Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

The Surface: D'ulkunde (private)

Re: The Surface: D'ulkunde

Postby django » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:50 pm

"Trust me Trin, I know what you mean, but still, lets try to avoid any bloodshed unless absolutely necessary...I'm eager for a good scrape myself, won't deny it, but politics can be a real bitch, especially when Vals and their relations are involved. If we can beat them to the prize and get back out again, that'll be enough for me"

Trinita was a little frustrated "Damn it. I dont wanna fight with greenies and thats not..." He sighed and was going to continue but was intrupped when he heard his name being called out.

Turning to a drowssu highlander carrying their gear. Hindrvitni Mae'yukir she looked familiar from the Nidraachal war but the name didn't mean anything to him and he could be thinking about the wrong person, there was alot of drowssu on the run looking for safty from his clan and could be wrong.

She seemed to know Vithars son from over hearing their conversation. She then left into a tent and came back out in a sleeveless shirt. He silently admired her build in that tight shirt but only a glanced so's he's not caught gawking.

Then the larger commander came back out and asked them if they were ready to leave. Trinita claimed his gear and sliped his med kit around his shoulder "Yes sir I'm ready to leave." He intended to say more on the subject and finish what he was going to say when they had a moment.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Maria » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Hindrvitni gave the Nori'fu woman a quick nod and a salute before taking her position at the front of the group. She glanced back once or twice to see H'ladna leave for her tent once more, another one of her assistant bringing in a colossal stack of papers before running back out.

"Its not too far off from camp. An hour or even less on foot." The drowussu peered through the thick forest canopy above. "Might as well enjoy what sunshine one will get like this."

The Mae'yukir woman glanced back at the others with a small smile. "I hope H'ladna didn't give you too much trouble."
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Alric » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Without further fanfare, Vithar slung his pack over his shoulders, saluted H'ladna and prepared to follow Hindrvitni out. Odd that she declined to wear her top armor, though it was bound to be an uneventful walk to the city. Maybe she was as much of a flirt as H'ladna joked about...

"Hm, yes. That should give us an advantage over the Nals," grunted Vithar. The Nal camp was much farther away from the city's location, if the maps were correct. Vithar hoped that the Stalkers' head start was negligible. "A little shade would be nice..." added the Am'saag as he looked up into the sky. Vithar wasn't sure if he'd ever get completely used to sunlight, nice as it often was.

"Other than H'ladna getting a bit possessive about some of her misplaced paperwork, things went pretty well," replied Vithar.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 am

"My mother apparently served with her, I'll have to ask her about it next time I return to Chel" Durlyn added, following his commanding officer as they began their mission to this flooded city, pleased they had somesort of advantage of the greenies they'd be competing against, activating his helmet's visor and mask to shield his eyes from the sun.

"You and me both Boss Man, you and me both...bloody Daystar, can't wait til the moons come out tonight."
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Slipping on his helmet and medic arm band. Trinita looked at the sun in in the sky, the light didn't bother him so much like it did to most drows. He was just more resistant to it he guessed.

Less then a hours walks away from here huh, hell he could hustle all the way there if they wanted to. Trinita stepped up to Hindrvitni once she was done talking to the commander "Greetings Hindrvitni and welcome to the group, my name is Trinita and I'm the medic of the group." he grinned showing she was welcome to the group.

Trinita couldn't wait till they got to the ruins, its been a little while since hes been to one.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:54 am

Noticing the discomfort of a few the drowussu gave them a playful frown. "Not big fans of the great eye of the surface world I take it? A shame. I've always found it quite nice myself." She turned her head back forward to look over the faint dirt path. Perhaps her fondness of the sun was because she was drowussu? After all, they adored light.

At the medic's introduction she gave a smile and a nod. "And I am your guide."

((Time skip))

The hour passed by quickly, and the relic hunters found themselves at the entrance of a small marble shrine, now dull and overgrown with climbing ivy and weeds. A crippling statue covered in a blanket of moss stood atop a short pillar before it, depicting the visage of a goddess of old. The patron of D'ulkunde, and the one to have famously forsaken them.

Hindrvitni moved to the side, dropping the bag containing the rest of her armor at her feet. "This is it. The entrance to the city is inside, much easier to get into now that we ripped out the entire floor on our first trip here." A pale hand rose to point at the small shrine's entrance.

"See why bringing along clan mounts would have been useless here? We're going into the root of the mountain itself." She spoke as she dressed, adorning herself in the usual raider armor.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:32 am

"Never said I didn't like the daystar. Just that it was completely alien to me," muttered Vithar in return. He'd take sunlight any day over a blizzard, for example.

Vithar examined the statue and entrance to the shrine...it was barely recognizable as such under all the plant growth. "You ripped the entire floor out? What for?" he asked Hindrvitni. "Did you need to take out so much treasure that you had to make an extra large hole?" said the barbarian with a chuckle. If they needed to get in, it would have been more economical for their earth sorcerer to rip out a hole in the floor.

At the last statement Vithar merely rolled his eyes. "I didn't know the city was within an hours' march dismounted. Whatever, we're here now, no need to waste any more time," he grunted, walking towards the shrine.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 am

The drowussu woman had busied herself stuffing the empty pack into her other one now that she was wearing its previous contents. "The floor was made of wood, and quite damp and rotten, it had to go. Besides, its much easier to get down the passage now without having to lift the heavy lach."

She made to give the male a grin and a nod at his joke but her expression changed at his sudden offense. Noticing the eye roll the female closed her mouth as to not speak further. "Oh.......sorry" Hindrvitni muttered under her breath, letting her eyes fall to the ground. Her body took on a meaker language, and she followed behind without a word.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 am

"Hm, I see. Wood structures tend to rot quickly over time if left unattended," replied the Highland Raider. How much of the underground city was constructed out of wood? It would be in even worse condition due to the flooding down there. "Be careful of any wood floors...they're bound to be unsafe."

Vithar then noticed that Hindrvitni had taken his annoyance at her apparently patronizing statement a bit harder than he had intended. "Ah, it's alright," he grunted. "Don't worry about that, concern yourself on what lies ahead, trooper," said the veteran Highland Raider as he stepped inside the shrine.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:07 am

Trinita was scoping out the area. His hand near his sword, he guarded his companions like some kind of golem, he never stops watching. (In a good way)

"Godess! This is really close." Trinita said looking at the large hole and the Ruins around it. Looking at the remainings of the statue Trinita thought he would loved to see it in its prime. Silver or gold plated, shining off the bright sun. "It makes you wonder, doesn't it?" he looked at his comrades "What dose it take for a whole civilization to flee and leave all this behind." Trinita walked to Vithars right side, keeping five feet between them.

"Wood huh, I hate old wood. Nobody better fall down, I don't want to put broken bones back in place and carry you out of here." He started to check where he stepped a little more serious.
Looking at the hole again he turned, opened his mouth and was about to ask a question to Vithar but he held it back and turned his head back but Trinita wanted to be the first one in and lead, he always preferred his life on the line then anyone else but as the medic he a had a sworn duty to help his comrades in need.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Durlyn admired the statue of the goddess of old, sorry that time had worn it away, sorry that it and the other deities of old were replaced by Sharess, the goddess the Kyorls killed in the name of. Ever since his mate died by their hands he'd lost interest in Sharess and become more interested in the goddesses of old...Surely the deities of his ancestors were less cruel than the Sharen inspired goddess.

"Do we know anything about this statue? Like what Moon Goddess it was dedicated to? Might give us a better idea of what we are likely to run into within" Durlyn asked of their drowussu guide, finding it amusing yet refreshing to meet someone so bashful amongst the Highland Raiders.

"Can you guys believe they used to build houses out of wood? This stuff, in good condition, is ridiculously expensive back in Chel, I mean seriously, only rich Vals can afford to have furniture made of it. Too bad all of it is rotted here."
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am

"I am your guide, not one of your troopers, sir Vithar." She shifted the belts of her pack idly, not bothering to mention that the only wooden floor here was the one in the shrine and that there were no wooden floors in the underground hallways, least she got another offended reply. The inside wasn't much different from the outside, the paint had peeled off the walls, and what decoratons there would have been were long gone. Either broken or already looted. In short, the walls were bare and all that was left was a gaping hole in the floor with stairs leading into the dark.

Not wishing to be the one standing there showing she was uncomfortable with the group, the drowussu headed down the stairs first. The stone steps proved to be slick. "Watch your step." With brief concentration Hindrvitni mustered a small mana light in her hand.
Last edited by Maria on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:51 pm

"Regardless, you are a Raider with a job to do..." stated Vithar. "I didn't realize that the camp was this close to the city entrance."The drowussu had taken his rebuke a bit too strongly. Vithar hoped that it wouldn't be an issue later on. He followed Hindrvitni inside the empty shrine, noting the ransacked appearance of the interior. Not too surprising...things as overt as this didn't last long without supervision anyways. As Hindrvitni stopped at the staircase, Vithar looked down within. His thermal vision didn't detect any heat, so mana lights would be necessary.

"No clue what goddess it is...the statue's not in the best shape, being exposed to the elements. Maybe if we were to scrape the crud off of it, we could find out," replied Vithar. "Yeah, the Nal'sarkoth make a business out of providing wood furniture and structures to anyone who can afford them. Don't see the point of a wooden building underground other than to show off," grunted Vithar, shaking his head at the thought of wasting money on something so frivolous.

Hindrvitni led the way, mana light illuminating the smooth, dark stone walls of the staircase. Vithar walked down the stairs, hand on sword hilt as he motioned for the other three remaining Raiders to follow.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Can you guys believe they used to build houses out of wood? This stuff, in good condition, is ridiculously expensive back in Chel, I mean seriously, only rich Vals can afford to have furniture made of it

Trinita turned to Durlyn before entering the shrine looking "In case you haven't looked, there is a forest hiding this place." He said in a mock snarky voice just to tease Durlyn.

Following the Commander into the ruins, Trinita took note of all the water on the stair. What would I do for a water sorcery right now, to push that somewhere else he thought to himself. Making a orb of light for Durlyn, Tallau'wa and himself, Trinita took his steps carefully. "But wood rots too fast for anybody willing to pay for something that rots so quick." why else would you buy wood other then to show off in the under ground.

Listening to Hindrvitni relpy to Vithars rebuke Trinita sucked in his breath expecting somebody to be put in place. Not all Commanders were as calm as his commander, so Trinita relaxed seeing the danger passing as soon as it came. "Are we sticking together down here Sir?" Trinita asked Vithar to see what he wanted. With larger groups they could be split up to cover more ground but there were only five of them.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:56 am

The drowussu guide continued down, keeping her eyes on the descend, waiting for it. Annnnnd....here it is... With a light leap from her toes she jumped a few steps down, avoiding the dent in the staircase that left the spots of two steps empty. Hindrvitni wobbled on the landing spot for a moment, heels on the edge of the slippery step. With a sharp lean forward she managed to regain her balance.

Vitni called up to the others. "Keep your eyes on the stairs a few are missing." Giving a brief pause in her speech she looked behind her as the stairs continued on into darkness. "Trust me, you would not want to fall down these."
Maria
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive