Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

OOC - Shoutout: Kyorl'solen'urn Plot

Re: OOC - Shoutout: Kyorl'solen'urn Plot

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 pm

My warden's name is Wae'rah.

Perhaps going off Reva's idea, the group of Vloz'ress in Val'Raveran may have summoned a demon capable of removing the rubble that trapped them inside and one person has been sent as a runner from that group to the Vloz in Chel'el'sussoloth for assistance? We may be able to intercept them or halt Vloz'ress movements. Or somesuch idea. I'm not good with plot ideas
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

The first post has been updated with the character names and sheet links. Please post your links and character names, so I can update it accordingly. For the record, Kyori is in Val'Raveran.

Concerning storyline plot, I wish to avoid pitfall traps if possible. Let us not make assumptions and pick fights with everything that has red eyes; yes, it might be the motivation of the Kyorl'solen'urn, but we have politics to consider, and I would also like to avoid fanboyisms of the "Sharen are evil/bad/mean" category. We should have a finite, determined and clear storyline with obvious goals that result in certain side-effects for what surrounds us.

Here are some possibilities:
  1. A caravan of Kyorl'solen'urn set out for a pilgrimage to the surface. The team adventures to the surface and back, facing various hardships and difficulties in the process.
  2. Recent raids of the Black Sun have been affecting Kyorl'solen'urn caravans. A party sent to investigate, or a group expected to arrive any time soon, is over a day late, and aid is sent from Raveran's garrison.
  3. In recent times, rumour has it that there is a hidden Ver'drowendar presence in or near Raveran. Patrols are dispatched to investigate and purify the corrupt and the tainted by fire and steel.
  4. A wave of killings has struck the drowussu community of Raveran or Chel'el'sussoloth, with some notable drowussu commoners recently found brutally tortured and murdered in various parts of the city.
They are preliminary plot hooks, but it is something we can start with. Perhaps we can nevertheless form two or more groups and, instead of playing out a single, bulking adventure, we can play out two or more sub-plots that might be interconnected somehow, at the discreet of the Game Master of the story lines. Of course, as this is a mainly social roleplay, it will require roleplay effort by player characters to discover possible links between seemingly separate incidents.

Perhaps we could form the two or more groups (three or more characters per group, optimally one character per player overall) and set out on the two different storylines, led by a single game master who only intervenes for moderation and interaction with significant non player characters?
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Kail'odian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 am

Kalandrin wrote:Perhaps we could form the two or more groups (three or more characters per group, optimally one character per player overall) and set out on the two different storylines, led by a single game master who only intervenes for moderation and interaction with significant non player characters?

What I said earlier was just a generalization about what Kyorl's do on a regular basis. Personally, I'd rather a specific story to play in, and I'm liking your ideas Kalandrin. Out of your possible ideas, I really like your #4, and #'s 2/3 are interesting too.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby blackshade10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am

Yeah, #1 I'm less interested cause most RP threads tend to go that way it seems. 2-4 seem fun.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:29 am

I'm liking the possibility of a Kyorl character. I'll see what I can make up, but don't wait for me, it may never happen. By the way, what's an inquisitor again? Any requirements for being one?
Last edited by DeadPigeonGolem on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 am

Please check the world setting pages.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:55 am

Gaaah, I can't find anything about the Inquisitors. I must fail epically. Regardless, I'd probably play a templar either way, but it'd be nice to know...
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Kail'odian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 am

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:Gaaah, I can't find anything about the Inquisitors. I must fail epically. Regardless, I'd probably play a templar either way, but it'd be nice to know...

Try here, DPG.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 am

I like 2 and 4 :)
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby django » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 am

I also like the plot ideas of number 2 and 4.

Garrus viewtopic.php?f=82&t=13949&start=135

Gaul viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4322&p=588903#p588903
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Reva » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Reva
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

2-4 sound great. I think I've done the first one before :p

Here's Bani'rettr's character sheet
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Fivemarks » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 am

Hopefully, my Templar will be approved soon, if you won't mind me joining in, respectfully.
Fivemarks
Nether Seed

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 am

Aeidran, you've been approved already. Thalar said that you could start after you changed his age, which you did, so you're cool.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Fivemarks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 am

Aeidran

I also like options 2 and options 4.
Last edited by Fivemarks on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fivemarks
Nether Seed

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive