Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Re: Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 am

Serra'tae nodded and dismounted. Silently, he moved away from the group and knelt by the body, snapping off a large stick from a nearby shrubbery. With his fire stone, he lit the branch on fire.

"Blessed are the meek," prayed Serra'tae, holding the branch in his hands, "for they shall be made strong."

"Blessed are the silent, for their voice shall be made loud.
Blessed are the blind, for their sight is the most keen.
Blessed are the dark, for they shall be made light.
Blessed are the oppressed, for they shall be made free.
Blessed are the bloodied, for their guilt shall be swept clean.
For these reasons, in blood and flames shall the corrupt be purged from this world, ah'en."

He placed the branch upon the dead girl's chest, the fire quickly igniting and spreading across her clothes. Serra'tae gathered more branches and added more wood to keep the flames growing until he had a funeral pyre blazing brightly against the white landscape.

"Be your soul lost as it is," Serra'tae said, bowing his head. "Mayhap some small part of you still remains. Mayhap chance shall favor you in the next plane. If such should occur, may you find peace in the embrace of the Goddess."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Raknel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:40 pm

(( Hi have a longer stay in hospital , im back now))

Itoh watch silently from his horse at this scenery. He ask always self why the darkskins have so much fear from this diseas but he must self lock away as the teamplar seal away the girls soul .Itoh frown by the idea self to locked away in such a orb , his soul would never reached ningen-do , the realm of the deads .
Itoh shake away this thought and snow what rest on his strawhat . With his new freedom change his fashion too , he wear a far east winter collection from his homeland .

A bright strawhat and two layers of cloths . The outsight layer was a compact webed black cloth to suck up the sun and hold heat inside , the inner was thicker wool cloth but more loose webbed as the outside so thats his skin can breath . A grey-black turban protect his face from the sun and selfmaded snowglass protect his eyes from the snowblindness. A wide greay-white cape make his outfit complete and let him look like a walking mushroom.

Itoh look from his horse around as shinobi was he trained to hold his mind in motion and so was his mind already ahead . How long can she walked with this wounds ? Where is the enemy ? How many can it be?

Itoh becomme hunger as the smell of roasted flesh reach his nose .As Itoh the source of this smell has was already to late and the corpse ablaze right now . With opened eyes jump he from th horse and run to the group but he can do nothing to stop the fire .

" Tsu " cursed Itoh and looked angry to Serra'tae then he look up to the sky .

Flesh and wet clothers are a bad fuel for fire and so raise black wod's of smock up in the sky . Good visibel for everybody within in a radius of hundred miles . Of course he can throw snow one the corpse but Itoh have more fear from angry ghost as from living. So swallow his anger down and go back to his horse .
Last edited by Raknel on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raknel
Summoner

Postby Bamawing » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 pm

"That was beautiful." Pon'i was more than a little stunned at Serra'tae's litany. However, he kept his face carefully neutral. He was probably coming off as cold, but he would rather come off as cold than face the consequences of being heretical in front of Kyorls. "I... just would hate for the wild animals to eat the body of any drow. This way is better, I think."

Itoh was upset about something. Sensing this, Thun fidgeted in her seat. Pon'i stroked her gently. It was still cold, and if they weren't going anywhere for a while, he wanted to eat something. He managed to extract some hardtack and spicy spread from the saddlebag. Thun sniffed at it but showed no other interest.

"Snacks?" he offered the group.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm

"I'll pass thank you." Gaul said to Poni as he walked over to the burning corpse. The black smoke would have given them away, if the Sharns were expecting Kyorls. He doubted they would be expecting trouble.

"We should start heading off." He said after the group took their extended rest. "We got alot of ground to cover." Climbing ontop of his horse, he notice Idoh cross. "Some thing wrong Idoh?" He asked as he passed the embire.

Thobias sat on his horse, watching the black smoke rise. He took a note but thought nothing much of it, there were plenty of Travelers on the surface. The only question was did Freilya reach them?

Riding his horse over to the carriage he called out to his new mistress, "Lady Malerna. I Should report to you that..." Thobias stopped in mid sentence as the door opened and Malerna sat in their with her neck bare. "Come in Thobias, come and please your new mistress." she beckoned him in.

She didn't care, she was the new mistress and that all that mattered. Thobias was about to tell her but thought against it, for the moment at least. Malerna had a bad temper much like her sister and she wouldn't like being bothered about something as trival as someone camp fire.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 am

Sarani spoke quietly after Gaul gave her a helping hand down from her horse. "I wouldn't say the surface was to my liking but I wouldn't say I hate it either. I think I would prefer coming in the summer." She smiled up at her father then walked over to stand quietly behind Serra'tae. She didn't say anything. Just stood there and watched the corpse burn expressionlessly. She wasn't thinking about the sharen, she was trying to figure out why the guy in front of her was so sensitive about a single tainted's death. Well it was none of her business in the end was it.

She heard Pon'i offer snacks. "Sorry but burning corpses tend to take away my appetite." She said giving him a sharp look. She couldn't really understand Pon'i, his reasoning made no sense to her. He seemed sensitive to the strangest things while cold as ice to things that really mattered.

"I don't see why it would bother you. Many drow eat their own dead, or give them to their pets. Wild animals need to eat as well. If anything I'd prefer wild animals to being thrown to some Val's pet."

After her father called out that it was time to leave, she waited a moment before walking slowly back to the ******** horse. She would have rather walked the whole way, if it weren't for the insane amount of time that would waste.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:26 am

Pon'i shrugged internally at the sharp glance. Itoh, it seems, wasn't the only person on edge. Perhaps that's what was setting Thun off. He bowed to Sarani, which was a little difficult on the horse. "True, a dead body is just an empty vessel. And I'm sorry if I offended you." He sounded sincere. He was sincere - he hated the thought of conflict in a traveling group. He wasn't crazy about the thought of conflict, period.

((Remember the job I was so happy about? Laid off yesterday. The boss was really upset about letting me go. "Hubby," if you're reading this, I TOLD you Atlanta would have had a better job market...))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Itoh take thankful two of ponis offered snacks and bit any pieces off. He chew slow and thoughful as he answer Gauls question.

"I think we should leave this place soon. Traveling in the deepest winter is dangerous enough and we need not more problems .How even kill this drow , is after all in the near ."

Itoh wrap the other snack in a tissue and lay this on the side of the burning corpse . Itoh mumbling a short prey for this dead women and bow his head short to honor the dead , for more is not enough time . As he go back did he hear the littel conflict between the peopel here, its looks so everbody have his own sight over the dead .

Itoh dont interrupt this peopel , its drow buisness. Instead climbing he on top of his horse and dericets to the side on Gauls horse . He took a land map from his saddlebag and reach this Gaul.

" I can not read our language but its looks so thats we have reach soon a outpost, we should travling littel slower to spare the horses strenghts." Mean Itoh and point on postion on the map.
Raknel
Summoner

Postby django » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:42 am

"Your right. We should get going." Gaul said to Idoh as he kicked his horse forward.

"I'll hear no more talk about the Sharen... Burning corpses... Or how we deal with tainted or the dead." He glowered towards the group. It was a warning directed to everyone, he didn't want any conflict stirring up from this; so he had to put an end to it now. "You can take it up with me directly, when we hit town."

(later that night)

When they arrived in town, it was dark out and along the road the Sharens decided to go off road somewhere by a sign. He made the choice then and there to let them go... For now.

He didn't know where they were going or what they had in mind but the diary the Sharen was an interesting read to say the least. Somewhere in a valley east of here, there were ruins of an old dark elf settlement or something. He was aware of the area the diary talked about but didn't know much about it other then it being called Wolf Valley by the locals he asked.

The inn wasn't very busy except for a few locals and a human merchant.

Gaul sat alone in his room. He needed to think on what they were going to do. Wolf Valley wasn't too far and the Sharens didn't seem to know the area that well or they would have taken another, more direct route. But what did he have over the Sharens? Rilla'me, Serra'tae Idoh, Poni...and Thundar. Not a purging squad, that's for sure. The Sharens had four body guards, one ex lover and a cut throat sister.

Somewhere in the plains and off the road. Malerna and her group met with a group of human cut throats called the Half moon gang. A motley group of young sell swords eager to work for pay.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 am

Serra'tae was wandering the area, deep in thought. The occurrence on the trail earlier had left a bitter taste in his mouth and he needed the time to clear his head.

The issue Serra'tae took with purging was that half the time the tainted weren't in it for malicious reasons. It seemed that every other Purge he took part in, he was killing small children or innocent bystanders from the Nidraachal War years ago. Vloz Hunts were fine, the Vloz were actively trying to end the world after all, but there really seemed to be no justification for actively purging those caught in the crossfire between the Clans.

Serra'tae sighed. Nothing he could do about it. Maybe Gaul was right, he really should just def-

NO. What was he thinking?! That was the height of lunacy. Must be the lack of mana in the air, making him think such ludicrous thoughts.

Serra'tae spontaneously entered a small surface herbalist. The scent of herbs and spices, of medicinal value or otherwise, helped clear his head; the mug of strong herbal tea a crescent later helped even more. He'd have to buy a pack of this stuff to take home, it was really very good.

((Note: Serra'tae is now a few blocks from the inn, sitting inside a Herbalist's Shop, drinking tea and watching the snow fall.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Pon'i was a little relieved to be stopped. The horseback ride left his legs sore, and the group was diverse and ripe for conflict ((which makes for great writing, actually)). Keeping his mouth shut about political opinions was second nature to him, but he couldn't help but hope they didn't meet any more tainted.

The downside to stopping was the fact that all the locals knew exactly what a skunk was. Worse, tame ones were apparently rare. After frightening the innkeeper, a merchant and one human female who actually ran away, Pon'i gave up. His room was warm and safe. Thun'der curled up on his pillow, and he left her sleeping.

Dinner at the inn was out of the question. (The innkeeper's exact words were "get that crazy man and that skunk out of here!!") It was time to go exploring. Pon'i invited Itoh to come with him, and headed out into the cold. Now to find an open bakery or tea shop...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:33 am

Bamawing wrote:Pon'i was a little relieved to be stopped. The horseback ride left his legs sore, and the group was diverse and ripe for conflict ((which makes for great writing, actually)). Keeping his mouth shut about political opinions was second nature to him, but he couldn't help but hope they didn't meet any more tainted.

The downside to stopping was the fact that all the locals knew exactly what a skunk was. Worse, tame ones were apparently rare. After frightening the innkeeper, a merchant and one human female who actually ran away, Pon'i gave up. His room was warm and safe. Thun'der curled up on his pillow, and he left her sleeping.

Dinner at the inn was out of the question. (The innkeeper's exact words were "get that crazy man and that skunk out of here!!") It was time to go exploring. Pon'i invited Itoh to come with him, and headed out into the cold. Now to find an open bakery or tea shop...

"Sir Pon'i!" called Serra'tae, hailing Pon'i from the doorway of the herbalist's shop he was in. "You seem cold. Why are you not at the inn?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:12 pm

"Serra'tae!" Pon'i smiled and ((if Itoh's with him)) beckoned Itoh in invitation to follow.

"The innkeeper's scared of Thun," he explained. "And me, by association. What have you found here?" It was a nice little shop, warm and filled with sweet-smelling surface teas. He hoped they had pastries, too. "Is there room for more at your table?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Bamawing wrote:"Serra'tae!" Pon'i smiled and ((if Itoh's with him)) beckoned Itoh in invitation to follow.

"The innkeeper's scared of Thun," he explained. "And me, by association. What have you found here?" It was a nice little shop, warm and filled with sweet-smelling surface teas. He hoped they had pastries, too. "Is there room for more at your table?"

"Of course, sir," Serra'tae said, leading him/them to the table. "This is an apothecary I wandered in to. They have a very wide selection of medicines and -ahemillicitmaterialshemhack-cough-cough. Ahem. Sorry about that, the air's a bit dry. Anyway, as I was saying, they make a very good herbal tea. You should try some."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Raknel » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 am

Itoh relaxed a littel bit after the group arrive finaly the village. A warm meal and a night in a orderly bed was the right thing after a cold winter journy .Itoh overgive the horses a young stabelman and paid him in advance. Stabelmans was after courtier and curtisans the greatest chatterboxes .
Itoh was glad to hear thats they was the first drow group after a long time what he see and pester him with questions. Itoh lie a littel bit and tell him thats he was a scout troup from a another bigger group outside and have a bigger travel to the east borderlands.
For Itoh its better thats nobody know her true groupsize and her real destination and go outside . Itoh make any other stops before he go to the guesthouse and meet with poni.

Its looks so thats poni and any peopel here resolve her first cultureshock and come up his way and invite him to a littel round tour. Itoh walk on his side and beginn to talk with him

" I have stocking up our supplies, we have luck. The peopel have a rich harvest this year, not cheap in the moment but not extraordinary for us. I buy winterfruits Äpfel ,Birnen , Hagebutten, Zuckerrüben and diffrent sorts of nuts. Everything is pretty frostresistence but we have a problem with one of our horses .
A light undercolling in his left leg , nothing terryfing but the horse need a rest before it can run again . Oh and yes we..."

Sombody call ponis name from a building . It was one of the templars , serra tae. He invite him to a cup of tea. Itoh bow with a friendly bow and use the break to look a littel bit around .The mixture of smells of that herbal shop renember him a littel bit at home where he train self a littel bit with herbs and natureposions. But the most herbs what here exist grow not in his land and so go he from stabel to stabel and study any of this products.
Raknel
Summoner

Postby Bamawing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:36 am

Äpfel - Pon'i's favorite! This sounded like breakfast. Zuckerrüben were good, too. They went well with Dendal mushrooms. His cousins were going to be thrilled! He was a little worried now, about the horse... it somehow didn't surprise him that Itoh knew about horses. The emberi seemed to know a little about nearly everything.

It was then Serra'tae called them in out of the snow. Pon'i was looking forward to talking to someone else in the company. Itoh seemed willing, so the two of them entered the shop. Itoh began looking at the wares. Probably for something to treat the horse. Meanwhile, Serra'tae hinted at something Pon'i had heard about but never experienced...

"Herbal tea?" he asked with a mischievousness grin. "I bet they have... hot chocolate." The last words he spoke in a reverent whisper. As if to explain, he quickly added: "From what I hear, it's really mild, though. Just enough to kick in a buzz. I'm not sure I really want to, but I do hear it's good."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive