Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Illhar'dro Fortress

Val'Raveran | Illhar'dro Fortress

Postby Thalar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm

((Now open for play.))
The most prominant clan within the city of Val'Raveran, the Illhar'dro have established a base of operations within the city that rivals its Chel'el'sussoloth branch in terms of both proportion and beauty, while its close proximity to the surface affords it a few luxuries that are lacking within the great drow city further into the underworld.

The outer walls of the compound are richly decorated in silver and blue shades and rise high enough to be easily defensible from outside threats, in case one might originate from the surface, or from a rival drow clan. Heavy steel gates serve as the sole governor of traffic to and from the compound, the gates themselves controlled by an elaborate clockwork mechanism responsible for working the prolific doors.

The transition between the rough streets of Raveran and the carefully tended cobblestone walkways of the Illhar'dro compound occurs at the base of the huge gates, and the even surface persists throughout the compound, the walkways and paths themselves divided into an aesthetically pleasant, symmetrical design that leads to the buildings within the area.

In the centre of the compound, following the path straight forward from the entrance, rests the living symbol of the Illhar'dro clan; a prolific tree with a huge, silvery moon disk behind it. The tree is maintained constantly by Faerns of the house talented with light creation, as well as a slew of dedicated gardeners responsible for keeping the tree in perfect health. The tree was planted as the foundation of the compound was being laid, and has flourished with the clan and the city.

Surrounding the tree in pleasing symmetry are three buildings of immense importance to the Illhar'dro clan. Constructed to the left of the tree, the living quarters provide housing for everyone from the lowliest guardsman to Raveran's appointed Mistress of the Song, who answers directly to the Illharess in Chel'el'sussoloth. Beyond the great tree, the Illhar'dro Concert Hall awaits with a yawning auditorium for performances, as well as a number of classrooms and dance halls for teaching, practice and celebration. To the right of the great tree is the Illhar'dro trade hub, where all incoming and outgoing trade ventures are processed, be they from Chel'el'sussoloth, the drider city, or kingdoms upon the surface.
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Val'Raveran | Illhar'dro Fortress

Postby django » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 pm

"Well its the spiting image of it mother that's for sure." Mae said walking up the cobble stone streets. They sure like to go out of their way to make everything look so much like the surface, it begs the question of why don't they just move to the surface?

She prefers her clans simple and straight to the point.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

"It's beautiful, does it really look like the surface like everyone says? I've always wanted to go up to the overworld but I've never had the chance." Rilla'me asked staring around her.

It was the tree that caught and held her eyes. She sighed, clasping her hands in a childish gesture. "I wonder what kind of plants there are up there, how much easier they would grow."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 am

"Theres no place like home, or its subsidiaries."

Di'onte felt truly calm and relaxed for the first time since he left home. As the group walked around the courtyard they were hailed by a large, experienced looking warrior. His armor had several medals painted directly on the breast plate and the claymore in his back had a silver star engraved hilt. he helmet, plan by Illhar'dro standards, covered his face.

"You come all the way to Val'Raven, pick up two beautiful girls on the way and you don't have time to greet me? Thats cold-blooded Di'onte."
The guard removed his helmet, reveling a face eerily similar to his son. Unlike Di'onte, this drow's hair was jet black with blue streaks. his right check had a scar which he had tried to turn into a star-burst.

"Pardon my rudeness ladies, I'm just glad to see my son. My name is Cal'tyrone, I hope he's acted appropriately while away from home."

After giving Di'onte a hug, Cal'tyrone gave Mae a quick once over.

"You look kind of familiar. I used to be a raider a few decades ago but after a few tours they stuck me here as a trainer. You seen much surface action?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm

A stranger walking up talking startled Rilla'me so much that as she spun around to face him she tripped over her own feet and fell flat on her face. 'Way to make a good first impression you stupid stupid *****' she thought to herself as she scrambled quickly to her feet. Fortunately the man was too busy hugging his son to have noticed, she hoped. she brushed at her clothes, fortunately the place was kept very clean.

She went still for a moment when she saw his face "Well I can see where Dee gets his good looks from." she blurted out. She could feel herself starting to turn a pretty pink colour. 'Sharess be damned, what am I doing!?!'
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Holy goddess who the hell is that!? Mae thought to herself as a man dressed in clean cut armor and wielding a nice looking claymore. She been around arms and armor all the time, and shes never seen better examples in a long time.
Mae thoughts were interrupted by Rilla fell. "Duh?" She said with a bit of a screw up face. Did she just drop dead for a second?

Mae turned back to the new guy just in time to find out its... Holy crap its Di'onte father!

She slightly blushed at being called beautiful, that man had a way with words Mae had to admit. "Uhh, I've been in the raiding business for about ten years now, although I've in the Sarghress Heavy Infantry for about forty years, perhaps you've seen me there."

She then turned to Di'onte "He's behaved himself I guess."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:10 am

Di'onte winched a little on the inside. not only was his father treating him like a child but it was in front of Rilla'me and Mae. although it was nice to get the second hand complament from Rilla.

"were really hear on business. I have to get Talb and the rest of my gear. I'm headed topside."

"The armory is in the same place as it is in chel."

As they headed though the interior a suttle change began to overtake Di'onte. He stood striaghter, his steps became more cadenced and he held his shoulders at a 180 degree angle. Upon entering the room they were greeted by a small, stout halm in servants clothing.

"Trevor, please fit my friend with the green hair for a suit of armor. let her pick out any weapon, class B and downwards on my account. I trist my gear is in the correct place?"

"Yes it is master. I kept Talb shined and polished myself."

"Thank you," said Di'onte with genuine smile. "Your the best at what you do, don't let anyone tell you different. Ri, i'm going to get my armor, the servents should take care of you. I'll see you two in a bit."

With that, Di'onte gave Rilla'me a playfull squeeze around the waist and left, hidden by the walls of armor and weapons.
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:31 am

Mae walked along the halls of the Illo fort, "I like my clan the way it is, Sword metal grey and Shit color brown. This place reminds me of the first and only Mushroom trip I had as a kid. My father was so unimpressed with me and made with sit in the Sarghress sparing room..." Mae shuttered at the last part, it freaked her the fuck out with all the noises and flashing mana.

"Any how, surface trip? Where are you planning on goin any way?" Mae cocked her head. "You planning on brining me along as a guide or something?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 am

"That male's just far too-" Rilla'me started, sending Di'onte a half amused half disapproving look as he walked away. Mae interrupted her thoughts with her question.

"Don't look at me. Dee's the one who dragged us along here, I was thinking of seeing if she was at the wolf fort here, or find out where she might be headed." Rilla'me responded, with a shrug. "That singer's enthusiasm brought us here. That and nice equipment." She said before turning to the goblin.

"Trevor wasn't it? Just light armour please, I'd like to be able to move." She told him.

The halme bowed his head and spoke politely, "right this way then please."

She followed him off, "See you in a minute." she said with a slight wave.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:48 pm

There it was, old faithful. the dark blue suit of heavy armor that saw him though those two terrible battles. the plate even had his metal panted on it. Lt.Sgt. Di'onte Illhar'dro, the drow who severed the head of the black dragon triad's boss in single combat. Talb, his custom made sword, was hanging by a hook, shined to perfection. Di'onte had it biased off the blades he herd tales of the goblin masters using, bronze in color and one of the few kopehes in all the underground. After donning his gear he walked back to the lobby.

"So Mae, what do you think?"
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Mae looked over at Di'onte. Holy hell, in walks a Illo and out walks a fully armed and armored Illo. "Not bad Di'onte, not bad at all." she said as she walked over to get a closer look. "Did you ware this armor into battle before?" Mae said as she noticed the some signs of repair.

Shes been around arms and armor sinces the day she was born. That and shes in the army, so she knew the in and out of arms and armor.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Rilla'me walked back after selecting a plain but well made sword. She'd been given a dark grey spidersilk outfit with deep blue accents. She never could stand walking around encased in metal.

She stared at Di'onte, looking him up and down. "That.. Really suits you Dee." She said, politely. She couldn't say she liked seeing him in full armour... 'Far too much of a hassle to take off.' She cursed herself at that thought, keeping her face blank.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

"Only twice. I fought in the last battles of the Black Dragon Triad wars. Ignore the rank though. I'm only a Lt. Sgt. because Mom wouldn't let me be anything lower. If weren't a noble I'd only be a PFC (private first class). Dad made me drill a lot though."

Di'onte pulled out his sword and gave it a brief twirl, showing a well practiced disarming technique.

"sorry i had to tell them we were headed to the surface but i had a hunch its where we would be heading. plus i wanted to be fully prepared for any black dragon reprisals we run into. I'm not putting you in a situation like the White Lion ever again Mae."

Looking over he saw Rilla'me in her spider silk and sword.

"You look nice Ri, but i think your a little under-dressed. spider silk is nice but it won't stop a sword in full swing. I was in a get up similar to yours, it wasn't much protection."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am

Rilla'me sighed, it was always the same. Mind you she couldn't really blame him, the outfit didn't exactly offer much protection. "I just can't cope with armour. I don't know why but I can't seem to walk two steps without falling over, besides, heavy armour slows you down. They won't be hitting me when I wear this. I'm too fast, it's the only advantage I have." she replied, edgily, She was just going through the same old arguments and she knew it. She could only hope her annoyance wasn't too obvious.

She did know what it was of course, armour made her self-conscious, which made her be more careful, which made her clumsy. "I've never won a fight in armour." she noted for good measure, she hoped it would be enough to discourage them from dragging her back to get something heavier.
Last edited by Rilla Treespirit on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:34 pm

"Heavy armor or not the idea is not to get hit." Mae who was use to hearing such arguments and tired of them as well. My units better then your bla bla bla yap yap yap, Heavy Infantry suck... She's heard them all.

"Illos have a strange sense of Rank in their army." Or what every they call an army here she thought to herself. "And I sure as hell hope you wont Di'note. Know it you two are done arguing about armor, I believe we got a sister to find." She said as she started to head to the door.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive