Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

A long voyage home. (Privet)

Re: A long voyage home. (Privet)

Postby Zenzetra » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:29 am

Uuera'unkara pushed the wind with all her might, her limited control of the mana arts made it difficult but through sheer willpower she managed to move a great deal of air directly into the Huthgar ship. It seemed she had done so in the nick of time too as the storm picked up around the two ships and greatly hampered her concentration for further wind manipulation of that magnitude (not that it mattered with the great gales that were lifting the very ocean onto the ship).

Mae and some of the shiphands made their way below deck. Uuera thought this would be an opportune time for the supposed pirates to strike and so after righting herself against the shaking current she found a suitable spot in the center of the ship to await any further inclement activity from the opposing ship.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 am

Vithar clutched the railing as she ship nearly turned on its side, his feet slipping on the wet deck as he tried to right himself. As soon as the ship rolled more or less to a horizontal position, he made a break for below-decks. Drowning was no way to die. He passed Uuera, apparently content to wait out the storm and for the Huthgar to attempt boarding.

"Are you mad? Those pirates won't be boarding the ship in this storm! Get below decks, this is no place to be standing out here in full armor!" he yelled over the storm as he braced his feet and gripped a rope around one of the masts. There was no way the pirates would be able to get close enough to their ship without risking a crash, nor would they be able to board in this rough storm. Vithar looked over to where Mae was, watching out from the stairs leading below decks. Goddesses willing he and Uuera could make it over to Mae without being swept overboard by a large wave.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 am

Uuera'unkara thought upon Vithar's words and nodded while calling over the howling winds, "I suppose you're right; I give them far too much credit. Were it me on that ship I would take this opportunity to raid". She lifted her crescent-axe up and pulled at the wind as she threw the axe across the ship. The air encircled the axe reducing it's drag as it flew through the air and picked up frightening speed.

The axe-head stuck in the deck of the ship deep enough to become lodged there, it was at the mid-point between the two raiders and the door. Uuera called out, "Use it to get to the door, Captain!"
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Pariel, in the meantime, had rushed down the deck, getting a hold of a solid-looking part of the ship's hull to avoid being rolled like a bouncing ball. He saw that the sarghress girl had not gone down the deck yet. Rolling his eyes, he muttered something about brain rot epidemy among the wolves.

"I dunno about sharess, lady, but I don't think staying on deck will be good for your teammates." Thinking quickly, he begun to strip the upper half of his clothes, getting as little weight as possible on his own, and wrapping a rope around his waist.

"I'm going to get them back down. Hold this, lady and tie it somewhere solid." He said as he trusted the end of the rope to the remaining sarghress. Breathing deep and mentalizing he was going to be neck-naked in the middle of a storm, he begun to hop towards above deck, in which he witnessed a most peculiar scene.

Sighing yet again he shouted on top of his lungs. "OI! If you're done playing with the axes in the middle of a storm, I've got a rope to get below deck!" He added, pointing to his waist as he stumbled in the unstable footing of the ship.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby django » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:47 pm

She Managed to stay on her feet and not fall down, as she struggled down the ladder. She looked at Pariel with a 'what the hell' are you doing look, it's a bad time to change clothing.

Taking the rope from Pariel Mae looked up at him, "Your a crazy bastard but I shall see what I can do." She was more then a little surprised to see Pariel would go out of his way to help them, especially in this weather. As the boat rocked, Mae braced herself along the wall, while trying to find a solid looking pillar.

Finding the right Pillar she was looking for, she tied the rope around it and knotted it as quickly as she could, their lives were depending on it and she would not let them down. Suddenly there was a titanic groan of wood bending and breaking outside.

Somewhere in the darkness, the Huthgar ship was smashed and swallowed by the sea.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Alric » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 am

Vithar snapped his head in the direction where the sound of cracking wood was heard. Apparently the Huthgar vessel was faring even worse in the storm than he had supposed. That was one problem dealt with, at least. Now for the other.

"Get over here kid!" he called out to Pariel. Recovering the axe would make a good mid-point for the trip back. Gods willing it wouldn't be that much farther. Vithar held on to the rope about the mast. It wasn't far to the door, and the axe might be able to hold his weight enough for him to pull it out and hand it back to Uuera. After a second of thought, Vithar decided that he'd leave the axe for Uuera, as he didn't want to risk loosening it by using it as a handhold for himself. Vithar tapped Uuera on the shoulder to get her attention. "Don't forget that axe. It's a real beaut," he advised.

To Hell with it... If they stayed out here in this storm they'd risk being swept overboard by a large wave no matter if they clung to the mast. "I'm going to make a break for it. Might as well not wait for the rain and waves to drown me." The male Raider waited until the boat was more or less level before he broke from the mast and sprinted to the door, reaching for Pariel's rope.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm

The Huthgar vessel crumbled into the sea and VIthar made a dash for Pariel and as if on cue Uuera followed after him. Vithar was faster on his feet (not being weighed down by heavy armour) and passed off the crescent axe to shoot for Pariel's hand. Uuera'unkara staggered as the waves pushed the boat around, she threw herself across the deck and grasped the handle of her axe finding it lodged tightly into the wooden planks. "I hope the Captain of this vessel doesn't mind a little nick in his deck," She thought to herself.

She lifted herself onto her knees holding onto the axe-handle firmly and glanced over to where Pariel and Vithar were attempting a rendezvous. She could hold out against the storm for a moment or two while she silently willed her captain along his path.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 am

After hours of the ship getting tossed and turned, the ship was countless leagues off course. Many seasoned crew members were lost to sea but the ship stayed afloat. It was the worst this crew has ever seen.

There were shouts and screams on the deck, as two large form suddenly appeared out of the darkness and in front of the ship. The ship crashed in between them boat, causing the boat to shake violently. Down below the hall split and water flooded the bottom.

Wedging herself between two large rocks formations, the ship was stuck and stayed that way for the remainder of the storm.

Mae didn't know how much time has passed or remember too well when exactly she past out from exhaustion but one thing was for certain. She was alive.

Struggling to get up, her body ached from all the tossing and crashing she took. It was dark and her eye adjusted but she felt something beside her... Uuera'unkara. "Uuera..." Mae said as she gently nudged her large friend "Uuera'unkara, your not dead are you? Please say for the love of god say something."

Some where outside she could hear the sound of seagulls cawing. She then remembered somebody told her that meant land was near.... LAND!

The ship was marooned on giant rock cropping but still a good mile away from the coats line. There were no signs of the crew of the ship.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:13 pm

"Well shit." said the young drowolath, still drying his clothes and nursing his bruises. No sooner he had caught the arm of the other two sarghress, he had staggered back in the deck, only to be rocked in the subsequent attempts to dry himself off. And then it crashed, water spilling everywhere. He cursed inwardly. This wasn't looking good at the very least.

Since he didn't have anything more than his padded leather suit, he had found himself swimming towards the shore as if on a cue, when the rest of the crew had gone. Looking back at the ship he rolled his eyes. The other drowolath were inside. Although they would be fine, as the ship had not been full of water, and the armor surely would've protected them from the jolts. Grabbing some leftover wood junk, he begun to concentrate as he clashed his flint against his metal blade, trying to find enough sparks to fuel his sorcery.

Shivering, he managed to lit some fire on the beach, wondering how much it'd take for the raiders to come over...
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Uuera Glanced up seeing the clear blue sky and many flocks of birds overhead. "That's strange... How did I get here," She asked aloud, "The last thing I remember I was holding against a storm on the high seas". She looked down at her palms and noticed she wasn't wearing her armour but instead she donned a flowing sundress. Her vision went blurry and she blinked her eyes open to see she was on the ship with Mae huddled over her.

"Uuera'unkara, you're not dead are you? Please say for the love of god say something." She looked back into Mae's eyes that were full of worry and answered, "I would look rather nice in a dress". Then she snapped back into reality and sat up immediately noticing her azure armour was once again on her. She looked around for her crescent axe and then recalled having trouble pulling it out of the deck where she left it for safety's sake.

"Mae... we survived the storm," Uuera reasoned while putting a hand to her purple forehead gem noticing she had a slight headache, "Ugh... Are the others all right; where is our captain?"
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Alric » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:38 am

Vithar bounded over the deck towards Pariel, only to lose his footing as the ship unexpectedly lurched back as it crested a high wave. The Highland Raider tumbled down the stairs leading down into the ship, cracking the wood as he smashed into the steps before coming to a crashing stop at the bottom head first. Vithar scarcely had time to rise from his stupor before the ship shuddered once more before coming to a stop.

Some time later, Vithar got to his feet, leaning on his sword slightly as he did so. He didn't know if he had passed out, nor how much time had elapsed since he had struck his head. Wait a second...the ship wasn't quite level. Had they run aground? Vithar looked up past the stairs into the sky above. It appeared to be early morning or the evening, from the color of the sky. He could hear seagulls too...they didn't travel far from land. Where were they?

"Mae? Uuen'kara?" he asked as he heard the sound of movement within the ship. They weren't far away. The Am'saag quickly followed the sound of their voices, pushing open the door of the room they were in. "Where's Pariel?" he asked as he offered a hand to help them up.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:15 pm

"...I guess you would look good in a dress." She said as she raised an eye brow at her strange friend. Suddenly, they heard Vithars voice coming from down from the hall. "Where down here Commander, Were alright!" Mae shouted back, relieved to hear his voice.

The Commander opened the door to the dark room and helped them up. Mae took Vithars offer and stood up, she realized she lost her spear during the storm. It wasn't the end of the world for her, she still had her mace and sword on belt. "Pariel? oh the male, I don't know sir. Its only the two of us in here."

Opening the only window in the room, Mae gasped and stood there in disbelief as light filled the room. The ship was stuck against a rock and the land in front of them was green and spanned far in both directions.

The crew that survived the storm abandoned the ship, they ransacked the captains quarters and took what they could carry and left everything else behind. The only human that remained was the bloated corpse floating in the bay, being feasted on birds.

The coast was sandy and rocky but there were clear signs of a group traveling deeper into the woods.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Uuera'unkara took Vithar's hand and lifted herself up to her feet while adding, "Thank you, captain". Mae opened the window and sunlight set the room ablaze causing Uuera to flinch and squint. She shielded her eyes to peek outside seeing the crag that cradled the boat on it's shore.

"So; we've run aground... I suppose worse things have happened to us in the past. I'm going to retrieve my axe."

The azure wolf climbed the bent and cracking stairs and leaned against the extreme tilt of the boat. Reaching the deck brought her to a steep hill made of treated lumber and stuck in the middle of that hill was her favored crescent axe, the pole-handle reaching upward toward the open sky.

Uuera climbed onto the wall facing the deck and braced her foot against it. Then, with a strong thrust from her thighs and calves she bolted up the incline of the deck and grasped the axe where the shaft met the head. She hung there for a moment realizing the axe was still stuck fast while she looked back down toward the door she came through for a safe place to land.

This would take some careful planning.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Pariel » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:35 pm

"Well, looks like they got out of the ship." Pariel adjusted and focused, as he watched the recently catched crabs shoved on a stick, squirm to not get roasted in the open fire. "I guess It was worth waiting, after all." He said, while remembering how the others had marched on, trying to get away as far as from the armored black devils as possible.

A bright, dancing glob of light was shot forwards, vanishing a few meters away. A simple light trick even a commoner could do, but that would double as mana flare. That would get their attention.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby Alric » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Vithar walked over to the window that Mae opened and looked out. The island, if that's where they were, appeared to be covered in dense vegetation. Perhaps there was a port nearby? There was no sign of Pariel or the crew save for a path of trampled grass leading inward from the coast.

The Highland Raider looked down at the dead man floating in the water. "They must have left in a hurry if they left him down there," he said as he took a look around the room. The place had been stripped bare of any items of use.

Uuera'unkara left to retrieve her axe, sprinting up the tilted deck. She grasped the haft of the weapon, only to find that it was still stuck in the deck. Vithar climbed up the stairs, taking a rope from his pack and tying it into a lasso. "Hook this to the axe and climb down," he said. The two of them could pull the axe down later.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive