Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Re: Val'Raveran | Inlulk'lar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:35 pm

With the templar finally ready to get out, Kyori was free to lead the way to the entrance. "Off we go then" she said as she paced off, though she waited for Seruxis to come outside first before she locked the door behind them. "Where would you like to go?" she asked him. "Within Inlulk'lar of course. We are not properly dressed to get out in the main city" she explained as they left her apartment behind.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Seruxis tilted his head a bit and put his hand on his chin thinking about what he would want to see. He didn't want to go into the main city and agreed that the weren't dressed for that. "I would like to see where the nearest armor repair shops are as well as food shops first off. I will need to mark those down since I will need to visit them more often then not," he began.

"And..." he paused wondering how he was going to word this next request, "the fabric area I would presume? I like to repair my own clothing instead of buying new ones and save some ada"

Probably the only skill his mother passed down to him that was off any use was how to sew and repair small rips, tears, or busted seams without much difficulty. Seruxis followed Kyori, keeping a weathered eye out for anything that might prove as a threat to them.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:10 pm

"I know some very good metalsmiths around here" Kyori explained. "Very good at repairing armour and, if a part needs to be replaced, you won't notice the difference from the old one." She led her way out of the building and then continued guiding them towards the market section. It was a bit boring for her, but she had some stuff in mind that might liven up the evening for her. Some shopping would never hurt, right?

Perhaps a new outfit along with a new sword to complement her yatagan would be useful. Kyori was, furthermore, seriously considering the longsword as an option, finding that Seruxis could help her dust off her skills with it, although other weapons like the light mace were also rather tempting; depending on what end result was she aiming for, she would eventually pick something.

She eventually stopped at a crossroads, near the entrance of the market. "To my left" she showed, "you can find smiths. To my right, healers and repairers of shoes and clothes and whatever. If you continue to the front you'll reach the main market section, where you can find basically anything." She turned around to face him and folded her arms beneath her chest. "Well, where would you like to go first? If nowhere I have a few places in mind" she said.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Seruxis only shook his head, "No nothing for me to go until I get my trunk. I'll just need to come back to buy a few things I would've forgotten. I'll follow you. You seem to have a plan of attack for us this eveing," he said with a slight smile. He could survive shopping for he had done it a few times back home with his mother and with his late warden.

"I'll help carry everything," he offered, "so you can get everything you need without your hands full with bags and such," Seruxis was going to be mindful of his manners that was for sure, He didn't want to offend her. Plus it wouldn't be right to let her carry all her things by herself now would it?

He didn't suspect at all that she would milk this offer for all its worth...she didn't seem like the type to do that to him.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:55 pm

"Alright" Kyori said flatly, nodding at the templar's words. "We can return to get complements to your stuff whenever the main baggage arrives then" she spoke, and looked at the three directions. "Really?" she then asked, just as he started making his offers to him. That was a pleasant but foreseen surprise to her, and she thought she could get a few stuff indeed after all. The best part, however, was when he offered carrying it.

Truth be told she wanted a weapon, an outfit or two, and to shop some food to cook back at home since that would be cheaper on the long-term than eating out all the time. She could do the cooking if the templar proved to be useless in it, too. Without any malicious intention she smiled at him and led the way towards her favoured smith. "Alright then, we can start with the blacksmiths" she said. "I'd like to explore the prospect of buying a weapon there."

She had yet to decide but she now had three weapons in mind; an arming sword, a longsword, or a light mace? Or maybe one of the swords plus the mace? No, that last one would be an overkill, she thought. In any case she would place an order for the smith to prepare at the best of his ability and deliver it the soonest possible, if she could not find what exactly did she want; such as a sword with the clan symbol or her house crest.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 pm

The market was a bit crowded today, with people jostling about in front of stalls. Seruxis was glad for his height that forced pathways through the mob without a lot of pushing and shoving as they made their way to the blacksmiths. The area the blacksmith occupied was clearly seen by the smoke rising from the forges, and the sound of metal against metal wringing out.

"Weapons can be a chore to buy sometimes. You always have to find on with a nice grip, proper weight, and one that suits your style," he said causually, "Took me forever to replace my last longsword not just because I had to save up to buy it but just becasue it seemed I couldn't find the right one,"

He shoulder the sword more snuggly on acrossed his back, "So what weapon do you think you'll be interested in? I say something fast and light like your style,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 pm

The sight of this quarters was too familiar for Kyori; she came here very often, if only to admire the most recent crafts and works of the busiest blacksmith of Inlulk'lar, and perhaps the finest one as well. She could not help but relax her serious stature when she came here; the wonderful sights and sounds, metal hitting metal and every weapon imaginable from longswords to axes to maces to crossbows, of all sizes for all tastes.

"I am considering some sort of sword, or a light mace" she indicated. "In any case it will be custom-made and, obviously, of high quality" Kyori added. Besides, she loved going for good-quality stuff, and when it came to war, why not? Your life depended on these things. You would not want your sword to break in battle, not just because of its cost but also because it was, well, your weapon.

"Any suggestions yourself?" she then asked him.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Seruxis shrugged, "I've fougth with a longsword all my life and never really picked up another weapon. However you have skill with two handed fighting so I would suggest sticking to it instead of training yourself in the use of a londsword. It could throw your whole balance off," He looked over the weapons carefully as well always finding it a pleasue as always to look over such fine weapons.

"I've seen wardens use maces before with deadly results, a good tool for smashing in kneecaps and bone" he said ,"And a sword is good for piercing for bleeding damage" Seruxis looked over at Kyori. "whichever one seems the most appealing and useful to your style would be the better choice,"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 pm

"It's been a while since I last fought with a longsword" Kyori admitted as they walked forward. They eventually stopped outside a remote, but seemingly busy corner shop, with simple weapons and armours of good quality in display outside the door of the small inferno. "But you are right. Perhaps I should continue with speed and dual-wield. Switching a fighting style all out of a sudden will only downgrade me."

The warden knocked the door before she walked in, making signal for the templar to follow her. "Greetings" she said to the smith as soon as she saw her, and made a gesture of greeting, bowing before her in a sign of respect. The other woman simply continued working on the objects she was making as Kyori scanned the room for pre-ordered weapons, and finally paid a visit to the section a few maces were being kept.

It was an impressive but small collection of some light and heavy maces of apparent simplicity, but with great craftsmanship and great intricate patterns across their surface. An apparently light mace with a long tempered steel-based grip and a small, blackened adamantium-looking mace-head caught her attention; she examined it with her eyes and almost devoured it with them. She loved this weapon.

"May I?" she asked the smith, and until she nodded back, she did nothing.

Kyori took the small, long mace in her hands, admiring it. It was heavier than it looked; the blunt point with the flangs was not only well decorated, but also of adamantium, for extra weight. No doubt a very expensive piece of work; most likely, she would not be able to afford all that adamantium for the head, and would have to settle with tempered steel, but she admired this amazing tool of work nevertheless.

"I'd like to purchase such a mace" Kyori indicated, looking straight at the eyes of the blacksmith. Her body was only covered by long pants, boots, a choker and her reinforced leather apron, sweating over her anvil and fire. She took a look at the weapon and, as she continued welding the sword she was making using anvil, hammer and sorcery, she replied to the warden, telling her the cost for both an adamantium and a steel version of it.

Kyori thought of her options. "Tempered steel" she nodded. "Please include a small gem with my House's symbol at the bottom of the grip" she added. "I will cover the costs. Same symbol as usual" she nodded at her. She was, obviously, not a first-timer over here. The smith nodded in response with a smile. "I shall send it over to your apartments along with the bill with my firstborn once it is complete" she replied. Kyori smiled.

"Thank you" she said with a bow, and led her way out of the small forge.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 am

While Kyori inspected the weapons, Seruxis glanced over the display of longswords in admiration of their beauty. Such swords would cost him a fortune he simply did not have. The armor was also well made and sturdy not very decorative but then decorations where not always practical when designing armor and the likes for a templar. He continued to look at the armor watching Kyori out of the corner of his eye testing the maces.

He needed to know when her buisness was concluded as well as keep an eye on her for the sake that she was his warden even if off duty. A templar had to be ready to go to his warden's defense should anything happen even here is a simple smith shop. Seruxis noted that she seemed to know this smithshop as well as the owner just by the way the two interacted. The templar watched Kyori inspect a mace her eyes lighting up it seemed at it. It appeared she was going to order a similar mace herself. He waited patiently for Kyori to conclude her buisness and fell into step behind her on the way out of the shop.

"That smith makes some truly skilled items and you two seemed to know each other I take it," he said idly for the sake of conversation, "A fine choice in the mace"

He gave her a small smile, "It will really work with your style"
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 am

Kyori smiled at Seruxis' words. "Thanks" she replied eagerly, and nodded. "I am a regular here. This is where I get my gear repaired and all, and this is also where I buy gifts from" she explained to him as they slowly paced off. "She's made my armour, to be honest" she explained. "Did an excellent work. The design allows me to switch gems and make it more practical but equally decent by simply removing the reinforced silk robes."

"Overall, I can assure you she knows her job, and works finely with other craftsmen if need be" Kyo nodded. "I recommend her. But she is not the cheapest around here." She kept walking with grace, slowly and patiently, towards the main market section as they talked effectively leading the way.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:48 pm

"That will be something to note," He said as they made their way down the street, "I only have a few funds to spare as it is,"

He continued to walk down the streets with Kyori through the market but paused at one stand. "I need to stop in here real quick," he said to her entering the shop. It was a fabric shop with stacks upon stacks of botls of cloth of all shades and patterns. With a careful eye he looked at them eyeing the price tags and headed to the shades of white. He felt the materials either with a frown or a slight grunt of approval.

He could tell which one where of poor grade or not and quickly checked the prices on everything quickly turning it over in his head. Seruxis didn't want to keep Kyori waiting with his purchasing of sewing needs so eventuallly he decided on some cheap but sturdy white material to repair his clothing. The shopowner and him argued a bit in the merchant bartering stage before settling on a price. He paid and then headed outside the shop, his newly aqquired cloth folded and placed in a box, "Sorry. Needed some more white for minor repairs," he said to Kyori with a bow.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Kyori was about to make a venomous comment concerning Seruxis' finances when he stopped sharply, and got inside a fabric shop. "...Fine" the warden said with her eyebrows arched, wondering what could this poor ratling buy from such a shop. Nevertheless, he found something, bartered about it, and came right outside with it. She simply smiled at him as he came out.

"You know, there are less expensive shops if you go further downtown. More competition over there" she explained him with a sly smirk, barely resisting a giggle. "How much did that cost you?" Kyori then asked Seruxis, before a question came to her mind. 'Minor repairs?' Could this guy sew over here? The word 'househusband' came to her mind almost immediately. If he could also cook and clean, he would be the perfect mate, she joked.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Celice » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 pm

"I got it for a god price for the quality of it," he said lightly, "I'm pretty good at bartering things down after all I did grow up the son of a merchant" Seruxis smiled and shook his head, "More competition yes but you usually get swindled easly if you don't know good cloth from cheap crap they pull of the beggars,"

"So where to next Kyori?" He asked, "This is all I need to patch some holes up in my undershirt when I get back so I'm not in desperate need to shop anywhere,"

Really he could've used another set of needles but he had that in his trunk so it would be useless to buy that now.
Celice
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 pm

Son of a merchant, was it? Kyori perhaps did not look like it, but she was, in fact, looking keenly at Seruxis and draining every single piece of information she could about him. It didn't look like it, but she did not trust him at all; besides, the only person she could trust other than herself, Tar'lyn Umrae'yirr, was nowhere to be seen. So, the least she could do was actually get to know him; either as her enemy, or as her friend.

"Personally, I try to buy clothing from driders" Kyori replied. "Spidersilk. Multiple applications, multiple pros, and comparatively lower prices than from drow merchants" she nodded. "Not that other places here are bad. Arguably, you can find just as great stuff from drowussu and dark-skin merchants as you can find from drider weavers."

"But whatever" she concluded. "Do you want to continue going downtown and check for some clothing and what not as we discuss?"
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive