Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Re: Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 am

Nyulan'liir's gaze flicked between Nin and Shamshayid. She was beginning to get the feeling that the two of them were... not the best of friends. Then she inclined her head to them respectfully, "I would be honored to join you, my ladies. The whole of the silk district is beholden to your clan, yes? It would be most... educational, I'm sure."
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Pariel » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:03 am

"Excellent." Shamsha spat in a deadpan tone, her stance not relaxed in the slightlest. Her eyes darted to Nin and then the Illhar'dro. Hopefully they'd leave her alone in her musings. She checked her scarf once more and set off to walk. Her eyes swayed towards a stall of plushies, made with leftover fabrics, although she quickly suppressed her desire to go and cuddle them. It would be highly improper to let her secret out, that the feared Shamshayid was fond of child's toys.

"What is your trade of choice, if I may ask, Illhar'dro?" She curtly dropped.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 am

"Golem-crafter -- I specialize in delicate work. Would you care to see, my lady?" She strokes her 'necklace', and Adikki springs to life, a delicate silver spider that hops into Ny's hand, which she then holds up for inspection.
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Postby django » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 am

"Oh my goddess, you made that!" Nins eyes sparkled as she looked at the little spider golem. "Nyulan'liir, I must have one of my own, I would gladly pay you for one."

She bent down to get a closer look at the little spider. It was simple, the way she liked it. Nin was sure she could get one in her own clan but she liked the Illhar'dro clan taste for arts and craft.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby KitAlda » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 am

As Nin was inspecting the tiny golem, another figure approached the group. This figure was clad in a black cloak, but green and white was visible underneath it, and the visible part of her hair was green too.

"Excuse me, ladies val Beldrobbaen.I was wondering if you, who I would assume knows this market better than I, could spare a moment to answer a question of mine?"

As she spoke, vividly gesturing with her arms, her cloak parted, and if there had been any doubt she was a Nal'Sarkoth, it could be abandoned now, as she bore the clan symbol on her dress.
KitAlda
Nether Spawn

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

"Oh, hi." Nin stood up as to what appears to be a Nal addressing them "Umm, I guess I could spare a moment. What seems to be the problem?" She didn't look like trouble or in trouble, so Nin wasn't too concerned.
(Short post)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:42 pm

"Fitting for a child's toy" Shamshayid said to the Illhar'dro as she lifted one of her eyebrows, her tone of hostility dropping for a bit. Artisans were to be respected to a degree. "You may go far if you persist in the trade." She added as another stranger walked up to them. The Beldrobbaen giantess emited a low, barely audible sigh as she slowly turned to the newcomer, who was already flashing her green hair and clan allegiance.

She rolled her eyes while she mentally wished she was at home. Socializing just wasn't her thing, and by the looks of it, the other beldrobbaen had addressed her back. Politics wasn't her strong card, so she let the other two explain herself as her gaze pierced the nal'sarkoth, her arms folded across her breastplate in a idle stance.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby KitAlda » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 pm

The Nal'Sarkoth made a slight shiver as the giant Beldrobbaen lady pierced her with her glance. But since the younger Beldrobbaen seemed more friendly, she still dared to answer.

"I need spidersilk cloth of a particular colour, but as it is not a common colour, I have brought with me dye. But I couldn't find a booth that would dye it for me, they seem only to sell ready dyed cloth. Would the ladies val happen to know where I could find what I am seeking?"
KitAlda
Nether Spawn

Postby django » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 pm

"hmm, that shouldn't be too hard. You just got to look for the right people." Nin said as she took the Nal by the arm gently. She noticed she looked a little intimidated by Shamshayid presence, which was fair enough just by looking at her tall stature and mean looks.

"I forgot to ask for your name Nal, my name is Nin and I don't mind if you call me just by that. I don't usually like using my Val title unless its helping friends finding what they need." She added with a wink.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby KitAlda » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 am

"And I apologise for not introducing myself. My name is Kitachri'alda, but you can call me Kit. It is very kind of you to help me."

Kit followed the Bel lady towards the numerous stands of the market.
KitAlda
Nether Spawn

Postby Pariel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 am

"The right people, as you say is far from being away" Shamsayid finally said, shifting her gaze to her fellow Beldrobbaen. Stretching her arms she flexed her gauntlets as she begun to walk away from the group. "I am actually tasked with preserving order here, plus the lady Illhar'dro was in need of a tour also."

She sighed. Really, this wasn't her thing, but that flirtatious upstart couldn't point to the right stand, even if she had been looking for jewelry. "If you do want the raw product, you've got to talk to the producers." She added, her hand indicating a sheepishly looking creature, half drow, half spider, who was processing the silk made from her own body.

It seemed that weaving was a profession most driders knew, Shamshayid thought, as she motioned the Nal'sarkoth and the Illhar'dro to come closer.

"This is one of the core stands, the spinners from the Hive. A lot of raw material comes from it." Shamsha added, her eyes rolling so slightly, as she noticided the slight twitched surprise of the drider, who, upon seeing her clan allegiance opted for a curtsy bow and remained silent.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby KitAlda » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Upon seeing that this stand had exactly what she needed, Kit thanked the Bel lady:

"This is indeed what I need, my thanks, lady val of Beldrobbaen."

She then turned towards the drider, and started bargaining for a length of raw cloth.
KitAlda
Nether Spawn

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 am

The air in the merchant district was buzzing with the noise of shoppers gathering around the spidersilk stands. Napheto Val'Beldrobbaen loved coming to this district and seeing the rare and new items available for purchase from the multitude of vendors. The young Val particularly enjoyed the spidersilk vendors; he loved to watch the Driders spin and weave their silks producing a plethora of useful cloths and clothing.

Napheto had his hood down letting his messy black and green hair show. Riding upon his shoulder was a spider-shaped Golem. The tiny arachnid seemed to patrol Napheto's shoulders as it shifted from one to the other on spindly legs.

Following a few feet behind the boy was his guardian, Lurl'ione Beldrobbaen, a quick-witted Drow that was eager to prove he could accomplish his new assignment: Tailing the slippery Val child that was notorious for escaping his attendants. Napheto's previous guardian, Tulsa'eed, was removed from the position because he lost track of the boy for nearly a full month when the young Val followed a group of Drowussu into a neighbouring hamlet of Chel'el'sussoloth (Napheto's caretaker, Nu'al, scolded him for as many days as he had been gone for that stunt and then proceeded to assign Lurl'ione to him).

~`~`~`~`~
Napheto stopped at a familiar stand and was addressed by the proprietor, another Beldrobbaen, whom asked, "Are you off on your own again, princeling," a hint of belligerence in her voice. The boy simply grinned and answered, "I will be in a moment". He checked behind him and saw that Lurl'ione was still watching him. "This will take some skill," the boy whispered as he focused his mana pulling at the shadows around the silk-stand.

The silk merchant mocked Napheto's confidence, "Looks like you've got Lurl'ione after you. He won't let you vanish so easily, boy". To which the child replied, "Tell him not to worry. I'll get back to him when I'm done", and with that he raised his shadow from the ground and wrapped it around the left side of the stand while he himself ducked under the counter and bolted to the right coming back out onto the walkway a few stands down. He turned in time to see the guardian hurrying to chase down the shadowy decoy. The boy was free to explore once again, and was confidant that Lurl'ione could talk his way out of trouble if he was caught trying to find Napheto.

The young Val wasn't venturing on his own for long before something caught his attention, and that something was the imposing form of Shamshayid Aleyrin Val'Beldrobbaen. Napheto had seen her a few times in passing around the great hall of Beldrobbaen. He also heard rumours of her having eaten a few males in her time. He wasn't sure that these rumours were true, but it was clear that she didn't like males as the few times he happened to catch her gaze she stared coldly as if looking through him like one would peer through a dirty, glass window.

Napheto couldn't resist a chance at seeing a famed man-eater in her natural state. He crept up beside her giving a short nod to the drider spinning silk whom in turn flashed him a glare that let him know the spinner wouldn't put up with any "childish pranks" that he might be planning. Napheto smiled nervously trying to convey his innocence to the lady drider as he caught the last of Shamshayid's words.

"...spinners from the Hive. A lot of raw material comes from it."

Napheto assumed she was giving the other three girls a tour and thought it would be a good opportunity to fall in with the group. Just then the spider golem on Napheto's shoulder did something the boy had not intended; The figurine bent it's reedy limbs and leapt onto the counter landing with an audible, "clak" as it's ligneous legs hit the surface. Then it lifted it's body and skittered between the four girls and bobbed up and down as if greeting them.

Napheto flushed a deep purple as he slowly realized what he had done.
Last edited by Zenzetra on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby django » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 am

"For a Bel, I guess I don't know my up and downs enough for the spider silk area." Nin gave a bit of a dumb struck look. She always did like shopping from one stall to another when she had money to spare.

It was just then Nin noticed a Bel Child who seemed to be alone, "Young man does your mother know your here?" she bent down a little. "Your a brave little man coming this close to Shamshayid without shaking like a baby rattle." she grinned.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:03 pm

((Can shadow sorcery animate things? I thought it was mainly illusions. o_O ))

Ny gracefully let herself and her little toy fade into the backgroud of the a proceedings as the Nal woman. She had just opened her mouth to chime back in on the subject of drider-silk, having been haggling with that same merchant not long before, when Napheto's wooden spider skitters between them. She can't suppress a musical little laugh, as she bends down to pick it up.

"Ah! What a little treasure!" she says, her own spider golem mimicking interest from its perch on her shoulder. "Is it yours, boy?"
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive