Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Serra'tae's Apartment

Serra'tae's Apartment

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm

((Assuming that the lack of response is waiting for me to make this thread))

Serra'tae looked grim. He was out of armor at the moment, wearing a simple tunic and pajama pants. He liked to keep it extra casual at home. In one hand was a mug of coffee* while the other held a bundle of blueprints for the store to the slaver they'd seen earlier that day. They had found Nathan's daughter, but her price was incredibly high. Apparently, some Sul and found an interest in her, which was unfortunate to say the least. So, they were going to steal the girl, one way or another.

Serra'tae had a bad feeling about this.

((Right, I hope I haven't jumped the gun or on anybody's toes))

*translated from the Chelian
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Serra'tae's Apartment

Postby django » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:11 am

Garrus wasn't so sure about the plan, he was a knight his Goddess serves not a theif. Sure it bothered him that somebody else was interested in Nathens girl and they couldn't buy her but... he didn't want to drag his clans name. Would he go so far a human? Slaves are bought and sold every day of the week. What made this one so different? Nathen wasn't there to protect her in the first place... He wasn't there to protect his little girl either.

Garrus also stripped down to his normal silk clothing and stacked the suit of armor in a corner. His mood was as sour as he could get. He still couldn't belive his rotten luck, Nathens daughter was standing right there with an extremely harsh price tag and out of reach.

Leaning against the wall, he tried calm himself down and focus.

(Note I didn't know we would be starting this again and I put Garrus with another group in Raven. I'll take him out of the other group when I have a chance)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 am

((Can't we jut say that the Goddess time warped you?))

Serra'tae shifted the blueprints to under his arm, then snagged a pair of glasses and a bottle of Chelian Ice Brandy (guaranteed to send shivers down your spine, our your ada back!). He put the glasses and his coffee on the table, then poured two glasses of brandy. He dumped one into his coffee, then turned and offered the other to Garrus.

"Here. A shitty situation, to be sure, and some alcohol always did make everything less brown."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Improbable odds » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:09 am

Nathan was distraught. Well in all fairness he had been distraught since he had found out all of this had happened. He had been distraught as he hurried with all the speed he could afford to come to Raveran to try and find the trail his daughter's captors had left behind. This had not been a good time for the poor Halme and now things had gotten even worse. Separated from the others Nathan occupied himself by sitting in an off corner with his hands folded over his face, apparently deep in thought as he tried to process everything that had already happened and that would invariably happen in the coming days.

There were thoughts of why his daughter was valued as much as she was. This was perhaps the easiest to comprehend and it even gave Nathan a small taste of pride as he though about how he had tried to raise his child. To begin she was healthy, she ate as well as one could expect a young girl to eat and she had never been seriously ill or injured. Most other humans taken from larger settlements had already been weakened by some form or illness or injury by such a time in their lives(had they even survived at all), Vanessa was not such a case. Another good point to take into consideration was that even for such a young girl Nathan and her mother had already given them a basic overview of self defense and combat. She was fully capable of using a sword or a knife and she excelled at archery provided she had a bow fit for her size. This meant that she could serve as an excellent bodyguard for a young Drow child, as nobody ever really expected the Halme to whip out a knife or a crossbow and cut down a would be attacker with impunity. She was educated as well, speaking with just as much if not more fluidity than her father did. She had, after all, learned to speak another language right as he did and she was far brighter than he was by nature of just her intelligence alone. This meant she didn't have to be trained to learn orders or commands and that she could even respond back when spoken to. It might save a small fortune on costs if someone was willing to train a high class servant for their child. Among other things she also already knew how to cook, clean, sew and do various other chores. She seemed like an endless fount of talents, especially for a young girl fresh from the surface, so it wasn't surprising that she had been priced so highly. The talent that often caught people's attention however was her voice. She was a marvelous singer, a talent she had more than likely inherited from her mother when she was born. It was just one of the young girl's hobbies to sing when she did her daily chores but for all the traveling he had done Nathan had never met another person with a voice quite as distinctive as his own daughter's. He almost regretted that he had raised such a fine young woman, but pride seemed to outweigh his feelings of guilt on the subject.

Then there was the entire of idea of breaking the law to get her out. While Nathan was committed to seeing her to safety he wasn't terribly keen on the idea of having to break her out of captivity in some sort of daring covert raid. He had hoped to resolve things peacefully and as quietly as he could, yet here he sat as the others planned a break in to try and steal her freedom back. He didn't want to be at odds with the inhabitants of this city even if he didn't agree with their general outlook on humanity, that would only make things harder in the long run for himself, his daughter and even the other human's that inhabited this city if this little fiasco went badly. He already had enough on his conscience and he certainly didn't want the knowledge that his selfish rescue of his daughter had cost others their livelihoods because he had to go and break into a shop and possibly kill the guards. However he wasn't going to sit by while his daughter was well within arms reach. How could he?

No, he wasn't going to let something terrible happen to her again. He was going to get her out of there and find a way to keep her safe, though the first part of the plan had to come together before he could try to put the rest of the pieces into motion. He already had an idea, though it seemed farfetched and he would need to try and look into contacting an old friend. That was for later, however, now he needed to focus on getting her back. Lowering his hands to his knees he would push himself upright until he was standing before making his way to where the others were gathered around a map of the building they needed to get into. Reaching into his belt he withdrew the knife that he had always kept there, a broad bladed iron number with a wooden handle, setting it down atop one corner of the map as he leaned in to speak.

"Now if we're going to do this I'm going to need a blade. This knife ain't going to cut it and my old sword is broken beyond any reasonable repair. The space is too confined for me to use my bow and I ain't going in there without some sort of personal protection. Besides I can't expect to keep my daughter safe once we get her out if all I have to do it with is a skinning tool and my bare hands." and with that he traced a finger along one wall marked on the map, studying the blueprints as well as he could. He had to be prepared; they only had one shot at this.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 am

Serra'tae handed Nathan a glass of brandy as well ((assuming that Garrus already accepted or rejected his alcohol)).

"Well, I can probably 'requisition' a spare blade from the armory. Just say that someone broke theirs or something." Serra'tae said. "Though, now that I think of it, it's entirely possible we could ALLOW your daughter to be sold, then find a way to shimmy into the Sul's graces and allow you to see your daughter regularly. Sullisin'rune have a reputation of treating their slaves fairly well, so she wouldn't be TOO badly off...." he continued quietly, unaware that he was thinking out loud. He trailed off, mumbling about something involving a Sul Val, a chamber pot, and a slave getting promoted.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Reva wrote:[I'm so sorry, Kail'odian, I really didn't know where to go next in this scene and kind of forgot about it after a while :L]

[[Don't worry about it Reva, I figured thats what might have happened. That's why I did the bump to the thread. :3]]

The Inquisitor was also in the apartment, but not close enough to the blueprints Serra'tae had brought out to see the actual fine details of the shop they were intending to visit again later. Tai'ka was sitting down with her boots off taking turns in rubbing her feet. Having just gotten into Val'Raveran an hour earlier before even meeting these boys and then the search for the halme girl afterward, her feet were starting to hurt and it was why she was sitting on a chair a little more away from the primary focus on the coffee table.

She knew just from her empathy of how the men were unsure of everything right now, especially Nathan with how distraught he was. And it was totally understandable for what they were all planning to do. While this slave did not necessary have any great bearing on her, Tai'ka said she would help out this halme about finding and helping with his daughter as she was a woman of her word, and Tai'ka intended to keep that word.

"Well, I know of a way to possibly get in and out. Definitely in anyway." She said as she continually looked at and rubbed her right foot which she had brought up to her lap. "Our story can be we had a report of a tainted in the area, and while all were thought to have been killed or left the city, it's still a report that we as Kyorl'solenurn's have to check out. In full battle-readiness of course. We cannot go in casual about this, it has to appear to be the real deal. With the area affected being the slaver's shop and just around that shop's perimeter including the slave pens. If the Sullisirune shows up before we can move in and makes a fuss as to detecting no tainted, we'll just correct and stop them as they are not trained to detect tainted like we, or more specifically, like I can."

Tai'ka paused with a small smile and rested an arm on her knee as she listened to Serra'tae's resourcefulness about weapons, although right after she frown and then pointed a finger for a couple seconds at the young male about his sensitivity, or lack of it.

"Templar, you need to work on keeping those thoughts inside with the company you keep right now. A little conversion would probably do you some good about not thinking out loud." She said, scolding the young Templar a bit because of what he just said; in front of Nathan no less! "We are trying to save her from a life of a sex slave if that Sullisirune gets a hold of his daughter, not judge on what a life she could have in servitude to a slutty drow."

To say the Inquisitor did not appreciate Serra'tae's words might have been an understatement.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:04 pm

"And that's the second reason why I don't have a Warden," sighed Serra'tae. "Sorry Nathan, Lady Inquisitor. As you can see, I suffer from diarrhea of the mouth. One can only hope it doesn't turn up at the worst of times. I apologize for my lack of discretion." He gulped from his cofrandy. "As to the plan, we would have to find a way to make sure our own clansmen don't intrude. That would... end badly, to say the least. We'd have to do the heist between patrols. Does anybody remember when the slaver said that the Sul would come to pick up her purchase?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Aiva'ihl listened the discussion quietly from a corner. Their mission certainly wasn't going as well as expected and she was starting to feel a bit aprehensive. This could go wrong in dozens of ways, specially if the Sullissin was a Val or empath. Not to speak of the robbery in itself, which would certainly piss off any Illhar'dro guards in the area, if not their own clan. She didn't question the morality of the act, she disliked the thought of slavery, much more child slavery, as a default, but this was a bomb that could explode right on their faces. She sent a silent prayer to the Goddess for protection as she readied herself to jump in the most insane thing she ever planned to do. Aiva then heard Serra'tae's comment about wardens:

- Hey, I take offense on that! - Aiva'ihl said, trying to lighten the mood a bit - You will see, once you get one you won't be able to live without us.

- Lady Tai'ka's plan is probably the best we can afford, without having to enter the Sulissin fortress or getting into a fight. But we must be carefull with Nathan, no one expects a Halme in the middle of a purge squad. Maybe it would be better for you to hide among the crowd and wait for the commotion.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Garrus couldn't help but to sigh a little to himself as Serra'tae said some very inappropriate things about Nathens daughter and to himself. He worries about Tae sometimes, maybe hes in the wrong business.

Tai'ka plan on getting the group made scene, it was only a month or so that Raven was pruged of most of their tainted. But how would they walk out with the human slave? Few would deny A pruge squad but would they let that slid. "How are we going to get her out once we get in?" Garrus turned to Tai'ka "Demons don't take to humans. But what if our Inquisitor scenes the human is hiding something and need to be taken in interrogation."

"We should keep our faces covered. The Slavers will recognize my face and Serra'Tae's but he might report this action to the clan and recognize our faces." He didn't think he needed to say it outload for he was sure Tai'ka new she needed to dress in more traditional Inquisitor clothing.

“You will see, once you get one you won't be able to live without us” “Ah my Aivahl, what wouldn't I have without you... someone to kiss me good night, cuddle with me to sleep and not give me beats...” Garrus said as he hugged himself and smiling.

“..Oh wait that was Aggie. Your the one that beats me into my place and complains about my existence to my Mom.” he lied, teased and grinned all at once. She never gave him beats or complained to his Mom.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Improbable odds » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Nathan spent a good deal of time silent after everyone had spoken their piece about how they believed they could accomplish this mission. He heard them speak of his daughter in a manner even he thought was fairly crude though he gave them the benefit of the doubt when it came to such trivial things. After all he had apologized and these were the only people willing to help him try something so stupid, so he could ill afford to alienate them because someone let slip a comment they probably should have avoided saying. All the while however his eyes traced the outline of the shop, looking for any area which he could exploit. It took him awhile but he had come up with what he believed would be the plan everyone would agree upon.

"Very well. Your idea sounds like it will more then likely work, however I know that I cannot simply walk in with you all in broad dayl-...darkne-...I can't come with you guys, we have established this. Looking at this map you have here the only other entrance is in the back where they move the new slaves in and out from and that is more than likely going to be the most heavily guarded area. What I propose you do is that all of you go through the front and proclaim you're looking for...whatever it is you all usually look for, tell them that they should assemble all of their guards and men so you can keep an eye on them. In the meantime I will sneak around the back and try to make my way inside as quietly as possible. If everything goes well then while you keep them busy I'll have enough time to get Vanessa to safety and nobody has to get hurt. If not then you'll have all their men in one place and I'll have probably dealt with any guards they may have left behind to watch the back." he paused as he traced his finger around the center of the shop and tapped the center area with his finger.

"With any luck the buyer won't be there with his guards and we'll only have to deal with the shop and its employees. If not then I know you're all more than capable of taking on some sellswords. I'm probably not the best halme to ever use a blade but believe me when I say I'm probably one of the best and moving unheard and unseen, you needn't worry about me getting caught." he paused again. "Hopefully."

"I know we all would like this to end with as little bloodshed as possible, and I share that feeling. I would rather not have to deal with any more loss of life than I already have for the time being and I know you're all risking much to help me out here. This is your plan, though this is my suggestion for it. I will follow your lead so please do not feel pressured to accept what I have proposed."
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Serra'tae grimaced, something just occurring to him.

"What are we going to do AFTER? One doesn't just shout 'NETHER GATE'. If we investigate something that the main garrison hasn't heard of, they'll get curious and come check it out. We could say that we took care of it, but a deplorable lack of dead, demonized bodies would incur an investigation, our identities would be found out, and we'd be banished from the clan. Wouldn't it be better to work together to sneak in through the back? If Nathan secures his daughter while we provide support, I think we could make it out without being caught. And if we can manage to do this after the guards and slaver leave for the day then not get caught, so much the better."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:20 pm

Tai'ka was silent for a while listening to everyone speak after she scolded Serra'tae for his thinking out loud bit. Rubbing her feet allowed her to think a little clearer and she let slip a little moan of relief once she switched legs and started rubbing her other foot. While she smiled to receiving support for her initial idea, it was still only just one idea. The Inquisitor had no qualms about modifying the plan to suit whatever everyone needed to do.

"Well, the best thing to do is keep things simple. The more factors we try to add or pull off, the more complicated things will get." Tai'ka stated, looking up at everyone at least once as she looked around the room. "And the simplest way to do the overall task," She continued, careful not to use the word -mission- instead of task, "Is to get in, get Vanessa, and get out with a minimal of interaction to our adversaries in this situation. The prospect of perhaps the halme is hiding something is worth exploring, although to go along with that.. "

Tai'ka trailed off for a moment, not sure if the others would go along with her next suggestion to the plan. "Okay, when we find the girl we want in the slave quarters, I could cleanse the guards just long enough to literally look the other way and to prevent anyone else from entering. But it cannot be too long or it will look suspicious. And I agree with the disguise part as well; I do not want to be recognized so I'm going to have to borrow someone's most generic whites and black trimmed robes or something similar to blend in as a local Inquisitor."

She rubbed her other foot slower for a moment, looking at the blueprints again. "If we say we heard a tip that one of those stock may have a lead to a tainted, that would get us inside those back rooms where they are kept. After we get in, then I would do the brainwashing. Again, its just an idea."
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:29 pm

"....as blasphemous as it may sound, we COULD find some Sarghress Armor. I'm sure that we could intimidate someone enough to get a few sets. Then we could just blast are way in and not care."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Aiva'ihl frowned at Garrus, red face reddening a bit, as usual. Sometimes she wondered how much he missed "his" Aggie or if he had the habit of comparing them both. He had a girl with the woman, so she knew they were quite more... Intimate, so to speak. It made her a bit uncomfortable sometimes, to be honest. Aiva didn't kept mentioning how Orum'ain was much more serious and respectful. So, the solution was obviously bug Garrus into place:

- You've got to be the most spoiled templar in existence. No doubt they assigned you to me because they feared for your life in case they threw your poor, helpless little self at the other big mean wardens out here. - She said the last part in a fake high pitch, joining her hands and batting her eyelashes as if to make a bizarre impersonation of a templar damsel in distress.

Then she remembered they weren't alone in the room, and her face went from rosy from deep red in a second. Aiva'ihl cleared her throat, deciding to concentrate on the matter at hand before further embarassment.

- I believe I have some spare clothing that you could borrow. Nothing fancy, but with some improvising it might pass for a perfect fit. - She measured Tai'ka with her eyes. Thankfully, the Inquisitor was also taller than average, otherwise she would disappear inside her dresses and Garrus would make some cheap joke about being fat and too much chocolate. Hmm, chocolate... No, don't go that way!

- It's highly unlikely we could raid the Highland Raiders' armoury and remain unseen. It's their only division that has a outpost in Val'Raveran. Plus, not really looking foward to start a interclan polemic.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 pm

At first Garrus grinned at Aiva after giving her one of his Warden bugs, it slowly turned into one of confusion after she battered her eye lashs and made the impersonation of a damsel in distress. That was a new one, "Uh, you got a point. I could be stuck with someone crazy." She wins this one but looking at her face go from rosy to deep red as she propaly noticed they were weren't alone as they teased each other. So Garrus didn't lose either in his eyes.

A thought came from his concince. Perhaps he went a little too far with her on that one. Something told him he shouldn't compare her to Aggie, even if he ment it only as a joke. She might have taken it the wrong way like some woman do. She never compaired him to her other Templars; not even the bad one.

"Lets not drag the Sarghress into this. I say we go with the plan that we search the premise for tainted and 'Halm spies' that needed to be taken in for questioning." He couldn't help but notice how Tai'ka rubbed her feet. Garrus leaned over to her "Begging your pardon Tai'ka but I couldn't help but notice you rubbing your feet. Would you mind if I asked if you would if you would like a foot rub before we head out?" He didn't know how say it without sounding like a perv but he was told he was good with rubs.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive