Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Re: Shrooms! (Private) (Closed)

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

-Begin Dramatic Violin Music-

There was the sound of a thousand rustling, leathery wings, the squeals of 500 small animals being killed painfully.

Out from the nearest buildings came an ominous black shape, amorphous and shifting.

It was...

-Record coming to sudden stop-

...just a cloud of bats. Somewhere, a feral dog or two began barking. There was otherwise no response. Lucky you!

Elh'vir remembered some of Detir's words just then: "...check under the beds for any fungus, we want as much as we can get..."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 am

((Reminder of the existence of this thread. GO TO THE OOC and say hi!))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 am

((Triple post to reboot plot!! Insert timeskip here))

It was now growing somewhat dark. The more warlike members of the party had searched the village, finding very little sign of habitation. Either whoever was here had left a long time ago, or they had an enemy that REALLY knew how to cover its tracks. A few kilos of fresh Su'lum'nar had been gathered, but the real motherload had been a growth of the stuff in the cellar of the Inn. The ale and wine had been too heavy to carry back, and the rot had subsequently burst the barrels, spilling nutrient rich liquid across the floor, forming a perfect substrate for the fungus. Detir'nah had headed down with a lantern to harvest the stuff, leaving the rest of the party milling around up stairs.

"Hey, if anyone wants to help though, that'd be LOVELY," said Detir. "I'd recommend staying within a few seconds sprint of the inn if anything goes wrong, but feel free to loot the houses too. We can use every ada we can get."

((If this clashes with any previous backstory, assume a retcon unless the clash is EXTREMELY important))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Reva » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 am

- Sorry to disappoint, Detir'nah, no looting on my part. I can help you with carrying that, though.

Aiva'ihl approached the Illhar'dro, looking for a container to gather the last pieces of their overworld harvest, but still alert. Things were particularly calm right now and for that exact reason the warden was waiting for all to go downhill, call it pessimism or not.
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 am

Garrus stood nearby the wagon, keeping an eye on the surroundings while they prepared the wagon. It was hard not to be mesmerized by the sun falling in the distance, he always wandered 'where did it go?' and 'what did it do after night fall?'.

Things were quite and he hoped it stayed that way. He wanted to lay on the grass and stare at the stars. Looking back at Avial, he thought he'd take the second or first watch, let her sleep until the last watch. Wardens liked that right? Aggie did. She might not thou, she gave him a talking too about Templars leading the way all the way earlier.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:27 pm

((Grapevine tells me that Eltharrion and Blackshade are both hyper busy with finals and somesuch, so we'll assume they went looting))

"Well then, Warden Aiva'ihl, shall we head down?" asked Detir grandly and unnecessarily. He opened the door to the cellar and headed down, basket and mushroom knife in hand ((assuming movement to new area)).

The cellar glowed in an ethereal light, the Su'lum'nar fungus so heavily clustered that you could actually see by the glow. "Beautiful isn't it," said Detir, grinning broadly and inhaling the pungent tang of decomposing plant matter. "It's a good thing we got here when we did, the ale kegs appear to be decomposing pretty rapidly. In a few weeks, the fungus would probably be half dead. On the other hand-" he waved at the support beams "-they may have moved to the support beams holding the building up. THEN the place would have collapsed and we wouldn't have any mushrooms at all."

He bent down at the foot of the stairs and cut off a 'shroom. "See the stripes here? Typical of many luminescent mushroom varieties, easily confused with the highly toxic De'lui'nas mushroom that will put you into rapidly degenerative coma. But the distinction is in the stalk..."

Detir began rambling as the continued harvesting, putting the fruiting bodies into a basket and expounding joyfully on the distinctions between various mushroom species and the uses of each.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Eltharrion » Tue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm

With the initial checking of village done, Elh'vir got down to business in more detailed fashion. Systematicly checking buildings, locating anything more worth of taking with him, stuff like that.

((take time, call him back, whatever. I tell what he found when it comes up))
Eltharrion
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 am

((Any response, Reva, Django?))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed May 11, 2011 7:02 am

Turning away from the sun Garrus walked backed to his Wardens side. The Small human village didn't have anything speacial to take.

He didn't say anything as he approched. He just quitly walked up to her. "So are we going to camp in town? or are going to go find another place nearby?" He asked them both.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Reva » Tue May 17, 2011 7:01 am

Aiva followed quietly, listening to the boy's lecture about mushrooms, leaning closely as he showed a small one, striped and with some sort of bioluiminescence. She amused herself with the idea of planting them as mana-suficient lights. With decorative value too. She'd just have to keep Detir out of her apartment lest he eats them all.

It was at that point that Garrus arrived.

- Well. The abandoned state of this village can atract animals, halmes and who knows what more. That if, Sharess forbid, the Black Sun didn't pass through before us. Perhaps we should move on, unless you are all too tired?

(Sorry guys, my computer's screen isn't working for some reason. Thankfully I still can hijack my sister's, ha!)
Reva
Vel'akar

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

"The inn should be fine, shouldn't it?" asked Detir, a large mushroom in his hand. "We cleared all the rooms, so we can probably sleep in there until we're ready to go. Besides, I need a large, well ventilated area to string up my mushrooms to dry them. As you can imagine, mushrooms don't transport well when they're still wet."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue May 24, 2011 12:19 am

Garrus thought about the inn. "hmm, I don't know. This town rubs me the wrong way." It was hard not to feel the silence this town brings. He wasn't afraid but he imagined he'll have some trouble sleeping in this town. "I don't like the thought of staying here any longer then we need to be. People dont live here for a reason and that doesn't sit well with me."

"I can push on for a better place. Even if I lose a night of sleep just getting to one while the rest of you sleep in the wagon.

"A few hours drive from here there were a few spots I saw while we were on the road."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue May 24, 2011 1:31 am

"Mushrooms, Garrus. I can't transport the mushrooms unless they've been dried," said Detir, setting a basket down at the foot of the stairs. "They'll rot, and this expedition will have been for nothing. Perhaps we could dry the mushrooms for now, and move as soon as they're transportable?"
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive