Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Bazaar - Slaver's Store

Re: Val'Raveran | Bazaar - Slaver's Store

Postby Improbable odds » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 am

((This is my placeholder for my upcoming post, which I'll end up doing tomorrow after my classes. I'm not dead! I swear.))

With the alarm raised and his attempt at a subtle entry via the rear loading door failed Nathan had retreated back from where it was he had come from, leaving only the key he had attempted to use to open the door behind on his way out. He hadn't had time to drop the blade he had taken, so that went with him as he made his escape via scaling a wall the lead into the opposite block of shops. The dazed and bleeding guard would come to non-the-wiser as to who had come and broken his nose and stolen his sword, and smelling more like trash than like a guard.

It was lucky that he had made his escape when he had, however, because it was right as he finished traversing the far wall that his friends entered the rear of the store with the owner of the shop in tow. Nobody had seen his face and as far as anyone knew he was just a thief who had come about at a really bad time, meaning that there wouldn't be a tie between him and the group of Templars and their Wardens who had entered the shop just moments before-hand. At least not a tie anyone could reasonably prove, seeing as the only thing they had to go on was a tall figure wearing a cloak with the hood pulled up.

In the store, however, things were starting to unfold.

Vanessa had been as asleep as one could expect a young girl to be when trapped in a foreign city and locked in a metal cage when the noise of shouting and unfamiliar voices woke her. By the time the group had managed to enter the rear of the store she was already upright, smoothing the fabric of her garb out as she sat on her knees before the assembled group, hands folded neatly in her lap.

"I may be able to help you. I may not. It depends entirely upon what information you're looking for, sir." It seemed almost eerie how clearly the young girl spoke in relation to her father.How her accents seemed almost natural and how her speech flowed without interruption unlike the choppy fragments and occasional stuttering that her father spoke with. She seemed perfectly calm sitting there in her one person cell, surrounded by armed guards and oddly dressed inquisitors all of which seemed to have their attention focused on her.

"However please be aware that if your questions have anything to do with my future master I am bound by my oath and by my position to not speak any of the secrets I may know." her voice covered up the very faint sound of paper crumpling as she felt a note slide into her cell and into her waiting hands. She wanted desperately to read it and to see if it was what she thought it was, to hope that somehow her father hadn't been killed and was here to see to her safety. Still she didn't want to risk anything now that their plan very well might have been in full swing; so she slid the note discreetly into her sleeve where she would have to read it later. She seemed like a clever girl, the kind you really didn't want to take your eye off of for fear of her setting some plan or scheme into motion. It was probably why her ankles were locked to the bottom of the cage and why her neck featured a sturdy looking iron collar locked around it, complete with a chain leading to the back wall where it was anchored.

"Now please, you said you had questions?"
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 am

[[My placeholder for a post. I have one started, but it needs more work and I can't finish it now because its late, and i have a morning shift at work tomorrow. The afternoon should be something more substantial though. And some good posts lately too you guys. ^^ ]]
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Kail'odian » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:31 am

[[Here it is. ^^]]

Tai'ka leaned in just enough so that only Aiva could hear her. "I sensed him yes. He tried the back, but has since retreated like a thief choosing the wrong night to steal. And for that idiot we have, after we take her chains and collar off I'm going to lock those bindings on Serra'tae and slap some sense into him!" Her words were hissed out of her although she calmed herself a few seconds later as if to look like she was exchanging notes with the Warden. "After the mission of course." She said, amending her statement. It was hard to tell if Tai'ka was serious or just very annoyed at the Templar's actions.

If anyone were to ask her of what the Templar needed in her opinion at the moment, it was that Serra'tae desperately needed more education on tact instead of just sword training. Who goes and barges into a room to lose their element of surprise so suddenly?!

Continuing to walk in, Tai'ka was scanning her head left and right although she had a pretty good idea the stock they were looking for would not be in the general holding area, but instead in the back with the other sold property which was waiting to be shipped out the next day. Finally she spotted Serra'tae once again near a well groomed and cleaned up slave girl. Tai'ka thought two things when she saw Serra'tae and Vanessa afterward: one, even though she wouldn't do it there she felt like hitting the Templar for his show of bravado moments earlier. Two, there was no question this was Nathan's daughter, and had to admit the young halme girl was a pretty sight bound and kneeling like that. No wonder the Slutisinrune found this girl worth buying.

Walking closer and hearing her words Tai'ka was the next to speak with the halme girl as she looked down on her with an impassive face. As much as she wanted to be kind to this girl, she had to look, act and even be the professional inquisitor she had been for the last two centuries.

"Slave. You appear to be the one we are looking for. Your Sullisin'rune owner does not concern us, however your history does. Did you encounter any tainted or Vloz'ress to this city when you came here? They would be grey or dark skinned with red eyes to you."

It was a ruse of course; Vanessa's answer didn't really matter even if she spoke the truth. Tai'ka would say the slave girl was not being completely honest making her answer null and void, therefore giving the group of Kyorl's all the reason they would need to take the girl away from this place. The proof of an Inquisitor's word should be enough to not even have the slaver resist, although she knew a tentative deal had been reached between client and seller, and money might be another problem but in the essence of things, the deal between slaver and Sullisin'rune was not of any concern to the Kyorl'solenurn. Purity of the race was and eliminating any and all traces of tainted mana were paramount. They would not need to wait for any Sullisin'rune to meet with them either.

Tai'ka was the type of Inquisitor who did not need a higher up to take charge of the situation if needed. She was quite fine with taking the initiative to be the aggressive female if she felt the situation needed it; especially if the slaver was even thinking of being resistant to the idea of this squad taking a quality slave off her hands. So far in their endeavor it worked and as long as the rest of the group followed her lead, things should go along just fine.

That was her hope anyway.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:19 pm

The Slaver followed as close as Garrus would let her, in to the back area where she kept the sold merchandise away. She didn't like were this was going when they stopped in front of the blonde human she sold to a Sullisin'rune just earlier today. The owner thought about telling them no but the memories of the burnt out houses and city blocks the Kyorl left behind could easily happen to her and her store. That and she wasn't sticking her neck out for a human slave.

Garrus finally let the owner pass and she opened the cage and un did manacles. Just as Vanessa was transferred to the Kyorls hands she bolted and tried to make a run for it. Vanessa wasn't about to take any more chances with underworld elves.

Vanessa was a quick little rabbit able to dodge and duck well, until she tried to get past Garrus, who was well seasoned in catching Qin'dalasque pick pockets. He was so quick in that heavy armor Vanessa froze for a moment. He snatched her up and roughly shoved her into cages with a rattle. Garrus put such a tight arm hold on her that threatened to break her arm if she struggled too much.

Vanessa did struggle for a bit as she was pushed along but it was too painful to keep it up, the hold on her arm too much to bare any real struggle. All this time Garrus felt a cold chill down his spine, he didn't want to do this, not at all, but he had to do it as if he really was bringing back a heretic. Goddess forgive me if I hurt her.

The plan seemed to really work, on the way out neither the Gauds or the Owner stopped them as they left to a more safe location. Perhaps Vanessa planned on running to make her look more like the part? Who knows Garrus thought to himself.
Last edited by django on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:15 pm

((Bump!!))
((We should get posts from Reva and ImpOdds))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Reva » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:06 am

((Ok, ok, I said I was going to post now but I'm too sleepy to do it at the moment, poke me tomorrow please. Where's Impossible Odds btw? And did django just throw us at the street?))
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 am

(I did. Would you like me to change it or slow down where we went?)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:12 pm

When they were finally a healthy distance from the slaver's store, Aiva slowed down her hurried pace to think of the situation. And make sure everybody was there.

Garrus, there, surprisingly not having a fit over unprotected young children in paternal rage. Check.
The girl, which also surprisingly was very calm.
Tai'ka, probably the only sane mind but her and the other girl. Check.
Serra'tae, who was going to get retribution very, very soon.

Now, Nathan...

She thought about mentioning his absence but on a second thought, the girl could speak drow and it could make her stressed and nervous to know his father Sharess-knows-where in a town full of darklings like the ones that enslaved her. Instead, she decided they needed a place to regroup and take off their disguises. That wig was making her want to scratch her head so badly it was almost overcoming her warden training.

- If I am correct, my apartament is the closest. We can take one of the secondary streets and arrive there without calling much attention. Which means, as much attention we can avoid with Serra'tae's gear. It's unlikely any civilians will bother us, though. - As a rule, one's idea of common sense didn't include jeer at a Kyorl'solenurn in the middle of a purge, no matter how ridiculous and undignified she or he may look.

Undignified. It reminded Aiva'ihl of a certain subject she had to speak in particular with her templar. But that also would have to wait, so she pushed the thought to the back of her head, somewhere behind the Unused Skills part and the Quotations From Orthobbae Teachers I Remember For Some Reason sector.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 am

Despite the group being a safe distance from the slavers, Garrus still held a tight grip on Nathans daughter. She looked calm on the outside but he was sure she was planning on escaping the moment he let go of her. He cant take that risk, not after all they been through to get her.

"We should get going." Garrus said to Aiva, no one seemed to pay them much attention and the peasants were avoiding them like any other purge group holding a human prisoner. As much as he wanted to wait for Nathen, they couldn't wait for him like this with his daughter in public for long without attracting some attention.

As he got her moving again, he couldn't help but glance again at Serra'tae's over the top the suit armor and shake his head. 'Kids' he thought to himself 'What will they think of next'
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:18 am

((Holy shit. I almost forgot this existed.))

Serra'tae was humming to himself (blissfully unaware of the impending smack upside the head).

"I think that went well," he remarked quietly. "What do you think?" he asked the girl, keeping an eye out for interlopers even as he did so. "How do you feel, by the way?"

((Kail'odian, we could totes use a post!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:35 am

[[I didn't forget this thread, but was working for 6 days straight before today; and among other things, was just plain busy. *wutno* ]]

Tai'ka had seriously considered slapping Serra'tae right there on the display platform on the outside of the shop. Although she knew better than to give away everyone's cover by being that childish. Yet in almost two centuries of duty to the clan, she still mentally face palmed at the antics of young Kyorl Templars as far as their tactless tactics went.

Before she left the shop, the Inquisitor took a chain leash and dropped a few coin in its place as she finally departed with the rest of the purge squad before others of their kin or members from other clans, especially the Sullisin'rune, found out what they were doing there in the first place. Catching up to Garrus who still held the harmful grip onto the slave's arm, Tai'ka went and reattached her new length of chain to Vanessa's collar around her neck and held onto the grip very tightly as she wrapped the leash around her hand.

"You may let go of her arm now, I have her secured Garrus." Out of all of them, Tai'ka was the one who still acted the part, until at least they headed down a side street which had hardly anyone occupying it besides themselves. Her voice was less formal but her anger was evident, which was directed toward Serra'tae as she guided and kept Vanessa near her as they walked. "Serra'tae, you idiot!" She hissed in contempt. "What the hell were you thinking barging in like that, shouting *Into the Abyss!*? Have you lost your Sharess-Goddess-Damned mind?!"

She used her other hand to raise her blindfold up above her eyes for just a moment to make it clear to him she was angry. "I feel like taking the iron locked on her~" Meaning Vanessa, "And putting it on you!" Meaning Serra'tae. "So that whomever wants to can have a chance at beating some sense into you!" Shaking her head Tai'ka forced to calm herself and offered a small smile to Vanessa, in an apologetic tone even. "I apologize for the act my dear, but appearances must be kept for a little while longer. You will be with your father soon." Patting the blonde's shoulder reassuringly, Tai'ka pulled her blindfold back down and regained her stoic appearance as the group traveled into the direction of Aiva's apartment.

"If someone wants to hit him for me since I'm busy with the prisoner, please go ahead." The Inquisitor finally said, in a clipped tone.

With her empathy picking up the emotions of everyone in the group, most of it being annoyance, she really did hope someone did hit Serra'tae. Even it was just a shove or a slap.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am

(Glad your back.)

"Thank you." Garrus said with relief as Tai''ka relived him of holding her. He was glad he didn't have to hold her like that any more, she's been through enough.

With his duty holding the prisoner gone, he turned his full attention on Serra'tae and smacked him with a back hand that only a father could give, lucky for him he had his helmet on or that would have really hurt. "You put us in danger like that again, I'll beat you black!" He growled. Garrus did not take his warden protection lightly.

Garrus left him to join his warden on the way back.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15805&p=684467#p684467

(Shall we head back to the Apartment.)
Last edited by django on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Improbable odds » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:19 am

((Sorry. New job and approaching finals have once again encroached upon my average time I can allot to being online. Should lighten up after Thanksgiving, however.))

For the entire trip out and away from her prison Vanessa had remained almost entirely silent. The only noise she made was the occasional sound of her feet shuffling against the pavement or the very dim clank of metal on metal as she wrung her hands together and the bits of metal cuffs stuff around her wrists clashed. Still once she felt the strange group of would-be-heroes had taken her and gone a fair enough distance away she dared to open her mouth and speak again.

"I almost didn't believe it when you said you were taking me away," she reached into the sleeve of her clothing and retrieved the note she had been handed earlier. She only gave it a cursory glance to make sure it said what it said, after all it matter little now that the plan had gone off and she was free. Carefully she folded the paper back into the small square it had been handed to her in and tucked it back up her sleeve, tilting her head up to look at the woman whom currently was making sure she wouldn't be running off.

"I did not even think my father was alive. I assumed the brigands who took us had found him on the way and killed him, or that he had simply lost hope and moved on. Oh father, such a stubborn man sometimes. I hope he hasn't given any of you any trouble for all of this." for being a young girl it seemed that the roles tended to be reversed. Where Nathan had the practical experience Vanessa was the "well-read" scholar. Where Nathan was prone to leaping into problems head-on Vanessa seemed to keep her cool. She must have gotten it from her mother because aside from her eyes she didn't much look like her father either. Two opposites bound by blood, once separated by hundreds of miles now nearly reunited. Vanessa wouldn't have believed it herself had she not been the central figure of the whole ordeal.

"Thank you Lords and Ladies. I regret that I do not know your names to thank you personally, but know that you've done more for me and my father than ever could be expected or repaid. I'm sure he'll thank you when we see him next; that is, assuming he'll stop crying long enough to form some sort of coherent thank you." She smirked and picked up her pace just a tad to avoid falling behind the group as they went.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

django wrote:(Glad your back.)

"Thank you." Garrus said with relief as Tai''ka relived him of holding her. He was glad he didn't have to hold her like that any more, she's been through enough.

With his duty holding the prisoner gone, he turned his full attention on Serra'tae and smacked him with a back hand that only a father could give, lucky for him he had his helmet on or that would have really hurt. "You put us in danger like that again, I'll beat you black!" He growled. Garrus did not take his warden protection lightly.

Garrus left him to join his warden on the way back.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15805&p=684467#p684467

(Shall we head back to the Apartment.)

Serra'tae was keenly grateful for the armor he wore. That hit HURT.

"Right, I apologize, Lady Inquisitor, Sir," he said, shamefaced ((also visible through body language)) to Tai'ka and Garrus, "It will not happen again." Hopefully, at least. He wasn't exactly the best actor, after all, and the next time he was put in a situation such as this, he might screw up again. *sigh* Story of Serra'tae's life, really.

((On to the Apartment then))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive