Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Re: Shrooms! (Private)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 am

Said dark figure poofed into smoke and disappeared completely.

"My, my.. such poor manners," a voice like that of the finest spider silk, yet darker then the dark side of the moon, said softly in Alderic's ear. "And here I hoped a drowolath could be more noble...."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Eltharrion » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Elh'vir spun his blade furiously, even for a moment after the enemies vanished. Then, slowly, he realized something had happened, and the pure surprise of the situation made him swing his blade harshly in wrong direction. That was another deep cut to his face, covering his left cheek with dark blood.

"Really, wha- why- wha- za- Where did they go?!"

Even with all his training, experience and everything, it took Elh'vir few moments to gather himself back up from making weird faces and gestures of confusion with his hands.

"...Okay, we should go, regroup and fall back to cart. We need a plan, FAST.
Prince... Um... You still there, breathing, nothing bad happened?"

Elh'vir looked around rather embarrased, not really sure if he could look up to his commander face-to-face in this situation...
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Reva » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 am

((I'm back }:3

So, we'll assume that somehow, at some point, Aiva decided to return to the wagon to make sure Detir was allright and covered him during the assault. Or whatever.))

The warden frowned grimly as the mercenaries retreated. There was a more than comfortable chance that they would have won. The thought wouldn't leave her mind until she was reassured it was safe.

- Can you see them, Detir? Are they all there? Injuries? - At the same time, Aiva'ihl concentrated on her mana vision, trying to make sure the mercenaries weren't just hiding on the fog once more. Enough of ambushes for today.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:05 am

"Bah, the bandits retreated into the alleys," said Detir, sweeping the village. "I've no clear shots at all, and I'd need something that fired at many times the speed of sound to kill anyone if they peeked out for less than ten seconds. As it is, I've no idea where they went. Elh'vir is hit and burned pretty bad, but Garrus and Elk are unscathed. Umrae'sin took cover somewhere, and I can't see Alderic. That's mildly worrying."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Zickman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:02 am

The figure poofed out of existence before Alderic could reach it. A goddessamn illusion! He gritted his teeth in frustration, he so needed to beat in someone’s face. It would make the perfect distraction. To Alderic’s extreme annoyance the voice still continued even though the figure had vanished.
“Let’s cut to the chase,” Alderic snapped. “You don’t want to hurt me because you could have done that while I was unconscious.” The realization came to Alderic a tad too late, but oh well. “I’m in no mood to prance words with fucking shadows. So what do you want?”
Damn! He could no longer here the sound of combat but he could hear footsteps and murmurs coming in his direction. Way too many footsteps to be his companions. The sinking feeling in Alderic’s chest heralded that in a few minutes life was going to get much worst.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 am

Elk watched the enemies retreat, staying behind his cover in the alleyway. "Fall back to the wagon. Stay behind cover." Elk ordered, quickly moving back toward the wagon, doing exactly as he had just said. As he arrived back at the wagon, bits of blood(fortunately not his) splattered on his armor and sword, he glanced at those present.

"This is not normal. They could've over run us, but instead they flee. Why?"
He asked rhetorically, looking to the village again.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby django » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:33 am

Garrus strapped his sheild to his back for added protection and started to move. Hustling from cover to cover, the group was left alone, with no one pursing or shooting them.

Making it back to the wagon, Garrus was relived to see Aiva and Detir safe and unharmed. "Thank goddess you two are alright." Garrus said as he opened his visor, walking towards Aiva'hl "I feared they came around and attacked the wagons. Halting their attacks on us only because they got what they wanted."

He felt terrible for leaving Aiva behind, but someone had to stay with Detir.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Reeds » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:41 am

Umrae'sin was alone and never, had she felt so terrified in her life. where was garrus and Aiva, Detir, elf and Elh'vir. Gripping her staff tightly in one hand, she pulled herself up and unsheathed her arming sword. While she had no formal training with such a weapon, she still knew how to at least swing, stab and block. In short, she knew the bare bone basics. "Gotta get back to the w-wagon. P-please Sharess, don't let anyone that isn't Aiva or Garrus see me." Stepping out from the little side alleyway, she quickly made her way towards the wagon, her staff making a dull, heavy thud in the dirt as she quickly hustled her way back towards them. Praying to Sharess that she wouldn't get spotted by a bandit.
Reeds
Tainted

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Reva » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm

The auras became more clear as the concentrated. Detir over here, the Val just in front of them... The other one must be the mentaly unstable companion of the Val. Walking towards them... Umrae? Better pick her up, the girl did have the worst of luck. Alderic was nowhere to be seen. Opening her eyes before she realized she had shut them, Aiva jumped from the wagon.

- Alderic disappeared, do you have any idea of what happened? - Of course, Aiva'ihl did had the impression she knew what could have happened, but she wanted to be optimistic for the moment. As awkward the conversations with the drowolath usually turned out, she didn't wish him ill nor dead.

- ...I can feel Umrae'sin over there, I'll be back shortly with her. - The drowussu advanced in rushed steps, her mace still in hand just in case she had missed an aura or a goblin jumped out from the fog. As soon as she appears on the line of sight she'll signal for her to hurry and join the others.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Withdrawals were always freaky, but in this case, the purpose of the random withdrawal was worse.

"INCOMING!!" shouted Detir, diving off of his vantage point as what appeared to bolts from a gigantic crossbow screamed through the air and slammed into the ground. Fire foci, carved to make them unstable to high impact forces, unleashed fireballs as they hit, sending stones and earth flying as large craters were ripped into the ground. Luckily, the Cart's hiding place was well protected against such blasts and the bird had been tethered to a hard point. She wouldn't be going anywhere.

----

"Oh but we DO want to hurt you, drowolath," said the voice, this time from right in front of Alderic. The shadows bled off the wall and coalesced into the form of a small drowolath female, hair dark-brown from what appeared to be dried and matted blood. The rest of her body was covered in sheets of pure shadow, and she appeared to be naked beneath it. "We want to hurt you, and we want to make you SCREAM." And then a lance of burning, acidic shadow speared Alderic in the arm, making the flesh hiss and bubble as it melted and dripped. (Sorry Zicks, but for purposes of torture I'll have to take small amounts of control of your character)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:18 pm

Elh'vir had made his way to the cart following Prince, dodging any possible openings for clear shots of bolts. He had had his deal of them already.
When he got back to the cart, he managed to point out "It's nothing serious", when Detir's shout cut him short.
Taking immediate momentum, Elh'vir rolled over to the opposite side of the cart, taking cover from the falling stones and dirt and pulling out a bandage, starting to roll it hastly over his leg's wounds. He really needed to be able to move.

"Fuck! They WANTED us to retreat so they could pin us down! Now there's no way we can get there without a dozen bolts stuck in our flesh-"

At this point, Elh'vir realized a simple thing: Aiva and Umrae were still in the open!
As this day couldn't get worse...

"I go pick them up! Detir, I need cover! Shoot anything you see that isn't us moving up there!"

With this said, Elh'vir pulled up a hasty mana shield with both hands, lifted it over his head and dropped his main blade next to the cart. No point trying to swing the snake around. Then he rushed up to the open, heading straight to where Aiva had disappeared, dodging any leftover stones in the air and possible incoming bolts or similar things.
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby django » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Umrae'sin! she didn't come back! now Garrus really felt sick with guilt, how could he forget her. Aleric on the other hand... "Wait for me Aiva'hl! it's too dangerous to go a-" Garrus shouted but cut short at the sight of the giant cross bolt crashing into the ground a short distance away.

It looked like he wasn't the only one with the same idea, Elh'vir was among them. Garrus could only guess that even the crazy drowssus's still stuck togeather. Garrus closed his eyes and focused his mana vision, yes he can see Umrae'sin, hold on girl were coming.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:11 pm

"Damn it! Damn it to Char, Nagyesced, Hel and back!"

The bolts flew through the air, one way too close for comfort. Aiva covered herself with a mana shield and ran towards Umrae'sin. Then she realized she was being followed by Elh'vir.

- Stay back! You are injuried and if anything happens I won't be able to shield three at the same time! - She appreciated the concern, but one could see the guy's legs were in bad shape. If his mana run out or he fell they were basically screwed.

Then an idea struck. The mercenaries were using the fog to hide, but they weren't the only ones who could do it. If she grabbed Umrae and managed to bring the fog to cover them with sorcery, then at very least they wouldn't be obvious targets in the open. Aiva gritted her teeth, leaving the weapon on its resting place so she would have a free hand. Even if it worked perfectly, she probably was on for the effects of mana drainage later, but right now all she could think of was how to survive the next five minutes.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Garrus had to make up for lost ground and ran, he couldn't leave either of his clansmen alone out there with Mercs possibly moving in on them. They haven't shot their ballista again, it must take time reloading. Garrus's heavy armor slowed him down but Garrus pushed on, it was practically his second skin after all, he spent long day of patrolling the streets in this.

He heard Aiva talking to Elh'vir, he must have been more wounded then he remembered, Garrus hopped to God he didn't have to carry him out of here.

(I'll wait for the others but I forgot to put he was following.)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:16 am

(Jeez Django, Elth, it's like you're TRYING to die. As punishment, here's a crossbow bolt in the arm.)

*fzzt*

A crossbow bolt zipped past Garrus' guard and slammed into his armor. Thankfully, the thick armor served to keep it from penetrating flesh. Unfortunately, this was one of those fire arrow things, and it immediately burst into white flame, heating the area up to somewhere in the vicinity of boiling point (which is, of course, painful). After seeing Elh'vir's little display, the mercs apparently decided that spamming him with arrows was an excellent idea, as more bolts began to rain onto his position.

(RUN CHILDREN!!! RUN FOR COVER!!!)
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive