Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Postby Pariel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Deep in the entrails of Klar'borl market, there is a distinctive area that contrasts with the rest of the market with a certain eerie feeling. Because the spidersilk trade is incidently related to spiders, this cluster of stands appears grayish and forebording to the sights of people, where a slew of all kinds of creatures from all ways of life make beelines between stands.

The area itself is a paradox much like Chel is. A dark, certainly eerie place, with rather bizarre sightings somewhat, but that shines with the bustling sound of the rest of the market, perhaps even more as the traders make the extra effort to appear more welocoming than scary.

Here, it's not uncommon to find elusive Beldrobbaen vals checking on their goods, or on part of their trade interests, as well as the occasional drider who feels rather bold to sell knitted goods to the people. It is not uncommon to see other kinds of wealthy people, nor even the daring commoner who has to rely on the low-end goods of the market in order to satisfy their dressing needs.

Shamsha was walking around a raw spidersilk stand, her eyes darting from the post and a nearby crafting post that was catching her eye. In order to increase the safety feelings of those who were in good odds with the clan, there had been an exception and she had been told to check the market, if only to make the presence of her clan felt. Truth to be told, she could use to do some shopping too. You could only chew on spermbags for so much before losing the interest in the martial prowess of the clan for the time being.

She decided to go try the hands craft post, her towering figure spotting some kind of small, gray scarf of good making and quality. Her gauntleted fingers couldn't do much of an appraisal, so she rose the fabric to her cheek and rubbed it on. The merchant, one of those hateful males, shot a not-quite-compliant glare at her.

"How much?" The tall beldrobbaen woman said, a hint of hostility in her voice. She didn't like when males glared at her, but she couldn't punch a merchant she was supposed to oversee.

"Nine Half-ada." The merchant answered, his glare lessened due to the possibility of a sale.

"Hm." Shamsha pondered as she dug in her wallet producing the money. She gently wrapped the scarf and stored it away, walking again at a deliberatedly slow pace. She, despite her intimidating nature, cherished these moments of soothing peace among a world in turmoil.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Re: Chel'el'sussuloth: Spidersilk Stands (Public).

Postby django » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:34 am

It's been one long day today and Nin was trying to pass the time by. Maybe she shall get a new dress or some, she was not sure. Walking around one corner, she came across someone she didn't expect to find down here. Shamsha.

"Shamsha, how are you today?" Nin smiled a little and gave a short bow. "Doing some shopping?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:27 am

Shamsha slowly turned on her heels. Someone had called her. Unflinchingly she refrained from reaching her blade and instead focused her gaze. A Beldrobbaen woman, adressing her by her shortened name. She narrowed her eyes as she scanned the figure, taking note of every detail of her appearance.

It did not ring any clues.

"Do I know you, lady?" She simply said, folding her arms in an asking stance.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 am

"Oh, Forgive me. My name is Nin Cherrai Val Beldrobbaen." Nin said as she realized the last time she met Shamsha she was in her armor and It has been a while since we last time they met. It didn't help Nin had a habit of being a little forward with people sometimes.

"The last time we met, we were our patrol and our groups crossed paths. It was an uneventful meeting on a quite day and we exchanged notes, I would not be surprised that you would not remember it or me. But I remembered Shamsha, your as tall as they say." Nin was always curious about the myths about Shamsha were true. That she really ate males on a regular basis, lived in solitude in a dank cave and only came out when it was feeding time.

"Perhaps you would prefer that I call you by your name and rank?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:27 pm

"Cherrai...Cherrai." Shamshayid pondered, her armored hand in her chin. "I do not seem to remember such a name" Shamsha said, sizing the other female up and down. "Regardless, it is impolite to be so familiar all of a sudden, lady Cherrai. Only the ones i praise openly as acquaintances and friends have earned the right to call me that." She answered, her arms folded across her chest plate.

"Although you may walk alongside me. Two of us would make the clan's presence more noticeable in this area." She pondered.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:59 am

"Lady Shamshayid, please call me Nin and I think its an excellent idea to stick together." Nin smiled as she motioned to Shamshayid to come along. The markets looked nice and the stalls looked to be in a selling mood.

Normally Nin preferred not to shop alone but there was no one to go out with this time. "So what have you been shopping around here for Lady Shamshayid? find anything interesting if I may ask?" "I myself have been looking for some silver jewellery to go around my neck."

Silver wasn't worth much in the underworld but Nin had a taste for silver jewelry and today she dreamed of a nice chain neck lass with ruby studs.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:23 am

A lanky figure, all long leg and long swishing braid (even when she was not moving) and long embroidered (yet well-worn) coat, was engrossed in an animated and highly technical discussion about the tensile properties of undyed spidersilk with drider woman of her acquaintance -- one which ended with Nyulan'liir passing over a few ada for a length of plain gauze-weight silk and a sly admonishment from her merchant friend that Ny would soon need to replace that coat, to which the Illhar'dro replied cheerfully that the weaver's work would be wasted on someone clambering about war golems all day.

She turned away with a distracted wave -- and walked straight into Nin and Shamshayid.
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby django » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:30 pm

"I myself have been looking for some silver jewellery to go around my neck---." Nin thoughts were interrupted when somebody crashed into her.

Her first instincts were to go for her ada purse, feeling that nobody was trying to snatch it, she turned to the who ever it was that bumped into them. It was a Illhar'dro!? that was unexpected. "Watch where your going."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Shamshayid frowned, while trying to piece a reply. She didn't relish people younger than her getting awfully familiar with her, but she supposed that despite her past and her habits with males, females would often see her someone to aspire to. Such was the price of success, she thought.

She was barely halted, however, when a figure bumped with her. Due to the mass difference and armor the beldrobbaen she was wearing she would possibly receive the worst part. Maybe a thief. No, she certainly looked too well dressed and her hair was too awfully long to pass off as one, and surely there were more juicy targets in the market. Still, her conditioned reflexes had shifted gears, as her hand went back to the hilt of her greatsword, unsheathing it in a crude but deft movement.

Her gaze meet up with red eyes.

"You are invading my personal space, girl." She curtly said. "Bumping on me is not exactly wise, more so if you bear the mark of the demon-plagued."She added, as soon as she noticed the eyes. Her grip on her weapon tightened slightly.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 am

Indeed, Ny stumbled after colliding with the warrior's bulk, dropping her new purchase and knocking the veil which normally covered her red eyes askew.

Oh, hells. Nyulan'liir made the slightest of faces at Shamshayid's reference to her condition and bowed (a curtsy in breeches would be most inappropriate), one hand fisted over her heart. "My deepest apologies, lady Vals." For they were clearly Beldrobbaen, and all their nobles were Val. "Please forgive my clumsiness, I meant no offense."

She plucked her cloth from the dirt and straightened, fixing her veil so it once more obscured her... condition.
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 am

Shamshayid's stance seeemed to relax significantly. Not because of the apology, but because she had come to a conclusion she wasn't an imminent threat. Sheathing her sword, her eyes rolling so slightly as she sighed. "No offense taken." She said in a slightly condescending manner. "On second thought, there are far from slim chances of literally bumping in someone in a crowd." Her mood improved somewhat due to the flawless display of manners coming from the tainted girl.

"Illhar'dro, isn't it? Quite odd to find someone marred with the taint in your clan, but then again, these times are dark." She added, reminiscing what had trascended in her clan eight years ago. She then coughed. "Have you found crafts of your interest in this market?"

She wasn't particulary talkative today, but this was a good manner to distract her fellow clansmember, while at the same time skimming the reasons of such an odd sight. She had allowed her to go with her, but that didn't mean she wanted to be friends with her.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 am

"I spouse there was no harm done." Nin said to the Illhar'dro, see didn't seem to be missing anything. I was very usual to see a tainted Illho, perhaps shes a survivor of the Nid war or some other small conflict involving demons. Very dangerous stuff, Nin had no taste for it.

"Illhar'dro, you wouldn't happen to know were some silver jewlery is around do you?" she may be stereo typing but they are a merchant clan.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AddictedToTheKnife » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:59 am

Ny nodded. " You ladies are quite perceptive. My name is Nyulan'liir Illhar'dro, and I am marked by misfortune, not design." Eager for a change of subject, she answered Shamshayid. "Indeed, I find that the driders know their craft far better than drow spinners and weavers. They have yet to disappoint."

She turned to Nin. "Alas, I am lately of Val'Raveran, and so I do not know all the little secrets of Klar'bol yet. I do know where the jewelers frequent, though I cannot recommend any one in particular." Without thinking, she touched her own 'jewelry', a dormant spider-like golem splayed flat against her chest, for reassurance.
AddictedToTheKnife
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Shamshayid shot a small glare towards her fellow beldrobbaen clan, arms being folded as she tapped a foot. "Lady Cherrai, why in the bloody nethers would you even find jewelry on stands that are made to sell silk?" She then pinched her nosebridge, meditating for the briefest of seconds as she pondered.

"Normally I'd not do this, but I've yet to continue eyeing the situation, illhar'dro, so while I'm at it, I could explain the stalls if you wish, or lady cherrai can do it for me." She looked at the other Beldrobbaen, an eye closed. Hopefully she'd get the message and would try to stop prying in Shamshayid's life, which she didn't want to dwell any further.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 am

"You know... it didn't really notice, until you mentioned it. I guess one stall lead to another and here I am." She shrugged. It was becoming very apparent that Shamshayid was getting annoyed with something she did. "What can I say, I like looking around and shopping."

"Well Nyulan'liir, why don't you join us for some shopping? We could show you around while we talk about the stalls." Nin grinned as she waved her to come along. "You can call me Nin if you wish. I wont mind." she didn't always like being called by her title when it didn't really matter and it sometimes help when getting to know lower class citizens.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive