose in general. I can't really tell how world politics/economics is effecting other nations due to my American-ness.)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 pm

(( Germany have in the moment his littel " golden time " . Nobody trust in the moment in banks, stocks or in the firmness of his own money. So invest the peopel in solid things . Renovate the own four walls or buy buildings. Specialy the big citys in germany have a big boom in the moment. In combination with one of the mildest winter since the weather record have the trade so much do like never before . Any see in germany the last safe harbor of the eu, any other beginn already to hate germany . They have fear thats germany and france becomme a too strong postion in the future.

...and germany self ? Well we brew fantastic beer, love soccer, make solid but boring politics. We are kind to tourists but we are nasty to our neigbours. We have nice hills and green forests but shit weather .. yes thats is germany.

..oh yes and yet to you. Thank you for the coffeshops . Realy ! I love coffeeshops. This is on of the best ideas what we adapt from america . I love coffe to go,baggels,espresso,brownies,falvoredcoffevanilla,latte machiato andand....
))

Itoh pour carefull serra'taes cup full and push slowly back to him.

" How ? Well i tell the nice lady behind us thats the group here have a big hunger. After human liver , fresh of course. But i tell her thats the only thing what drows more like as human liver is fresh cookies with a cup of tea. Of course was decsion very easy for her ." answer Itoh neutral and take on of the cookies .

"Hmm delicious, for that i wait over four years."
Raknel
Summoner

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Raknel wrote:(( Germany have in the moment his littel " golden time " . Nobody trust in the moment in banks, stocks or in the firmness of his own money. So invest the peopel in solid things . In the own four walls or buy buildings. Specialy the big citys in germany have a big boom in the moment. In combination with one of the mildest winter since the weather record have the trade so much do like never before . Any see in germany the last safe harbor of the eu, any other beginn already to hate germany . They have fear thats germany and france becomme a too strong postion in the future.

...and germany self ? Well we brew fantastic beer, love soccer, make solid but boring politics. We are kind to tourists but we are nasty to our neigbours. We have nice hills and green forests but shit weather .. yes thats is germany.

..oh yes and yet to you. Thank you for the coffeshops . Realy ! I love coffeeshops. This is on of the best ideas what we adapt from america . I love coffe to go,baggels,espresso,brownies,falvoredcoffevanilla,latte machiato andand....
))

Itoh pour carefull serra'taes cup full and push slowly back to him.

" How ? Well i tell the nice lady behind us thats the group here have a big hunger. After human liver , fresh of course. But i tell her thats the only thing what drows more like as human liver is fresh cookies with a cup of tea. Of course was decsion very easy for her ." answer Itoh neutral and take on of the cookies .

"Hmm delicious, for that i wait over four years."

Serra'tae sweat dropped.

"Well. Uh. That's... clever?"

((Ah, you should thank the Italians for the coffeeshops, actually, because the guy who did Starbucks got the idea from them.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Sarani paused for a moment before answering Serra'tae. "Good evening to you too.." Pon'i's invitation gave her further pause. She was unsure whether or not she should stay, but perhaps it would help clear the air. "Well why not." she said and sat down with the other three.

"Oh please." was her response to Itoh's question. She pushed her yet unused mug over to him and picked up one of the biscuits. She wasn't particularly hungry but they did smell lovely. Nibbling one she was surprised at how tasty they were. She finished it quickly and soon picked up a second, then a third.

At Itoh's speech of eating human livers though she choked, incredulous she asked "Why would you say that just to get tea?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 am

((I think the line "strong but boring politics" is the best description for German politics I've ever heard. I thought the weather was great, though! But I love snow. What's really great is that spring and fall last for months (in Alabama fall lasts for a few weeks, and we don't really have a "spring." We have "tornado season" instead). People can, and do, eat outside. For hours. Even at dusk. They do have mosquitoes... I counted seven over the course of 18 months. I miss the climate as much as I miss the trains. But what I really miss (besides the people, which always comes first) is the FOOD. Mmmmm.... döner.....))

Pon'i heard Itoh talking with the woman, and he was proud of himself for picking up most of the words. ((I really was, too.)) But he hasn't managed to get the biggest point! ((And I didn't!)) His ability to keep a straight face was put to the test... this was so unexpected. He managed to keep from laughing out loud. But his eyes twinkled merrily at Itoh's boldness. After all, the woman had been very rude.

After a second, he managed to get his facial expression back to one of careful neutrality. "I'll pay them. I have some gold," he said calmly. "No need to cheat the poor halms. It's bad enough that we scared them."

He was dying to ask Itoh how to say "This tasted nearly as good as your liver" but thought that might upset someone.

((Das hat gut viel deine Leber gesmecht? *wee* I was always getting the German words for "love" "live" and "liver" confused, which is kind of embarrassing.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:36 am

From across the street, new riders came into town and hitched their horses to the rail. Two of them wore heavy cloaks and rode fine stallions, while the six rode sick looking horses and all they talked about getting trashed* when they get back.

When they entered the tavern and what exactly transpired inside will probably remain a mystery but a loud struggled insured and soon afterwards Gaul came flying out of the bar with two Sharns tangled in brutal combat. Horses were spooked by the fighting and game out load whines as they tired to get away.

Red from cuts, Gaul stood up and began to kick, punch and slam the Sharen pair together. Alaka and Chess were fine examples in the Sharen army but they lacked Gaul's street brawling skills and extreme nature.

Gaul slammed his iron fist in Chess's mouth, lifting her off her feet and on her back. Blood sprayed and shattered teeth flew, his gauntlet snagged a piece of meat and tore her upper lip off. Alaka, bruised and bloody, came at him with a knife she managed to draw while Gaul was busy with Chess. She stuck at him with flash silver and cut him in the back as he tried to turn around. They tangled and wrestled, again and again. Alaka was the first to brake off from the fight, her hands grasping her throat, blood spitting and trickling between her fingers. Gaul remained standing, sealing Alaka's seed.

Soon six armed looking cut throats exited the bar looking for trouble.

(I always seem to find Gaul in fights without his armor.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 pm

django wrote:From across the street, new riders came into town and hitched their horses to the rail. Two of them wore heavy cloaks and rode fine stallions, while the six rode sick looking horses and all they talked about getting trashed* when they get back.

When they entered the tavern and what exactly transpired inside will probably remain a mystery but a loud struggled insured and soon afterwards Gaul came flying out of the bar with two Sharns tangled in brutal combat. Horses were spooked by the fighting and game out load whines as they tired to get away.

Red from cuts, Gaul stood up and began to kick, punch and slam the Sharen pair together. Alaka and Chess were fine examples in the Sharen army but they lacked Gaul's street brawling skills and extreme nature.

Gaul slammed his iron fist in Chess's mouth, lifting her off her feet and on her back. Blood sprayed and shattered teeth flew, his gauntlet snagged a piece of meat and tore her upper lip off. Alaka, bruised and bloody, came at him with a knife she managed to draw while Gaul was busy with Chess. She stuck at him with flash silver and cut him in the back as he tried to turn around. They tangled and wrestled, again and again. Alaka was the first to brake off from the fight, her hands grasping her throat, blood spitting and trickling between her fingers. Gaul remained standing, sealing Alaka's seed.

Soon six armed looking cut throats exited the bar looking for trouble.

(I always seem to find Gaul in fights without his armor.)

"Shit," said Serra'tae. "Itoh, Sarani, we've got trouble!! Sir Pon'i, I don't know how good you are at fighting, but if you're not into combat, HIDE. Itoh, Sarani, I will proceed down the center and provide support. It is not my place to say this, but I would recommend flanking from both sides in a pincer movement. Farewell."

And so Serra'tae lept forward into the abyss, departing from the store. He had never taken off his armor, having left for the store as soon as he arrived at the inn, and so fairly billowed out the door, unsheathing this six-foot long weapon and proceeding at ever increasing speed, ending up with him sprinting across the street.

A swift appraisal of the situation wrote:Chess was apparently knocked out, having been strangled by Gaul as the fight broiled. Alaka was bleeding profusely from the throat. This was probably due to having her throat slit. Gaul was sealing the taint before it permeated and infected someone else, but was being flanked while he was otherwise occupied by six more combatants wielding swords and armor, apparently the body guards of Alaka and Chess.

The first order of business was protecting Gaul. With a spray of snow and gravel, Serra'tae took a defensive stance in front of Gaul.

"What's this, another drowhiir come to defend his butt-buddy?" sneered one of the interlopers. "How do you feel about us shoving something a lot bigger up your ass, grey-skin?"

"Unfortunately, I'm not into that sort of thing," said Serra'tae blandly, holding his blade in front of him. "Though if YOU are, perhaps I can be of service!"

"Unlikely," said another combatant. "You're clearly compensating for something."

"Yes, but I still get more action than you do. Are you SURE you have a set of balls down there, or did your last lover cut them off due to your impotence?"

"Oh FUCK you!" shouted the combatant. "I'm going to kill you for that!"

He charged. With a great clash of steel, the two fighters engaged, with a second deciding to get in on the action. Serra'tae whirled, parrying here and blocking there, using his armor to redirect otherwise fatal blows and using his blade and its long reach to wear down their defenses, smashing into armor plating with vicious over hand chops and piercing with dexterity the joining points of his enemies' armor. Soon, the two interlopers were bleeding from a number of wounds, while Serra'tae remained relatively unharmed, save for minor flesh wounds.

But this was all pointless, because the remainder was making a run for Gaul.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Itoh must smile over Ponis words. He would never cheat other or harm somebody, what a kind person. Itoh nip on his tea and enjoy the moment of peace with this peopel. But the the peace was short lived as Gaul brawl with two sharens middel in the village . This men have realy a nose to find troubel . In two eye-blincs explode the situation in the room, the drows grap to her weapons and the waitress screamed as she see how gaul sliced up on of his enemys.
Itoh stand up and send in his language the peopel back in her rooms .

"...but I would recommend flanking from both sides in a pincer movement. Farewell." Hear Itoh from Serra'taes short speech.

" flanking...? With which warriors ? Stop wait .. Sir Serra'tae." scream Itoh after him but this drow rush with his giant sword in the combat .

From the door can Itoh see how the enemys reinforcment come closer .

" Great.. Miss sarani we have a problem . I think its time to show me as men the great fighting skills of the drowoman." Noticed Itoh a littel bit sarcastic to sarani and search something in the room what he can use as weapon .

A sickel and a tea saucer was the best was he can find in the moment .

" Poni , can you run to our guesthouse and bring Gauls weapons and Thunder .... oh when you find a villageguard . Tell him " DER FEIND IST IM DORF . HILFE ! " . Maybe we have luck and somebody help us from the village."

Then he go to the door and wait for sarani .

" Ready when you are ."
Raknel
Summoner

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:11 pm

At the sounds of fighting Sarani looked around, it was Gaul who was fighting. 'Why do these things always happen' she thought . Swearing and jumping up, she dropped her mug, which shattered and spilled its contents all over the floor. She reached quickly under the table to grab her sword and saw Serra'tae run out shouting something about flanking. "The idiot!" she spat as Itoh screamed after him. She took a precious second to draw her sword and examine the situation before nodding at Itoh's words. There was no way to get around behind them without being seen. They didn't exactly blend in well. "Looks like we'll have to take them head on." She grimaced.

I've a dagger for you but that's all." she threw it to him. The blade was about the length of her forearm and the hilt was... ornate; little gold, silver, and pink flowers and vines adorned it. The sheath was just as bad. She'd picked it up for her mother and never gotten around to giving it to her. It was, in her opinion, quite hideous, but it would kill someone just as well as any other.

"Let's go get em." She murmured, wishing she was wearing her armour. Moving quickly and quietly towards the enemy, her expression was grim.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:39 am

((lol... true... if I named her "Regan" I would have misspelled it. Tut mir Leit! I can't spell in English, either... spell checks for the win.))

Der Feind ist in Dorf. Hilfe! Pon'i nodded, registering the new word "Feind." Similar to an old drow word for enemy. "Dorf" and "Hilfe" he knew well enough, since he had to ask the locations of various towns. He ducked out the side of the door, avoiding the battle, heading for his room and Gual's gear.

Two blocks down, he saw an armed goblin. "Bitte Helfe!" Pon'i shouted, his voice muffled by the snow. "Bitte schön!" The goblin turned. He was halmes, but Pon'i didn't bother to switch languages. "Der Feind ist in Dorf. Hilfe, bitte!" His accent was drowish, but he didn't care.

"Sprichst du Deutsch?" the halmes spat. Pon'i was so grateful the man understood that he didn't notice the tone. "Dan verstehst das: Ich weise der Feind ist hier. Ich kann er sehen."

Pon'i's eyes widened. "Nein! Nicht mich!!"

The halmes burst into a flurry of Overworld that Pon'i couldn't follow. Part of him, off-task, admired the man's ability to speak emberi, and wondered where he learned it. Most of him, though, was far more worried about the pointy end of that spear. At the moment, the man seemed more interested in yelling at him than stabbing him. Thank Sharess.

Soon the halmes ran out of steam. He glared. "Drowish?" he asked.

"Yes, please?"

"Fix your own problems, darkskin."

Pon'i turned and ran down the street.

((OK, in case my German is even worse than I expect it is: "You speak German (familiar for of "you", since he's trying to be insulting)? Then understand this: I know the enemy is here. I can see him." And now I will run the spell check. *doh* XD

((Good thing, too, 'cause I misspelled nearly every word. *blush* And Chrome's spell check is made of yuck. Sad face.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive