Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

The Surface: D'ulkunde (private)

Re: The Surface: D'ulkunde (private)

Postby Phoenix0995 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:22 am

Tallau'wa watched all this, drawing her bow and nocking an arrow onto the string as the figure dropped from above, and lowering the bow, but not putting it away, as the figure resolved into someone that all the others seemed to know. She kept quiet; introductions could be made later, if at all necessary.

After Durlyn gave his opinion, Tallau'wa spoke up. "I agree with Durlyn. Besides, I don't really think that this Aly will retract her offer anytime soon, so we can avail ourselves of her services later if we need to."
Phoenix0995
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby django » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:11 am

"Aye Sir make that three" Trinita agreed with Durlyn and Tallau'wa. He noticed their guide was moving further into the halls. Something told Trinita that she was bothered by something but he didn't say anything about it, he didn't really know her at the moment to tell.

He sheathed his sword seeing no reason to keep it out at the moment and nudged his commander to bring his attention to Hindrvitni moving forward "Sir I think we should get going".
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Alric » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 am

Vithar didn't need to listen to the advice of his subordinates to make his decision. He was the leader, after all. "We already have a guide, Al'yena. Our commander tells us she's a very good one, even. So, if you've been here before, tell me exactly how you can help us out, and why we should consider paying you a cut of our reward in return?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. This job would earn them plenty, and Vithar didn't see the need to have a superfluous aid who would take from their reward without giving much in return.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get going with Hindrvitni. This city ain't gonna loot itself," said Vithar as he walked after Hindrvitni. "Feel free to come along. Just don't get in our way." Shaking his head, Vithar walked up beside Hindrvitni. "Well, at least she's from an allied clan. I don't see any reason to pay her, what with the expertise between the five of us already here."

Until that moment, Vithar had been straining his brain to think of when he had heard his guide's familiar name before...she had been connected to his son somehow. A sudden flash of a fairly recent memory brought it into clear view. Some time ago, Vithar's mate Kle'lia had told him of the letter she had received from Tur'geis in which their son told of meeting Hindrvitni, and how the two had subsequently fallen for each other. Kle'lia was irritated, to say the least, at the prospect of Tur'geis mating with and even impregnating a drowussu. Vithar didn't terribly mind Tur'geis' choice in a lover much...thought she wasn't a drowolath, at least Hindrvitni was a Sarghress, not one of those Kyorl'solenurn (and she wasn't hard on the eyes, Vithar had to admit). Hel, Vithar himself had been with a Mae'yukir female before some years ago. Besides, Kle'lia had wanted Tur'geis to go about giving children to clan members...she never really said that they had to be drowolath, did she?
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:11 am

"Not to mention that H'ladna would have our heads mounted on spikes if we did." Vitni voiced her opinion with a wry smirk. "If she were to find out that we did do something so rash." The drowussu woman finished her sentence with a two-faced tone as if to leave others wondering if she was serious or not.

Continuing her machine-like march away from the others she went on to give te commander a brief explaination on the place. "These hallways had been flooded for quite some time now. They've been drained....recently. And while H'ladna wants your squad to look for loot, commander, I am here to both guide you and figure out where it has all gone and if there are chances all this will go underwater again." Waving her free arm infront of her she motioned to the hallway walls, only decorated by the simplest of mana lamps. All long dead of course.

"It doesn't look like much -here- but the walls of the lower levels have quite intricate designs. This level was used for storage. There's nothing left here but empty rooms." As she spoke the group passed a number of large metal doubledoors, all left ajar with nothing but darkness within.

Tilting her head to the side, Hindrvitni finally dared to look anywhere but forward. "Sir?"

"Something on your mind?"
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:46 pm

"So this place was all underwater until recently? And it might flood again? Whats the source of the water?" Durlyn asked their guide, curious as to how this massive ruin had been submerged in the first place, and very much interested in avoiding being drowned like the original inhabitants once were.

He was glad they were gonna follow the original orders given to them by the higher ups, if they needed the fox woman's help later they could get it, otherwise no sense in wasting good ada, especially when whatever the Qin'dalesue had faced they too as Sarghress soldiers could do the same. He seriously hoped there was indeed loot down here to warrant the possible danger they were in.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:42 am

"You Claddurden think kinda slow, don't you?" joked Vithar in response to Durlyn. "If anyone wants to live here, or conduct any form of operations here, we'd best make sure that the flooding isn't a common occurrence. Having several tons of water rush through the streets of your hometown is a sure sign of the beginning of a real bad day. Sounds like the higher-ups have plans for this place. It'd be an excellent place for an outpost right on the surface where we can live." Vithar looked around...the storerooms were plain as usual but he wondered how the more elaborate interior of the city held up to the flood. If the city had remained untouched, there would be much of worth, and if the Sarghress were to claim D'ulkunde, then, well, there wouldn't be a need to loot it, would there?

Hindrvitni's question caused him to look back at the drowussu. "Hm? Just wondering how you met my son. I received letters home from him talking about you. You seem like quite an interesting person...it's not everyday you see a survivor of the Dutan'vir clan," he spoke as he followed her past the empty storerooms. Vithar figured that engaging in personal small talk wasn't exactly appropriate to do at the moment, but it gave them something to do while they traveled deeper into the city.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 am

Trinita chucked a little at Durlyn expense. "Wouldn't it be cool though if we could control the flooding. Imagine if your group is trapped in an outpost like in here and you fell back to a safe zone. leading the ooh... lets say group of orcs farther in and then flood the rooms." Trinita looked around the halls again. "And then we just let the water out and all the orcs flow back into the wild." He finished with a big dumb grin. "No orcs, no mess, equals safe wolves."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 am

The woman's ear flinched at the familiar sound of her clan's name. Not Sarghress, but Dutan'vir. So, Tur'geis had been quite the busy writer. "Yes, he did write a lot. I assume he still does?" It was more of a rhetorical question on her part. "Good."

Hindrvitni paused for a moment before picking up on the conversation again. "How did we meet? Through common outposts, between missions."

"We had a thing going on for a while." Key word being -had-, she thought. "I apologize. You don't seem too fond of drowussu, it must have been a shock for you and your mate to find that he had been sleeping with one."

The hallway before the group was coming to an end, finishing in a half circle with five doors. Hindrvitni furrowed her brows at a scratch above one of the doors to the right. "Now that's not right..." Stepping closer she stood up on her toes, bringing her mana light up to the offending carving. It was an image. An eight turned on it's side, depicting the rolling hills of the surface in one circle, and the jagged ceilings of the underworld in he other. It was the Nal'Sarkoth symbol.

"Fuck" They were already here.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Maria » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:44 am

((Oi! What's with the silence you guys? *hmmm* ))
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby django » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:15 am

(Im sorry, I was waiting for the others.)

Trinitas face snapped to a more serious tone as he turned to their Drowssu guide "Whats wrong?". His eyes scanned the dark but empty rooms, expecting a fight on their hands.

Putting a hand on his sword and his ax. But then he saw it "No way they beat us here!" Trinita cursed to himself, lets hope they didn't find anything before they did.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Durlyn checked to see what their guide and Trin were getting upset over and cursed under his breath when he saw the Nal'sarkoth symbol...But then grinned broadly at the thought of a fight on their hands, though in the back of his mind he knew getting into a fight with people from an friendly neutral clan probably wasn't such a great idea.

"So what now? Keep going and hope we either don't run into the greenies or there's enough loot for all of us?" Durlyn inquired, keeping his thirst for battle in check for the moment.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Phoenix0995 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:44 am

Tallau'wa saw the Nal'sarkoth symbol and muttered a creative insult under her breath, then responded to what Durlyn said with, "Or both. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean that we won't go to the same places they do. And it seems they got here before us; who's to say they won't do the same for other places in this city?"
Phoenix0995
Summoner

Postby Alric » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 am

Vithar nodded as he listened to Hindrvitni speak. "No need to apologize to me. I admit I was wary at first, but after listening to Tur'geis speak about you, I soon reevaluated my position. You seem like an alright sort and it wasn't as if he was sleeping with a Kyorl or something." Vithar couldn't exactly place Hindrvitni's age, but she had to be a fair bit older than Tur'geis. It was clear from the look in her eyes that she had suffered greatly in life.

"Tur'geis loved you dearly. He told me that you had lost much all those years ago, and that he knew that his presence in your life helped to ameliorate that. He seemed a little sad after you two broke up." Tur'geis never really told Vithar the particulars of why they weren't currently together, changing the subject as soon as it was brought up. Vithar had thought that Tur'geis just didn't like to talk about why he and Hindrvitni went their separate ways, but perhaps Tur'geis didn't really know the exact cause.

A sudden oath from Hindrvitni caught Vithar's attention to the Nal'sarkoth engraving. "I swear...these Nal'sarkoth are like a bad itch you can't scratch," muttered Vithar. "Looks like our job just became that much more difficult. Keep a look out for anything they haven't gotten their hands on yet."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Trinita hated shareing Ruines with other groups. Thankfully they didn't have anyone with a uncontrollable temper in the group that might do something rash.

He wanted to look on the other side of the door badly to see how far it goes on but it was tight enough with the five of them and pushing through everyone isn't going to get him anywhere.

Turning to Tallau'wa "They probably to one direction, probably the right. At least that's what I would do in this situation, Hopefully we find some signs on where the greenies went and go the other way." Tallau'wa was a quite person, perhaps she'll open up the longer shes with the group.

Trinita hopes that nothing decided to find a home down here. He's a little on edge after the Ferals nearly surrounded and killed him. He didn't sleep well either.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:13 am

((Sorry about the wait))

Thrusting herself into the dark space of the marked entrance, Hindrvitni flew down the steps with quiet feet. Every once in a while she nearly slipped in her hurry. Her ears subtly twitched to the beat of the others behind her as they followed. Her neck turned and she opened her mouth to speak but no noise came out. She found herself falling instead. Tripping, and tumbling face-first onto the bottom stairs and the welcoming floor after them.

The drowussu guide remained in a daze, taking a moment to regain her bearings. Had something at the bottom of the stairs not caught her gaze she would have noticed the newfound trickle of salty warmth pouring from her nose. The small crimson path was a stark contrast against her pale complexion.

At the bottom of the stairs was a large traveling pack, like the ones issued to the raiders though this one was evidently Nal’Sarkoth. Picking her sore self off the floor, the bloody-nosed raider shuffled over to the pack. With a few tugs she gingerly opened the pack; it was filled to the brim with dark elven summoning stones. They were sure to fetch a good price but –where- were the Nal’sarkoth?

Hindrvitni waited until the others joined her before speaking, and even then it wasn’t really addressed to anyone. “Tell me…is it normal for Nal’Sarkoth to leave their gear sitting around like this?” She could taste the blood on her tongue now.

---

This hall is filled with designs all over the walls mimicking the flow of waves, 2 large doors, one on each side, are clearly opened. Even the ceiling is decorated with designs of its own though these are not waves but faces. The faces above the group seem to be smiling but further on down the hall they are distorted into faces screaming bloody murder. The hall seems endless and there appears to be some sort of misshaped mass on the floor further on down.

((Pick what you want the group to do or where you want them to go.))
Maria
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive