Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Yurun'hiir outpost (Sarghress domain)

Re: Val'Raveran | Yurun'hiir outpost (Sarghress domain)

Postby Kithrune » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:31 am

Di'onte smiled at the sudden outpouring of Mae's maternal instincts. "Hes a cute little guy, he must get it from his aunt."

He felt slightly voyeuristic getting a glimsp of the hard-ass's soft side.

Settling down he turned his mind towards the business at hand. Rilla'me big revel.

"First your stabbing criminals in the street and now you admit to deception. I really can't get a firm grasp on you Ree."

Di'onte said this with a smile but the statement let his inner feelings see light. He had only just begun to peel back the layers of his new friends and if theres one thing life as a noble shows taught him, its that as you get closer to who someone really is, the more likely you are to find something rotten.
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:29 am

"That's such a sweet little tikki." Rilla'me exclaimed with a bright smile. She turned to Di'onte when he spoke, his suggestion of deception stung.

She bristled indignantly, "I'm hardly deceiving anyone Dee." she shrugged it off quickly enough though. "About my intentions..." she sat herself on the floor curling her knees up next to her. She was far too lazy to get a chair.

"My plans for the future, not necessarily the near future mind, It's hardly possible at the moment, are, and please don't laugh, to rebuild my clan." She paused, waiting for their reactions.

"Of course, right now what I need is money. Some way that I can, I don't know start up a business so I actually stand a chance in achieving my dream."
Last edited by Rilla Treespirit on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kithrune » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 pm

He was instantly revealed.

"Thats it. you just want to rebuild your clan. Thats actually pretty common. Why don't you be illthar, Mae commands the army, and I give you a few dozen heirs in between talking the other clans out of murdering us in our sleep."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby django » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 pm

"Rebuilding a clan huh? That's gonna be some feat to pull off." May said as she sat down on a couch with Grunt moaning. Sliding off her gauntlets so she could pet the Tiki better, Mae thought to herself about how Quain'tana became the Ilharess she was today.

"I like being a grunt, if I wanted to be buried in paper work I'd be an officer right now."

Most clans if they dont stick or have the right connections don't do very well, they said that about Quain'tana and look at what she has made. "So you think your sisters going to help you?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Rilla'me rolled her eyes and proceeded to ignore Di'onte's comments. She turned to Mae instead. "I know it won't be easy but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try my best. I can understand the paperwork avoidance, I've had to do a lot of it in the past. Not fun, especially not when all the papers tell you is that you're drowning in debts." She shrugged, "It's worth it though, if you're doing something worthwhile."

She thought about her sister and what she knew of her. "I hope she can help me, at least a bit. If not financially then perhaps she could help me by bringing plants or seeds down from the surface which I could use, those are worth a small fortune if looked after properly. I'm sure we could make some kind of deal. At least, if she's not like my other sister."
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby Kithrune » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 am

Despite the jokes Di'onte couldn't help but feel invigorated the thought of having a place in this new clan. One he helped to build with his own two hands.

"Its good that we know who were after and why but we still need the mounts. I have a bit of money but i'm not sure i can get three mounts. I've stretched my privileged at home as much as i can to get us the gear that we have. with what i've got I may be able to get us one. Maybe two if the stable hands are feeling lonely."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 pm

She couldn't help but be surprised at their reactions, they didn't seem to be ridiculing her like the last person she'd told about her ambition.

"Ok so, you really want to help. That's good, but will going to find her on the surface really be constructive?" She was thinking out loud, not expecting an answer.

"I know you want to get out of town Dee but somehow "The Wastelands" doesn't sound like a friendly environment." She was weighing the options, the pros and cons of the situation. Eventually she smiled, "I might be able to find some interesting plantlife to grow and sell, and if we visit some of those goblin cities... who knows what useful things we might find... Yes all right," she nodded. "If we can't find my sister, it could still make a good business opportunity. And hell, it sounds like fun."

She grinned before turning her thoughts to the practical question of transport "As to the question of mounts I'm sure I could help you out there, if we pool our money and resources, I could get us a good deal, it is my expertise after all. We might need other equipment too though?..Mae?" the raider was sure to know what they'd need, wasn't she.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Mae grinned at the idea of going to the surface, its something different for a change rather going out with a bunch of raiders. "I guess I could write up a list of things we'll need if were all going." Mae said as she leaned over and opened a drawer filled with paper.

She mumbled to herself thinking about what they need and what they don't need. "Here, theses are the things we'll need the most." She handed the list over. "The waste lands is nothing but a desert a few ruins but thats about it, once we get past that we'll find better grounds." Mae leaned back while petting Grunt.

(the list has basic things, do you guys what separate horses or a wagon?)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 pm

"We already have a decent amount of food and water," (OOC: the other thing he got when we stopped at the Illhar'dro fort) " I'm thinking one good mount and a decent cart would be cheaper than three adult animals. we would be moving much slower that way though."

after a bit of thought an idea popped into this head. one just crazy enough to work.

"I could try to get a gig here. no telling how much i would make but it would be something. Its no white lion but on the other hand it's safe. what do y'all think?"

(OOC: That all depends. If you want to chase down Rilla'me's sister quickly then i'd get three horses. the wagon would be slower but it would have more room for teh phat lootz of the surface world.)
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Having taken the list Rilla'me looked through it, mentally checking off the things we already had.

"We have a few of these things, as for the horse and wagon idea, I'd imagine the price would be roughly the same, that is, if you wanted one that wouldn't fall apart on you. I suppose it might be a bit cheaper." She considered it for a moment and reached out to pick up the nearest pencil. "I'd need to check out the current prices."

"It sure would be useful for any goods we picked up up there though... hmm what was that about a gig?" she asked looking up from the calculations she'd started. "We could do with just a little bit more money. Some gold for trading with those goblins would be useful too." She scratched her head, rubbed out a few numbers, rewrote them and finally nodded.

"hmm, however I calculate it we'd need roughly - " She frowned and cursed, realising her foolishness. "This is stupid, I'm using the average market values in Chel. Those are completely inaccurate here." She shook her head irritably.

"Let's just go with the wagon idea." She said eventually.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 am

"The wagon would be a good idea, If the highlanders are going somewhere their going to get there, with or without a wagon." Mae got up to feed Grunt before returning to them "Besides its cost less to feed one horse then it would three in the long run. We could get an ox, it would carry more too if we find some loot along the way."

"Well if that's all decided, we should look into this Gig you were talking about some extra ada would be nice, Gold not hard to get a hold of here. I could get a good rate on it here." Mae turned to Di'onte, looking to see what he had in mind.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:21 am

" A full performance." Di'onte pulled out his lute and began to tune it while he talked. "Spellsong, light socery, the works. If we charge a small price at the door and pass a hat around after we could stand to make enough to get that horse and a good wagon. mabey enough to snag some gold for trade. The solders here seem bored so i bet they would love a one night only performance."

satified with his tuning he placed the lute on the ground.

"The only issue is that I'm not particularly well liked out here. no matter how much armor i put on I still fit the Illo steryotype. shoot, i'm a nobels kid with inflated rank, i AM the steryotype. Thats why your going to have to be the one to set up the gig Mae."

He flashed Mae a sincerce smile

"Your the only one here who fits in. If you punch a guy in the nuts your being yourself. If i do it, it starts a war."
Kithrune
Tainted

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Half-listening to his suggestion she gave a quiet nod. All the talk of getting horse and wagon had reminded her of other, happier times, when her mother was alive and had been keen on the idea of sending her to join caravans to other cities to experience more of life - It had never come to pass. She felt herself slowly feeling more warm and comfortable.

She shook memories and from her head, and glanced up at them both "I'm sure they'd be happy to get some entertainment, Must be boring standing, guard all the time." she said quietly, before her thoughts drifted off again. She yawned, hadn't realised how tired she was; it'd been a long time since she'd slept.
"Why don't you arrange something Mae" she murmured vaguely.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Postby django » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 am

"Me!? what the hell would I know about setting up anything past a goddamn assault raid or sticking a sharp object into somebody!" Mae gave a disapproving look to the pair. "I wasn't born in Val Raven numb nuts, I'm from Chel. "

After a few moment of collecting herself Mae and thinking it over, "I'm sure we could do something like that but... I don't think I'm the best choice for this kind of thing."

(You guys want to skip the money collecting part and say off screen we made enough to get what we needed?)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kithrune » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:33 am

(Fine with me. Any objections Rilla?)
Kithrune
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive