Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran: The Grandest Tour of the City ((Private :3 ))

Val'Raveran: The Grandest Tour of the City ((Private :3 ))

Postby Celice » Tue May 24, 2011 2:58 am

The city of Val'Raveran was as busy as always. The locals moving about and going about their business without much care, the Kyorl'Solenurn patrols moving through keeping an eye out for any sort of trouble, and of course, the Illhardro affiliated merchants were calling out, each claiming to be selling exotic ware that were most likely cheaply made knock-offs in order to trick a few newcomers and tourists.

Seruxis leaned against a pillar, arms crossed watching the city go by lazily. It was one of the very rare times he allowed himself to relax somewhat. His posture was still as rigid as ever and he was adorned in the armor of a templar, however, his helmet was at side, tied to his belt, and the muscles in his face were less tense then usual. He looked like he might even smile for once. Although more relaxed then usual, he was still aware of his surroundings. Seruxis had his duty for the day even if it wasn't the usual patrols. He was here to give a tour to a new recruit coming in so the poor man wasn't thrown headfirst into the patrols of the city without a clue where he was going. After that incident where a new pair had gotten lost and ended up three hours late to report causing a panic in the office, it was decided this was for the best.

At least the newcomers would have a fighting chance in the seas of Val'Raveran. Seruxis straightened his posture stretching out slightly, cracking his neck a bit as he awaited for the newcomer to arrive. Hopefully command had gotten the rooming issues straightened out by now so the newcomers would have somewhere to stay. He didn't even know what was wrong. All he had heard from the judicator among the cursing and snarls was something about beetles, tikis, and he swore she said something that sounded suspiciously like crusaders in heat, but didn't press it. Seruxis knew when it was best not to ask.
Celice
Vel'akar

Re: Val'Raveran: The Grandest Tour of the City ((Private :3

Postby Kalandrin » Tue May 24, 2011 3:20 am

Things had moved on dramatically since Kyori had first set foot in Val'Raveran, City of Races as she had nicknamed it.

When she first arrived, Kyori was a person without a sense of identity or position; she, an amnesiac warden and her cousin Tarlyn, devoted templar and family member. It was decades ago, and she was rebuilt anew, her shed memories never returning to her. Eventually, she had grown so dependent on Tarlyn that, when he was lost to the onslaught of the Vloz'ress, she felt truly devastated: the loss of one person here meant the loss of her past, almost forgotten self.

And then, a bright new star arose in her life, much like the brightest of all the moons of the surface world, as legends spoke. Seruxis. From a brief distance, she looked at him, still not making her arrival known but not trying to hide either. In Kyori's eyes, he was an avatar of what had become, what had happened, and what was to happen. Seruxis was her second templar, a devoted companion, and above all else, a person residing within her very soul in a sense.

Proud and devoted as always, Kyori was clad in her thick spidersilk robes, reinforced with a hidden layer of maille, and supplemented by her plate armour. She bore her yatagan and her dagger crossed at her waist, into a fine crimson sash, which contrasted with her grey skin and silvery armour; beside them hanged a light flanged mace. Her hair was as finely groomed as always, into a perfectly symmetrical pair of braids at the back of her head, each decorated with ribbons and beads.

The warden smiled. It was the last moment before going on duty. Seruxis had mentioned something about giving a tour to newbies, and her own duties were not necessarily deviant from this. Perhaps her own experience with the city could come in handy for the newcomers. Or perhaps she could admit she was too jealous to let go of him, and have him spend on-duty time with somebody else. Clinching her fists, she wore her on-duty face and stepped forward.

"Still waiting?" Kyori said informally albeit seriously as she approached the waiting templar. "What do we have here today?" she asked as she came to a halt, and surveyed their surroundings.
Last edited by Kalandrin on Tue May 24, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 am

The unmistakable sound of dawmere claws on the packed ground heralded the arrival of a templar on horseback just outside the bazaar. Upon dismounting, he tied the animal to a hitching post besides a few lizards. The dawmere could take care of itself, and would not prove to be a feast for any of the few carnivorous mounts nearby.

The templar himself was a tall, leanly muscled drowussu male, with a pallid grey face and deep brooding grey-blue eyes that hinted at deep sorrow and regret in the past, made more sombre by the spartan black and white clothing and armor he wore. His long red hair was pulled into tail like braids which descended to his waist. A stylized eye-like tattoo above his left eye marked the templar as a member of the Order of the Sentinel Eye. His helm was tied to his belt, and a two handed sword was slung across his back. The Kyorl'solenurn looked about the packed market, searching for someone in particular. His eyes locked on to Kyori and Seruxis, before he made his way in great strides towards the other two Kyorls.

"Sharess guide and bless ye, fellow Kyorl'solenurn. I am Bani'rettr, a new arrival to the garrison here. I was told to report to you two for orientation," spoke the Templar, touching the tattoo above his left eye as he bowed his head slightly in greetings. "I hear that you are to give me a tour," continued Bani'rettr, giving a slight smile, a rarity from the sombre Templar. "Have the newcomer Crusaders been getting themselves lost recently?" Not an unreasonable assumption, seeing how crowded these markets were; they were almost as bad as those of Chel. Someone not accustomed to the layout of this area could easily become lost.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Celice » Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 am

Seruxis glanced to Kyori as she came close, giving a curt nod to her, lightly taking one of her hands to place a kiss upon it, noting the slight tension in her form. He didn't really know why she was tense, but he hoped that a small formal show of affection might help to take the edge off, "Yes, just a tour for a young templar coming in. Should be any moment. Will you be coming as well?" he asked before his attention turned to the new arrival.

Seruxis straightened himself up as he eyed up Bani'Rettr. For a templar, Seruxis was a very imposing figure. He was tall, a bit more on the muscular side with a look of drill sergeant about him. A nasty scar crept up the front of his neck and about his chin. Serxuis's eyes were a piercing electric blue shade that contrast with his dirty blond hair. Seruxis had grown into the role of a somewhat of a "hard ass" among the crusaders as well a someone never to irritate. Labor about the outpost from scrubbing dishes to scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush were not above the templar. Whatever mercy and patience he had once had upon arriving her had quickly run out.

"and Sharess bless you, templar Bani'Rettr," Seruxis said, touching his forehead in greeting, his tone formal although it was a low growling base that sounded like he was somewhat agitated despite the fact he was not, "I am templar Seruxis. These tours are to serve as ways to not have to deal with lost templar and warden patrols. It has been an issue of late with new recruits, not just the crusaders..." Seruxis grumbled, trailing off at the end before clearing his throat and fixing Bani'Rettr with a slight frown giving him the look he gave to all new recruits, keeping his tone level, but a hint of threat to it, "This tour is for your benefit to assist you in completing your duty to the fullest. Do not take what you learn on this lightly and commit the paths to memory. I do not want to be going on a wild tiki hunt through the city or I'll have you engaged in intensive training until you have those patrols hardwired into your head you'll have run them so many times. Am I clear, templar?" Seruxis said crossing his arms over his chest.

It was always like this with new recruits for Seruxis. He didn't trust any newcomers until they proved themselves competent enough to follow orders and learn fast. Those that didn't excel would end up dead...or worse. Seruxis resisted the urge to touch the scar on his neck, reminded of his own blunders in his youth.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue May 24, 2011 4:19 am

Kyori stood idle and observed Seruxis as he kissed her hand, blushing but not turning any less serious. She coughed instead, looking away shyly for a moment, before she managed to produce a smile hidden from the eyes of the masses. "W-- Well, I might as well" she declared with pride and embarrassment. "I have nothing better to do anyway, and since I'm in Raveran for longer than you have... Might as well come."

As the other templar approached, Kyori rushed to adopt the most modest, serious, on-duty pose she could momentarily come up with. Standing at 5' 6", she was by far the shortest one around here; which was sufficient incentive to make her feel disadvantaged despite her sex. She returned the greeting formally. "May the Goddess bless and guide you" she spoke, "I am Warden Kyori. Welcome to Val'Raveran."

Two towering, muscular, plated drowussu males and her. Kyori was always among the shorter ones, always having issues as far as she could remember being told from Tarlyn. She would make up for it with extra dedication and even harshness, but even so, she couldn't help but feel envious at times. It was as though she needed to prove her worth to herself over and over, in order to feel that she would execute her tasks as well as those tall, strong folks.

"I would recommend that you memorise not just the places, but also who they belong to. Val'Raveran has its own delicate political situation, different from Chel'el'sussoloth's. Not every clan present in this city views our duties as positively as the others" Kyori spoke, trying to supplement Seruxis's words. "Speaking of which, you will be told about them in due time" she added, a sense of pride escaping into her words.

She then turned towards Seruxis, keen to watch how he would treat this newcomer.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Tue May 24, 2011 4:48 am

"I am pleased to make your acquaintances then, Warden Kyori and Templar Seruxis," said Bani'rettr confidently to the two. Seruxis seemed to be giving him the typical intimidation look and act. Bani'rettr had seen it all when he was being trained to become a templar; perhaps Seruxis had trained a great many Crusaders and Templars before. Kyoriseemed to be an odd fit for Seruxis; he towered over her in height and bulk and Kyori seemed rather timid for a warden.

Bani'rettr looked around at the surrounding area to further confirm his bearings before answering Seruxis. "I'll put these lessons to memory then. It won't do for my warden and I to get lost here," said Bani'rettr as he met the older templar's gaze. "We need not waste time then, show me the way!"

Kyori mentioned the views of local clans towards the Kyorl'solenurn. "Oh? Well then, do tell me. It'd be a shame for them to get in our way of doing our duty," remarked Bani'rettr. "I thought the Vloz'ress and other impure ones had been purged from this place. It sounded too good to be true. After all, we're still here aren't we?" he added, tapping the hilt of his sword to show that their arms were still needed in this place. "I trust the Chelian clans know enough to stay out of our way."

He then nodded towards the direction of his hitched mount. "Are we to travel via dawmere? I still have mine tied up back at the hitching post at the bazaar's entrance."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 am

Seruxis didn't relax his gaze or his carriage one bit even as Bani'Rettr answered back confidently. All the young ones answered back as such, eager to rush in, eager to prove themselves, and always eager, to Bani'Rettr, to do something so Sharess-damn stupid it made Seruxis want to rub his temples to stave off the impending headache.

"First lesson of Val'Raveran is patience, templar. There is no need to go rushing into things or else you are bound to miss something. Our enemies are more cleverly hidden then in Chel'El'Sussoloth. It is not just a matter of hunting the red-eyed scum down here," the templar kept his posture rigid and his back was as straight of a board, and he didn't even seem to blink or give any change to his attitude. Seruxis might as well have been carved from stone.

"We will walk. It is too crowded to force mounts through the streets and there are routes and areas that are too narrow for a dawmere. I will have one of the crusaders take your mount to the stables, "Seruxis said curtly.

Seruxis didn't even own a dawmere, the templar having a great dislike of mounts when he could walk anywhere just as well. Besides walking and stretching one's legs was good exercise and save one the discomfort.

The templar gave a formal salute to Kyori, touching his forehead to indicate for her to go first. Seruxis would never dare to take lead ahead over his own warden. Despite his height, it was clear he had nothing but the utmost respect for Kyori.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue May 24, 2011 5:21 am

The mention of mounts made Kyori smirk broadly, and though Seruxis gave a good answer to the other templar, it didn't satisfy her. As the resident warden of the trio here, she should oversee the newbie's overseer, not just because she was his warden, but also because it was her duty to oversee things went smoothly in her presence. Since Bani'rettr was their responsibility for showing around town, the last thing she wanted was a bad introduction that could cost his life.

"Templar Bani'rettr, a mount is not going to be helpful in your patrols here. Much of the population is not yet adapted to the idea of overseers and protectors for them, and an entire native clan is devoted to all things deceiving and misleading. Not only will you give the wrong impression to the local commoners, but you will also fail to notice vital things you might otherwise notice on foot" Kyori lectured politely.

"Tell me this, for instance. What will happen to your mount, if you are in potentially unfriendly territory and need to chase an important suspect through a narrow street? Would you trust it to the local population, which may as well be disguised agents of the Qin'dalasque?" she asked the templar, and seriously waited for an answer. Though she seemed timid, she didn't lack experience with this city.

"And last, but not least, you should maintain physical fitness. You are a warrior of Sharess and not some far Sharen sow. Walking will not hurt you. Quite the opposite" she added with a smile, before she took the lead and started walking ahead of the templars. "But yes. As Templar Seruxis said, patience is a virtue. You will be shown around down, and told of the local politics. But above all else, don't forget your purpose."

Saying that, the warden started walking towards the very heart of Val'Raveran, its market, where every tour would begin from, and end in. "First, you will learn the basic route from Inlulk'lar to the city market. And you will also learn to keep a close hand at your purse, lest some Qin'dalasque thug tries to relieve you of it."
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Tue May 24, 2011 5:41 am

Bani'rettr nodded sagely at Seruxis' advice. "Ah, of course I've been told about the Qin'dalasque. So, tell me how dangerous they are here? I know they are masters of stealth and disguise," he asked as he followed the other two through the streets towards the central market. Dealing with such a foe would lead to an even greater headache than dealing with nether summoners back home. At least you could easily detect the tainted. Bani'rettr found the thought of an enemy who constantly evaded him to be most irritating.

"Very well then, we'll go on foot. If the rest of the tour is as congested and narrow as the market we might as well eschew mounts. It wouldn't be any faster and would be tactically unsound in these streets." Though marching about in full armor is far from enjoyable, he mentally added. He had to prove himself to his compatriots, and voicing complaint would hinder that. Besides, it wasn't as if he couldn't handle it.

"Fat Sharen sow? Bah, from the sounds of it you aren't expecting much from me. You have my word that I'll keep up with you," replied Bani'rettr to Kyori. The reminder about pickpockets was a welcome comment from the warden. "Thanks for the advice on the purse," muttered Bani'rettr as he lightly fingered his purse.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 am

"The Qin'dalasque are always up to something, never trust a fox face," Seruxis grumbled as he followed close behind Kyori, keeping a good look out. He didn't let his eyes linger anywhere for long making sure to keep an eye out for any sort of threat. He walked closer to Kyori leaning down to mumble to her, " A very eager cadet...I can see he easily follows any order. I hope you aren't planning any of your little...scenarios right away," Seruxis gave her a ghost of a smile and a slight wink, "Might be a bit cruel this soon, yes?"

Seruxis then straightened up casually to cast a baleful look to Bani'Rettr, "I've trained templars and crusaders. Through countless let down, I've learned not to get my hopes up for any sort of miracle with new recruits here. No one is so good they don't mess up their first time here,"

The older templar decided not to add what had happened his first time here. Oh yes. Falling down a mine shaft and breaking his leg and nearly being chewed by a few starved demons still lurking there. He was surprised Kyori had managed to drag him out of there and not break in half. The thought of her struggling to get him out filled him with more pride for his warden. Kyori truly was a one of a kind woman and he was grateful for the goddess for bringing them together.

"and it isn't so much as keeping up with us, as just learning to actually make do on your own..." Seruxis grumbled, then cleared his throat again, raising his voice, "The bazaar is always a place to watch out for. If it isn't the fox faces coming after your purse, it is the Illhardro merchants trying to get you to buy whatever knick knacks they are selling and they don't leave a newcomer alone until they bought something . Don't make eye contact. Don't gawk around. I'm not your personal bodyguard for those vultures, templar,"

Kyori was a handful enough without having to play babysitter for Bani'Rettr. The templar rolled his shoulders slightly, working out the kinks in his shoulders from the armor. He was use to the weight and had learned to ignore the discomfort. Mind over matter. He would be a hypocrite to holler that at recruits and not follow his own advice.

"So where about in Chel'El'Sussoloth do you hail from, templar?" He asked as politely as he could with his low growling voice.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue May 24, 2011 6:50 am

"Oh, worry not. I'll not throw him into the deepest part of the pond straight away" the warden whispered back to her templar, keeping a serious face and yet speaking with a fiendish smile implied with her words. "For now, let's show him the basics. Afterwards we'll see what he has learned, and how much of it" she added quietly.

Kyori smiled at the newcomer. "It seems you are eager to provide us with more lessons to teach you, templar" she responded. "This is not about competing with Seruxis and I. This is about attuning yourself to Raveran. The tainted are the least of your concerns here, if only because of what happened because of the Vel'Vloz'ress" the warden nodded, leading the party towards the central market of the city from the quickest and easiest route possible.

"This is the main road between Inlulk'lar and the central market" she explained a moment later. "Memorise this road well, for it's the central artery between our clan and everything else. When on duty, keep in mind your purpose. The city has flocks of the lesser races and even elves, and anything Chel'el'sussoloth knows as slaves. Here, many are free" Kyori nodded towards a nearby free human.

"And this is one of the great distractions of the city. Don't let them remove you from your duties. You are not their guide here, or their bodyguard. Remember your training and your tasks. The impure walk both in the form of mud-bloods as well as those who have tainted their thoughts. And I am sure you already know how difficult it is to distinguish many of these from the innocent, do you not?"

This road could sum up Kyori's history in this city. Her arrival as a powerless, amnesiac girl; her regrowing into a new warden, much less fanatical than before, and yet just as effective as Tarlyn would say; and even the war with the Vloz'ress. No, especially the war with the Vloz'ress. Nobody did well on their first time here. Sometimes, you didn't do well even on your last time.

As they reached a crossroads, Kyori stopped and surveyed the surroundings. The merchants she frequented at her precious free time had brought new beautiful beads and accessories she could use for her hair. Her hair was as much as she could freely accessorise, and individualise herself from the generic warden. But this wasn't the time for this. Off-duty time would come later.

"This crossroads" Kyori said, "is among the main navigational hubs. Continue straight ahead for the market, or turn to the right or left to leave the overcrowded centre. You'll find clans in and around every street here, one way or another." She then turned to face the templars. "Tell me, Bani'rettr. Have you been assigned here alone, or have you come with a warden?" she inquired inquisitively.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 pm

The warden and templar conversed among themselves for a short while, allowing Bani'rettr to take another look around, his braids swaying as he turned his head while walking. The Chelian influence in this place was highly apparent, given the large number of Illhar'dro merchants present.

Bani'rettr nodded at Seruxis' reply. "That's not surprising that they all get lost here. I'd have thought that I'd have seen the worst of congestion in Chel. It's a good thing that you're here to guide me through this place my first time here," spoke the younger templar. "I heard that these Qin'dalasque are somewhat few in number, though perhaps that's all of their clan that they allow us to see," he added, not allowing any concern to breach the impenetrable sheath of calm that he had constructed around him the past sixteen years. Bani'rettr had assumed that this assignment would be a simple one, given that his warden had been there before and that there were no tainted present. Apparently that would not be the case, given Kyori's words. Bani'rettr sighed. Perhaps it was a good thing to be sent here far away from Chel; bad memories surrounded that land, and Bani'rettr could still feel old wounds, both physical and emotional, ache whenever he passed by the Dutan'vir ruins.

The voices of the duo guiding him along brought Bani'rettr out of his reverie. "Alright, got it. No speaking to anyone not of our clan, especially not the merchants." Seemed simple enough. His Judicator obviously didn't send him here to buy gewgaws from local merchants.

Bani'rettr stopped at the crossroads and listened to Kyori's lecture, as well as the questions from the duo. They both seemed to have taken on a more polite tone. "Well, Seruxis, I am of the Order of the Sentinel Eye, though I wasn't always a Kyorl'solenurn. I was part of the Dutan'vir clan before it fell." Bani'rettr paused, his eyes seeming to cloud over before he spoke again. "I was barely an adult when the clan fell, but fortunately Sharess saw fit to save my life and brought me to the Kyorl'solenurn clan," continued Bani'rettr as he touched the tattoo on his forehead as if to offer thanks to the goddesses.

Bani'rettr then turned to Kyori to answer the warden's question. "I have come to Val'Raveran with a warden, warden Kyori. For whatever reason, I don't know if she is to join us for the tour today," he answered with a shrug. He had learned in his sixteen years with the Kyorl'solenurn to not question orders. "So...how long have you two been in Val'Raveran? If we are to work together, than I'd hope that we can get along well enough."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Mon May 30, 2011 2:56 am

"Been in the city long enough to learn how to keep a dagger out of my back," Seruxis said a little too cheerfully as if such a thing were common occurrence for him, "But Warden Kyori has been in the city and is more an expert than I on the going ons of the city and was present for the great purge as well,"

Seruxis frowned slightly, eying Bani'Rettr up unable to withhold his comment any longer, "and straighten up young templar. Don't walk like you are carrying the whole weight on your shoulder. Shoulders back, chest out, keep that spine straight or I'll have you doing planks until you are straighter then a holy lance's weapon," Serxuis tried a lot to not go instantly drill sergeant on new comers, but the more he was placed in charge of training, the more he had an issue with not saying something that irked him. He didn't yell, in fact his entire chiding was in a soft hush to allow Bani'Rettr to not be embarrassed in public. Such a move wouldn't teach anyone anything.

Sharess help him if he had any children one day...he would end up having them turned into a perfectly mannered little warden or templar that could snap off a polished salute and never slouched on patrol. Just before he let himself brood more on the subject, his eyes snapped to the left and he paused. Seruxis paused to more fixedly look at a figure that seemed to be trying not be seen, "...mud-blood to the right milady. Your orders?"

Usually if they weren't on a tour for a newcomer, there would be no question or hesitation. He would do his duty no questions asked. However, his current task was to guide Bani'Rettr, not so much be on patrol and be on the attack of course, unless Kyori gave her word. Perhaps even she would like to see how the young templar handled the situation.

It was always hard to figure out how other orders reacted to the mud-bloods...perhaps this was the time to see.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 am

"Val'Dutan'vir" Kyori mused, not shifting her visual focus to the newcomer but just her mental attention instead. She just nodded blankly, emptily. Most of their history, like most of the history of most clans, had been recited to her after she had lost her memory. Ultimately, much of what she knew were hollow. But they were the loyal dogs of the Val'Sharen while they existed, and while the Sharen were still a mentally stable, somewhat decent clan of Vals. Since the destruction of the Dutan'vir, many had come over to the Kyorl'solen'urn.

She turned back to the two males when she was asked how long had she been here. Kyori's reply was quick, sharp, and almost hostile for a brief moment. "I have been in Val'Raveran for almost as long as I can remember" she said plainly, her serious posture growing a little dark. She didn't enjoy discussing about this matter, or even remembering it; the painful memories of what she had been told she was, and of her dear cousin still hurt her like poison. Managing to smile a little, she sighed, and continued leading the way.

In the meanwhile, Seruxis seemed to be stressing and enjoying himself over how the newbie walked, and what not. He could be so strict, so responsible at times, but with the best motives and aspirations. It was... admirable. She glanced over, not interrupting her templar. This was his duty, after all; her very presence here wasn't required, in fact, whether she could be helpful or not. Her distracting train of thought carried on, and was only broken when Seruxis informed her of the presence of a controversial figure nearby.

The Warden's eyes shifted immediately to the direction of the cross-bred elf. Scanning the person up and down, she stopped walking, though she didn't move to reach for a weapon, or even get closer to the stealthy stranger. "Worry not, Seruxis. These are not the circumstances for this" she replied to her templar, without shifting her attention. "...Templar Bani'rettr, may I inquire what would you do in an encounter such as this?" she then asked. Her own mind was already working with indirect avenues and various choices. Perhaps, for now, this person was more valuable alive than dead.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 am

The saturnine templar tightened up his posture under the pressure of Seruxis' reprimand. "Ah, I can't believe I was making such a mistake!" He didn't usually exhibit poor posture...at least, as far as he could recall. Good posture and standing came with intensive training and pride. Perhaps he had been thinking too heavily on his past. Save that for later, you've got a job to do, he told himself as he shifted his great sword from his back down to a ready position sheathed at his side. The Qin'dalasque could be anywhere.

"Templar Seruxis, do you always comment on the new arrivals like you're doing with me? I can just imagine you as a father!" Bani'rettr had to admit that the idea of Seruxis speaking to his own children as if they were rookie crusaders conjured up some amusing (or frightening) mental imagery.

"So you were here for the large purge recently, then...it sounded like things got quite hairy there," said Bani'rettr somberly, looking back at Kyori for a moment. That might have explained Kyori's sudden moroseness. From the look on the warden's face, there was some event in her past that rivaled his own demons as far as traumatic experiences were concerned. Bani'rettr made a mental note to consider asking them about that once he knew the two better.

Bani'rettr looked over to where Kyori and Seruxis had verbally pointed out. A half-breed was walking off to the right. Bani'rettr's order was ambivalent towards half-breeds; mixing between drowussu and drowolath was highly discouraged but the offspring from such acts were not seen as evil in of themselves. "The half-breed does not appear to be a threat or tainted. There's no need to chase the half-breed down," he spoke as he looked down over at the half-breed. "I suggest we move on and save our energy and time for suspected Qin'dalasque or nether summoners and their ilk. Are these half-breeds common in this city?" Perhaps the inhabitants of this place had strange customs in that regard.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive