Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth Daddy Daughter Day. (Kyorls only.)

Chel'el'sussoloth Daddy Daughter Day. (Kyorls only.)

Postby django » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:23 pm

-Somewhere in the Kyorl'solenurn fortress-

After leaving the memorial for civilians and saying his goodbyes to his daughters, Gaul hated himself. How could he leave them after their mother and brother died? how could he be so selfish? why couldn't he do more for them.

He felt alone walking down the hallway. That nagging feeling still wouldn't go away, what is it trying to tell him? Coming back to Chel felt so right but the moment he arrived he felt so lost and empty. Goddess he could go for a drink right now but he promised himself he would slow down and drink when it was a good time, not when he was feeling pitiful for himself and needed to wash it away... it never worked that way any ways.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth Daddy Daughter Day. (Kyorls only.)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:25 pm

((Um, as interesting as this sounds, I'd really like to know more about what exactly the situation is.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:50 pm

(Its a semi privet thing for Rilla and me, but Kyorls are allowed to jump in if they wish. Its a the first meeting between father and daughter.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

A young warden with pale brown hair and pretty golden eyes walked hastily through an archway and up a hallway. Her hands were full of packages in all shapes and sizes. She was going to be late, late, late! It would never do. Her mother hated tardiness in any form. One of the packages slipped and fell. She cursed foully. When she bent down to pick it up she dropped several others. As they fell one snapped the delicate chain of her precious necklace, it had her real mother's name inscribed, but she was rushing too much to notice.

"Oh great." she muttered, embarrassed. Here she was blocking the hallway, scrambling about to pick them all up. "Why does she want all this stuff anyway?"

Finally gathering up the last package she moved on, failing to spot her lost necklace. She nodded absently to a passing templar. "Sorry for holding you up."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:14 pm

"No worries." Gaul said as the young warden passed him. He was just on his way to help her pick everything she dropped but she was too quick for him. 'What is this' Gaul thought to himself as he saw something silver laying on the ground, "A necklace?" Gauls bent down to pick it up "Young lady! wait, you dropped this..."

Gauls eyes widened and his body went numb as he got a good look at the necklace. Oh my goddess, he knew this necklace! This is impossible, what are the odds? he had to be sure. He turned it around and read Morriagan Cloven hoof .

It was hard not to keep the shock off his face as he stared at the necklace. As the warden approached him Gaul asked her "Young Lady, who did this belong to?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 pm

"Ah, my necklace." Sarani exclaimed, "Thank you, if I'd lost it..." Her voice trailed away. The question he asked surprised her, she raised an eyebrow "Oh, it was my mother's, why? Did you know her?" she asked, a little puzzled. "I'm really in quite a hurry." Her words were absent, perfunctory. She really did need to get back to her mother, but really the man's reaction, his expression.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm

"I did." He smiled as he handed the necklace over. "Don't let me hold you up." and calmly walked away.

When Gaul rounded a near by corner, he risked a second glance at the girl. Then shock and emotions hit him again, hard. Leaning against the wall, his legs felt like they weren't going to hold him. Breathing in a deep breath and out, trying to control his emotions, he was happy and extremely sad at the same time. This is why he came back, he was sure of it.

Morrigan had a girl, his girl. A healthy and good looking too. Why didn't he ask for her name? he knew why but something inside him asked anyways. He didn't want to complicate her life and that gave him a reason to quietly cry.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 am

"He- he knew my mother." Sarani spoke wonderingly staring after him. She'd never met someone who knew her mother, not personally. She stood there for a moment then dumped her burdens against the wall and ran to follow him. "Hey, excuse me!" she called as she rounded a corner. She nearly jumped out her skin when she realised he was right in front of her.

"You said you knew my mother right. I err, my name's Sarani'ka. If, if you could tell me about her sometime..." Her voice trailed away. She started again "I never really knew her so" but stopped. He was Crying; it was really quite disturbing. She bit her lip and made to leave. "Sorry." she muttered
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Oh goddess why did she follow me like that? Seeing a grown man and a stranger cry in the halls probely chased any chance to know her better. "My name is Gaul."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." Gaul said as Sarani'ka turned away from him, his voice clear. "I knew your mother and I knew she was with child the last time I saw her." looking down at the floor for a second trying to think of something to say. "I'm sorry you saw me like that but... I looked for Morrigan after the Nid war and I couldn't find her or the child. I thought both of you were dead. It felt so good that you are alive."

Gaul made no move to do anything to stop her. 'If she wants to leave I wont stop her' he thought to himself as he made a move to leave as well.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Sarani dithered, eventually turning back "Ah, I see." she didn't really understand "I, my mother, she disappeared during the Nid war, I was picked up at the Dutanvir fortress when I was about 10. I don't know much more than that. Could- Do you mind if I ask how well you knew her?" Her voice betrayed her uncertainty. It was just such a strange coincidence.

"It's just rather surprising to find someone here who would care enough to look. From what I've heard we weren't on very good terms with the Dutanvir."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Gaul stopped and turned around to face her. "Your telling me kid but were to start? But you are right, our clan weren't on good terms with the Dutanvir, your mother and I met at a bar called the Stumbling Tiki. Despite what our clan relations were like she was kind person and good company to have around. So we got along well."

"We stopped visiting each other after she found out she was pregnant... she would have her hands too full raising a child to go out and party every weekend like she use to." He told her part of it. Talking about this felt like Gaul found an old treasure box he buried somewhere for years and dug up. All those memories.

"I could go on forever kid but I don't want to hold you back if your busy with something. If you want to talk again talk again, I'm staying at the Corner Stone Inn. And dont forget to bring your guardian with you. I got nothing to hide."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 pm

After listening Sarani nodded thoughtfully. The guy seemed honest enough. She smiled at him. "Well thanks -" she paused for a moment before adding "Gaul wasn't it? You're right, I really should get going. I'll be sure to come talk to you tomorrow then."

She rounded the corner, hoping her guardian wouldn't be too angry at her when she got back. "The Corner Stone Inn, The Corner Stone Inn, The Corner Stone Inn..." She muttered, to make sure she'd remember it.

((nearly time for a timeskip maybe?))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:42 pm

(Oh yah.)

"See you tomorrow then." Gaul waved good bye to her. He didn't know what to think about this, a few moments ago he told himself he would be better off not knowing her but at the same time he always wanted know.

He guessed it was one of the quirks of being a father.

Gaul probely had one of the best nights of sleep hes in a long time. No dreams and he woke up feeling great, its a good way to start a day.

Sitting himself at a table in the corner stone Inn. He wore some plain white clothing, a short sword on his belt and a pouch full of sealing stones. He never knew when he might be called to action.

Eating his breakfast. Gaul was thinking on how he was going to tell Sarani about her mother, he would be as honest as possible but one thing bugged him, what if she asked about her fater. Would he just tell her up stright? He guessed he wouldn't know until he got there.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Sarani'ka had been thoroughly scolded when she got back. When she finally did manage to get a word in edgewise and finished explaining why she took so long. Her foster mother had seemed only mildly appeased. Sarani'ka couldn't help feeling rather baffled at that. She had also insisted she go to the Inn with her the next morning, which rather annoyed Sarani. She was old enough to look after herself **** it!

They walked into the inn, her mother was geared up ready for the patrol she'd have in a few hours and looked rather formidable. Sarani looked significantly less so; she wore a white dress and paint stained smock. Oh, and of course her sword at her belt. You never leave your sword behind after all. She looked around for the templar she'd seen yesterday. She spotted sitting in a corner pretty quickly, after all the guy was big. She walked purposefully towards him. Her guardian followed her in cool silence.

"Hello again." She said with a broad grin sitting down opposite him. She secretly drummed her fingers against her leg under the table. The hell was she gonna show she was nervous. Her foster mother stood glaring at him for a while before sitting next to her. She didn't give her name but Sarani didn't notice.

((Sorry I've been busy so I couldn't post till now))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 am

Gaul couldn't believe he was sitting here across from his long lost daughter, It was like something from his dreams. He was glad to see Sarani'ka's guardian with her, he didn't want to appear as a kidnapper or some kind of sickco.

"Well hello again yourself." Gaul smiled back at Sarani eager face. "You must be Sarani'ka's Guardian, My name is Gaul." He held out his hand to her. Despite the glares Gaul kept a good attitued about it. He was happy... more then happy, thrilled to see she had somebody watching over her that care as much as this woman dose.

She was reluctant but she did shake his hand and gave her his name. (I don't know her name.)

Gaul started with some small talk with her Guardian, leaving poor Sarani'ka out of the blue for the moment. Eventually over a cup of tea she opened up to him and stopped Glaring at him. He took this moment to turn back to Sarani'ka, "Tell me Sarani'ka, what would you like to know about your birth mother."

(Lets say he answers all the little questions off screen but keep the big ones on screen.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive