Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! Out of Character

Re: Shrooms! Out of Character

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:44 am

Reva: GO GO GO.

BladeDancer: Maah... I'm really sorry but I cannot accept you into the RP at this time (though considering that a certain member happens to be ABSENT CONSTANTLY, this may change within the next two weeks or so). She does not bring a terribly large amount of new skills into the RP and would probs be lumped into the "Assault" team, of which we have, like, five people (Elth, Rev, Blick, Zicks, and Jan). However, I reiterate all previous statements about your character being quite excellent. There is a possibility that when this story concludes (When we return to Val'Revaren), you may join up, as the roster will be open for sign-up again, so don't get discouraged! You might have to wait awhile though.....
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Reva » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:32 am

(Jeez Django, Elth, it's like you're TRYING to die. As punishment, here's a crossbow bolt in the arm.)

Heh, everyone wants cool rushing-into-danger rescue scenes XD And now I suspect that I'll be turned into a pin cushion.

Reeds, when you post, can you state if I can already reach your position?
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 am

Still targets are less notable then targets that are running and shouting. SO STAY QUIET.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reeds » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Sure thing lemme get some more muse for Umrae'sin.
Reeds
Tainted

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby django » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 pm

I think were waiting on you Reeds.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Reeds, I am seriously considering removing you from play if you can't get back into the game. This is supposed to be a daily post RP, not a bi-weekly RP, and certainly not a bi-monthly RP. You will either need to post in the next 24 hours (IE: Post before or at 3:20 PM, US Central Time), or I will remove you from play.

And yes, Zickman doesn't post much either, but he also is able to play in such a way that he remains relatively isolated from the action (or posts a massive post that resolves a lot of the problems of him not being around), so it's not as serious as having Umrae'sin, the Lynchpin of the current plot, be inactive for multiple days. Either way, the last time you posted was the ninth of February (in the US) and the one before THAT was the 19th of January (again, in the US). You cannot post once a month if you feel the need to repeatedly put Umrae'sin in craptastic situations (being stung by poisonous animals, stranded in the middle of a field and having to be rescued, etc.) that more capable characters (by this I refer to those characters in the plot which are capable of extracting Umrae'sin from whatever trouble she happens to be in) need to get her out of.

It is unfair for those that CAN follow the schedule to wait needlessly for you, because you should be able to follow the schedule since you signed up for said schedule. Life happens, but if you have a life that keeps you from getting into character once a day, then you should find an RP more suited to your situation.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reeds » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 pm

You know what, I'm just gonna drop out. Since my whole life is actually busy with moving again, planning my birthday, uhh getting a job I really have little time for a roleplay that's this fast paced I like to set my own speed. I am not some kinda hardcore mook roleplayer, I like it casual and slow.
Reeds
Tainted

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Reeds wrote:You know what, I'm just gonna drop out. Since my whole life is actually busy with moving again, planning my birthday, uhh getting a job I really have little time for a roleplay that's this fast paced I like to set my own speed. I am not some kinda hardcore mook roleplayer, I like it casual and slow.

Aww, Umrae was good character in the party... We had everything for drama tr- quadruple motion thingie. Not sure how it works though...

But hey, not forcing or begging here. Just saying, good luck with all the stuff there, and sad everyone else here (...wait, only me, Pigeon and django spam this) is such a hardcore all-the-time player.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Reva » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah, Umrae was a good character to play with. Perhaps we can organize a more casual roleplay one of these days.

Now I'm a bit confused about what to do... Just a suggestion, but DeadPigeonGolem could avoid wasting the whole scene with some tie in with Zick's part. Or maybe not.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:23 am

Unfortunately, Zicks is being too sporadic to adequately tie in just now. I will figure out some way to remove Umrae'sin from play in a suitably dramatic manner, give me a sec. Reva, Garrus, I hope you don't mind if I control your characters just a bit. Luckily, this scene can work without a woobie. Hm...

Right, here's the plan.

1. You all spot Elk making a raid and decide it must be safe enough to chance running back.
2. It isn't.
3. Umrae'sin is shot in the back, killed instantly when the arrow ignites.
4. Aiva'hil is hit twice, Garrus four (from trying to shield Aiva like the chivalrous drow he is) but they yank the arrows out before they can ignite. Cue much angst when they see Umrae'sin dead on the field when both reach the cart.

Any objections? No responses will cue a post by 8:00 PM US Central Time.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 am

Delaying post due to a lack of reasonable warning. Two hours is definitely not enough time. Sorry. Reva, Django?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 am

Not very sure about the first part, might be my grasp of English failing again, though.

For one, isn't Elk trying not to be seen with his camo-sorcery? I'm not sure how seeing (???) him would make us assume we should just start runing back when there are explosive arrows on the air. Also weird because we are separated.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:33 am

Bah, I fail. True, you wouldn't see him. Hmm......... *goes to rework the plan*
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Zickman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:56 am

Sorry for the infrequent posting guys. :(. Final year of high school is hard. I was really considering dropping out of the roleplay myself because I really do not see my posting situation improving anytime in the near future....
Zickman
Summoner

Postby django » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:57 am

It looks alright to me. Even if it will break poor Garrus heart, in short "Not again..."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive