Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Re: Surface: Swords of Wolf Vally (Privet)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am

Serra'tae sweatdropped to himself.

"Erh, tactics and strategy aren't really my thing, milady," he said. "It would be a really bad idea to send me in for recon." Serra'tae unfortunate lack of longterm guidance under an older Templar or any Warden had led to a gradual but inevitable degradation of his leadership skills. Sigh.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Bamawing » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 am

Pon'i hadn't noticed anything wrong with Sarani. Thun would have, but she was still asleep in the room.

A woman needing something - now this was finally a situation where Pon'i felt comfortable.

"I haven't seen your things," he said with a bow, "but I can go look. And if you're staying in your room, definitely stick with the blanket." He allowed his eyes to twinkle a little. Then he raised from the bow and addressed the others. "Food sounds wonderful. I'll join you all as soon as I see to Miss Sarani's things." Without waiting for a reply, he bowed to the assembly and swept away. He had a decision to make...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh she wished she was back home. How long was she going to be stuck here up on the surface in horrible weather. At least she wouldn't have to ride that damn horse for a while. She'd only walked a few paces when Serra'tae started talking, he seemed to want to prolong the situation. With great reluctance Sarani'ka turned to face him again. I know it would be bad idea Serra'tae, that was my point. You might want to think before acting." She tugged the blanket more tightly around her as she spoke.

Pon'i bowed and swept away past her and down the hall, apparently to fetch her things. "Wait, I just said- Oh never mind, you can save me the walk if you must. Not like anyone here listens to me anyway." The last of her mutterings sounded full of frustration. She was a warden for Sharesssake!

Resigning herself to staying in the small room for the day she walked back past Serra'tae and into the room, closing the door behind her.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby django » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 pm

As Gaul made his way down the stairs, he found the tavern to have some locals in for breakfast. It did surprise him a little to see people here, even after the fact that there was a bloodily fight last night and drow staying in the Inn. The braver ones that where here, did not care so much since the outsiders kept their business to themselves and left the locals out of it.

Gaul caught up with the Inn's Keeper as he was delivering some food to a table. He was reluctant at first to talk to Gaul, but he remembered last night well and wanted to keep the peace with the drow. "Yes drow?" "I need a hot bath and enough food for four please." Gaul pulled out some coin and placed it in the Tavern keepers hand. The Inns keeper nodded, he always like when people paid him up front, "What room do you want it." "I'll save you the trouble and take it up the room, just tell me when you have some hot water ready." Inn's men nodded and went into the kitchen, where his wife was cooking food.

With that out of the way Gaul took a seat with three extra chairs.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 pm

The snow was very deep on the way to the teahouse. Gaul was going to have a hard time with it unless he rode a horse, and even then it wouldn't be easy. Pon'i wasn't crazy about the idea of horses. Seemed to him that they added an extra layer of unpredictability on what was basically a (reconassance? reconessance? come on, spell check... reconissance? oh phuck it) spy mission.

The woman at the tea shop was obviously related to the older woman of last night. Pon'i could easily see the mother's beauty in the younger woman's face. It was also suddenly obvious why they knew the emberi language. The girl looked like her mother, only with Itoh's eyes. Apparently halmes and emberi could mate.

"Bitte Entschuldigung. Meine freunde hat ihre Dinge hier vergessen. Haben Sie ihre Buch und..." he had no idea what the words for "paints" might be, so he mimed painting something. The woman looked at him funny for a few seconds and then reached behind the counter. Yes, a book and some paints.

"Vielen dank!" said Pon'i happily. In case she couldn't understand his thick drowish accent, he laid a small gold coin on the counter. Then he gathered Sarani's things and went back out into the snow.

The way back was easier since he could follow his own footsteps. This time he entered the front door of the inn, and was surprised to see halmes sitting calmly eating. Gaul was sitting at a table set for four. Pon'i joined him.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 am

Everybody ate quetily in the Tavern or spoke in hushed tones while the drow were present. Gaul could feel the tenstion in the room and his nerves crawled up his back,. They didn't seem hostile, just uneasy towards the drow.

Gaul watched Poni make his way to the tea shop and back to the tavern. Gaul had to admit it was funny seeing him trying walk in the snow like that and he gave him points for not falling in it. He remebered his first time in the deep snow. He was drunk as well as falling on his ass alot. It was the kind of thing that could make a good skit on a play, or so he was told, he didn't think it was very funny... ok maybe a little thinking back on it.

"Deep enough snow out there?" Gaul motioned to Poni to join him. Good timing too, the food just arrived "I'm planning on leaving after I eat and get Sarani her bath when its ready. You still want to come?."

Mean while, just outside of the town. Arkady, a grizzled and thick musled man by any helm standard, whos body is more scar then skin, walks in the thick snow carrairing a feshly killed deer. Following close beside him was his wolves, his pack. They were lifeless looking bunch. Mean eyed and lean, they quitely followed their master into town.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 am

((Not sure what to do next. Erm, Django, I'd move to have Wolf Man loom dangerously over Gaul causing tension and drawing of swords))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 pm

((I'll figure something else up latter, if you guy are still interested in this.))
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 pm

((I'm still interested!))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:09 am

((Count me in))

"Thank you!" Pon'i pulled up the chair. "And yes. It's not like I have anything better to do. I certainly don't feel like staying holed up here, covered in snow. Never done anything quite like this before. What's it like? " He was envisioning taking them something and asking questions. Or maybe they would stay back and watch?
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

((Awsome))

"Well that all depends on what we find." Gaul said as their breakfast arrived. He started to eat but gave a pause to continue "Maybe nothing, But I want to check on the rest of our Sharn friends." He didn't expect much in the scene of danger. If he did, he certainly would not have taken Poni with him.

The tick snow certainly made it hard for the horses to keep up the same pace from yesterday, almost doubling and if not tripling their time. Gaul felt sorry for his draft horse Black pot, he would have had less problems with the snow if he didn't carry his fully armed and heavy rider.

Since they left town, Gaul was blind folded. He kept his Mana vision on, looking for Nether or other signs of demons. He always wondered what neither would do with no gate or mana to keep it alive for miles, his guess would be in an hour or so it would simply starve to death and pitter out.

By the time they came within sight of the Sharn camp sight, their was nothing but snow covered bodies and a broken down carriage... and one drow with a impure mana inside of it. "Looks like we have one survivor."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 am

Pon'i wanted to leave Thun at the inn... she was defenseless for the next few days. Usually, he lay as low as possible until she was back up to full capacity. But he was confident that Gaul would be able to protect them both. Besides, the halmes were less than friendly toward her. She would be in as much danger left alone, perhaps more. So Thun was along for the ride, perched on Pon'i's lap.

The blindfold fascinated him. They were on a mission to see what they could see, right? So why the blindfold? He expected it was a Kyorl thing. It showed trust in the goddess or something like that. He admired faith, even if he wasn't a practicing Sharess-ite or whatever they call themselves. He was also looking around, trying to see everything that Gaul couldn't. This practice would have been smarter if Pon'i had any idea what to look for.

They reached the camp without incident. Gaul mentioned a survivor... Pon'i reckoned this meant another killing. He winced a little internally. As usual, nothing showed on his face. "Thun can't spray again," he cautioned in a whisper. He wasn't worried, though. Gaul was surely a match for a single Sharen.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 am

((I'm assuming that we have different timelines going then))

Serra'tae suppressed a sigh and fingered his sword's grip. This would either go well and the Sharen would die quickly, or everything would go to hell and they'd need to do a multi-step nether gate suppression while waiting for someone to fetch back a Warden, which could take days.

"On your command sir," said Serra'tae, nodding at Gaul.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 am

(Yes. But I was under the impression that Serratae was staying back in the village while Gaul and Poni scouted. No worries if you ment for him to come along.)

Gaul un did his head band and slipped on his helmet. "Were going to check them out. Poni I want you to stay back here, no heroics. Something bad happned you get yourself back to town."

"Tae, I want you to cover up anything that looks like a Kyorl. And visors down, do not let that Ver'drowendar see your tattoo. That's what gave me away last night." Remembering last night well. Taking on two Sharnes female knights in a brawl with only his sword and walking away from it was a stroke of luck more then anything.

Moving his horse closer to the almost half buried carriage, Gaul could make out several forms that look like bodies under the snow. One of them was not and she had no clothing on. It was such a strange sight seeing someone completely undressed and out in the open in this kind of weather. Olaths could could be strange sometimes.

Inside the Carriage, Thobias held onto his life. Never has he suffered so much in one night as he did in his blizzard. Malerna died some time before sun rise, cuddled up to him, with her last moment being some of the most pitiful hes ever seen the woman. Some how he lived and everyone else froze, unprepared for such weather.

He wondered what happened to the party they sent to the town. They never did return, and Thobias wondered silently if they made there before the blizzard did... No matter. He planned to... Wait did he hear foot steps. Was it them or someone else?
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:55 pm

((And I completely forgot about this thread.

I was under the impression that Gaul had scouted and then called for backup or something. Whatever, Tae's here, let's get to it.))

Serra'tae nodded.

"Our armor isn't stamped with our clan's seal, so it should be easy enough." Serra'tae quickly tucked the tails of his sash into his belt and turned this cloak inside out. "Ready sir."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive