Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth: A patrol down town; just like old times.

Chel'el'sussoloth: A patrol down town; just like old times.

Postby django » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 pm

(The parade grounds in the Kyorl'solenurn strong hold.)

Gaul felt eccentric today, he just wanted to get up and see his daughter the next chance he gets. He felt really good about himself and looked forward to tomorrow. It was such a strange feeling, did he really just mop around and felt bad for himself? It as if Sharess finally granted a small prayer for him. Something to look forward too.

Yesterday he told his task master he would take up a temporary warden while he stayed in Chel. The only problem he had with that was he'll end up with a crazy purger of some sorts.

The only thing he could do at this point was wait. So he did as he was told and waited at the parade grounds in for her.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth: A patrol down town; just like old tim

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

"Peace be with you children, and may Sharess bless your pilgrimage."

Wae'rah murmured to an assembled group of wardens and templars, young by the looks of it, all their heads bowed. Her former students now completed their training, they would seek out the ancient lands and find wisdom upon the Surface. She placed her two fingers on the top of their heads, one by one. Clasping her hands together, she spoke again,

"Retain your blessings from your Judicator and our Ilhar'ress Shimi'lande my pupils. You may leave"

The drowussu group murmured their thanks and left slowly bidding their good byes and see you soons as they prepared to leave. Wae'rah was dressed in long flowing silken robes, her hair undone in a casual manner. Checking the water dial on the wall, Wae'rah gave a audible sigh and retreated back to her room. Her usual templar was healing in the infirmary from a recent scuffle with the Vloz, she would be assigned a temporary one for her patrols. She braided her hair and wound it around her head in a bun. Next she slipped on her armor pieces one by one, carefully affixing her gauntlets and flexing her fingers expertly. With a swoosh of a cloak being affixed to her back, Wae'rah left her compound, halberd in hand, sword swinging at her side. The parade grounds were empty save for one male templar...a familiar one...

She approached him, her gaze falling on him, a smirk playing on her face.

"Sharess intends for us to meet again. Templar Gaul was it? You know my name, and by providence, you are my temporary templar. Well met again, we may yet see if Val'Raveran has not dulled the edge of your sword. Thankfully we are assigned to a simple and easy patrol route, in the Val'wa sector near the Nidraa'chal ruins."
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby django » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 pm

He couldn't believe his eyes, it was was Wae'rah. A smile grew on his face as he turned to face her, "Wee'rah, it is good to see you again. The goddess must have intended for us to meet again." He bowed and touched his fore head, "Raven may be free of taint but it is just as dangrous as Chel sometimes my lady. My skills as a Templar have not dulled" That was an understatement, he spent two searching Raven for his friend Poni who was kidnapped in front of his eyes. He must have racked up a body count between ten or fifteen.

"The last two days were some of the best days I've had in almost fifteen years Wae'rah. I found my daughter, her name is Sarani and shes a young warden in training. I have never thought I would feel like a father again." a rim of tears formed around his eyes as he talked about it. "Its good to feel that way."

Nid ruins? This will be interesting.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Sarani'ka had walked up to the parade grounds having heard some of her friends would be there before they left on some journey. she'd hoped to catch them before they left, but unfortunately she missed them. 'Oh well' she sighed. Her eyes fixed themselves on the two people left in the square. 'Gaul,' she thought, 'my father' she corrected herself and a woman she recognised. 'Wae- something or other' If she remembered correctly she was involved with most of the other orphans. She'd met her once or twice when she was a little girl, when the lady discussed things with her mother, it had all been over her head really. She shrugged inwardly, might as well go up to them. She'd nothing else to do.

She walked over to them and touched her hand to her forehead with a polite greeting. "Truly I seem to run into you wherever I go father how odd."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:58 am

"And she looks-" Gaul was so into about talking about his newly found daughter that he almost didn't notice her, until she spoke up. He was surprised, she was a quite one. "-just like her mother." He finished with a sly grin.

Gaul turned to Saranik'a and touched his tatoo, "I have that way on my children."

"Hows it going sweet heart. Staying out of trouble?" He said with a wink.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 am

"I will reserve my doubts till we run into a corrupted or tainted, then we shall see if your skills are as smooth as your words."

Wae'rah winked in a joking manner as she twirled her halberd expertly, slamming the weighted end into the ground. She brushed a few stray hairs behind her ears and flashed another grin. Her usual templar was impaled through the leg as Wae'rah took down the nether summoner and some goons, while sealing a gate. These were in the lower slums of Chel, hence why it wasn't news among the upper echelons of Chel. She let out a laugh and pressed a finger to her tattooed forehead as well,

"Sharess favors you Templar. Sarani'ka? Elanoa's child? She's your daughter?"

Wae'rah chuckled,

"You continue to surprise me Gaul, a male who seeks his daughter. But I do not blame you, she is your last link to your old life."

Her attention turned to Sarina as she approached, her eyebrows rising, her grin widening and her eyes briefly flashed towards Gaul's face,

"Greetings Warden-in-Training, Sarini'ka...."

Her eyes drifted down to her hands, her mouth forming a smile "oh". She gathered one of Sarini's gauntleted hands in her own, one of her eyebrows raising dangerously high. The clogs in her mind started to turn, by Sharess providence, could she..? She could.

"I was not aware you were at such an advanced stage in your training Sarini, perhaps...perhaps this is a new stage for you. How about you join me and your father? We're going on a patrol near the Nidraa'chal ruins. Elanoa would not mind, if she has entrusted your first gauntlets, you will be fine...especially with me and your dear father. What say you, Sarini, care to join us?"
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Sarani'ka rolled her eyes "Me? Staying out of trouble? Wishful thinking." She replied. She touched flexed her fingers self-consciously when she noticed Wae'rah examining her brand new gauntlets; remembering how her mother had subjected them to the utmost scrutiny before grudgingly allowing their good quality and gruffly mumbling something about "her little girl being all grown up" before abruptly disappearing off.

When she'd finished listening to the suggestion of going on patrol she felt thrilled though she forced a professional expression. "I would be delighted to go on a patrol warden Wae'rah" she said with a quick half bow, appearing unintentionally comical as her boot skidded slightly. "My mother certainly wouldn't mind. She's been urging me to should join in on a few patrols. And she always does say practical experience is the best experience. I'll do my very best. The Nidraachal ruins wasn't it? Sounds interesting, I haven't really seen them. "
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Napheto Beldrobbaen had come very far in his effort to escape his guardian, Tulsa'eed. At first his only goal was to extend his time to wander Chel'el'sussoloth freely without worrying about Tulsa'eed telling the boy about his 'cans-and-cannots', now he was lost. In all of his travels around the city he had never found himself in this strangely bright part of it.

The young Drow lowered his hood. His messy, black and green-tipped hair fell around his ears and framed his face, haphazardly meeting his jawline. The spidersilk cloth around his left arm concealed the Beldrobbaen family crest that had been stitched there. His green eyes glowed softly with the torchlight from a nearby stronghold.

"Kyorl'solenurn," He thought, "I have taken myself so far from home.. and poor Tulsa'eed will not be able to return without me. He may be killed if he is stupid enough to try going back."

The bright lights emanating from the stronghold piqued Napheto's interest. He reached into his robe and produced from it a wooden spider statuette. He placed it on the ground and crouched next to it. The torches cast a spider-shaped shadow underneath it which the boy animated with his mana. The statuette became engulfed in the shadows and began to crawl around in front of him.

"It is not as if they will miss me," He began aloud, "They think I am cursed.. Well, Nu'al would miss me." Thinking inwardly once again he added, "Nu'al..."

The wooden spider climbed Napheto's robe and rested on his shoulder. It's wooden legs seemed out of place with the shadows mimicking their movements as they remained stationary. Napheto rose to his feet and examined the gates of the Kyorl'solenurn stronghold.

A long pathway extended into a moat surrounding the stronghold proper, all corners of it were adorned by tall pillars and engravings of unicorns and eyes. The light coming from within made Napheto squint for a moment, and as his eyes adjusted he thought the whole structure to be quite beautiful.

Napheto approached the nearest pillar which framed the pathway extending across the moat. The enshadowed wooden spider climbed onto the boy's head as he looked up taking in the intricate carvings of horned horses. The longer he stood there the more his sense of urgency fled from him until he was once again no longer worried about returning to the caverns in the ceiling of Chel'el'sussoloth.

The boy walked out onto the pathway and stopped at it's center to view the clear water of the moat. At the bottom of the moat, when the water was calm enough there could be seen even more impressive scenes etched into it's floor. Napheto lost himself (this time mentally) in examining these works of art.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby django » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

Gaul couldn't suppress a chuckle after he watched Wae'rah show her skill with the haliberd. "I am far too old and mature to show off back, my Lady." he said with a grin. At least he wouldn't have to worry about her if things turned ugly.

"I think its a good idea." Gaul said as he turned back to Sarani'ka. He was split on the idea, no parent would want to see there children in harms way but Gaul understood that wasn't his choice to make. She was already a warden in training it would have happened one way or another, with or without him. Besides he took his son on his first patrol and everything was alright.

“It'll be good for you Sarani. Now go ask your mother and get you gear.
We'll wait for you here.”

“Now my lady,” He turned back to Wae'rah “I have a few things to talk about before we head out. How would you like to do your patrols and how do you feel about half breeds? I'll be honest with you I will not bother a half breed free
of taint.” It was better to know now then find out later in the field.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:08 am

Wae'rah smiled to herself at Sarani's enthusiasm, remembering her precious moments as a warden in training, taking her first tentative steps in her training. Hundreds of years ago, when things were better, but her face flickered for a second into a grimace as she remembered the responsibilities, burdens, and sacrifices that came with the job. The image of grief lasted only for a second before it was replaced with a more neutral face. Her hands flexed instinctively, her gauntlets had served her well in the darkest of times.

The girl hadn't seen the ruins...Wae'rah sighed inwardly, the first experience was always the hardest for many people. Hard for Wae'rah seeing as it was the battlefield she had cleansed naught but 16 years ago. The buildings smoldered, death, darkness...a drain on the city of light. As Sarani scattered to get her belongings, Wae'rah called out,

"Meet us at the gates."

With that, she and Gaul walked and talked towards the exit. She lifted a few eyebrows at Gaul, a male already making demands? Cheeky cheeky. Nonetheless, he had been gone from Chelian society for far too long...perhaps the diversity of creatures in Val'Raveran corrupted his thoughts...Wae'rah inwardly forgave the oversight and responded as the gates opened for them,

"Half breeds are fine. But corrupted will be taken, and tainted will be killed on sight. We do not seek trouble...no, trouble will seek us. Bandits, thieves, squatters make their place in the ruined buildings; make sure your ada does not clink together too much or we will be dealing with trash other than our true purpose. You are...not used to my fighting style. You know your duties, defend my back and I will seal the gates. I, however, opt for a more long range approach to fighting. Ice sorcery you know..."

Her eyes drifted towards the Beldrobbaen standing near the fortress, her tone was harsh as she called out,

"Oi! You there? What brings you to Kyorl'solenurn territory?"
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:45 am

"Oi! You there? What brings you to Kyorl'solenurn territory?"

Napheto was sitting on the side of the path across the moat when Wae'rah called out to him. He jumped up splashing some water across the stones as he pulled his feet from the water. He turned to face the two Drowussu examining their faces. His right hand subconsciously drifted to the spidersilk cloth around his other arm which concealed his family's crest.

"Ah.. I was merely admiring your clan's artwork." As Wae'rah drew closer Napheto was a bit taken back by her pale skin and features having very few opportunities to interact with Drowussu (especially within their own grounds).

"P-pretty... ah, I mean; What are these depictions of horses with horns growing from their heads? I have never seen anything like them before." He took his hand away from the cloth on his arm trying his best to appear brave in the face of unfamiliarity.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Gaul nodded as Wae'rah told him about her fighting and patrol style. He could get use to working with her in time, it was still hard for him deep inside, he still wasn't use to having someone to look after and vice versa. The Nid ruins would bring back bad... sad memories. Its a point in his life where his world changed for the worse

One thing about Wae'rah he hope to shake off is the nagging feeling that she thinks Raven is some sort of vacation resort and has make him weak. He hopped to change that point of view soon if he could help it.

Gaul noticed the strange little Bel too as they left the gates. He didn't say anything at the moment but he did scan the area for tainted or hiding auras. Nothing so far, I wonder where the Mom went? "Your a long way from home kid, did you get lost or something?" that would be too obvious he thought but he though he'd ask.

He then lowered his voice so only his warden could hear "Do Bel's still have friendly relations with Sharns in Chel these days? Do you want to take him in and have the Inquisitors look him over?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 am

Napheto exchanged concerned glances with Wae'rah as Gaul began questioning as well. He pressed, "Your a long way from home kid, did you get lost or something?" The boy broke his gaze with Wae'rah and smiled brightly for Gaul.

"Well, I would not say I am truly lost. I have simply found myself somewhere new. Over time I hope to become familiar with your stronghold as the artwork is quite stunning," the young Drowolath reasoned. Gaul leaned closer to Wae'rah and spoke something quietly, this gave Napheto a sharp shiver as he recounted in his mind the encounter he had with the Dvergar.

"I.. I want you to know I mean you no ill will. I had been bullied by a group of Dwarves earlier and just needed a quiet place to collect my thoughts." Nervousness played across his face while he thought to himself, "Once again am I at the mercy of those whom think everyone is up to no good? I hope this is not the case. I am through with running for one day".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Sarani'ka had walked off to fetch her gear, Wae'rah's call to meet them at the gates was answered with a "Will do!" Her brisk pace carried her home quickly. The first thing she did was scribble a note to her mother:

Gone on Patrol with warden Wae'rah to the Nidraa'chal ruins.

Then she collected her gear, changing into her armour and double checking everything before leaving for the gates. It wouldn't take too long to get there, she was a fast walker and she didn't like to keep them waiting.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 am

Wae'rah eyed the young Beldrobbaen suspiciously, tightening her grip on her halberd as she mused over his words. She spoke in a cautious yet hard tone,

"Young Beldrobbaen, very few dark skins venture to the gates of our clan to admire...artwork. These..."

A free hand gestured to the dawmere of which he spoke of, Wae'rah fought the urge to roll her eyes. Not seen a Dawmere? Did this kid live under a rock? No...he lived on the ceiling. Regardless she kept her true emotions from rolling to the surface (the years of raising orphans had left her with a short fuse.

"...these are dawmere. They are common mounts, your neighbors, the Siksa'santi ride them. Young Val, it is odd for you to venture outside in Chel without your guardian. I was under the impression the Beldrobbaen had become more cautious of their children."

She whispered back to Gaul,

"Aye...but it is an alliance with no weight. The Bels can not afford any formal military occupation. But no, it would be a waste of time for the Inquisitors. He is pure."

Lifting her head up a little, she stared imperiously at the young Beldrobbaen. The Beldrobbaen had been rather harsh on letting the Kyorls do patrols in their territory, perhaps it would be best to 'escort' the child to scout the area a bit. See if any impurity resides within Bel lands. She whispered to Gaul again,

"Change of plans. We'll escort the child back and meanwhile scout the land of impurities, the Beldrobbaen would not resist knowing we have done them a favor."

As Sarini approached, Wae'rah addressed Napheto with a stiff smile,

"Dwarves? Well, how about this, we'll escort you to your clan's territory. We have been meaning to exchange words with your ambassadors. We'll take a minor detour though, just a small trip through the Nidraa'chal ruins. Ah, Sarini, are you ready?"
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive