Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

The Surface: D'ulkunde (private)

The Surface: D'ulkunde (private)

Postby Maria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:02 am

((For the Highland Raiders))

H'ladna Nori'fu Sarghress sat on a wooden curule chair, shuffling through the papers and writing utensils sprawled across her desk with a scowl. It was always her to get stuck with the paperwork of her underlings. Propping an elbow on the table she traced a finger over the scar on her cheek, running from her upper lip to her left cheekbone. It was a habit of hers, showing whenever she was deep in thought. Her orange hair was cut short and messy, reaching to her chin, with red streaks at the front and a short braid at the back ending between her shoulderblades.

H'ladna gave a final irritated sigh, she went to massaging her forehead with the heel of her palms, avoiding having to look through the papers again just yet. Hardened yellow eyes drew to the opening of her tent, large enough to fit a good 25 people in it, as she hollared to the guard outside.

"Bring 'em in! All of 'em." Her voice was tired and hard, as one would expect of a 250+ year old. The Nori'fu woman stood up to her full height at 6'6" and saluted the raiders entering her tent.
Last edited by Maria on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maria
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Re: The Surface: D'ulkunde

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:37 am

The tent's flap was pushed aside as Vithar Am'saag Sarghress, a tall, powerfully built male drowolath dressed in the arms and armor of a Highland Raider entered. He immediately snapped to attention and raised his right arm in salute. "Your orders, milady?"
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:39 am

Durlyn Cladd'urden Sarghress entered the officer's tent alongside his fellow Highland Raiders and returned the salute given to them by their superior, H'ladna Nori'fu Sarghress. The Norifu were one of the largest subhouses of the Val'Sarghress clan, far larger than his own family, and Commander Koildorath Val'Sarghress, leader of the Heavy Infantry, was once of that subhouse before being adopted by the Mercenary Queen, Illharess Quain'tana Val'Sarghress herself. Needless to say, this was someone he wanted to show the utmost respect towards for political reasons at least, not that he wouldn't have even if she hadn't been from a major subhouse, she was a superior officer afterall.

"Sgt Durlyn Cladd'urden Sarghress reporting for duty mam," Durlyn said, standing at attention, carrying himself with the confidence and discipline expected of a trained Sarghress soldier.

He wondered what they were all being gathered here for, hoping that an important mission involving the surface and some ancient ruins full of treasure lay ahead of him and his compatriots.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:17 am

The Nori'fu woman peered down at the smaller males, and sat down, motioning for the two to sit down at one of the smaller seats before her table. She set herself down at her own seat, withdrawing a few files under the pile of papers. H'ladna gave the files a bored once over before looking up at the younger males. It was Durlyn to whom she spoke first.

"I served with your mother once. Hard working woman. I will come to expect the same from you." She laced her hands together on the table.

"Now, I'll be expecting a few more raiders to join you here, but what I will need you lot to do is investigate the flooded city of D'ulkunde. Then report back here"
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:56 am

"D'ulkunde? I've heard of that city. What are we to look for, and do we have any information on what's in that city?," asked Vithar, sitting down in front of H'ladna's desk. He took the papers and leafed through them, reading whatever information they had on the sunken city. "I've already assembled a small team...the rest should be arriving shortly." Vithar then sat back and finished reading the report, waiting for the other two team members to arrive.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 am

Trinita knew he was going to be late but damn it he was needed. Trinita was just leaving a wolfs den, finished with tending to a poor sap who almost got his arm bitten off but was lucky enough to only get a few gashes. The cuts were deep enough for the need for Trinita to put time away from what he was doing and tend to the poor bastard rather than make him walk to the med tent.

Son of heavy infantry man Arthin and medical officer Cea, who was known for once preforming surgery with her 10 hour child in a crib beside her.

Trinita found the large tent. He snapped to attention and gave a sharp saluted at the door waiting for the officer to give him permission to speak and enter, in-case they were in the middle of something. When he was given permission he would say "Corporeal Trinita Sarghress reporting to duty. No excuse Mam for being late." Trinita didn't use the emergency as an excuse, he would have been fine to rush him to the med tent and be on his way.

*Hope this is ok.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:14 pm

"Honored to meet an old comrade of my mother's and I will mam" Durlyn replied, surprised to hear this woman knew his mother, Devess of her own subhouse, minor as it was...This Norifu woman impressed him.

He looked at the papers Vithar was perusing and asked "What can you tell us about this flooded city mam? Do we know what happened and if anyone survived? Or will that be up to us to find out?"

Durlyn was vaguely familiar with the city's name but didn't really know anything about the place, wondering to himself how many lives were lost during this flood their commander spoke of.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Maria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Before the male could finish reading what he had started the large woman leaned over the table and ripped the papers out of his hands with a growing look of irritation. "Must I remind you of your rank?" H'ladna was moody enough as is, having learned only recently that Koildorath of her house had been replaced as Quain'tana's heir, the other houses were no doubt laughing at them now.

She gave a quiet grunt and sat back in her chair, tidying the papers in her hands before she set them down again. The papers scattered about where enough of a mess as is without someone else adding to it. It was at this moment Trinita appeared at the entrance of the tent, she merely waved him in and pointed to a seat as she began her explaination.

"D'ulkunde. A bedtime story for brats, and one I'm sure you have heard. The dark elf city at the root of the mountains, flooded by a haughty goddess of old for one thing or another." The tale was an old one, and had been retold many times over changing as it was told. Some would say the goddess damned them because she was spurned by an elven lover, or because the nation was dabbling in forbidden arts, and so on and so forth.

"The place is very much real." H'ladna pulled a rough drawing of three swirls spreading out from a common centre. "A group of raiders ran into a shrine with this symbol on it, and various hastily written runes mentioning the name D'ulkunde over and over again. Beneath the floor they found stairs leading under the mountain, and to damp hallways. We have yet to run into corpses." She tapped the drawing and leaned against the table.

"We need you to search the place for anything of value, but---" The large Nori'fu woman scowled and scratched her scar. "--be quick about it. Rumors have reached the greenies and we know 'ey'll be all over the place like flies on haledri shit unless we seize its bounty first."
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Vithar was mildly surprised to find that Durlyn's mother had fought beside H'ladna. He'd have to ask Durlyn about that once the briefing was concluded. Even more surprising was H'ladna rudely tearing from his hands the notes she had just handed him seconds before. "Do I have to ask nicely this time?" he deadpanned. She seemed to be in a particularly foul mood.

The Highland Raider sat back and listened as H'ladna spoke about the lost city. He too had heard of the story many times. Usually each story was quite different, making it difficult to glean any accurate information from the narrative. "Is that all they found? A supposed entrance to the city? Sounds like we should get ready for a fair deal of swimming," he grunted.

At the mention of Nal'sarkoth, Tur'geis frowned. "Figures. How'd they find out about this place, anyways? I'll bet they were tailing the raiders who found the place." he grumbled. "Do you have any maps of the place?" he asked as H'ladna concluded her speech.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Maria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:39 pm

((She never gave Vithar any files XD

She set herself down at her own seat, withdrawing a few files under the pile of papers. H'ladna gave the files a bored once over before looking up at the younger males.

She looked at her files then back at them.))
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Phoenix0995 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Tallau'wa Sarghress ducked into the tent just as H'ladna started talking about D'ulkunde. Not wanting to miss anything, she listened to the older woman talk about the mission. After H'ladna finished, Tallau'wa stood silently, thinking about it. It didn't sound too hard, but the last time she had said that out loud, she'd wound up repressing the memory of how badly she'd been embarrassed.

She didn't say anything once H'ladna finished, mostly because she had nothing to say. It certainly did sound intriguing, no matter how easy it might or might not be. In addition to the information Vithar had asked for, Tallau'wa wondered just how far it would be to D'ulkunde. She certainly hoped that H'ladna would answer Vithar, because her curiosity was piqued.
Phoenix0995
Summoner

Postby Maria » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 pm

She narrowed her eyes at the tallest male, though her body language remained nonchalant the expression on her face made it look as if she was going to punch the male. Pinching the bridge of her nose with her armored hand she paused a moment before continuing.

"I will not take lip from any of you. You don't like it, bring it up with Koil'dorath Nori'fu, or hell, Quain'tana herself if you have to. But I am here to get the job done, not to be nice." H'ladna paused to graze her eyes over the now four of them.

"Further more, taking papers from my table will not be tolerated. It is not your business to look unless I were to hand them to you myself." The Nori'fu giantess knocked on the table to accentuate her point.

"Is that clear?" She waited for the expected replies to her lecture, before continuing onto more important business.

"What map we have is an incomplete one drawn by a fellow former raider." She placed particular emphasis on the 'former', shortly explaining as to why.

"The very same who drunkenly went about a tavern and sold 'em greenies another copy....If I hear one of you has done the same I will have you hanged from the trees...by the balls." H'ladna wasn't joking.
Maria
Vel'akar

Postby Alric » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 pm

((Oops...thought she handed them to Vithar and the others XD))

Vithar glared back, but kept silent, only to say "Yes, ma'am. My mistake will not happen again." She had the relevant papers placed facing him...what was he supposed to think?

"Was the same done to him?" inquired Vithar about the sacked Raider. ((ba-dum-psh)) "You can count on us not to sell our maps...especially with a threat like that. Now how about that map you have? We need to get going before the greenies show up."
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Durlyn sighed in relief once the dispute between H'ladna and Vithar was settled, it was never wise to anger superior officers right before a mission, especially when valuable intel was being explained that they would need later.

His eyes narrowed and he grit his teeth at the thought of one of their own selling out to the Greenies, had the coward no honor? Did he expect to get away with it?

"Has the traitor already been dealt with Mam? Or should we expect to run into him along with the Greenies we'll be competing with for the prize?"

He really hoped he'd get a chance to punish this turncoat if he hadn't been taken care of already, the Cladd'urdens were all intensely loyal to the Merc Queen for taking their family in after the Sharen nearly destroyed them.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby django » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Trinta's jaw tighten and his body stiffened expecting a brawl to explode as the tension got thick in the large tent. But thank fully nothing happened.
Trinita listened quietly and didn't say a word since he sat down.

Turning his head to the new comer, somebody new he thought. 'Who's she' Trinita wondered? He quickly turned his head back to the large grumpy bitch as she talked about how somebody sold the highlanders out and leaked information of the were about of this runes. Damn greenies Trinita hated the fact they had to compete with them from time to time.

When she was free to answer a question "Who was this lout and what dose he look like." Trinita didn't have to explain what he planned to do to him expected him to be an Olath and maybe hiding in the ruins, looking for spoils before anyone else.
Last edited by django on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive