Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran: The Grandest Tour of the City ((Private :3 ))

Re: Val'Raveran: The Grandest Tour of the City ((Private :3

Postby Celice » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 am

Seruxis frowned and leaned in towards Kyori to speak softly again to her, "Seems we got a templar from an order that doesn't seem to train their troops well in who are to be purged..." he grumbled, clearly not all too impressed now with the newcomer, "Might be something we should inform the Judicator of later and have corrected as soon as possible,"

The latter statement was a suggestion, but it was clear that if given the order, Seruxis would have no qualms about delivering the report in full to the Judicator faster than a holy lance on a tainted drow. The templar straightened up and fixed Bani'Rettr with a stern look, "Mud-bloods are impure and endanger purity of the races. As long as you are in Val'Raveran, they are your enemy and you will do your duty templar. Some things that appear to be nonthreatening can turn out to be a real threat in this city,"

The senior templar frowned again and slipped his helmet on turning to Kyori, "So we are letting them go...or do you have something else in mind warden Kyori," he asked in a low tone, although loud enough for Bani'Rettr to hear. Seruxis had not been with Kyori for so long to not know that his little warden had some sort of thought or idea churning in her mind.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Kyori nodded slowly as the templars spoke, considering each view. Bani'rettr seemed to be a member of a rather... progressive order, so to speak, compared to the much more traditionalist views Seruxis and Kyori had been raised with. Purity and impurity, decisions, decision. Eventually, she beamed a pleasant smile to both of the enormous males, her self-confidence almost creeping her out. She glanced at the two templars before she expressed her decision.

"We shan't bother right now" Kyori said. "An investigation can occur at a later time, when the subject will have a strengthened sense of self-confidence and may, perhaps, lead us to better results." Pausing, she eventually looked at Seruxis, and leaned closer to whisper something at him. "Do not be too rash. Let him prove his worth, or lack thereof anyway" she suggested. Her eyes remained fixed on a nearby merchant's stand, as though she was distracted by them.

"Keep in mind two things, templar" she told Bani'rettr. "First of all, it is our sacred duty to protect not just this city, but the drow people from the corruption and taint that hide in the Underworld. Demons are not our only concern, but so is the annihilation of traditions and society" she explained. "Second of all, this is not Chel'el'sussoloth. It would be wise to act with restraint, if only to ensure that you remain on the better side of the locals. With the Vloz'ress gone, some think our purpose here is over."

Eventually, the Warden beamed up another smile. "But, let's continue. Raveran is not just a market now, is it?" she said, prompting Seruxis to continue guiding the new arrival through the city's streets.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Alric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 am

Bani'rettr gave a respectful nod to the two as they lectured him on the evils of miscegenation. "I realize that half-breeds are not something our clan approves of...but with all due respect, warden, I believe there is no need to hunt them down, at least not at this point in time," he said, articulating his reasoning whilst remaining mindful of the other two drowussu's experience. "In my opinion, we'd best reserve our resources on patrol to dealing with clear and present dangers. We can deal with these...mud-bloods later." Seruxis seemed almost disappointed at Bani'rettr's take on the situation. Bani'rettr kept his mind on travel and watching their surroundings as he donned his helmet.

"Restraint sounds good to many, but there comes a time when fire and sword are needed. We must remain vigilant, for moderation in the pursuit of purity and justice is a restraint in of itself," he said to Kyori. "That said...pursuing half-breeds just for the sake of them being half-breeds at this time will benefit us little in both the short and long term, I believe. Let us deal with the tainted first." Bani'rettr continued on with the two on the tour, keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity. This market was nearly as big as those in Chel...

Another question crossed Bani'rettr's mind at that moment. "So...what is the main reason why we're still in this place? We defeated the Vloz'ress recently...are there still some of their acolytes about here?" Perhaps they were here to hunt down half-breeds. Not exactly the type of work Bani'rettr liked to do, but his Judicator saw fit to send him here to do Sharess' will.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Celice » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 am

Seruxis's frown turned into a scowl now coupled with a irritated look. Idly he let his hands clench into fists as he crossed his arms over his chest, and slowly counted to ten. No matter how much he wanted to give this templar a talking to in public that would make a Sarghress blush, he was going to remain calm and in control. Seruxis knew he just had to think clearly and not let his stewing dislike cause a scene.

"I haven't had the stables cleaned out by a rookie in a few moon turns..." he thought idly. That thought helped to take the edge of his irritation slightly. But only just.

"As you wish, Warden," he said to Kyori, somewhat put out by the more prominent growl in his voice.

Seruxis moved forward, glancing over his shoulder slightly, "If you are eager to go off and kill tainted you are in the wrong city, templar," he said coolly before turning back to stalk forward to continue this tour in order to take his mind off things. He paused at a street and gestured down it.

"That is the red light district as it were...brothels, houses of sin, you name it...if I ever catch you down there fooling around with one of those drowolath whores, I swear by the goddess you will wish you would have never met me," Bani'Rettr said in a low, growling grumble. It was always a problem with the younger males...it was worse with the females! It was about twice a week he was dragging some hapless crusader back to the fortress for a thorough cleansing. It was time like that that he wished they had more inquisitors stationed here.

"Also avoid shopping in the woman's lingerie department unless you are accompany a warden or female of our clan," Bani'Rettr added as a sudden after thought, one hand going to his chin thoughtfully, "Or else those dark skin devils will be all over you asking extremely personal questions and even suggest you try it on. All the dark skins have half their minds in their trousers and will not think twice about taking advantage of a rookie. Never forget your duty, not even in the face of some loose she-devil dark-skin,"

The fact probably didn't have much to do with the tour, but Seruxis said it so seriously that it was clear he wasn't kidding in what he said. It was honest to goddess fact as far as he was concerned. The templar glanced at Bani'Rettr, "I would say you should have a chaperon when you go into the city the first few days. A young warden or inquisitor will suffice best...we will be taking a look at the various inns to visit for food and relaxation next when time permits it,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Kyori arched her eyebrows as Bani'rettr spoke. Losing no time, she moved up to the male and looked up with a strict, defiant look. "Templar, may I remind you of our places? We are not politicians, but warriors; and warriors follow and execute orders. The refusal to do so is usually considered treason" she spoke strictly, staring into his eyes with a penetrating gaze. "I am confident your theories can be subject to discussion among those whose job is to do politics, but that is all."

The party moved on, with Kyori now standing by Seruxis's side and giving frequent, strict and suspicious glares at Bani'rettr. She did not enjoy this talking-back. It was disrespectful, and even implied a strong lack of discipline. Nevertheless, he was not her templar, so her abilities were relatively restricted compared to what else she could probably do. The comments about lingerie eventually made Kyori smile, and muse as though she had an amusing mental image.

"...Of course, if you wish to purchase such wares for your personal use and recreation, then you are free to do so" Kyori added dead-seriously. "Just stay away from temptation while on-duty, and keep the public image of the Clan at a modest and decent level." A male who wore women's lingerie was not an unknown theoretical concept to her, though she needed to admit her words were more intended for scouting than anything else.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:28 am

Bani'rettr tilted his head downwards, closing his eyes in shame and frustration at his failing. It appeared that these two were from an order that was much more concerned about the danger of half-breeds than his own. He had the feeling that this was some sort of test; a test that he had undoubtedly failed. Bani'rettr concluded that it would be best to not speak of order beliefs regarding such things until he knew them better.

"I see, warden Kyori," was his terse reply to their disapproving glances and Kyori's comment. "I shall not speak out of turn again. Do lead the way." Seruxis then spoke about Bani'rettr's prior mission to kill tainted, causing Bani'rettr to look his way again. "I don't think it's my place to request where my Judicator deems fit to dispatch me. If I am to slay tainted or guard over this place, it is the same to me as far as how I will carry out my orders."

Bani'rettr glanced over to the red light district, where whores and their johns crowded the narrow street. Thank Sharess there were no drowussu present. Seruxis' reaction to such a sight would have been something to witness, albeit best from a safe distance far from the receiving end. The younger templar gave a sigh and shook his head. "Typical drowolath behavior. They always do most of their thinking with the organs between their legs. No wonder it's up to us to defend them."

The comment about lingerie shopping caused Bani'rettr to give a rather unexpected, yet subtle, smile. Such a comment from Seruxis seemed rather out of place, as he didn't seem like the type to joke around. "I'm sure you'll have no problems with that from me; I'd have to be forcibly dragged down here by my mate, thus taking care about the chaperone. I must say that the mudskins here must have very strange tastes. Be that as it may, I doubt I have the best figure for such attire, anyways." The image of either of the present templars wearing women's undergarments was one that Bani'rettr felt was one best not contemplated too deeply.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 am

Seruxis gave a grunt, "You think I am probably kidding, but I'm telling you these things for your own safety," He said. The templar paused at Kyori's comment about buying them for ones own personal choice or recreation and gave a slight cough turning his head away with a scowl. The helmet hid his blush from sight.

"Shall we continue?" He asked, although it was a bit snappish as he moved forward, pausing to clear his throat pausing at an inn, "this inn has good pancakes for breakfast but the lunches and dinners are probably made from old dead tikis," He said seriously gesturing to one of the inns. He pointed to a second on, "And that one has the best chowder in the city although the cook has issues with his mate and keeps trying to convince me his mate is a tainted devil and impure halfbreed...she is neither so just ignore him and agree you'll look into it,"

He really didn't know why the man hated his mate so much and didn't part ways with her. But then, the woman was completely infatuated with him to the point one might call it a bit strange. Must be a darkskin thing was all Seruxis concluded about that whole fiasco.

He paused at another inn, "the food here is good but don't go in or not even Sharess will save your soul. The owner is insane, pardon my language," Seruxis said shaking his head, "Every time I went in, she asked me if I had found Sharess or if Sharess has saved me. I think she has claimed to have "saved" me from evil about seven times now...she is a bit of a fanatic..."

It was odd that someone as devoted as Seruxis would find someone else who was in his mind, a fanatic. It only scratched the surface of how bad the owner of the inn could be. Finally Seruxis gestured to another inn frowning a bit, "And don't go in that one. The damn rhinos like to linger about the area and they have no love of Kyorls. They are not above dunking a newcomer head first in a bucket water and hazing you. You have been warned,"

"...but really, none of the inns compare to Warden Kyori. She is by far the only person in this city that cooks a meal worthy of the goddess above," Seruxis said with a nod to his warden. It was the truth after all. That, and she was by far the best company to have, a good host that didn't get on one's nerves, and well...the templar stopped that train of thought right there. It was going to places that should only be thought about in private.

"Any questions so far?"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 am

As the newcomer hung his head in apparent disappointment, Kyori arched her eyebrows. "Don't fret over it" she spoke strictly, avoiding to show the slightest hint of familarity or favouritism in her tone, but a lot of friendly recommendation in her choice of words. Her eyes then rested on Seruxis, who scowled and coughed. She could guess what that meant, but this was no place for anything remarkable to be said. Instead, she merely smirked with michief, and let the two males continue forth.

It was enjoyable to observe them like this. Although she had the feeling she shouldn't have come, Kyori refused to let the idea take hold of her mind anyway. In a sense, she enjoyed the power of her sex and rank over these two: she was always the shorter, weaker one, but the ability to command and oversee others had made up with her ego. Before she lost her memory, she had probably been way worse; that was what Tar'lyn had implied, though her cousin had never spoken with particular detail about it.

"And what of you, Templar?" asked Kyori. "Do you never think with the "organs between your legs" as you put it?" she smirked. Bani'rettr was raising an interesting point, but as she and her templars here belonged to the minority group, it was perhaps better to avoid racist remarks and attitudes wherever possible. All these years, and the multiculturalism of Val'Raveran had somewhat touched her; she kept such remarks to herself and behind closed doors, as opposed to making them in the middle of the market district.

Crossing her arms behind her back, she smiled at the two taller, stronger males. Seruxis kept explaining the interesting peculiarities of Val'Raveran; and he had not yet told one-half of them. It was a small, amusing, busy nightmare in the end of the day. "Keep in mind, Templar Bani'rettr" Kyori sought to add, "there are more such examples. You will discover them in due time. Keep both your eyes and your faith as open as possible, to avoid a mishap that can tarnish the reputation of our clan as a whole" she recommended in a friendly, casual tone.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 am

Bani'rettr looked down towards the inns Seruxis pointed out, eying up the number of their clientele. “So is there any place to eat here where the proprietors aren't utterly mad?” he asked, only partly in jest. What could be the reason for them all being so strange? “Whatever the case, it seems like their idea of the cult of Sharess is very different from ours.” He didn't like the sound of that inn owner trying to proselytize some demented heretical offshoot of the Sharess cult to gullible listeners. Such things might require eventual Kyorl intervention.

The note about the other inn was also of interest, though for a reason that was a bit different. “The Vir'reska? Hm, then I'll stay clear of that place. I'd like to see them try such a move on an armed warband...” muttered the younger templar. Maybe then those hunters would learn a lesson.

“Perhaps the rest of us at the Kyorl garrison here would do well to learn from Kyori's cooking! Sharess knows that good food can be hard to come by out here,” replied Bani'rettr. It was good to see that the two were so close; it was certain that they were just as close in a professional sense as well. “I have no further questions, templar Seruxis.”

Bani'rettr raised an eyebrow at Kyori's...prurient question. “I'm surprised you'd go right out and ask me about that. Of course I have the same desires and needs as anyone else, but I certainly have more self control than most drowolath I've seen. In any event, criticism of the sexual mores of drowolath is utterly irrelevant to our mission here.” He was no fool, and most Kyorls of his order were fairly tolerant of drowolath.

Bani'rettr looked about as they spoke, scratching his chin thoughtfully. “But from what you and Seruxis have told me, this certainly appears to be an odd place. I'll have to be very alert to keep the clan's respect in this place in addition to fulfilling my other duties as a templar.” This assignment was turning out to be tougher, or at the very least less boring, than Bani'rettr had first expected.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Seruxis continued forward as the two discussed, keeping a hold of his tongue as they made their way past a large bar with loud music coming from inside, loud laughter and the clink of glasses as many a toast was given. The large sign over the inn depicted a cartoon bird of some sort holding a mug of ale. The infamous Drunken Loon was an inn that was both rowdy and distasteful and a haven for the impure. However the templar just picked up his pace slightly, glancing back, "This place is not a good place to go," was all he said.

There were no warning of death if being caught inside the place, no threats other then that simple piece of advice. Seruxis was strict...but he wasn't a hypocrite. The fact was the Drunken Loon had the best damn happy hour in the city. He and a few other templars had their excuse of going to one of the single men's home for a relaxing game of cards, no gambling, just having some good clean fun....and actually went to the Drunken Loon happy hour and come back completely drunk. The inn was the home of a number of embarrassing moments for the templar he didn't wish to be brought up, especially with his warden about. No doubt Kyori would be less than pleased to hear what "guys night out" really was.

She would also be very angry at him for what the Illhardro considered dancing at the inn, he was very positive of that. Every man had his secrets just like every woman had her secrets. He was sure Kyori had some things about herself she wanted to keep private, "We will be arriving at the city center. A very congested place and as such, tempers tend to be short and the trouble greater. Sometimes you will find that your duty is more to break up a fight or mediate a conflict. Sometimes more tricky to do then killing demons,"

The templar stepped aside as a pushy merchant moved by without so much as an apology to who he was jostling, "And you'll find that people are also short on common courtesy, but don't say a word. Be the bigger man in this case templar Ban'Rettr...no sense picking a fight over something trivial,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 pm

'Where did that blasted woman take off to?' he thought to himself as he walked around city center 'Maybe she's still mad because he said she looked fat in the dress'. She's a big girl and there off duty he told himself but Sharess damn it would be nice to know where she was and what time she would be back.

It was just then he noticed two familar faces in the crowd.

"Seruxi! Lady Kyori!"Garrus smiled and touched his tattoo on his forehead as he approached the group, "Hows life treating the two of you?" dressed in his usual templar armor with the navy blue clothing instead of the more traditional white. He liked the darker clothing, blood is much harder to get out of white clothing.

Garrus liked Seruxi but the man needed to lighten up and take a joke every now and again. "Whos your friend?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kalandrin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am

Kyori nodded to Bani'rettr, appearing satisfied by his answer. "And that is the whole point" she commented briefly. "I myself cannot be too careful to not offend this community. It is important that we work on our public relations as much as we work on our mission at hand, each and every one of us in her own little way." Crossing her arms behind her back, she continued surveying the surrounding market.

She ignored the Drunken Loon. In fact, Kyori was clueless that her templar and mate even visited this place. For all she knew, Seruxis was a model of a templar as well as individual, who inspired her to go beyond her usually hard-working self and strive even further towards perfection. This time not because of blind zeal, but because of genuine interest in the achievement. She smiled on her own, momentarily staring the Drunken Loon with a defiant stare as though she were victorious.

Not that she lacked her own secrets, of course. Like everybody, Kyori indulged in her desires, and although these typically manifested in secretly devouring sweets during the rare on-duty moment Seruxis and others weren't around, she had her own little dark secret. She stared opposite to the Drunken Loon, almost blushing at the sight of an otherwise plain, residential door with a single mana light outside it.

The temptations, the desires that door symbolised... If Seruxis knew, he would no doubt be upset for not being told of this. And yet it was so innocent, so harmless. It just was mildly improper, if you considered races, social status, and the exact happenings besides the mystical door. It was Kyori's "day off shopping", a dirty lie that embarrassed her, and tainted the depths of her soul with shame.

"I sometimes miss the Vloz'ress in this city... I think" Kyori sighed out loud as they approached the city centre. "Things were so much clearer back then. Now, we need to re-adapt our purpose to this new reality."

Garrus approaching interrupted her. The casual approach from the man in armour made Kyori offer him a silent, deep glare from her low height, before she eventually turned it towards Seruxis. As a "guest" in this tour she found it improper to reply first, but she would definitely lecture the templar as soon as Seruxis was done with the mandatory introductions.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Alric » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 am

"I understand, warden," was Bani'rettr's laconic reply to Kyori. "So, our mission here is just public relations?" he questioned. Just what were they to do here? Police half-breeds? Bani'rettr looked over down the street, where he saw a half-breed - the same one from before? - cross over the road to enter a market stall. The image of Nalavel passed through Bani'rettr's mind at the sight. It hadn't been a long time since he had rescued the halfbreed from her family in the Vloz'ress and sent her to hide among the Illhar'dro. He saw Nalavel as a friend and someone to be protected, but he couldn't shake the feeling that she wanted more from him. Bani'rettr couldn't quite decide his own feelings about her either. That was what bothered Bani'rettr the most...he feared his duty would get in the way, but he couldn't bear to leave her by herself. Bani'rettr had sworn to return some day, if only for closure's sake. The templar gave a silent prayer for her safety and well being before returning his full attention to his fellow Kyorls before him. Given their reaction to his decision about the half-breed, it would be best to keep his relationship towards Nalavel a secret.

"Hm...at least it was easy to find the Vloz'ress. If not their diseased auras and the presence of demons, their stench would serve to show us the way," spoke the saturnine Templar with uncharacteristic levity.

Bani'rettr looked over at the bar at Seruxis' disapproving comment. He usually stayed away from such places...at least that was the official story. On occasion he and friends would go down to such bars to blow off steam. Bani'rettr didn't do anything more than drink responsibly, and as a rule most of the other templars behaved themselves. It just wouldn't do to have a templar stumble back drunk reeking of whore's perfume. Still; it happened every so often, enough for the Templars and Crusaders to have a gentleman's agreement to keep such...indiscretions private among their number. "Nothing wrong with a drink or two after a hard day...but I think I'll keep that in private quarters within our camp."

The younger templar gave a curt nod at Seruxis' puzzling advice. "If you say so...but there are some affronts that no one can leave unchecked." Bani'rettr understood the reasoning for such an approach, but his Dutan'vir spirit raged at such an order. The prospect of someone insulting his honor or that of his comrades and getting away with it angered him greatly. "But for the clan's sake, I shall stay my emotions."

At the sight of the new arrival, Bani'rettr greeted him in the traditional manner and introduced himself. "Greetings. I am Bani'rettr of the Order of the Sentinel Eye. And you are?"
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Celice » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Seruxis frowned slightly as Garrus approached him, giving a salute in return, "Templar Garrus," he intoned, the meeting handled in a more business-like rather than casual manner. There was no gossip, relaxing, or talking when he was on duty, nothing casual about doing one's duty even if it was just a simple tour of the city.

He did not answer the templar's question of how things were, such was things to discuss on duty! He glanced to Bani'Rettr briefly, "He is not a friend but a new recruit to the city. I was giving him a tour of the city to help familiarize himself with the state of the city, what he needs to look out for, and the common patrol routes. Afterwards, I will be returning to my usual patrol while on duty with Warden Kyori," he said blankly, keeping his tone leveled, "I pray you are off duty if you are acting so casual in manners and in dress..."

He never understood why Garrus wore dark blue like he was some sort of...Sullisin'rune sex templar! Seruxis kept such thoughts to himself though, not one to be rude and question personal dress codes. He kept his face stoney and blank, not one to break down or show any sort of emotion when talking on duty. This was no time for pleasantries.

"Is there something I may assist you with?" Seruxis asked stiffly to Garrus, frowning ever so slightly.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 pm

"I just got off duty a little while ago and no I don't need anything." Garrus said as he looked down at his armor and clothing, and shrugged. He didn't see any problems with his dress. Looking back at the group he couldn't help but feel a little uneasy at the looks he was receiving. The death look Kyori had him seemed a little harsh, not even Aiva glared at him like that and he picks on her sometimes. He can remeber if he did something to her to warrant that.

"Its Nice to meet you Bani'rettr." Garrus greeted him back with a salute. "I'm Garrus of the Runes Order." Despite Seruxis and Kyori's frowns and glares Garrus managed to put a smile on "And you guys have a Safe tour." With that Garrus walked around the trio and went back to finding Aiva.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive