Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Searching for a sister (Surface Privt)

Re: Searching for a sister (Surface Privt)

Postby django » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

"Ah the horse is fine But we'll take a break once we get up on the surface." Mae looked down at the horse who trotted along without complaint. Good horse. "Yah its getting lighter here, the suns probably up and about."

Mae can smell the fresh air too and it was nice. The people she was with on this trip are also more pleasant to the ass holes she works could be working with. "Pass me up a water skin up here, I'm dying of thirst up here."

(I'll let one of you guys do the surface entrance.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kithrune » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 am

As he passed Mae the waterskin he saw it.

The chamber was so bright it dazzled his eyes at first. as they adjusted he saw the ever present rock stop before him, replaced by gravel and then by grass, or what he herd was called grass.

even the stone was different here, smeared with fresher dust than the streets of chel.

"Hey Ree, you have to see this! Were here!"
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:07 am

"Ooh, it's beautiful! It's just..." Rilla'me exclaimed, her eyes were watering slightly. There was grass and when she looked further up she saw a darker leaf or a pretty little flower peek out of it every so often. Just the sight of it made her want to bounce out of the wagon and jump up and down like a little girl. She restrained herself with difficulty.

"I can't believe It, it's so green and gold I mean, I'd heard it was but I couldn't believe it."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Mae sat back and smiled. She liked watching her friends in awe, it gave her a good feeling. Like she gave them something they'll never forget. Who can forget their first trip? First time mae went to the surface it was raining, thundering and lightning. Other then being cold and wet, it was pretty neat for a first time.

"Pretty awesome huh." Mae turned in her seat to face them. "Where gonna stop and have lunch." She said as her stomach rumbled a bit. "You guys will wanna have a look around any how. You might as well get it out of your system."
She then parked the wagon by a small hill with a single tree.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 am

It was only when Mae mentioned lunch that Rilla'me realised she was actually rather hungry. She looked forward to stopping and stuffing herself. When they stopped near a tree though, a real living treeThe idea of eating fled from her mind .she jumped out of the wagon and reached out to touch the smooth treebark, It was a fairly young tree she could tell, it hadn't been there for more than 20 years.

She sighed, "Beautiful, just..." There were tears in her eyes. She just kept repeating herself "This is just, I mean," She brushed a hand across her cheeks to brush away a few stray tears and stepped away from the tree to look around her, the view was astounding, a small silly laugh rang through the air. it took a moment for her to realise it was her own.

"To think people think the overworld to be a dead, dangerous place, I mean does this place look dead to you? Its just teeming with life."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:23 pm

"It is beautiful, but beauty can hide danger. I hear the orcs breed like crazy up there. I herd the halme females can have a litter every year."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 pm

"It got better." Mae couldn't have said it any better. "Human and orcs can have a child or two every year or so. Some females came have up to ten to thirteen children in their forty to fifty year life span." She said as she frowned at the wood she was trying to light.

"Somebody get me the pot... Fucking peice of timber... while I do this." then she finally she lite up a small fire. "There. Any ways keep your eyes out for ferals, I've read a recent report that a small group of raiders and adventures were met with a mob of ferals. A long story short, a fight happened and most of the ferals were rounded up and taken into slavery by some cats that were in the area but that doesn't mean they got them all."

She then placed a log onto the fire to get it going for some stew. "I don't think we have anything to worry about just, keep an eye out for danger is all that I'm saying."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 am

"Really? They can have that many kids so fast? That's just weird." Rilla'me shook her head, humans were strange creatures that's for sure. She jumped up to fetch the pot, continuing to listen. She rummaged around for it. before finally exclaiming "Found it!" She carried it back and dumped it next to Mae before speaking.

"Huh, watch out for Ferals yes mam" she grinned at her before staring around her alertly. She was just being her usual silly self so when she saw smoke in the distance she blinked in surprise. Staring hard to make sure it was really there she decided it would be best to mention it. Mae might get annoyed if she didn't. "There's some smoke over there." her words accompanied by a wave. 'Probably nothing' she thought.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:42 pm

"They sure can." Mae answered Rillas question while she filled the pot half full of water and adding other important thing to make a soup. She raised an eye brow at Rilla "Really? Lets take a look." She said as she got up to take a look for herself.

"Well it looks like a fire to me. It could be anyone in this area, raiders, traders, humans, you name it." Mae wasn't too concered herself "Just keep an eye on it and our fire low for the time being. I dont want any unwanted attention if I can help it but if there close enough they'll send a few people over to check us out."

Some time later, Mae spotted a couple of well armed drow make there way towards there camp at a leasurely pace. "Well figures, it looks like a couple of Val Nal'Sarkoth guards." Despite good relations between the clans, Mae hated them greenie bastards. Since she joined the highlanders she would have to race against them to get to best relics.

"Ho to the campsite." The larger female called out. "Ho to yourself, what brings a couple of Greenies our way? Come on up and share a fire."

While the Nals approached Mae turned to her companions "Nothing to worry about, there just checking on us. Just keep an eye on them in any case." they are strangers after all.

"Greetings I am Lily and this is partner Tae." The large female bowed and introduced themselves.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:29 pm

She couldn't say she was worried about the two guards, if anything inclined to think Mae was slightly paranoid but she didn't say it out loud.She did roll her eyes though, she'd always liked the Nal'Sarkoth, even though they were terrible opponents to go up against when it came to haggling, perhaps that was why... In any case, they seemed friendly enough, not likely to try to mug them or anything.

Rilla'me got up from where she was sitting near the fire, stirring the soup. She inclined her head politely with a smile for them before introducing herself and her friends. She finished the introduction with a friendly "Want some soup? There's plenty." She waved at the potfull.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Wed May 04, 2011 10:26 am

Lily smiled and motioned her partner to take a seat by the fire, "Some soup sounds good, thank you."

Mae took a seat by the fire and had some of the plain stew in a metal tin cup. "So what brings some greenies out here?" "Oh just checking out our neighbors, following orders." "Hmm. I see, how are the humans acting up this season?"
"I heard a nearby kingdom is offering a reward for anyone to bring in Elves of any kind in. I haven't seen much of that on this end buts its worth keeping an eye out for."

"Thanks for info." Mae nodded. "So what brings you guys up to the surface?", "Nothing that would interest relic hunters." Mae said plainly but honestly "Taking my friend here to find somebody." she didn't think Lily needed to know who exactly but she didn't seem overtly interested in it.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 pm

((Finals have been brutal, more posts should be coming))

Di'onte gave the two gaurds a quick once over. they looked capable but gave no hints of agression.

He walked over to the fire and helped himself to some soup. Flashing the two his practiced smile he attempted some idle conversation/ intel gathering.

"So whats your crew up to? Hunting monsters or some untold treasure prehaps."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 am

"Oh you know. A little of this and a little of that." Lily shrugged her shoulders and smiled at Di'onte.

Mae knew knew she wouldn't talk directly about what she was doing around here but she may be aware of some highland raiders in the area. "Lily you wouldn't happen to come across some Highland raiders in the area recently?" "Hmm, not much. There was a group heading along the river road. Other then that I couldn't really tell you how far they took it."

"It helps." Mae tipped her cup and sipped on the soup. 'Don't forget to say thank you' a little nagging voice said in her head. "But thanks for the info thou. "She wiped her mouth with her arm before continuing." Damn her Sarghress manors sometimes.

After the Pair Finished there soups they stood up to leave. "Well thanks for the soup guys but we need take off and report to our commander. Good luck with your trip and happy hunting."

"You too guys and take care of yourselves." Mae waved them off. Damn greenies, cant mind there own F-ing business. Once the pair left Mae turned back to her group "After we finish our meal, we should get our mount fed and take off too. Were burning day light."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 pm

"The river road hmm." Rilla'me muttered she'd been watching the two Nal's with friendly eyes, now they narrowed slightly her eyes wandering away from them as she thought, 'It could be them. I do so hope so' she snapped out of it when Mae wiped her mouth on her sleeves. The wolf reaally didn't have any manners.

She waved goodbye to the two guards as they left. and answered Mae with a "Yes of course. I guess we're going at quite the relaxed pace really. Can't imagine your raiders often travel this slow."

((Exams coming up which is why I've not been online much. Probably won't be on regularly for a while))
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Mon May 23, 2011 9:04 pm

"Yah its slow but don't take it as a bad thing." Mae said as she climbed up the wagon to take a seat to drive.

After everything was packed up, Mae started to move the wagon towards the river road. It was five hour trip away from the hill but the river road was nothing more then a dirt road that followed along side a calm river. "About a few days from here if the reports are correct, the raiders are heading to a small town. They'll probably stop and spend some time there, planning and preparing kind of thing. That will give us some time to catch up. You can also get meat and fruit real cheap up here."

"I plan to get some hickey smoked jerky." That thought made her hungry. "I should stop talking about..." It was then something caught her eye... a feral hidding in the bush. It was an odd looking thing, its coat had the color patter similar like a skunk.
django
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive