Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Searching for a sister (Surface Privt)

Searching for a sister (Surface Privt)

Postby django » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Mae walked around the wagon, checking the supplies one last time before they took off for the surface. "Yes... yes... yes. Alright everything that's on the list is here." Mae muttered to no one in particular as she checked off the last items on the clip board.

"We ready to go yet?" She turned to her companions.

(If you wish to join, just ask by PMing Django, Rilla Treespirit or Kithrune.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Searching for a sister (Surface Privt)

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 am

"Stupid, stupid knots" Rilla'me grumbled, tugging at them irritably; one of the shoulder straps of her old bag had broken earlier, fortunately there was a relatively easy solution: buy another set and replace them. So now she was trying to get the old straps off her bags and of course the knots just had to be impossibly tight. She pulled out one of her daggers, gingerly tried to cut the knots and promptly cut herself. "Sharress!" she spat angrily and sucked the cut it to stop the bleeding. The cut wasn't very deep and the bleeding stopped quickly, thank goodness.

She looked up when Mae spoke to them, "Almost, just got to finish attaching these new straps."

'Of course I could just dump it in the wagon like this and do it later' she couldn't help thinking, No; what if she needed it in a hurry?
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 pm

amor, check. sheild, check, sword, check. bamf companions, check.

Di'onte was exclerated, there was the horse, there was the wagon, and there was the surface. they say the main room has no roof at all. he had to see this.

"Mae, we ready to roll?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby django » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:33 pm

"Yep were ready to go." Mae said to Kithrune before turning to Rilla, who seemed to be fighting with her bag... and winning she hopped "Ah uh, so I see, you could have asked for a new bag, we have enough ada to get you a new one you know."

Mae took her seat at the drivers seat "I'll take the first shift driving. Its tricky driving underground with this thing and I know the way there. So ha."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 pm

"7es I know but I don't like wasting money, not when it's just the one strap you know, it'd be a waste. You don't through away a whole outfit when you lose your matching hat do you, you just buy a new hat. Well certain noble circles excepted, I suppose." She said thoughtfully. She finished tying the last knot and tried it on. "There," she said adjusting the length slightly. "all done." She put the bag in the wagon and grinned up at Mae in the drivers seat, "Aye, you'll see us safe to the surface then." she grinned.

She smiled at the Ilhar'dro. "Hey Dee! I can hardly believe we're going to the surface, can you? I can't wait to see it for myself!" she chattered on not giving him time to reply "They tell me you get water falling from the sky - They call it rain or something - whatever sky is anyway." She mused, pausing a moment "It's supposed to be something above our heads. Maybe like the ceiling up there? It's supposed to change colour too. So night and day is different. I haven't asked Mae though, it'd spoil the surprise."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 am

Di'onte wanted to keep (what he thought was) his standard smooth demeanor but it was hard to not act like an excited school boy at a time like this.

"Yeah, and i herd that they have the huge lake thats so big you can't see the other side or swim to the bottom! And theres tons to eat. I hear some of the goblins will give you 20 pounds of meat for a handful of gold!"

slowly regaining his composure he put his focus back on business.

"If theres a place to make the money for that clan its up there. I've never seen a poor trader. Just a few that were missing a limb, but thats what Mae and I are for."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Mae leaned back in her chair and listened to them talk about the surface. Like a bunch of exited children going to the fair, Mae thought to herself. She was more then happy show them the way, Mae had to admit she liked the surface too or she wouldn't be in the highland raiders.

"There is one things I'm going to spoil for you guys." She turned in her seat and waited for the both of them to pay attention "When we get up top, there is this great ball of fire you may have heard about. Its true, the locals call it the sun and it keeps the surface full of light half the time. Do not look directly at it, it will blind you if you stare at it for too long."

"Oh yah one more, don't eat or touch anything without asking me first." Mae then shruged "And thats about it. When you ladies are ready we can head off."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 pm

"A Big, ball of fire? That's real?" Rilla'me asked hesitantly "That's always freaked me out you know, what if we get too close and it burns us or something?"

"But yes, I'm ready, and you'd better be too Dee! Or we'll leave you behind ok!" She teased nudging him before running towards the wagon. She pulled herself up and into it, sticking out her tongue at him. Then promptly forgot and started to hum a tune under her breath.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:31 am

"Why thank you sir, i'll take my seat now."

Di'onte ran into the wagon, playfully shoving Rilla'me, forgetting he was in full plate armor.

"sorry, its so well made i kind of forget its on sometimes. Here, feel it your self Ree."

Di'onte took off his gauntlet and handed it to her.
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Getting shoved hard, and hitting the wall of the wagon hard, the wagon rocked slightly. it should not surprise the male that he got an angry response "Hey, be more ******* careful would you! That hurt you know."

'How can a person possibly forget they're wearing that stuff?' Rilla'me thought irritably as she straightened herself and rubbed her throbbing elbow. She didn't answer him but took the gauntlet from him and examined it. It was very good quality, but that didn't surprise her, he was an Ilhar'dro after all. She tried it on curiously. It was slightly too big but surprisingly comfortable. "Ok, so it's comfortable, but there's no way you could just forget you were wearing it." She said, handing it back.

She glanced around her, fortunately the equipment was well packed away so nothing was broken. "Sorry about that Mae." She said, leaning out to her, instinctively apologising. "Hope that didn't scare you or the poor animal too much"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 pm

Mae's eyes widened as she heard the Rilla get pushed, "Hey! cut that shit out!" she frowned at the two of them, more towards Di'onte, "God, its like having a bunch of children around." she shook her head.

"Yah, its alright I guess." she looked back to the horse "Hes fine, I doubt that would shake up the horse... and if it did we take him back and get a new one."

Mae then turned to Di'onte and raised an eye brow "Forget? hope thats not made out of a aluminum tin can or nothing, or your gonna feel it when you get hit. Full plate warin bastard, you may have it form to fit you but let me assure you, you'll smell like ass after some hard work and it wont be pleasant." she said with a knowing eye.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

"Hmm, yes that's one advantage I have over you isn't it Dee? I don't wear horribly sweaty, heavy armour for weeks on end." Rilla'me teased him, her eyes dancing. She shifted, trying to find a more comfortable position. "Dibs on driving once we get to the surface." She cried jokingly.

"Since we're all ready let's just go right Mae?"
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 pm

"Right Oh. Lets get this cart going." Mae said as she got the horse going.

"Another hour and we should be to the entrance to the surface." Mae said over her shoulder. The air was getting crisp and fresh, it was a sure sign it was good weather... she hopped. The roads have been really pleasant, nothing really interesting other then some other Travelers coming back.

"How are you guys holding up back there?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:01 am

"I'm good!" shouted Di'onte, idoly examining his throwing daggers, checking the blades for knicks and polishing each to a mirror finish. again.

"You need anything!" he put the blades in the small sheaves behind his neck, fumbling with plated fingers, making sure not to knick his neck or cut any hairs.

"Is the horse ok?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 pm

"Same," Rilla'me called in a vaguely muffled voice, she'd been dozing, always ready to take any opportunity for a nap.

She stretched and sniffed the air, it felt different, colder and cleaner than ever before. It was like she'd had a cold and her nose suddenly unblocked. It smelled differently too.

"Another hour and I'll finally get to see it. I can barely wait." She moved, her leg asleep. "Is it just me or is it getting lighter here?" She called up to Mae.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive