Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val Raven, Shopping for an Emberi

Val Raven, Shopping for an Emberi

Postby django » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Near the market place, an uncommon pair walk down the street. A Kyorl Templar named Gaul and a Olath name Poni Dendel are on a mission, to find a Lotuse flower somewhere under the surface.

"Curse our ancestors for leaving the surface." Gaul muttered as he walked besides Poni. The Streets were as busy as they get at this time of the day, people were coming and going from the market place. Gaul had to admit he felt a little tired; more so since they left the white lion. But he pushed on, he was used to sleep less nights and long days so this didn't bothered him.

"I cant remember where the Ardeg'st Surface Company is but it must be along the city if it has a permanent building."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Val Raven, Shopping for an Emberi

Postby Bamawing » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 am

"It's about another quarter of a mile ((they don't really have a standard distance measurement, do they?)) off to the right. Green awning. They look like Nals, but I don't think there's an association."

Sure enough, a green awning marked a tan tent that sheltered two men and a woman. One of the men sat resting his cheek on his hand, obviously bored out of his mind. The other man bustled around, trying to look busy. The woman surveyed the scene calmly. She was the first to notice Pon'i and Gaul. "Hello! Welcome to Ardeg'st Surface Company. What can I get you?" The bored man started up, and nervously started rearranging some of the wares. The woman noticed this and suppressed a giggle.

Pon'i went up to the busy man. "Aver?"

"Pon'i! How did you know I wanted to see you?"

"I'm just that good," Pon'i replied. "Need me to take a note to Toem'i?"

"Please? I'll have to get it - it's at home."

"No problem," Pon'i replied. "I'll be back later for it."

The woman, meanwhile, was paying more attention to Gaul. She was dressed conservatively, but this didn't stop her from making a vague, suggestive wiggle. "Anything I can get for you, handsome? We've got some fantastic wooden carvings... or some pretty-smelling surface potpourri? We can put a wooden grip on your weapon, too... Honor the goddess by fighting for her with surface wood?" She batted her eyelashes and laughed. "Or I could drop the silly act and leave you alone." She was smiling. "We have tea, too."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 pm

"No my lady, I see no reason to drop any silly acts from a pretty Olath from yourself." Gaul smiled back to her. The woman couldn't help but blush a little by his natural charm.

"My friend and I are looking for something thou. I was wondering if you happen to have any lotus flowers here?"

"Lotus flowers, hmmm." She crossed her arms and thought for a moment, "We don't usually keep them on hand unless they are ordered ahead of time... why do you need one for a pretty lady." she grinned. "I think we might have some around here."

"Its not what you think, I need in flower form or if its possible powerder form." Gaul didn't want to mention it was for Idoh. He didn't think she would really care he needed it for medicine.

"I'll be back handsome, don't go anywhere." She winked at Gaul as he watched her leave the tent. Now for the moment for truth he guessed.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Pon'i caught the woman's flirting and smiled. "Hey Aver, who's your boss?"

"That's Oeru. She's Chelean, says moved here to be closer to the surface and adventures. She's really a very good manager. Does a great job for when Elle's not here. What are you two looking for?"

"Purple lotus. I don't know if it needs to be fresh or if some sort of powder will do."

Aver pursed his lips. "We've got some surface flowers under glass over here, but I'm not sure if a lotus is in there or not." He led Pon'i to a shelf covered with glass spheres. each contained a small, preserved surface flower and were the exorbitant fee of an ada apiece. "They're hard to transport," Aver confided. "Very heavy."

"Well," said Pon'i, "if Oeru comes back without what we need, I guess there's a possibility here. Hey Gaul, are you familiar with surface flowers? I know this is a rose -" he pointed to a multi-pedaled flower - "but I don't know what this is." He pointed to a tiger lily.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 pm

"Hey Gaul, are you familiar with surface flowers? I know this is a rose -" Poni pointed to a multi-pedaled flower - "but I don't know what this is."

Gaul turned and walked over to Poni as he called him over. "I'm not an expert but I have spent a few years on the surface with a woman who knew how to garden. Lets see if I learned anything." Her name was Sais she gardened alot on the surface, it was the only thing she couldn't do down here she said.

"That's a Tiger lily." At least he remembered that one at least. he scanning the rest not seeing what they need until "That one's a lotus." He pointed to the purple flower hiding behind a large daffodil.

It was shortly after Oeru came back with a small jar of dried pedels. "I could not find any fresh lotus flowers in the back but I do have some dried purple lotus you have mentioned. The jar will be two ada." She smiled as she walked over the Gaul and Poni. Giving the jar a look and it looked like lotus to him. "We also have many other dried lotus colors if your interested." she winked.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Pon'i smiled. "Here's the deal. Oeru , was it?" She regarded him with a businesslike smirk. "I need these for a business associate. I think the powder will be fine, but she didn't specify. Can I buy these, and if they aren't right, can I bring them back for a refund? I'll be coming back anyway."

"No way, pal," she said, softening the rejection with a smile. "Can't do business that way, you know?"

"Please? I'm a longterm customer. Aver'll vouch for me. So will Urn'kimi, if she happens in."

"You know Urn'kimi?" Oeru was skeptical.

Aver nervously bowed to Oeru. He was a tiny man, short even by commoner standards. "Boss, this is Pon'i Dendal. He delivers messages for us to the surface. Makes record time, too."

"Like the mushrooms?"

"Yes. I'm a courier, but most of my family is in the mushroom business."

"All right. But if you decide you don't want the powder, and if you bring back anything but the exact same powder in the exact same amount," she turned to Aver - "Those ada are coming are out your paycheck."

Aver bowed. "I trust Mr. Dendal."

She shrugged. "Good enough for me." She took Pon'i's money and handed him the jar. Then she turned to Gaul with one of her suggesting wiggles. "If you want to see some more acting, I'm going for dinner in a few cycles. My treat."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Watching Poni do the bartering made him wonder why he came along. He seemed to be well suited to this sort of business.

Gaul looked over to Oeru, scanning her well shaped body and pretty eyes. "I think it could be arranged." Gaul gave a small smile and a wink, that said yes. What the hell he thought, it wasn't often he was asked out by a pretty Olath lady. "I have a few things to get done first and I'll be back."

As they were leaving tent Gaul looked over to Poni and to the jar of Pedils "Im glad to see such a thing is readily available in market place. But that leaves only one thing, the meat. Red or white? cook or uncooked? That witch doctor didn't give us much to go by. Any suggestions or links to anyone that might have an idea what the best choice."

"Maybe chicken would be a good choice. That's what my maid gave to me when I was sick as a boy. Chicken soup."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 pm

"I hadn't considered surface meat," said Pon'i. "Honestly, I was just planning on grabbing a tiktiki and calling it good. But you're probably right." Heh. His servant gave him dendal soup when he was sick. Spicy dendal soup. With so much gar'lic that you couldn't taste the dendals.

"Food is my hobby," he confessed. "Eating, not cooking. Best place in Chel for such things is the Riverside Inn. Best place in Raveran is the Haledri Cafe, run by Nals. It's not too far from here. Cooked meat smells better than raw, at least so I've heard. Therefore we ought to transport cooked meat. I suggest we eat first." He rubbed his hands together in anticipation of a good meal. It had been a while since he had one of those!
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 pm

"I haven't eaten at the Haledri Cafe... or the Riverside Inn in such a long time." All this talk got his stomach rumbling.
'That's right' I haven't eaten all day today.' He thought to himself. "Lets go for something to eat, I could use some grilled Beatles, "I always like meat cooked over raw."

Just a little ways down the street was the Haledri Cafe. A pleasant looking building with brightly colored green walls and painted glass. Despite the fancy look, the Haledri Cafe food is set at a fair price.

"You dont mind if we get something against the wall do you?" Gaul asked Poni as he walked into the Cafe and stood by the sign that said 'wait to be seated', "Its a personal preference. I don't like people sneaking up behind me if I can help it."

In short time a clean cut looking host walked up to the pair. He hid his surprise well, he wasn't use to seeing a Kyorl paired with an Olath. "Table for two sirs?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am

"Yes please," said Pon'i. "Against the wall, if you don't mind."

The waiter gave a nod and led them to a table underneath a landscape painting of the surface world. He deposited two menus and stood ready, waiting for the drink orders.

"I'll have some white tea, and a saucer of water for my pet." The waiter took Gaul's order as well, and then left.

"The chicken is excellent," Pon'i said, "and they have chicken eggs, too. From what I've heard, they have an entire herd of chickens out in the back. The chickens make the eggs, and some of those eggs hatch into more chickens. Or you can eat them. They're good fried, or they cook them into some sort of egg pie called a quiche."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm

"Water for me thank you." Gaul said to the waiter as he sat down and leaned his spear carefully againest the wall. He leaned back, taking in how nice it felt sit down and get off his feet for a change.

"The chicken huh." Gaul said as he browsed through the menu. It seem they specialize in chicken, judging by the options you get. "Mmm, I think I'll go for Whole chicken. I haven't eaten anything since I woke up today. All this fighting and shopping gotten me hungry."

As the Waiter returned with there drinks, he asked if they are ready to order. "I'll have the full chicken order with the side of grilled mushrooms please."

After the waiter took the order and left. Gaul turned to Poni "Me being in your families place, isn't going to get you into trouble is it?" He felt bad for entering the premise, The Dendles place is a relitvery quite (side from the crazy drider grandma) and little known place. Gaul meant what he said earlier that he would keep it a secret as long as they don't start a demon cult.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 pm

((Sorry it took me so long!!))

Pon'i ordered a quarter of the wine-marinated chicken and an unusual side dish of sauteed eggs, dried surface vegetables and mushrooms. Thun'der got an order of hard-boiled eggs.

"I don't think I'll get in any trouble for having you in," he said. "But if we get any Kyorls knocking on our door, offering protection in exchange for ada, I'll have a lot to answer to. We don't need any protection." He paused, in thought. "If that ever changes, you all are the ones we will turn to." It was the politically intelligent thing to say, but he also meant it. "In Chel, I feel safest in the Kyorl'solenurn compound. But for the time being, we're good, thanks."

The food arrived quickly, and if the smell was any indicator, this was going to be a meal to remember.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 pm

"Its one of the better choices, spite some of its flaws. Raven seems to be doing alright by it."

Gaul could smell the food as it came out of the kitchen. The Nals really know how to cook their surface food. Wasting no time, he dug into the juicy chicken and fried mushrooms.

After finishing his food Gaul wiped the grease off his mouth with a cloth, "That was a really good idea coming here Poni. But we should be off, we still have one more stop to do and See idoh as soon as possible." Gaul said as he got up from the chair and pulled out some ada for his food.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 pm

"Another stop? I was going to get the meat here." Pon'i flagged down the waiter and ordered two roasted whole chickens wrapped to go. Then he gently separated Thun from the leftovers on his plate and lifted her to his shoulders. She made unhappy hissing noises, but otherwise behaved herself. Good.

The waiter returned a few minutes later with a bag that smelled wonderful. Pon'i handed him an ada and a few crescent. He left another crescent as a tip for the waiter and smiled at Gaul. "Shall we?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 pm

"Shall." Gaul smiled as he handed his ada to the waiter, plus a tip.

At this time of the day, the Brothel was in the middle of it 'afternoon' rush. Sometimes Gaul wondered how he ended up here and ending up being a partner to the newly founded and currently being under construction brothel. Life sure threw him a weird curve ball. He didn't know what to think or do with it; other then just roll with it.

Gaul the pimp.

Sitting back in a couch in a privet room. Gaul took off his armor and sipped on some wine.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive