Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Re: Shrooms! (Private)

Postby Reva » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:48 pm

((DeadPigeonGolem, go see my post on the OOC thread. I think there might be a single denominator for this, but we have to find out which.

Don't cry, man, who will torture our characters? :A ))
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 pm

((You could also mention if Aiva'hil is down with Detir's somewhat vague plan of action, Reva.))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Elh'vir looked around, checked bit of the landscape, and knelt on the ground, starting to draw on dirt with his finger.

"Okay, so reality is that we can't get into that town with out forces. That is plain impossible. I'm not gonna die, and I'm hell making sure Prince doesn't fall either. I recommend myself that we send the cart to move on to a direction, and scatter up into different directions. Their normal archers shouldn't be able to reach us, and those ballista will probably aim at the cart. If somebody wants to be suicidal, sure, ride on the cart and make sure we don't loose it. You probably end up dead, but you should have small chance.
If by chance we succeed, we should meet up near that rock formation there"
- Elh'vir points out at larger visible rock pile in the view, maybe a kilometer off-"And re-think our plans totally there."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 am

Suddenly, the viewscreen glitches and white lines in a 3-dimensional coordinate grid appear across the world.

"ERROR: DESYNCHRONIZED" reads the onscreen message. "RELOADING IN THREE. TWO. ONE."

----

The Party stopped on a hill about 200 yards from the village. All was rather dark and creepy looking.

"Right then, ladies and gents," said Detir, pulling over to a sheltered area by the road. "That there is the village. Here's a map for reference:

This map is oriented with south as the bottom edge and north as the top edge. We will be entering, if we follow this road, by the southern Main Road. Our main objective at the moment is to secure the Inn and the Mayor's Office/Mansion, both of which are highlighted in yellow. It is likely that the fungus we're looking for has been collected and stockpiled in these locations, as the Illhar'dro received one shipment of one kilo of 'shrooms before contact was lost with the village. It was later determined that the village had been abandoned after the villagers came back tattered and disheveled, saying something about not enough food and such, but they didn't bring any 'shrooms with them. I hypothesize that they had planned to do so, but there simply wasn't enough room and they left the 'shrooms then promptly forgot about them. Hallucinogens are of little use, after all, if you have neither the resources or the skills to get there. We, of course, do have said resources and skills. Of interest are the Watchtower to the south east of the Village Square and the Village Guard Station to the south of the Village Square. They probably have several weapons we can loot and sell for a small profit and might have more information on any stockpiles of 'shrooms around the village. They will probably also have good maps of the surrounding area, which we can use to find more, fresh mushrooms.

The fungus we will be looking for is the Su'lum'ar fungus. I have a picture here:

This fungus is known for its incredible sleep-inducing properties. While it is true that many fungi have the capacity to cause you to fall over unconscious or dead, the Su'lum'ar is unique in its ability to, in high doses, somehow put you into an death-like coma, rendering it impossible to tell if you're dead or alive.

In moderate doses, the Su'lum'ar fungus can make it physically impossible to wake up for up to seventy-two hours and create a perfectly dreamless state where time and space do not exist and the consumer of the fungus is able to completely regain their mental and physical strength.

In small doses, this fungus will cause a person to fall asleep for approximately twelve hours and has been known to create vivid and pleasant dreams in that interim.

The Su'lum'ar Fungus is also known for its healing properties, accelerating blood clotting, cellular mitosis, and the production of red and white blood cells, as well as the repair of minor to moderate brain damage and minimization of severe brain damage.

Needless to say, the combination of intense healing properties and intense sleep inducing properties makes the Su'lum'ar highly sought after on the markets of Chel'el'sussoloth, and hence very expensive to buy. And very profitable to sell! The going price, when I checked before we left, is about 80 ada a kilo, but it has been known to climb up to 140 ada a kilo and down to 20 ada a kilo. It all depends on what the Val in Chel want, and pray to the Goddess that they want a lot of Su'lum'ar.

While we're in the village, we should keep an eye out for any randomly growing fungi. The Su'lum'ar fungus grows in areas with three key traits. First, the area must be dark and heavily shaded. Second, it must have at least a moderate source of seed mana, the fungus creates its own once it gets started. Finally, the area must be somewhat damp. The third factor is a given, since we're in endless mist. The first and second are most prevalent under beds, especially beds pushed up against the wall. Since the village should be relatively abandoned, save for any stray dogs or some such odd critters, we can probably break in and loot to our heart's content. When doing so, check under the beds for any fungus, we want as much as we can get.

My plan is to send a recon party out first to ascertain that yes, the village is indeed mostly abandoned ((this time, it actually WILL be mostly abandoned)). If this is true, the village inn should be a safe place to park the cart and use as a central meeting place until we need to move.

Now, are there any questions?"

((REBOOT WOO!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Re: Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Postby Reva » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 pm

The warden stretched her limbs. No amount of guard duty would make her confortable with not moving for so long.

- Hm, very well... Tell me, Detir'nah, do you know anything about the previous inhabitants of the town? The situation you describe sounds awfully unusual, even if your guesses are correct.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Elk cracked his neck a bit standing up and leaning against the frame of the wagon. He glanced at the Warden as she asked her question, nodding.

"Good question. I'd like to know more too."
Elk agreed, listening intently.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Re-balancing his blade with repaired blades, Elh'vir leaned to his back in front of his finished work and laid there, relaxing a bit. As much as the space allowed, that is.
"What the Prince said. There is no demon-spawns, raiders with overly sized siege weaponry or similar things in the surroundings?"

((...sorry, had to make a bad pun there))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

"Perhaps they had a run outbreak of the plague that killed enough villagers to send the rest running." It was hard for him to ignore the fact that most, if not all the population abandoned this town. For one reason or another. "If this town is abandoned, we should watch out for anything that might have moved in." wild animals and such.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:43 pm

"Well, I personally don't expect much. While it's true that there could be something resembling plague that drove the villagers out, that wouldn't linger after the bodies all decayed. And it's been about three months since the last colonists came back. Su'lum'ar fungi preserve well, the crates are probably full of dried 'shrooms. Regardless, the true reason they were driven out is likely not around anymore unless someone opened a nether gate in the village. And if THAT happened, you'd have felt it by now, Aiva, Garrus. What information the villagers shared generally seemed to express a deplorable lack of food in area. And, as you might expect, shipping food there would be very expensive.

I do remember hearing about a small glut of Su'lum'ar a while back, but this was likely only enough for the Val who funded the colony to get a decent return on investment. It was determined that it wasn't profitable to go to this village and recover any of the mushrooms, as this would require manpower and wagons and such things. However, our operation is small enough that we can make a decent, if not very good, profit, and my funding is a zero-interest loan that I don't need to pay back.

Back on topic: there should only be a wild animals in the area, and even then not a lot. Surveys haven't found anything particularly large or deadly in the general vicinity. The nearest danger area is 20 kilometers to the north, it's apparently a cave of gigantic maggot like organisms that suck the blood out of your body. You can probably expect nothing more then a few stray pet tiktikki sized animals in there. It is conceivable that exiles from Val'Raveran or Chel have settled here, but it's exceedingly unlikely. The place is too far out of the way when there are so many excellent caves in the area around Raveran and Chel. And besides, we'll be sending in a recon team. Speaking of which, any volunteers?
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:45 am

Aiva listened closely, nodding:

- Sounds safe, but that remains to be seen. It's a very unique situation, you'll have to agree. The land doesn't appear barren, I wonder what could have destroyed a whole city's stock of food so quickly. Maybe the crops were damaged by some kind of plague or fungus, instead of the citizens.

To the wild guess about people from Raveran and Chel being around she answered promptly:

- Hopefuly we won't find any "exiles" from last month... - When she moved from Chel to Val'Raveran, the orientations obviously mentioned the extermination of all tainted in the city, but she honestly doubted a sizeable number hadn't escaped.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Garrus thought on it for a moment, perhaps it would be best if a recon team check the place out before bringing in the wagon.

Exiles... Garrus thought unlikely but it might be possible that one or two tainted exiles escaped to the surface. But what would be odds. "I'll check the town out." He offered as he turned to Aival and Detir, "Wanna come and back me up or do you want to stay with the wagon." Garrus asked. He would never tell her to stay behind while their might be potential danger, even if he would rather see his warden not in any danger.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Eltharrion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 pm

"...Garrus, sorry to sound bit rude, but you're not the type we expect to be able to scout well"
Elh'vir made a small nod toward him and made bit circular movements over himself, like tracing an invisible armor on his chest.
Then, he jumped out of the wagon, whirled his blade in small arch and coiled it around his armored right arm.

"But oh well, if he-she and Prince don't say anything against it, what can I say? At least try to go bit different way, ya know? No point both of us luring every enemy to us..."
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

- I'm afraid he's right, Garrus. Walking silently on that armour would have been a feat. - She was wearing plate armour herself, but the one usually worn by the templars was just one step behind "turtle": big, bulky, tank-like.

She jumped from the wagon, joints still complaining a little. She waved her index finger at the templar jokingly:

- And don't you suggest that I might leave you wandering on your own. Who knows what idea you will get.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 pm

"Elk, you going with?" asked Detir, pulling out a small block of the Underworld equivalent of cheese and cutting off a chunk. "Also, anybody want some cheese?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:29 pm

((BLACKSHADE))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive