Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth Daddy Daughter Day. (Kyorls only.)

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth Daddy Daughter Day. (Kyorls only.)

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:52 pm

((Now I've just got to think of questions *omfg* ))

She listened to them talk a while, feeling the pressure build up inside, she had sooo many questions to ask. But when he asked her what she wanted to know they all flew straight from her mind. When she finally did manage to open her mouth the first questions were well exactly what you would expect really: What was she like? Do I look like her? What did she do? and so on. He answered her questions well enough. She was eager to know and kept asking and asking.

After she ran out of questions along those lines she changed the subject. "This might sound silly, but you sound like you were really close so I was wondering, you said you didn't see her after she got pregnant. Why was that? I mean I get that she wouldn't be out partying but still. You just don't cut all ties with someone for no reason right?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby django » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Gaul knew it was only a matter of time before she would ask him that. Gaul took a moment to himself to think on how to answer that hard question. "Its because it would have complicated things between me and your mother." It may not have been the best approach but he wouldn't lie to her either.

"Your Grand mother would have disowned you and your mother if she found out Morrigane was pregnant with a kyrol. And... I didn't want to complicate your life or your mothers by seeing you two any more."

Talking about Morrigan reminded him of all the women hes been with Cea, Yanti... Morrigane. For a kyrol at his age that felt like alot to him.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun May 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Stunned would be a good way of describing Sarani'ka and her guardian.

Elanoa (her guardian) was the first to speak. "Are you suggesting you're her father!" her voice just got louder and louder until she was shouting. "You disgusting male how dare you, what on earth do you think you're doing-" She was standing her hands heavily on the table leaning over him.

Sarani cut her off touching her hand to her arm"Mother, please! I, I don't think he's lying."

"Nonsense he's just manipulating you. Sharess knows why." she snapped at her.

Sarani's protesting and tugging on her arm persuaded her to calm down a little but she still said "If you're lying I swear I'll-" she struggled to find a threat bad enough. "Castrate you, then send you to the inquisitors."

"Mother!"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Sun May 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Gaul knew he had to remain calm but goddess damn, little prepares you for an explosion like that. Sitting still, he waited for a chance to explain or at least prove hes not after her.

"I don't know what to do that would prove to you that I'm Sarani's father but if Morrigan wasn't seeing anyone else at the time. That would put Morrigan at 30 years old or at the oldest 31."

He initally didn't want to have this meeting, he didn't want to disturb Sarani's life but she wanted to know about her mother. How could he say no to that.

"I don't want anything. Thats why I asked her to bring her guardian with her here because I was a father and I know whats it like to raise children. I know what its like to worry about them and I knew any good parent wouldn't want there children to see strangers by themselves."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm

"I'm not a child! I wish people would stop treating me like one." Sarani snapped, glaring at both of them. Sharess what is it with overprotective parents "And yes I'm 30-ish years old, we're not exactly sure since I was so young when..." She turned to her guardian her temper flaring without reason. "Anyway I don't need you here! Don't you have a patrol soon?"

Elanoa was hurt, not that you were likely to realise it. Not unless you knew her well. One was more likely to interpret it as anger. The warden turned to the girl her eyes flashing "Yes, as it happens, I do. We will have a talk later." she turned back to Gaul touched her hand to her forehead and stalked towards the door. The effect rather spoiled by having to weave through tables and a waiter nearly crashing into her.

She had reaally done it now. she couldn't help feeling guilty. "Errm weeell. This is going better than I expected, but still kind of badly. I'm really happy though, I wasn't expecting to meet one of my real parents today." she fidgeted a little, then sat up straighter an earnest look in her eyes. "You've convinced me if not my mother. I doubt someone trying to manipulate me would go to such lengths to avoid saying they're my father."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Well she's differently young and a little head strong. He couldn't help but feel sorry for mom, she had Sarani's best interests at heart. "I'm glad to hear that kid. I didn't want to say anything out of the blue like 'Sarani I am your father'. Nobody would have liked that." He was glad she asked him, saved him the trouble of trying to figure out something.

Gaul waved the waitress down to refill his drink. "Please don't get too mad at your mother, she just doesn't want to see you getting picked up by strangers and getting hurt." he didn't tell her but he really wouldn't like her seeing strangers either if he was in her place.

"You hungry? because I haven't eaten yet. And it seems like we have a lot of catching up to do." Gaul must be dreaming, he couldn't believe hes sitting infront of his long lost daughter. "So you got any boy friends that need to meet daddy?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun May 08, 2011 9:22 am

"I guess, I know she means well but I'm not a child any more you know. It gets annoying to be treated like one all the time" she voiced the words reluctantly, pouting a little. "I can take care of myself. If someone did try to hurt me they'd have a job..." She knew that she was sounding childish now and that just annoyed her more.

The idea of eating something cleared things from her mind immediately though. She smiled. "I'm always hungry. A bottomless pit you might say." When he mentioned boys though? Oh Sharess! She burst out laughing. "Nope, never had time. I've been really focused on my studies. They only get in the way anyway." She gave a wicked grin, eyes sparkling.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue May 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Gaul smiled as he waved over waitress for some menu's. "Its on me Sarani's you can get anything you feel like."

After having there food delivered, Gaul dug in. He thought about talking about Sarani's brother and sisters but decided not to because he didn't want to talk about that he had an affair with her mother as he was married* to another woman.

The more he thought about that dissension, the more he accepted it. It was wrong to cheat on Cea and if he could go back he would stop himself but if he didn't... he wouldn't have Sarani here with him. Its good to know he has a child again. He just wished he found her after the Nid war, perhaps things would be different.

"So what are your plans later today?"

*Soul mate
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Sarani grinned. "You should be worried. If you're paying there's no need to hold back my appetite." Not that she would really eat him out of house and home of course. One plateful would be enough... she hoped. She ordered a reasonable amount of food and obediently dug in. Shovelling the food into her mouth at top speed. She cleaned her plate in less than a minute, licked her lips and looked up.

'that man in front of me... he's my father' she thought vaguely, staring at him for a moment before looking at her empty plate 'Still hungry ~ He looks far away, what's he thinking of... Mother maybe? ~ Maybe just the food... It's good ~ it feels good. Talking to him.' He startled her out of her thoughts by asking her if she had plans.

"Not really. I was going to paint but I can do that any day. I adooore painting, I do it at any and every opportunity" her eyes lit up and she raised her hands when she spoke of it, a sure sign that she was going to chatter on about it. Sure enough she did. 'Enough loaded conversation today methinks.' Her stomach grumbled, she laughed half embarrassed. She really was a bottomless pit. Hollow legs is what her mother called it.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 pm

"You like drawing huh. That cool, I don't do much drawing myself." Gaul said before finishing his plate. "Do you feel like you can stomach some desert? and after that what do you say we head to the market? I have a few thing to do and get."

* * * (Unless you have something else in mind?)

The market was busy with the afternoon rush. Although not dressed in his armor Gaul was still armed and ready for anything "So your a warden in training and what should every demon slayer have on hand?" He stopped in front of a blacksmith and turned around to face her. And before she could answer him he held up his gauntlets to her "These."

"Gauntlets with sockets for sealing stone. Rather then fishing in your pockets for a stone its right in the palm of your hand. It will save your life and keep your purity in check. And today your getting a pair on me."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun May 22, 2011 12:26 pm

The market was, as usual, busy and bustling. Sarani enjoyed the atmosphere, she looked around her with interest. There was always something interesting to be found. "My training's pretty much done actually. I'm just waiting to be assigned. I might be waiting a while." She stared at the blacksmith's as her mouth opened to answer but didn't get the chance to get any words out. "Gauntlets huh." She grinned, a little awkwardly and stared up at him. She could feel he wouldn't take no for an answer. "Hey thanks! I'd ask what the occasion was but." She laughed. "I'll paint you something later if you like." She could at least do something back. Even if she hadn't very much.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm

"Paint me something? Sweet heart You don't have to do that for me." Gaul smiled back at Sarani. He didn't want anything in return, a thank you was enough. "Call it a graduation gift then."

Gaul walked into the black smith and was greeted by a voice "Gaul! long time no see, how are things?" A dirty female drowssus working at an anvil.
"I'm not too bad yourself Nina, I glad to see your still up and about. I've come in to get my Daughter fitted with some sealers Gauntlets."

"Brooke, you got a customer!" Nina yelled towards a back door and a girl who's a little older then Sarani came out. "Brooke is my apprentice and she'll take of your Daughter."

Gaul and Nina started talking like old friends catching up while Sarani gets fitted.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 am

Those two clearly knew each other well. She turned to the apprentice, "Brooke wasn't it? Pleased to meet you." She said politely. She still felt vaguely uncomfortable with the present but it wouldn't do to show it. Being addressed as his daughter also felt rather weird, but in a good way.

"Yes that's me." the girl replied, eyeing her hands critically before picking out several pairs. After some time she spoke up again. "there you go. Some excellent quality gauntlets. Perfect fit."

"They feel... Surprisingly comfortable." Sarani answered flexing her fingers experimentally. She turned back to Gaul, a rather childish grin on her face as she raised her fists to show. then felt a little embarrassed 'Acting like a little kid, honestly' she thought to herself
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 am

"Whoa careful there." Gaul pretended to shy away from her as she showed her new gauntlets "For a moment there I thought you were going pop me one and take your old man out." He smiled as he kidded with her. He remembered the first time he took his son to get a pair of gauntlets. Good times. "Ah lets see." he faked a groan as he turned back to Nin. "How much do I owe?" "Dont worry I'll cut you a deal."

After paying Nina Gaul turned back to Sarani. "Well what do you wanna do now Kid? Walk, Shop. I'll leave it up to you."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive